Michelle and Black Panther

3,306 Views | 69 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Bona Fide Bear
Osodecentx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
fadskier said:

That's a very good point. But why did Hollywood make these guys white? Spider man and Iron man could have been any color...so could Hulk for that matter.
Because only squirrely little white boys would buy the comics.

Two NY Jews introduced Black Panther decades ago and it didn't catch on because little Black boys had too much dignity and self respect
cBUrurenthusism
Rotten Tomatoes says 'best movie of all time' - (you DID NOT want to be the white critic that didn't give this movie the highest rating)

It's science

#WakandaIsn'tReal

Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Nothing wrong with the tweet.
I have found theres only two ways to go:
Living fast or dying slow.
I dont want to live forever.
But I will live while I'm here.
fadskier
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

Except that she always involves race...she continues to be divisive even after she leaves the white house...
Bona Fide Bear
fadskier said:

Except that she always involves race...she continues to be divisive even after she leaves the white house...
I don't think that's the case here. I agree race is used to divide us quite a bit, but I just don't think that's the case with this tweet. She just said little black boys/kids have a super hero they can look up to.
J.R.
cBUrurenthusism said:

J.R. said:

Jack and DP said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

What's your issue with the tweet?

I've never really thought of super hero's in terms of race or color. Should we celebrate that martians have Hulk?
And I'm sure you have a lot of "black friends" too!
What does that have to do with anything?
Its call veiled racism.
fadskier
Bona Fide Bear said:

fadskier said:

I don't think that's the case here. I agree race is used to divide us quite a bit, but I just don't think that's the case with this tweet. She just said little black boys/kids have a super hero they can look up to.
You're probably right. If she wasn't so divisive for the past 8 years then I would be more apt to believe you.
cowboycwr
Bona Fide Bear said:

cowboycwr said:

Superman may be white but remember he isn't even human.

Same for Thor.

But they are depicted as white guys. Stop trying to complicate it. If you are a white kid, you have a lot of Super Heroes to look up to that look like you, look like your dad or look like other men in your life. If you are a black kid, you have less. That's all Michelle was saying.
Providing facts is complicating it?

Sorry I didn't realize facts was to much for you to handle.

So I guess mentioning that a spider bite will not give you extraordinary powers would be way to complicated.

That is not all Michelle was saying. She was spreading division. Because constantly trying to have a black this and black that or complaining that there aren't enough POC or women in a historical movie like Dunkirk is nothing more than dividing.

Forest Bueller
cBUrurenthusism said:

Rotten Tomatoes says 'best movie of all time' - (you DID NOT want to be the white critic that didn't give this movie the highest rating)

It's science

#WakandaIsn'tReal

Nothing wrong with the tweet at all. That this list has two 2018 films in the top ten on the other hand, is silly.

I don't see To kill a Mockingbird anywhere
cinque
Bona Fide Bear said:

fadskier said:

Some people think she shouldn't do that because...well, because.
Make Racism Wrong Again
Jack and DP
Bona Fide Bear said:

fadskier said:

I would think children of all colors can look up to superhero's of all colors, including the green hulk. We have President Obama, LeBron James, Drake, Denzel Washington, and on and on. There are black hero's at every turn. It seems a bit patronizing that one has to be created to make the world fair.
Now, if Michelle and others enjoy the movie and the hero that's portrayed, I think that's great. Nothing wrong with positive role models, real life or fiction.
cinque
fadskier said:

cinque said:

cBUrurenthusism said:

J.R. said:

Jack and DP said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

I've never really thought of super hero's in terms of race or color. Should we celebrate that martians have Hulk?
Well, if you make real friends outside of your racially esoteric social circle, you're less likely to be comfortably racist.
I have true friends that are black and Hispanic. They are ashamed of your non-stop race-baiting and making everything about race.
Chuckle, really?
Make Racism Wrong Again
fadskier
cinque said:

fadskier said:

cinque said:

cBUrurenthusism said:

J.R. said:

Jack and DP said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

Well, if you make real friends outside of your racially esoteric social circle, you're less likely to be comfortably racist.
I have true friends that are black and Hispanic. They are ashamed of your non-stop race-baiting and making everything about race.
Chuckle, really?
Yes, chuckle, really?

Are you tired of being wrong?
Bona Fide Bear
cowboycwr said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

cowboycwr said:

Same for Thor.

But they are depicted as white guys. Stop trying to complicate it. If you are a white kid, you have a lot of Super Heroes to look up to that look like you, look like your dad or look like other men in your life. If you are a black kid, you have less. That's all Michelle was saying.

So I guess mentioning that a spider bite will not give you extraordinary powers would be way to complicated.

That is not all Michelle was saying. She was spreading division. Because constantly trying to have a black this and black that or complaining that there aren't enough POC or women in a historical movie like Dunkirk is nothing more than dividing.

lol man, you're too much. Sometimes I think the democrats are the only miserable mother f'ers out there and then a republican finds an innocent tweet like this and says hold my beer. Like I've said multiple times, there are times that race is brought up to divide. That's not the case here. She just said the people involved in the making of this film did a good job and brought a positive super hero film that is centered around a black super hero. Nothing more than that.
cowboycwr
Bona Fide Bear said:

cowboycwr said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

cowboycwr said:

Same for Thor.

lol man, you're too much. Sometimes I think the democrats are the only miserable mother f'ers out there and then a republican finds an innocent tweet like this and says hold my beer. Like I've said multiple times, there are times that race is brought up to divide. That's not the case here. She just said the people involved in the making of this film did a good job and brought a positive super hero film that is centered around a black super hero. Nothing more than that.
I have never said I am a Republican so you failed there.

