The 20 promises of the Trump/GOP platform

4,356 Views | 114 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by Aliceinbubbleland
boognish_bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Surprised nothing about abortion was mentioned...

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/concise-trump-approved-gop-platform-not-crafted-biden-dem-disarray-mind

J.R.
boognish_bear said:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/concise-trump-approved-gop-platform-not-crafted-biden-dem-disarray-mind

anyone believe this total bull*****

1) Most everyone thinks this is rational. We need immigration, but not illegal immigration. Follow the rules. 2 of Trumpy's wife's are immigrants

2) Ok with that if it is just. Need a better plan. The folks that have been here for years, working their ass off , providing service for us fortunate need some discompensation.

3) End Inflation . How's he going to do that? Now, this is where is BS starts. He is not a smart man. Just how is he going to do that? He ran up more deficits that Biden. He want to tariff everything. Tarriffs are nothing more than a tax on the middle class yall like to clamor about. He had a hand in the inflation also.

4) Again, he has no idea what is talking about as he continually pulls stuff out his ass. We are currently the #1 producer. *** is he talking about?

5) Again , just ill informed and not smart. Stopping outsourcing ain't happening because it is not financially viable. We gonna do textiles here, sneakers? Ironically what Maga doesn't get is that they buy that bull**** , but they want to go to Wally World and get the cheapest prices... Guess what? That crap isn't made here. Is mr and mrs Maga gonna pay 50% more to have there ****e made in the good ole Usa? no. Yall want to pay double for an iPhone? Very incongruent .

6) screw that. They should pay the same as everyone else. that is nothing more than pandering for votes

7) No that is just laughable. Spoken like a true Autocrat

8)and just how will he do that? What the hell does made in Merca mean?

9) King fat boy is the queen of weaponization

10) just how is gonna do that? Just hyperbole

11) how he gonna do that?

12) Armed

13) Agreed, but how

14) Agreed

15) Agreed

16) sounds great, but how

17) agree, but a waste of time. Bigger fish to fry

18) how do you determine that? you can't . not. possible

19) what freaking joke

20) yeah, he's a real uniter.

What ****ing POS and a fraud. If any of you are buying this crap..I'm sorry.

I have to give a POS credit that is a convicted felon, twice impeached, lost the presidency and both house and senate and some of you think this is ok, irrelative to his contender. If Biden stays is, Trump runs away. If the dems can get Biden out, and replaced with some remotely qualified, Trump is done. I don't think the Dems have the balls. They will lose in a big way, down ballot also.
Harrison Bergeron
The race between a Clintonian Democrat and a radical extremist.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Old Bill was a pretty good president

Still waiting on Trump's first campaign promises.

Make Mexico pay for his wall.
Balance budget
Start paying down national debt
Etc.

Dies anyone really believe what he says?
I have found theres only two ways to go:
Living fast or dying slow.
I dont want to live forever.
But I will live while I'm here.
ATL Bear
Incredibly, Barack Obama holds the record for most deportations during a 4 year term and in a single year.
Wangchung
ATL Bear said:

Incredibly, Barack Obama holds the record for most deportations during a 4 year term and in a single year.
He also invented separation of kids from the adults they showed up at the border with (KiDs iN CAGES!!!!) when they discovered they had been holding kids with and releasing kids to their traffickers. More illegals being invited by promises of amnesty and asylum status means more people crossing and that equals more deportations.
Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
J.R. said:

boognish_bear said:

3) End Inflation . How's he going to do that? Now, this is where is BS starts. He is not a smart man. Just how is he going to do that? He ran up more deficits that Biden. He want to tariff everything. Tarriffs are nothing more than a tax on the middle class yall like to clamor about. He had a hand in the inflation also.

This is my single biggest fear of the proposed Trump economy. I still don't think Trump understands who pays the tariffs. Have heard it mentioned on more than one occasion that he wants to tariff ALL imported goods by ten percent. Hope someone in his cabinet talks him out of this. Inflation will jump 10 percent overnight. This will allow domestic producers to raise prices. Trump should target products that are being dumped into the U.S. , not all products!!
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
KaiBear
J.R. said:

boognish_bear said:

1) Most everyone thinks this is rational. We need immigration, but not illegal immigration. Follow the rules. 2 of Trumpy's wife's are immigrants

2) Ok with that if it is just. Need a better plan. The folks that have been here for years, working their ass off , providing service for us fortunate need some discompensation.

4) Again, he has no idea what is talking about as he continually pulls stuff out his ass. We are currently the #1 producer. *** is he talking about?

5) Again , just ill informed and not smart. Stopping outsourcing ain't happening because it is not financially viable. We gonna do textiles here, sneakers? Ironically what Maga doesn't get is that they buy that bull**** , but they want to go to Wally World and get the cheapest prices... Guess what? That crap isn't made here. Is mr and mrs Maga gonna pay 50% more to have there ****e made in the good ole Usa? no. Yall want to pay double for an iPhone? Very incongruent .

