Free Dilbert!

3,640 Views | 59 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Jack Bauer
BellCountyBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Even the venerable Temple Daily Telegram has gone woke and removed the Dilbert comic strip over Scott Adam's remarks. Frank Mayborn is spinning in his grave!
bularry
is that really going "woke"?
Bestweekeverr
Is there a defense for his comments? Was it just taken out of context?
Wangchung
From what I've seen taken out of context and non-woke. Ordered one of his books from Amazon yesterday after reading about the virtue signaling backlash.
Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
whitetrash
National distributor canceled it, not TDT. WTH dropped it last fall in a "cost cutting" move.

Of course they have no problem whatsoever pushing the unfunny hard left dreck that Doonesbury spews forth every day.

BTW: dilbert.com is still publishing the daily strip.

https://dilbert.com/strip/2023-02-28
4th and Inches
whitetrash said:

National distributor canceled it, not TDT. WTH dropped it last fall in a "cost cutting" move.

Of course they have no problem whatsoever pushing the unfunny hard left dreck that Doonesbury spews forth every day.

BTW: dilbert.com is still publishing the daily strip.

https://dilbert.com/strip/2023-02-28
as a cost cutting move, i stopped buying news papers.
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Porteroso
Not sure it's such a big deal. Cancel culture has reached its peak, but maybe the comic just wasn't polling well. They are always looking for things to cut out of the paper these days. Not so profitable anymore. Blaming wokeness is too easy.
quash
Porteroso said:

Not sure it's such a big deal. Cancel culture has reached its peak, but maybe the comic just wasn't polling well. They are always looking for things to cut out of the paper these days. Not so profitable anymore. Blaming wokeness is too easy.

Not as funny as it used to be. There are less funny strips still in the Trib but I don't get to decide.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Golem
Bestweekeverr said:

Is there a defense for his comments? Was it just taken out of context?

Yes. He referenced a poll that found 47% of blacks don't think it's even "ok to BE white". When nearly half a race implicitly wishes for a final solution for you, it may be in your best interests to avoid that group of people.

He's correct.
Wangchung
Nm
Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
BearN
Wangchung said:

Nm

https://fb.watch/i_okeVqdvq/?mibextid=v7YzmG

Wow. I'd seen a lot of coverage on the Scott Adams remarks and mobs of people calling for his head. The way the video of his remarks was edited, I never heard the question he was responding to. The video made it seem like his comments were coming from out of the blue. Never once did anyone have the intellect honesty to say that his remarks were in response to a question about a poll that found that 47% of blacks don't think it is okay to be white. Then that WaPo poll Matt Walsh referenced was truly chilling. Context matters. If nearly half of a group of people aren't sure it is okay for you to exist, how are you supposed to react?
Johnny Bear
BearN said:

Wangchung said:

Nm

Wow. I'd seen a lot of coverage on the Scott Adams remarks and mobs of people calling for his head. The way the video of his remarks was edited, I never heard the question he was responding to. The video made it seem like his comments were coming from out of the blue. Never once did anyone have the intellect honesty to say that his remarks were in response to a question about a poll that found that 47% of blacks don't think it is okay to be white. Then that WaPo poll Matt Walsh referenced was truly chilling. Context matters. If nearly half of a group of people aren't sure it is okay for you to exist, how are you supposed to react?

Imagine the reaction if there was a poll that found that 47% of white people don't think it's okay to be black.
Wangchung
Thanks, the link I posted was acting up on me so I deleted it but I'm glad it worked for you.
It's simply a disingenuous outrage mob flexing their social muscle and destroying a white person because the wyte person dared to speak factually.

muddybrazos
We whitte folks need our own Defense League that threatens to shut down or cancel anyone who says we have some sort of pirvilege.
Porteroso
Johnny Bear said:

BearN said:

Wangchung said:

Nm

Imagine the reaction if there was a poll that found that 47% of white people don't think it's okay to be black.

