another unqualified diversity hire

2,008 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by 4th and Inches
ShooterTX
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yes, I know that she was elected and not hired... but clearly she wouldn't be in this position of power if not for her "diversity".

Obviously she is completely unqualified for this position. She doesn't have the intelligence for the job, and clearly doesn't have the maturity or self control necessary.

So sad that dems never seem to care about finding the best people for the job.

Limited IQ Redneck in PU
If you dont like democracy what system would you embrace?
Redbrickbear
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

Our founding fathers hated democracy…almost as much as they hated tyranny.
4th and Inches

a constitutional republic..
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
fubar
How many of the committee members were elected because they're white?
4th and Inches
fubar said:

one would hope the answer is zero, or we still have work to do.. skin color is the worst qualification for electing any govt official. Gender is a close second worst.
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
ron.reagan
Real liberty is not found in the extremes of democracy, but in moderate governments.
JXL
fubar said:

Elected because they are white? My guess would be "none."
fubar
4th and Inches said:

fubar said:

one would hope the answer is zero, or we still have work to do.. skin color is the worst qualification for electing any govt official. Gender is a close second worst.
I agree. I suspect we also agree that the answer to the question is, in fact, zero, and we wonder why anybody would assume differently.

Do we also agree that assuming that a person of a different skin color was elected solely because of her skin color is pretty ****ing arrogant, if not downright stupid?
ABC BEAR
fubar said:

How many committee members were elected because they are competent?
LIB,MR BEARS
ABC BEAR said:

fubar said:

Mothra
fubar said:

4th and Inches said:

fubar said:

I agree. I suspect we also agree that the answer to the question is, in fact, zero, and we wonder why anybody would assume differently.

Do we also agree that assuming that a person of a different skin color was elected solely because of her skin color is pretty ****ing arrogant, if not downright stupid?
Solely? Maybe not solely, but there are a whole host of corrupt and incompetent politicians that are undoubtedly elected in part because of their skin color. Have a really good lawyer friend who was considering running for district court judge in Dallas as a Democrat, and he was told by the powers that be inside the local Democrat Party that the fact he was half-Hispanic half-white instead of black would be a real problem. He was told anything other than black was pretty much unelectable today. Anyone who lives in Dallas and is at all familiar with Dallas politics would know the somewhat infamous Dallas politician who told him that.

So, unfortunately it still happens, especially on the left side of the aisle. How else could one explain how incompetent politicians like Sheila Jackson Lee continue to get elected? She is a certain color, and a race baiter, who continues to keep racial issues at the forefront of voters' minds, despite her incompetence.

The pendulum has swung the other direction.
Porteroso
You guys are joking yourselves. Look at Republicans in Congress and I wonder what % are white males. Being a white male is still big in politics, at least for Repubs.
Mothra
Porteroso said:

You guys are joking yourselves. Look at Republicans in Congress and I wonder what % are white males. Being a white male is still big in politics, at least for Repubs.
What a simplistic analysis. The vast majority of Repubs are white. That might explain the color of Republican politicians as opposed to racism.
Sam Lowry
Mothra said:

fubar said:

4th and Inches said:

fubar said:

How else could one explain how incompetent politicians like Sheila Jackson Lee continue to get elected?
"Pragmatism."
Mothra
Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

fubar said:

4th and Inches said:

fubar said:

How else could one explain how incompetent politicians like Sheila Jackson Lee continue to get elected?
"Pragmatism."
You never were a fan of context. Mischaracterization, on the other hand, you love that.
Porteroso
Mothra said:

Porteroso said:

What a simplistic analysis. The vast majority of Repubs are white. That might explain the color of Republican politicians as opposed to racism.

First, 81% of Repubs in 2019 were white (though now that number is lower), as opposed to 59% of Dems are white. In the House, Repubs elected 91% whites. Dems 56%.

Second, I did not say this is racism. I am saying being white is big in politics, at least for Repubs. Not every time race is considered, is there racism. The discussion is whether being white factors into being elected, and obviously the simple answer is yes.
Mothra
Porteroso said:

Mothra said:

Porteroso said:

First, 81% of Repubs in 2019 were white (though now that number is lower), as opposed to 59% of Dems are white. In the House, Repubs elected 91% whites. Dems 56%.

Second, I did not say this is racism. I am saying being white is big in politics, at least for Repubs. Not every time race is considered, is there racism. The discussion is whether being white factors into being elected, and obviously the simple answer is yes.
If your point is Republicans are mostly white, that is an obvious and indisputable fact. But the subject discussed on this thread is whether race is a factor voters consider in the candidates they support. Are you saying Republicans consider the race of the Republican candidate in deciding who to vote for or not? And if so, is that not racism?
Porteroso
Mothra said:

Porteroso said:

Mothra said:

Porteroso said:

If your point is Republicans are mostly white, that is an obvious and indisputable fact. But the subject discussed on this thread is whether race is a factor voters consider in the candidates they support. Are you saying Republicans consider the race of the Republican candidate in deciding who to vote for or not? And if so, is that not racism?