6) screw that. They should pay the same as everyone else. that is nothing more than pandering for votes

12) Armed

13) Agreed, but how

14) Agreed

15) Agreed

19) what freaking joke

I have to give a POS credit that is a convicted felon, twice impeached, lost the presidency and both house and senate and some of you think this is ok, irrelative to his contender. If Biden stays is, Trump runs away. If the dems can get Biden out, and replaced with some remotely qualified, Trump is done. I don't think the Dems have the balls. They will lose in a big way, down ballot also.
Fear not .

Dems are definitely going to get rid of Biden. The bailout price simply hasn't been negotiated as of yet. Guessing the price tag will be at least 15 million and a guaranteed pardon for Hunter. The real issue is how to dump Harris without pissing off their black constituents. Another 15 million to Harris and a token 30 days as president should do the trick.
ATL Bear
Wangchung said:

ATL Bear said:

He also invented separation of kids from the adults they showed up at the border with (KiDs iN CAGES!!!!) when they discovered they had been holding kids with and releasing kids to their traffickers. More illegals being invited by promises of amnesty and asylum status means more people crossing and that equals more deportations.
Border encounter numbers are very similar for the Trump and Obama years, so that doesn't make sense. That isn't the case with Biden, which it has blown up these last few years.

Obama had many misguided liberal policies he promoted, but the border was not one of them. Biden has been an absolute disaster on that front.
KaiBear
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

Balance budget
Etc.

Oh yeah Clinton was a pretty good president . All he did was repeatedly tag an INTERN then lie about it.

Tell me Cuba Dave, which Fortune 500 Company wouldn't immediately fire their CEO for pulling a such stunt ?

Fre3dombear
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

J.R. said:

boognish_bear said:

This is my single biggest fear of the proposed Trump economy. I still don't think Trump understands who pays the tariffs. Have heard it mentioned on more than one occasion that he wants to tariff ALL imported goods by ten percent. Hope someone in his cabinet talks him out of this. Inflation will jump 10 percent overnight. This will allow domestic producers to raise prices. Trump should target products that are being dumped into the U.S. , not all products!!

Yet biden Obama have rolled back none of those stupid tariffs they hated
Redbrickbear
boognish_bear said:

Getting anything about Number 9 done will be a problem because GOP Senators don't care about it…

TinFoilHatPreacherBear
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

J.R. said:

boognish_bear said:

Of course he understands who pays the tariffs. And it's not a 100% consumer equation. Additionally, tariffs on the right products can help maintain industry or develop industry domestically. Absolutely no reason American workers should have to compete against slave labor in other countries. Not arguing for massive tariffs across the board of course. Just that there is a cost to communities when all our "industry" dollars go up to globalist corporation execs and other slave labor countries. Trumps economy was booming, he certainly deserves credit because every liberal globalist economist predicted doom and gloom. They were wrong, and it took exploiting a pandemic to stop him.
4th and Inches
If JR hates, let the Trump train roll!
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
J.R.
TinFoilHatPreacherBear said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

J.R. said:

boognish_bear said:

Of course he understands who pays the tariffs. And it's not a 100% consumer equation. Additionally, tariffs on the right products can help maintain industry or develop industry domestically. Absolutely no reason American workers should have to compete against slave labor in other countries. Not arguing for massive tariffs across the board of course. Just that there is a cost to communities when all our "industry" dollars go up to globalist corporation execs and other slave labor countries. Trumps economy was booming, he certainly deserves credit because every liberal globalist economist predicted doom and gloom. They were wrong, and it took exploiting a pandemic to stop him.
so, you good with paying triple for your phone? Seriously, man. You willing to pay double for your jeans? You good with paying double from what you buy from Wally World? Them the facts. I ran many a factories in Asia and Mexico back in the day. Sound great from you people who have no clue what they are talking about. Now, there are many products we could on shore , but they are very high technology and niche. Most all Semis are fabed in Taiwan (particularly AI), which is risky. It is just not that simple, my man. Merca damnit. You guys sound like a bunch of Democrats which is very ironic.
J.R.
4th and Inches said:

JR's ONE thing about fat boy is I know he is not good for us and you people buy his lies hook line and sinker. Did I mention he is a convicted fellon, twice impeached, lost the Presidency, House and Senate, Narcist, ***** chaser, lier, cheat and stealer. Biden is terrible and not qualified. Trump is not qualified either. Any you boys want more of that? Just unbelievable . Enjoy.
Wangchung
J.R. said:

4th and Inches said:

