Who Would You Rather Take A Beating From?

5,030 Views | 101 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by BusyTarpDuster2017
Thee University
How long do you want to ignore this user?
White police officers or black police officers?
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
SIC EM 94
Thee University said:

Or San Jose State?
LIB,MR BEARS
Thee University said:

Young man, what do you have against the Indian, the cowboy, the construction worker, the sailor, the biker or the soldier?

whitetrash
LIB,MR BEARS said:

Thee University said:

Young man, what do you have against the Indian, the cowboy, the construction worker, the sailor, the biker or the soldier?

He said "beating", not "pounding"
LIB,MR BEARS
whitetrash said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Thee University said:

He said "beating", not "pounding"

ba dum tsssss
Thee University
SIC EM 94 said:

Thee University said:

Or San Jose State?
Alabama.

Twice.
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
4th and Inches
C- dont break the law and comply with officers requests. Works most of the time and no beatings are the results in 99% of officer engagements.
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Thee University
Porteroso
4th and Inches said:

C- dont break the law and comply with officers requests. Works most of the time and no beatings are the results in 99% of officer engagements.

So quick to downplay police abuse. I don't think it matters who beats who, it's ridiculous that anyone gets beat up by cops.
Fre3dombear
He got weed

He got weed
BUbearinARK
SIC EM 94 said:

Thee University said:

Or San Jose State?
I saw us beat them. But tired of getting the beat down by TcU
4th and Inches
Porteroso said:

4th and Inches said:

So quick to downplay police abuse. I don't think it matters who beats who, it's ridiculous that anyone gets beat up by cops.
it is ridiculus that police brutality happens.

Its also amplified that it happens as a common occurance, it does not. A few hundred times out of several hunderd milliom police engagements each year.
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Johnny Bear
Thee University said:

SIC EM 94 said:

Thee University said:

Or San Jose State?
Alabama.

Twice.

I can understand. Wasn't the combined score of the two games you're referring to something like 75-2?
Thee University
Johnny Bear said:

Thee University said:

SIC EM 94 said:

Thee University said:

Or San Jose State?
Alabama.

Twice.

I can understand. Wasn't the combined score of the two games you're referring to something like 75-2?
Yep. 0-17 going into the 4th Q in Birmingham in '79. 28 points on your 2nd team D in the 4th Q. 8 turnovers.

0-16 going into there 4th Q in the Cotton Bowl. 14 points in the 4th Q. 7 turnovers.

Total domination. We were averaging about 300 yards rushing in 1980 but were held to 54.
Thee University
4th and Inches said:

Its also amplified that it happens as a common occurance, it does not. A few hundred times out of several hunderd milliom police engagements each year.
When you run from the police, don't do what they ask/tell you to do and generally break the law, nothing good happens and brutality follows. Brutality, to some extent, is warranted.

Chris Rock understands.
Waco1947
Thee University said:

Blame the victim for his death?
Waco1947
4th and Inches said:

Porteroso said:

4th and Inches said:

Why not amplify it? It is tragic and the police were responsible.
4th and Inches
Waco1947 said:

4th and Inches said:

Porteroso said:

4th and Inches said:

Why not amplify it? It is tragic and the police were responsible.
return no person evil for evil..

Aplify the change, not the violence.

–Horace

Waco1947
Tyree had no chance to comply with police orders.
"Investigation helps illuminate how that happened.
According to the Times, NYT several police officers gave Nichols 71 commands in 13 minutes many of which were "confusing, conflicting and sometimes even impossible to obey" because of how police were pinning him down.

If you watch the disturbing video of the exchange, you can see how the instructions weren't meant to help Nichols cooperate with the police. Instead, they provided the police with a pretext to further escalate violence.
Video footage shows how the police's behavior was about bullying and striking fear in Nichols more than it was about upholding the law.
The deployment of often-nonsensical instructions underscores a key aspect of how Nichols ended up dead after a traffic stop. According to former law enforcement officials and experts, the police were exhibiting a policing ideology in which cops view dominating suspects as essential to their self-preservation and identity.
An examination of the video footage shows how the police's behavior was about bullying and striking fear in Nichols more than it was about upholding the law. Police swiftly dragged Nichols out of his car during the traffic stop. At one point, while one officer pinned his wrist down, another one told him to place his hands behind his back. Around the same time, he was told to lie down even though he was already on the ground. Moments later, the cops agreed that he should be pepper-sprayed, and he was immediately sprayed in the eyes." MSNBC
4th and Inches
Waco1947 said:

According to the Times, NYT several police officers gave Nichols 71 commands in 13 minutes many of which were "confusing, conflicting and sometimes even impossible to obey" because of how police were pinning him down.