It is exceedingly obvious that Republicans consider race when voting. Generally speaking. I'm hesitant to label that racist, but the fact is, as white as Republicans are, they vote even whiter. I'm sure this is due to many factors but if even just 10% of Republicans were racist, it would result in skewed demographics of representatives.
Mothra
Porteroso said:

Mothra said:

Porteroso said:

Mothra said:

Porteroso said:

It is exceedingly obvious that Republicans consider race when voting. Generally speaking. I'm hesitant to label that racist, but the fact is, as white as Republicans are, they vote even whiter. I'm sure this is due to many factors but if even just 10% of Republicans were racist, it would result in skewed demographics of representatives.
Doubling down on a ridiculous and specious argument. There's nothing exceedingly obvious about it.
4th and Inches
Porteroso said:

reality: more women than ever in congress, more minorities than ever in congress..

You: Look at all the white guys!! Why cant change that?!

–Horace

TWD 1974
ABC BEAR said:

fubar said:

You are talking about the Judicial Committee, where the current Chairman of the committee never passed the bar exam.
JXL
Porteroso said:

Mothra said:

Porteroso said:

Mothra said:

Porteroso said:

Would Barack Obama have been elected President if he had been white?
fubar
Whatever her skin color, the Congresswoman seems to have a thin skin, and her actions were childish.

Now if those things render her "completely unqualified," as the original poster claimed, some of you are going to have to rethink your vote for Donald Trump next year.
whitetrash
JXL said:

Porteroso said:

Mothra said:

Porteroso said:

Mothra said:

Porteroso said:

A "yes" answer would be half correct.
KaiBear

Victor Franco's ?
Mitch Blood Green
JXL said:

Porteroso said:

Mothra said:

Porteroso said:

Mothra said:

Porteroso said:

Would Trump who cheats on his wife, has 3 baby mommas, attacks judges, lies, grabs women by the *****, doesn't attend church, never held office, not releases his taxes and talks about how ****ty America is have been elected if he were black?
JXL
Mitch Blood Green said:

JXL said:

Porteroso said:

Mothra said:

Porteroso said:

Mothra said:

Porteroso said:

Would Trump who cheats on his wife, has 3 baby mommas, attacks judges, lies, grabs women by the *****, doesn't attend church, never held office, not releases his taxes and talks about how ****ty America is have been elected if he were black?

If he had been a black Democrat (or a white one,) none of that would have mattered, now would it?
Porteroso
JXL said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

JXL said:

Porteroso said:

Mothra said:

Porteroso said:

Mothra said:

Porteroso said:

If he had been a black Democrat (or a white one,) none of that would have mattered, now would it?

Who knows. But in reality he is a Republican and it doesn't matter to the Repubs. Beating the libs is all that matters. Theorycrafting is useless.
Porteroso
4th and Inches said:

Porteroso said:

reality: more women than ever in congress, more minorities than ever in congress..

Read again dweeb, I'm simply stating the obvious, that being white is beneficial in Republican politics. Not telling anyone to change. Just can't stand this absolute garbage posters are throwing out, as if only Democrats care about skin color lmao...
KaiBear
Porteroso said:

Mothra said:

Porteroso said:

Mothra said:

Porteroso said:

If and when you eventually emerge from your parents protective bubble …….the reality that white people are the least racist group in today's America will finally absorb into your consciousness.

Such an awakening would be accelerated with a 4-6 week sojourn into Philadelphia, East Saint Louis , Oakland , Memphis , New Orleans and/or Gary Indiana.
4th and Inches
KaiBear said:

Porteroso said:

Mothra said:

Porteroso said:

Mothra said:

Porteroso said:

If and when you eventually emerge from your parents protective bubble …….the reality that white people are the least racist group in today's America will finally absorb into your consciousness.

Such an awakening would be accelerated with a 4-6 week sojourn into Philadelphia, East Saint Louis , Oakland , Memphis , New Orleans and/or Gary Indiana.
even faster with trips to:

India
Lebanon
Bahrain
Libya
Egypt
Philippines
Kuwait
Palestine
South Africa
South Korea
(Based on Washington Post (2013) and Business Tech (2016) studies)

America isnt even in the top 10 of most racist countries.

America also was pretty low on the list for racial inequality and gender inequality scores in surveys.

–Horace

Mothra
Mitch Blood Green said:

JXL said:

Porteroso said:

Mothra said:

Porteroso said:

Mothra said:

Porteroso said:

Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson have had multiple affairs and baby mommas. Hasn't seemed to hurt them.

Hell even MLK was a serial adulterer.
Mothra
Porteroso said:

4th and Inches said:

Porteroso said:

Read again dweeb, I'm simply stating the obvious, that being white is beneficial in Republican politics. Not telling anyone to change. Just can't stand this absolute garbage posters are throwing out, as if only Democrats care about skin color lmao...

More unproven and unsubstantiated garbage.
KaiBear
Mothra said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

JXL said:

Porteroso said:

Mothra said:

Porteroso said:

Mothra said:

Porteroso said:

Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson have had multiple affairs and baby mommas. Hasn't seemed to hurt them.

Hell even MLK was a serial adulterer.

MLK was a serial adulterer equal to that of John Kennedy and Bill Clinton .

But unlike Kennedy and Clinton ….MLK's numerous affairs have generally remain undiscussed and under publicized by biographers.

Fear of retribution obviously remains a powerful motivator in suppressing such historical unpleasantness.

Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.