Trump: These Hos Ain't Loyal

2,843 Views | 54 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Johnny Bear
Mothra
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Johnny Bear said:

Golem said:

Mothra said:

Johnny Bear said:

Please give me the name of any other POTUS that did as much or more to support and advance the issues evangelicals most care about during their time in the White House - especially including Supreme Court nominees. Plus, just simply consider what the alternative was and is.

Plus, as Jeffress previously indicated, it was not about voting for your pastor or your kid's Sunday School teacher, it was about electing a leader that would stand up for the values of believing Christians, which warts and all Trump did his best to deliver on.
Trump did a good job of nominating conservative judges, and seems to now be pro-life, at least to an extent. In that regard, he was far superior to milquetoast Repubs like the Bushes, who nominated judges that were conservative in name only. I will always be grateful for that. But that does not mean he's worthy of undying devotion, especially from the pulpit. There were many, many things he did that were the opposite of Christian beliefs.

Edit: I've always said I will vote for Trump over the Democrat alternative, and I maintain that. I just think there are much better choices than him.

God Calls Cyrus
Isaiah 45:3 will give you the treasures of darkness and the riches hidden in secret places, so that you may know that I am the LORD, the God of Israel, who calls you by name. 4For the sake of Jacob My servant and Israel My chosen one, I call you by name; I have given you a title of honor, though you have not known Me. 5I am the LORD, and there is no other; there is no God but Me. I will equip you for battle, though you have not known Me…

Trump was a modern day Cyrus. He's clearly not a religious man, but he protected the rights and advanced the cause of those who worship God. I have no doubt God put him there, if only to change the SCOTUS in a very tenuous time. Had HRC appointed those justices, this country's constitutional rights would be lost.

I agree.

As your Biblical reference illustrates, God from time to time uses ungodly people for his greater purposes and for his glory. It doesn't mean those people won't personally face judgment if they remain in that state, but it also doesn't mean believers are somehow "hypocrites" if they realize God inspired benefit(s) from the actions of the people Gid utilizes - be they also believers or not.

Nobody is saying Trump has generally exhibited model Christian behavior in his life to date and nobody is saying or inferring he is or was some kind of evangelist for the Christian cause. Whatever the state of his personal relationship or non-relationship with Christ is or might become, he will eventually face judgment like all of us. He did, however, pledge to support and protect the values Christians (especially evangelicals) care the most about as a major part of supporting and protecting traditional American values in general and he governed accordingly. Stop and think for a minute what the SCOTUS would look like if Hillary had appointed those 3 justices. Overturning Roe v. Wade would've become totally hopeless for likely generations. to come at a minimum. Also think about the last justice appointed, who can't even define what a woman is. And beyond the right to life issue, ponder for a moment the out and out satanic type things that have been unleashed on the country the last two years that didn't happen under Trump's watch (which I don't believe is just some kind of a coincidence).

There were some big things that happened to the benefit of believers and their beliefs because of the election of 2016 and the attempt to minimize those things along with a general lack of gratitude by some believers posting on this site because of a personal dislike of Trump is pretty stunning.
We are in agreement on this, which is why I would vote for him again if he's the Republican nominee.

What pains me is that he's no longer president because of his inability to control his worse impulses. If he had been able to have any semblance of self control, he would still be president. And I don't give him a pass for that.
Mothra
Golem said:

Mothra said:

Golem said:

Mothra said:

Johnny Bear said:

Please give me the name of any other POTUS that did as much or more to support and advance the issues evangelicals most care about during their time in the White House - especially including Supreme Court nominees. Plus, just simply consider what the alternative was and is.

Plus, as Jeffress previously indicated, it was not about voting for your pastor or your kid's Sunday School teacher, it was about electing a leader that would stand up for the values of believing Christians, which warts and all Trump did his best to deliver on.
Trump did a good job of nominating conservative judges, and seems to now be pro-life, at least to an extent. In that regard, he was far superior to milquetoast Repubs like the Bushes, who nominated judges that were conservative in name only. I will always be grateful for that. But that does not mean he's worthy of undying devotion, especially from the pulpit. There were many, many things he did that were the opposite of Christian beliefs.