JR's ONE thing about fat boy is I know he is not good for us and you people buy his lies hook line and sinker. Did I mention he is a convicted fellon, twice impeached, lost the Presidency, House and Senate, Narcist, ***** chaser, lier, cheat and stealer. Any you boys want more of that? Just unbelievable . Enjoy.
Twice acquitted, so those impeachments mean nothing. Just ask Bill Clinton. Has not been convicted of any felonies, yet. Lost less of the house and senate than Obama did. Definitely a narcissist and ***** chaser. Far less a liar than an exaggerator. Hasn't cheated or stolen anything but your election result denial makes you an insurrectionist, and hoisted by your own party's petard.
Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
Wangchung
ATL Bear said:

Wangchung said:

ATL Bear said:

Border encounter numbers are very similar for the Trump and Obama years, so that doesn't make sense. That isn't the case with Biden, which it has blown up these last few years.

Obama had many misguided liberal policies he promoted, but the border was not one of them. Biden has been an absolute disaster on that front.
His numbers went up from W. Trump experienced community organized caravans and had democrats thwarting his every attempt to stop border crossings. Democrat voters even firebombed ICE facilities during Trump. Nancy Pelosi stated unequivocally that she would not negotiate with Trump. Let's not pretend it was Trump who failed to secure the border.
TinFoilHatPreacherBear
J.R. said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

J.R. said:

boognish_bear said:

so, you good with paying triple for your phone? Seriously, man. You willing to pay double for your jeans? You good with paying double from what you buy from Wally World? Them the facts. I ran many a factories in Asia and Mexico back in the day. Sound great from you people who have no clue what they are talking about. Now, there are many products we could on shore , but they are very high technology and niche. Most all Semis are fabed in Taiwan (particularly AI), which is risky. It is just not that simple, my man. Merca damnit. You guys sound like a bunch of Democrats which is very ironic.

JR, you prove to be an idiot nearly every other post. Sending 75% of manufacturing or whatever industry you want out our country in the name of globalism impacts communities and standard of living. Americans aren't necessarily living better because we've turned over our communities to globalist corporations. Nobody is saying tariffs have to be across the board or all at once. Again, if corporations are allowed to buy from slave labor countries, why do we not allow it here? Rhetorical of course, we know why we don't allow it, so why should American workers compete with those that do.
Tariffs aren't necessarily bad when used to protect from predators, and many of these countries effectively are. Keeping the money local and domestic can actually reduce prices over time and increase the standard of living in communities. It's a long term perspective.
KaiBear
J.R. said:

4th and Inches said:

JR's ONE thing about fat boy is I know he is not good for us and you people buy his lies hook line and sinker. Did I mention he is a convicted fellon, twice impeached, lost the Presidency, House and Senate, Narcist, ***** chaser, lier, cheat and stealer. Biden is terrible and not qualified. Trump is not qualified either. Any you boys want more of that? Just unbelievable . Enjoy.
Trump is too old to be president.

But in reality the choice is open borders with all the hell that comes with it.

Or border control.

In reality the choice is getting involved in still another war ..........or stay the hell out of one.

So how many more times are you and I going to post the exact same things between now and Election Day ?

Taking the under at 32.
ATL Bear
Wangchung said:

ATL Bear said:

Wangchung said:

ATL Bear said:

His numbers went up from W. Trump experienced community organized caravans and had democrats thwarting his every attempt to stop border crossings. Democrat voters even firebombed ICE facilities during Trump. Nancy Pelosi stated unequivocally that she would not negotiate with Trump. Let's not pretend it was Trump who failed to secure the border.
Relax. Not everything is a swipe against Trump and in need of some defense. It's a data point.
Wangchung
ATL Bear said:

Wangchung said:

ATL Bear said:

Wangchung said:

ATL Bear said:

Relax. Not everything is a swipe against Trump and in need of some defense. It's a data point.
Not uptight, just adding context, because raw numbers by themselves do not tell the tale.
ATL Bear

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

J.R. said:

boognish_bear said:

We can't do here what is done in manufacturing in many places around the world, and it has nothing to do with wages. Until we shore up our skills and education gap, work approach and regulatory requirements , we'll remain uncompetitive. A better objective would be to improve and expand trade agreements that open markets further for American products. Besides, tech, robotics, and AI are the real wage and job killers, even felt across China and other global output markets.

But I am fascinated by this "eat the rich" tenor that's become a cornerstone of some of the Trump populism. Used to be the hallowed ground of leftists.
TinFoilHatPreacherBear
ATL Bear said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

J.R. said:

boognish_bear said:

We can't do here what is done in manufacturing in many places around the world, and it has nothing to do with wages. Until we shore up our skills and education gap, work approach and regulatory requirements , we'll remain uncompetitive. A better objective would be to improve and expand trade agreements that open markets further for American products. Besides, tech, robotics, and AI are the real wage and job killers, even felt across China and other global output markets.