If you watch the disturbing video of the exchange, you can see how the instructions weren't meant to help Nichols cooperate with the police. Instead, they provided the police with a pretext to further escalate violence.
Video footage shows how the police's behavior was about bullying and striking fear in Nichols more than it was about upholding the law.
The deployment of often-nonsensical instructions underscores a key aspect of how Nichols ended up dead after a traffic stop. According to former law enforcement officials and experts, the police were exhibiting a policing ideology in which cops view dominating suspects as essential to their self-preservation and identity.
An examination of the video footage shows how the police's behavior was about bullying and striking fear in Nichols more than it was about upholding the law. Police swiftly dragged Nichols out of his car during the traffic stop. At one point, while one officer pinned his wrist down, another one told him to place his hands behind his back. Around the same time, he was told to lie down even though he was already on the ground. Moments later, the cops agreed that he should be pepper-sprayed, and he was immediately sprayed in the eyes." MSNBC
he struggled/ he resisted. He ran.

I do not agree with the force used, the police officers should be punished and I agree change is needed in how this engagement played out. The law officers need a chain of command on scene with one person communicating with civilian.

Dont you agree that The amplification has made people fearful of the police which leads to more violence?

Making people fear the police is not helpful.

–Horace

Thee University
I've always feared the police. I've always respected the police too.

Maybe I was raised differently but I respected my elders, the law and those that enforce it.

I've been stopped/interacted with the police only a few times in my life (speeding, accident) and when they told me to do something I did it immediately just as they asked. I did not have an attitude, feel disrespected or talk back.

Why does it seem that black cops are so much more violent than white cops?
LIB,MR BEARS
Thee University said:

Maybe I was raised differently but I respected my elders, the law and those that enforce it.

I've been stopped/interacted with the police only a few times in my life (speeding, accident) and when they told me to do something I did it immediately just as they asked. I did not have an attitude, feel disrespected or talk back.

"seem" would be on you unless there is some data to back that up.

I used to work with a retired cop who took a part time job with us to keep him busy. He told me being a cop was to be a member of the largest, best armed street gang in the world. They look out for each other.

Do you care to guess his ethnicity?
Thee University
LIB,MR BEARS said:

Thee University said:

I used to work with a retired cop who took a part time job with us to keep him busy. He told me being a cop was to be a member of the largest, best armed street gang in the world. They look out for each other.

Lithuanian midget?
Waco1947
4th and Inches said:

Waco1947 said:

he struggled/ he resisted. He ran.

I do not agree with the force used, the police officers should be punished and I agree change is needed in how this engagement played out. The law officers need a chain of command on scene with one person communicating with civilian.

Dont you agree that The amplification has made people fearful of the police which leads to more violence?

Making people fear the police is not helpful.

Review the tape again. He complied, and they immediately started beating him.
LIB,MR BEARS
Thee University said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Thee University said:

Lithuanian midget?
Afghani. But good call on the midget.
Thee University
Waco1947 said:

That depends on your understanding of what complied means.

If I'm told to get down on the ground I'm going to bust my kneecaps doing it.

Hands behind my back? Yes sir!

Hands over my head & palms flat on the ground? Yes sir!

Face down? Yes sir!

The video clearly shows him rolling back up and talking back to the officers. He was NOT following orders.

The inability to understand common English in our country amazes me. The disrespect for law & order amazes me.

This would never have happened had this kid watched and followed Chris Rock's video.
Waco1947
Thee University said:

Waco1947 said:

Face down? Yes sir!

The video clearly shows him rolling back up and talking back to the officers. He was NOT following orders.

The inability to understand common English in our country amazes me. The disrespect for law & order amazes me.

This would never have happened had this kid watched and followed Chris Rock's video.
Apprently you have not watched the tape
Wangchung
Waco1947 said:

Thee University said:

Waco1947 said:

Face down? Yes sir!

So he accurately described the tape through telepathy?
Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
Thee University
Waco1947 said:

Thee University said:

One more time.

90sBear
Thee University said:

Waco1947 said:

Thee University said:

One more time.

No, this never would have happened if they had never killed him for absolutely no ****ing good reason.

It has still never been confirmed why he was pulled over in the first place. To date there is no video evidence supporting any accusation of "reckless driving". Not a police car camera, body camera, street camera, anything. Several officers who were first on the scene had their cameras turned off. Others removed theirs during the incident. The chief of police has stated that they have been through all of the video available and there is no evidence of any reckless driving or anything at all that showed he needed to be pulled over.

He was never told why he was being pulled over or dragged from his car or why he was being arrested. He was told that he was going to "get his ass blown the **** off" with guns drawn pointing at him.

He was pulled from his car and shoved to the ground, all the while saying "alright, alright, alright." He went down to his knees willingly. They yelled at him to get down on the ground which he did. All while speaking in a calm voice.

One police officer lied about a partner yelling for him to "Let my gun go".

He was laying on the ground they jammed his arm behind his back and put a tazer on his leg. He had never cursed or threatened them nor did he at any point in the entire interaction. He was lying on the ground with several officers yelling at him and shoving his arm behind and while he continued to speak in a calm voice when one said "on your stomach". At what point does a reasonable person begin to fear for their personal safety?

Once done literally beating him to death, one officer texted pictures of his body to various people.