Edit: I've always said I will vote for Trump over the Democrat alternative, and I maintain that. I just think there are much better choices than him.

God Calls Cyrus
Isaiah 45:3 will give you the treasures of darkness and the riches hidden in secret places, so that you may know that I am the LORD, the God of Israel, who calls you by name. 4For the sake of Jacob My servant and Israel My chosen one, I call you by name; I have given you a title of honor, though you have not known Me. 5I am the LORD, and there is no other; there is no God but Me. I will equip you for battle, though you have not known Me…

Trump was a modern day Cyrus. He's clearly not a religious man, but he protected the rights and advanced the cause of those who worship God. I have no doubt God put him there, if only to change the SCOTUS in a very tenuous time. Had HRC appointed those justices, this country's constitutional rights would be lost.

I generally agree, though I don't know that he advanced Christian causes all that much - other than on abortion. I think it's more accurate to say he didn't propose legislation or policies that hurt the cause.

Stopping a raging fire is saving a city. Saving a city is direct support for that city. In this case, it was a formerly shining city on a hill.
I give him credit for rebuffing woke legislation, no question. I also think his presidency left much to be desired.
Osodecentx
Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Johnny Bear said:

W appointed the justice that wrote Dobbs

He also appointed Roberts.
How did Roberts vote on Dobbs?
Wangchung
Democrats will always attack Christians for voting, as there will never be a perfect Christian candidate to vote for so just ignore them when they pretend Christians are hypocrites for voting for the lesser of two evils. Their only goal is to get Christians to refrain from voting.
Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
Harrison Bergeron
Proud 1992 Alum said:

I voted for Trump twice and would again because the democrat would be worse for America. But it amazes me that anyone thinks that Trump's relationship with Christians was anything but transactional. Christians supported him and he delivered on the Supreme Court appointments. However, Trump is a Christian in the same sense that he supports family values - as a useful facade. Part of receiving salvation is admitting your sins and your need for God's grace and Jesus' sacrifice. Trump is incapable of admitting fault and has said numerous times that he doesn't need to ask for forgiveness. My guess is he sees Jesus like he saw John McCain. "I like guys who don't get captured by the enemy." Probably sees Jesus as a loser for allowing himself to be crucified instead of destroying those who were harming him. It has been apparent for a long time that Trump is a truly awful person and not someone worthy of being our country's leader. And someone that Christians should be wary of embracing.
I don't disagree with you, but he hardly is "less awful" than Joe Biden. Biden for years told blatant public lies about a poor truck driver that haunted the poor man his entire life. Biden has said as many nasty things about people as Trump, calling anyone that disagrees with him a racist or fascist or THREAT TO DEMOCRACY. He lies more than any president in history - and that's just about his biography. He's corrupt to the core and somehow amazed tens of millions of dollars (which he did not report to the IRS). He's been accused of raping a woman and molesting his daughter. That's not to take away from Trump's boorish behavior, but I do not get people can be so offended by one person and completely ignore the behavior of another.

At the end of the day, we're not electing a pastor but a president. Of course Trump used evangelicals and pretended to be a Christian for their support. That's hardly novel. Biden grew up in every ethnic church imaginably while still going to mass every Sunday. At the end of the day no one can really criticize his time in office hence always personal attacks. No one can ever discuss issues regarding Trump just ORANGE MAN BAD!
Johnny Bear
Mothra said:

Johnny Bear said:

Golem said:

Mothra said:

Johnny Bear said:

God Calls Cyrus

I agree.