But I am fascinated by this "eat the rich" tenor that's become a cornerstone of some of the Trump populism. Used to be the hallowed ground of leftists.

It's not eat the rich. It's eat the globalists. Not the same thing.
TinFoilHatPreacherBear
J.R. said:

boognish_bear said:

12) Armed

13) Agreed, but how

14) Agreed

15) Agreed

19) what freaking joke

Your point number 1 just proves further that your brain is like mashed potatoes. I'd say stop posting but honestly your posts are a great reminder of the type of nonsense that Dems will say to misrepresent a political point.
william
#AttaBoySweetDonny

- KKM

{ sipping coffee }

{ eating donut }

pro ecclesia, pro javelina
Johnny Bear
KaiBear said:

J.R. said:

4th and Inches said:

Or border control.

In reality the choice is getting involved in still another war ..........or stay the hell out of one.

Age in and of itself is just a number - that of course ultimately impacts everyone blessed to live a long life - but the question is when the impact is great enough to prohibit the ability to do certain tough and challenging jobs with POTUS obviously being among the toughest and most challenging. It's beyond obvious that the ravages of age have greatly impacted Biden, who wasn't fit to be POTUS in 2020 and it's only gotten progressively worse since. On the other hand, you can hate on Trump all you want but the guy is still clearly sharp, energetic, articulate, and still tough enough to effectively deal with the tremendous problems we face (mostly caused by the Biden Administration) - despite not being that much younger than Biden.

And the rest of your post is spot on. Our only hope and our only choice is Trump.
KaiBear
Johnny Bear said:

KaiBear said:

J.R. said:

4th and Inches said:

Or border control.

Age in and of itself is just a number - that of course ultimately impacts everyone blessed to live a long life - but the question is when the impact is great enough to prohibit the ability to do certain tough and challenging jobs with POTUS obviously being among the toughest and most challenging. It's beyond obvious that the ravages of age have greatly impacted Biden, who wasn't fit to be POTUS in 2020 and it's only gotten progressively worse since. On the other hand, you can hate on Trump all you want but the guy is still clearly sharp, energetic, articulate, and still tough enough to effectively deal with the tremendous problems we face (mostly caused by the Biden Administration) - despite not being that much younger than Biden.

And the rest of your post is spot on. Our only hoping and our only choice is Trump.

Trump is the only choice until the Dems dump Biden and replace him with a much younger, articulate, and aggressive candidate.

Most likely either the governor of Michigan, Pennsylvania or California.

Then In comparison Trump will look like an aged, overweight
Uncle Buck and the Dems will win.

Republicans can not, will not face the reality that although Trump has good policies, he is hated by at least 35% of the electorate. And most independents are looking for any excuse to avoid another 4 years of listening to him.
Mothra
J.R. said:

boognish_bear said:

12) Armed

13) Agreed, but how

14) Agreed

15) Agreed

19) what freaking joke

This is one of the most moderate platforms in the history of the GOP, and I would say most Americans support each of these positions. Yet you are in hysterics about it.

As a self-professed moderate, let go of the the Trump hatred for a moment and try to appreciate that. And then remember what your alternative is.
Mothra
KaiBear said:

Johnny Bear said:

KaiBear said:

J.R. said:

4th and Inches said:

Or border control.

And the rest of your post is spot on. Our only hoping and our only choice is Trump.

Trump is the only choice until the Dems dump Biden and replace him with a much younger, articulate, and aggressive candidate.

Most likely either the governor of Michigan, Pennsylvania or California.

Then In comparison Trump will look like an aged, overweigh
Uncle Buck and the Dems will win.

Republicans can not, will not face the reality that although Trump has good policies, he is hated by at least 35% of the electorate. And most independents are looking for any excuse to avoid another 4 years of listening to him.
Agreed, with the exception of Harris. I don't believe she can win against Trump.
Harrison Bergeron
ATL Bear said:

That's because when you deploy "remain in Mexico" you do not have to deport. them.
Harrison Bergeron
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

Balance budget
Etc.

With which policies of Trump did you disagree?
Harrison Bergeron
Mothra said:

J.R. said:

boognish_bear said:

12) Armed

13) Agreed, but how

14) Agreed

15) Agreed

19) what freaking joke

This is one of the most moderate platforms in the history of the GOP, and I would say most Americans support each of these positions. Yet you are in hysterics about it.

As a self-professed moderate, let go of the the Trump hatred for a moment and try to appreciate that. And then remember what your alternative is.
Impossible. TDS is a relgion.
Malbec
We've now elevated party platforms from goals to "promises?" Good to know; we're gonna get some great "promises" from the Ds I'm sure.
Bestweekeverr
How is Number 3 going to happen when he does Number 2 and Number 5?

Let's deport the lowest wage workers in the country, and stop outsourcing to even lower wage workers around the world and inflation will magically go down because I say so.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.