It used to be way higher, and guess what happened?
4th and Inches
Porteroso said:

Johnny Bear said:

BearN said:

Wangchung said:

Nm

smart people figured things out and then stupid people have started ruining it again
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Porteroso
4th and Inches said:

Porteroso said:

Johnny Bear said:

BearN said:

Wangchung said:

Nm

smart people figured things out and then stupid people have started ruining it again

The Civil War was "smart people figured it out?"
4th and Inches
Porteroso said:

4th and Inches said:

Porteroso said:

Johnny Bear said:

BearN said:

Wangchung said:

Nm

The Civil War was "smart people figured it out?"
who said anything about the civil war?

–Horace

Fre3dombear
BearN said:

Wangchung said:

Nm

Especially when those people Outnumbered 7 to 1

It's amazing how much brain space such a small and getting smaller group of people we represent.

And with the Dems southern border importing half of latam and abortion we are only growing smaller and smaller by the day
quash
Johnny Bear said:

BearN said:

Wangchung said:

Nm

Higher than 47% on this board
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
D. C. Bear
quash said:

Johnny Bear said:

BearN said:

Wangchung said:

Nm

Speak for yourself.
BearN
quash said:

Johnny Bear said:

BearN said:

Wangchung said:

Nm

What a despicable thing to say and not an ounce of truth to it.
4th and Inches
quash said:

Johnny Bear said:

BearN said:

Wangchung said:

Nm

objection!

Many times you provide an interesting opinion. This post is not interesting or helpful to a discussion. I dont know of a SINGLE person on this board who thinks it is not OK to be a certain skin color..

Even those that lean into identity politics dont express this..

Please refeain from making statements like this if you want to be taken seriously in future discussions.

–Horace

Mothra
quash said:

Johnny Bear said:

BearN said:

Wangchung said:

Nm

Further proof that lefty wingnuts always overstate the problem of racism in this country. You guys just can't help yourselves. Everything is racist.
cowboycwr
Porteroso said:

Johnny Bear said:

BearN said:

Wangchung said:

Nm

Did it thought? I mean do you have proof it was way higher or is that just a talking point from the party that originally supported slavery, Jim Crow, etc?
cowboycwr
quash said:

Johnny Bear said:

BearN said:

Wangchung said:

Nm

Proof?
Jack Bauer
Im not saying Dilbert is right but...

Redbrickbear
Jack Bauer said:

Amazing that middle and lower class Americans ever wanted segregated public schools...

It's almost like they did not want their children exposed to random and systemic racial violence perpetrated by an aggrieved population.
cowboycwr
Jack Bauer said:

Every adult that was supposed to be monitoring those students should be fired and charged as accessories. No way that should have gone on for 2 1/2 minutes (or longer that is just the length of that clip).
Jack Bauer
cowboycwr said:

Jack Bauer said:

Every adult that was supposed to be monitoring those students should be fired and charged as accessories. No way that should have gone on for 2 1/2 minutes (or longer that is just the length of that clip).

This looks like a hostage video...
Wangchung
Jack Bauer said:

cowboycwr said:

Jack Bauer said:

This looks like a hostage video...
Because it is.
Jack Bauer
Bat**** crazy...

quash
cowboycwr said:

quash said:

Johnny Bear said:

BearN said:

Wangchung said:

Nm

Proof?

In the statements from rightwing numbnuts who understate the existence of racism in this country.
Golem
quash said:

cowboycwr said:

quash said:

Johnny Bear said:

BearN said:

Wangchung said:

Nm

Proof?

In the statements from rightwing numbnuts who understate the existence of racism in this country.

He didn't mean for you to provide proof that you are a leftist moron, but bravo for proving that so succinctly.
Redbrickbear
Jack Bauer said:

Bat**** crazy...

She would learn far more by moving into Jackson Mississippi, Baltimore, or Detroit for at least a decade.

Or attending a public school system that is at least 40% ADOS populated.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.