As your Biblical reference illustrates, God from time to time uses ungodly people for his greater purposes and for his glory. It doesn't mean those people won't personally face judgment if they remain in that state, but it also doesn't mean believers are somehow "hypocrites" if they realize God inspired benefit(s) from the actions of the people Gid utilizes - be they also believers or not.

Nobody is saying Trump has generally exhibited model Christian behavior in his life to date and nobody is saying or inferring he is or was some kind of evangelist for the Christian cause. Whatever the state of his personal relationship or non-relationship with Christ is or might become, he will eventually face judgment like all of us. He did, however, pledge to support and protect the values Christians (especially evangelicals) care the most about as a major part of supporting and protecting traditional American values in general and he governed accordingly. Stop and think for a minute what the SCOTUS would look like if Hillary had appointed those 3 justices. Overturning Roe v. Wade would've become totally hopeless for likely generations. to come at a minimum. Also think about the last justice appointed, who can't even define what a woman is. And beyond the right to life issue, ponder for a moment the out and out satanic type things that have been unleashed on the country the last two years that didn't happen under Trump's watch (which I don't believe is just some kind of a coincidence).

There were some big things that happened to the benefit of believers and their beliefs because of the election of 2016 and the attempt to minimize those things along with a general lack of gratitude by some believers posting on this site because of a personal dislike of Trump is pretty stunning.
What pains me is that he's no longer president because of his inability to control his worse impulses. If he had been able to have any semblance of self control, he would still be president. And I don't give him a pass for that.

I would understand this concern a lot more if Trump had been treated even remotely fairly by the MSM and the left in general, but that obviously wasn't and isn't the case. Trump undoubtedly is the most scrutinized, needlessly investigated, unconstitutionally persecuted, harassed, and lied about POTUS we've ever had. As just one of many examples, consider the whole "Russia, Russia, Russia!" hoax/lie that was perpetuated for years that none of the perps have ever been held accountable for. Trump isn't a lay down, smile and take it type guy like George W. Bush, so push back, often strong, shouldn't have been surprising or unexpected. Sure, in the process he sometimes didn't exactly handle it well and could've done some things differently in his response, but I totally get the justified outrage the man felt and still feels under the circumstances.

And furthermore that isn't why he's no longer POTUS as there are roughly an equal number of people that by and large respect and even admire the way Trump refused to be the typical milquetoast establishment Republican that allows the left and the MSM to run over them without a forceful response as there are people that are strongly put off by it. He's no longer POTUS mainly because of a ruthless, unscrupulous political party that dominates the MSM, social media, Hollywood, and academia that thanks to successfully manipulating Covid hysteria to invent creative new ways to cheat through things like unsecured mail in ballots and ballot harvesting, along with successfully weaponizing the Justice Department, etc. I know it's another whole discussion, but the 2020 election was diabolically fixed and that's the main reason Trump isn't still POTUS.
Mothra
Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Johnny Bear said:

Voted against overturning arrow v Wade, working hard to keep it the law of the land, lobbying multiple justices to keep Roe v Wade as legal precedent. His concurrence merely held the Mississippi law legal, and nothing more. In short, if Roberts had had his way, the evil precedent of Roe v Wade would still be good law and states would have very limited ability to restrict abortion.

He's been a huge disappointment and one of the biggest mistakes of the Bush years (which is saying something).

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2022/07/26/politics/supreme-court-john-roberts-abortion-dobbs/index.html

Did that answer your question?
Osodecentx
Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Johnny Bear said:

Voted against overturning arrow v Wade, working hard to keep it the law of the land, lobbying multiple justices to keep Roe v Wade as legal precedent. His concurrence merely held the Mississippi law legal, and nothing more. In short, if Roberts had had his way, the evil precedent of Roe v Wade would still be good law and states would have very limited ability to restrict abortion.

He's been a huge disappointment and one of the biggest mistakes of the Bush years (which is saying something).

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2022/07/26/politics/supreme-court-john-roberts-abortion-dobbs/index.html

Did that answer your question?