I like the Chris Rock video. 99% of the time it is accurate. The difference between me and some posters on this board is that I believe the 1% exists and until I see video of him actually reckless driving and about to kill someone, I say this is part of the 1%.
Thee University
90sBear said:

I like the Chris Rock video. 99% of the time it is accurate. The difference between me and some posters on this board is that I believe the 1% exists and until I see video of him actually reckless driving and about to kill someone, I say this is part of the 1%.
I'll take 99% accuracy all day long when it is nighttime, you don't know who or what is waiting for you to walk up to the driver's side window and nationwide you've seen drivers either speed off, fight you or run off at an alarming increase.

I can't remember a single time where 5 brothers wearing the blue have ganged up on another brother and beat/killed him for no perceived reason. If anything they go extra easy on him and let him go. Something set these officers off. I've NEVER seen a beating like this. White, black, yellow, brown or red.

Follow the Chris Rock instructional video (created for black folks) and you will be just fine no matter what your skin color. 99% !

I still contend that this kid was not doing what the officers told him to do and it quickly escalated to an out of control situation where he eventually took off running (you never outrun the long arm of the law) down the street.
90sBear
Thee University said:

90sBear said:

I'll take 99% accuracy all day long when it is nighttime, you don't know who or what is waiting for you to walk up to the driver's side window and nationwide you've seen drivers either speed off, fight you or run off at an alarming increase.

I can't remember a single time where 5 brothers wearing the blue have ganged up on another brother and beat/killed him for no perceived reason. If anything they go extra easy on him and let him go. Something set these officers off. I've NEVER seen a beating like this. White, black, yellow, brown or red.

Follow the Chris Rock instructional video (created for black folks) and you will be just fine no matter what your skin color. 99% !

I still contend that this kid was not doing what the officers told him to do and it quickly escalated to an out of control situation where he eventually took off running (you never outrun the long arm of the law) down the street.
Guns were drawn and pointed at him and yelling that he was going to "get your ass blown the **** off" before he ever got out of the car. Why? Show me where that happens in the Chris Rock video.

You just watched a video where 5 cops killed someone for no perceived reason. Was he armed with a weapon or even something that looked like a weapon? Had he threatened one of them verbally or physically? Had he even yelled or uttered a curse word? So far video evidence says no to all of the above.

Show me video of him recklessly driving and about to kill someone and I will agree with you. Until then - 1%.
DancinBear09
Black officer now.…..or 1974?
Thee University
90sBear said:

Guns were drawn and pointed at him and yelling that he was going to "get your ass blown the **** off" before he ever got out of the car. Why? Show me where that happens in the Chris Rock video.

You just watched a video where 5 cops killed someone for no perceived reason. Was he armed with a weapon or even something that looked like a weapon? Had he threatened one of them verbally or physically? Had he even yelled or uttered a curse word? So far video evidence says no to all of the above.

Show me video of him recklessly driving and about to kill someone and I will agree with you. Until then - 1%.
I stand by my original comment - follow the Chris Rock instructional video!

Had he rolled out of the car and kissed the ground immediately without saying a word he would likely be alive today. How smart was he? 5 officers who were ALL obviously upset with something he had done or did not do against 1 skinny kid? Lay down immediately and play dead.

I am constantly astounded that so many citizens feel like they got disrespected or that rules and laws do not pertain to them and they "challenge" authority and common sense.

Are people this stupid after all we've seen over the past several years?
90sBear
Thee University said:

90sBear said:

I stand by my original comment - follow the Chris Rock instructional video!

Had he rolled out of the car and kissed the ground immediately without saying a word he would likely be alive today. How smart was he? 5 officers who were ALL obviously upset with something he had done or did not do against 1 skinny kid? Lay down immediately and play dead.

I am constantly astounded that so many citizens feel like they got disrespected or that rules and laws do not pertain to them and they "challenge" authority and common sense.

Are people this stupid after all we've seen over the past several years?
And I stand by mine.

At what point in any of the video examples did the cops approach the car with guns drawn aiming at the driver yelling "Mother****er you're gonna get your ass blown the **** off!"? - None

Did the driver obey the law? No video as of yet shows him breaking any law including reckless driving or evading the police. Check.

Did he use common sense? He followed directions as he was shoved onto his knees and then again onto the ground calmly saying "alright, alright, alright" the whole time before getting his arm bent back and a taser shoved into his leg.

Again, at what point should a regular person begin to fear for their personal safety? No one has answered this question yet.

What did he do to get pulled over and why were they immediately so violent with him? No one has answered this question yet.

Was the driver polite? Spoke in a calm voice. Never cursed or threatened anyone. Check

All I see you do is avoid answering any questions about what the police may have done wrong and repeatedly say watch the Chris Rock video. Until you show me where he broke the law and was a threat to anyone, Chris Rock doesn't apply.

But hey, go ahead and keep calling the unarmed man who never threatened anyone and was physically beaten to death by 5 police officers who then gloated and took pictures of their handiwork "stupid" for being concerned about his personal safety with these fine officers. Yeah, I'm sure it's his fault…somehow.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.