Roberts concurred in upholding Mississippi law. Opposed overruling R v W

Disappointment

Yes you answered question
J.R.
Johnny Bear said:

Mothra said:

Johnny Bear said:

Golem said:

Mothra said:

Johnny Bear said:

God Calls Cyrus

I agree.

I would understand this concern a lot more if Trump had been treated even remotely fairly by the MSM and the left in general, but that obviously wasn't and isn't the case. Trump undoubtedly is the most scrutinized, needlessly investigated, unconstitutionally persecuted, harassed, and lied about POTUS we've ever had. As just one of many examples, consider the whole "Russia, Russia, Russia!" hoax/lie that was perpetuated for years that none of the perps have ever been held accountable for. Trump isn't a lay down, smile and take it type guy like George W. Bush, so push back, often strong, shouldn't have been surprising or unexpected. Sure, in the process he sometimes didn't exactly handle it well and could've done some things differently in his response, but I totally get the justified outrage the man felt and still feels under the circumstances.

And furthermore that isn't why he's no longer POTUS as there are roughly an equal number of people that by and large respect and even admire the way Trump refused to be the typical milquetoast establishment Republican that allows the left and the MSM to run over them without a forceful response as there are people that are strongly put off by it. He's no longer POTUS mainly because of a ruthless, unscrupulous political party that dominates the MSM, social media, Hollywood, and academia that thanks to successfully manipulating Covid hysteria to invent creative new ways to cheat through things like unsecured mail in ballots and ballot harvesting, along with successfully weaponizing the Justice Department, etc. I know it's another whole discussion, but the 2020 election was diabolically fixed and that's the main reason Trump isn't still POTUS.
now, little Johnny, I have told you to put that damn bong down, son! It makes you revel in crazy talk. Do you not understand that Trump brought all that scrutiny on himself by being a class a narcissist and a nasty human? He is nothing more than a Bronx con man who is a pathological liar and just and effing grifter. For a turd who inherited $440 M, from daddy, he has managed to piss a lot of it away, cuz he ain't that smart. He isn't a billionaire , btw. If I inherited $440m 30 yrs ago, it wouldn't be hard to turn that into $5B in short order. He is a POS. I just marvel how you "evangelical"types think he represents you as a "Christian". Talk about hypocrisy at the highest order!
Golem
J.R. said:

Johnny Bear said:

Mothra said:

Johnny Bear said:

Golem said:

Mothra said:

Johnny Bear said:

God Calls Cyrus

I agree.

now, little Johnny, I have told you to put that damn bong down, son! It makes you revel in crazy talk. Do you not understand that Trump brought all that scrutiny on himself by being a class a narcissist and a nasty human? He is nothing more than a Bronx con man who is a pathological liar and just and effing grifter. For a turd who inherited $440 M, from daddy, he has managed to piss a lot of it away, cuz he ain't that smart. He isn't a billionaire , btw. If I inherited $440m 30 yrs ago, it wouldn't be hard to turn that into $5B in short order. He is a POS. I just marvel how you "evangelical"types think he represents you as a "Christian". Talk about hypocrisy at the highest order!

You have to be the dumbest, slowest, and least eloquent SOB this site has ever seen post. Your nonsensical word salads read like a third grader picked random short words out of a dictionary (filled with crayon scribbles) and then tried to construct a cogent sentence from all of them. At this point I sincerely hope you can explain away your low double digit IQ with a severe stroke or having been hit in the head by a snow globe thrown at you by your wife's boyfriend when you interrupted them without permission.
Mothra
Johnny Bear said:

Mothra said:

Johnny Bear said:

Golem said:

Mothra said:

Johnny Bear said:

God Calls Cyrus

I agree.

Trump was getting himself in trouble with his mouth long before the MSM turned on him. Do you not remember the primaries, where he resorted to denigrating the looks of his opponents' spouses, and bragged about grabbing women by the *****? Do you remember him calling Rosie O'Donnell a pig? The dude's inability to control his mouth and act with self control was an issue long before he ever ran for president. One can defend themselves from unfair critique while still behaving like an adult. See DeSantis. You don't have to result to schoolyard insults to defend yourself.

As for the election, he lost for lots of reasons, but one of them was an inability to control himself. Sure he has lots of sycophants and bumpkins who would support him if he killed someone. But those yahoos don't compromise the majority of the electorate.

We agree that Trump was treated unfairly and the MSM was completely in the tank for Biden. But we shouldn't pretend he wasn't his own worst enemy at numerous times the last few years.
J.R.
Golem said:

J.R. said:

Johnny Bear said:

Mothra said:

Johnny Bear said:

Golem said:

Mothra said:

Johnny Bear said:

God Calls Cyrus

I agree.

You have to be the dumbest, slowest, and least eloquent SOB this site has ever seen post. Your nonsensical word salads read like a third grader picked random short words out of a dictionary (filled with crayon scribbles) and then tried to construct a cogent sentence from all of them. At this point I sincerely hope you can explain away your low double digit IQ with a severe stroke or having been hit in the head by a snow globe thrown at you by your wife's boyfriend when you interrupted them without permission.
you a funny little fella! Be nice or u will be kicked off the sight again.
4th and Inches
J.R. said:

Golem said:

J.R. said:

Johnny Bear said:

Mothra said:

Johnny Bear said:

Golem said:

Mothra said:

Johnny Bear said:

God Calls Cyrus

I agree.

dang, i hope you dont lose your vision!
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Osodecentx
4th and Inches said:

J.R. said:

Golem said:

J.R. said:

Johnny Bear said:

Mothra said:

Johnny Bear said:

Golem said:

Mothra said:

Johnny Bear said:

God Calls Cyrus

I agree.

JR, Beware, the head grammar Nazi is on the move
4th and Inches
Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

J.R. said:

Golem said:

J.R. said:

Johnny Bear said:

Mothra said:

Johnny Bear said:

Golem said:

Mothra said:

Johnny Bear said:

God Calls Cyrus

I agree.

It was a smart remark meant to be funny, I understand that you didnt get it..
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Osodecentx
4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

J.R. said:

Golem said:

J.R. said:

Johnny Bear said:

Mothra said:

Johnny Bear said:

Golem said:

Mothra said:

Johnny Bear said:

God Calls Cyrus

I agree.

You do that **** when your argument is a losing one. You are one of the few who feels correcting typos is funny.
4th and Inches
Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

J.R. said:

Golem said:

J.R. said:

Johnny Bear said:

Mothra said:

Johnny Bear said:

Golem said:

Mothra said:

Johnny Bear said:

God Calls Cyrus

I agree.

You do that **** when your argument is a losing one. You are one of the few who feels correcting typos is funny.
I did not correct this typo. I was not in the conversation. Seems like you may need to put me on ignore. Better yet, i am out..

Life is too short to deal with angry people

–Horace

Osodecentx
4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

J.R. said:

Golem said:

J.R. said:

Johnny Bear said:

Mothra said:

Johnny Bear said:

Golem said:

Mothra said:

Johnny Bear said:

God Calls Cyrus

I agree.

I did not correct this typo. I was not in the conversation. Seems like you may need to put me on ignore. Better yet, i am out..

Life is too short to deal with angry people

We'll do our best to carry on without you
Johnny Bear
Johnny Bear
J.R. said:

Johnny Bear said:

Mothra said:

Johnny Bear said:

Golem said:

Mothra said:

Johnny Bear said:

God Calls Cyrus

I agree.

(1). More emotional childish name calling which I suppose is understandable when you literally have nothing else to offer.

(2). I'm not surprised.

(3). Just out of curiosity, has Trump ever sent you a thank you note for allowing him to live rent free in your head all this time?

(4). Speaking of free rent, are your parents still allowing you to live with them?
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.