Again how is providing facts complicating things?

Is it because it destroys the narrative the media, obama, and you are trying to spin?

Was Blade not a black superhero?

What about hancock (Will Smith)

Why do those not count?

So now please answer the question. How does providing facts complicate things?

Bona Fide Bear
cowboycwr said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

cowboycwr said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

cowboycwr said:

Same for Thor.

Is it because it destroys the narrative the media, obama, and you are trying to spin?

Why do those not count?

I can explain it to you, but I can't underatand it for you.

Since no aliens are available to play Super Man or Thor, white people, that closely resemble the characters in the comics, have played them. Super Man, Bat Man, Spider Man, Iron Man (I could go on, but you get the point) are all recent blockbuster movies that featured white people playing super heroes. This is fact 1.

For background, i am a white male. As an opinion, when I was growing up, I was able to easily relate to Super Man, Batman, Spider-Man, etc. because they all reminded me of my father, or at least what I thought my father could be. And I could easily see myself as one of them when I was playing. If there would have been a black super hero when I was a kid, I probably wouldn't have gotten into that character. Not because I was racist as a kid, but just because it wouldn't have been familiar to me, and to be frank, there just weren't/aren't that many black super heroes in comics. That doesn't mean I didn't find black role models in other forms of entertainment, but in the super hero realm, there just weren't many black super hero options and and I probably wouldn't have imagined myself as one of them if there were when there are so many "white" super hero options.

So now I imagine if i was a young black boy trying to find a "hero" in the comic book world. What if I wasn't into sports and music and I'm too young to understand politics, and I wanted to find a black hero, that resembled me and my dad, there aren't very many options. Michelle was simply saying here is an option for those young boys.

And yes Blade and Hancock are other black super hero movies, but it is telling that you had to go back 20 years to find a 2nd black super hero movie. Meanwhile, in the past 5 years alone there have probably been 10-15 super hero movies that feature a super hero that is white (or at least played by a white actor).

None of this is to say we "must make more black super hero movies", this is simply to say, "congrats on making a good movie that features a black super hero and gives young black boys a super hero they can enjoy and possibly relate to."

I'm not sure why anyone feels the need to make it more than that. Actually, I do know why they feel the need to make more of it, but logically i don't understand why.

And for the 3rd time in this thread, I'm going to repeat that I agree there are times race is brought up to divide, but i just don't think that's the case here.

Now I've taken the time to respond to your question. I'm sure you'll respond with some more anger, but I've tried to be as descriptive of my opinion as I could. If you can't try to understand where I'm coming from, we are just going to have to agree to disagree.
cowboycwr
Bona Fide Bear said:

cowboycwr said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

cowboycwr said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

cowboycwr said:

Same for Thor.

Why do those not count?

Since no aliens are available to play Super Man or Thor, white people, that closely resemble the characters in the comics, have played them. Super Man, Bat Man, Spider Man, Iron Man (I could go on, but you get the point) are all recent blockbuster movies that featured white people playing super heroes. This is fact 1.

For background, i am a white male. As an opinion, when I was growing up, I was able to easily relate to Super Man, Batman, Spider-Man, etc. because they all reminded me of my father, or at least what I thought my father could be. And I could easily see myself as one of them when I was playing. If there would have been a black super hero when I was a kid, I probably wouldn't have gotten into that character. Not because I was racist as a kid, but just because it wouldn't have been familiar to me, and to be frank, there just weren't/aren't that many black super heroes in comics. That doesn't mean I didn't find black role models in other forms of entertainment, but in the super hero realm, there just weren't many black super hero options and and I probably wouldn't have imagined myself as one of them if there were when there are so many "white" super hero options.

So now I imagine if i was a young black boy trying to find a "hero" in the comic book world. What if I wasn't into sports and music and I'm too young to understand politics, and I wanted to find a black hero, that resembled me and my dad, there aren't very many options. Michelle was simply saying here is an option for those young boys.

And yes Blade and Hancock are other black super hero movies, but it is telling that you had to go back 20 years to find a 2nd black super hero movie. Meanwhile, in the past 5 years alone there have probably been 10-15 super hero movies that feature a super hero that is white (or at least played by a white actor).

None of this is to say we "must make more black super hero movies", this is simply to say, "congrats on making a good movie that features a black super hero and gives young black boys a super hero they can enjoy and possibly relate to."

I'm not sure why anyone feels the need to make it more than that. Actually, I do know why they feel the need to make more of it, but logically i don't understand why.

And for the 3rd time in this thread, I'm going to repeat that I agree there are times race is brought up to divide, but i just don't think that's the case here.

Now I've taken the time to respond to your question. I'm sure you'll respond with some more anger, but I've tried to be as descriptive of my opinion as I could. If you can't try to understand where I'm coming from, we are just going to have to agree to disagree.

What a long post to not even get close to my question.

I provided facts. You said the facts complicated it.

Facts should simplify it.

Facts do not complicate anything. They provide clarification.

The fact that people want argue about fictional characters is dumb. Almost as dumb as complaining there aren't enough POC in a historical movie.
Bona Fide Bear
cowboycwr said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

cowboycwr said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

cowboycwr said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

cowboycwr said:

Same for Thor.

Why do those not count?

The fact that people want argue about fictional characters is dumb. Almost as dumb as complaining there aren't enough POC in a historical movie.
I knew I was wasting my time trying to explain my POV to you. You aren't really interested in hearing an explanation or defense of an opinion that is different from yours, you just want your opinion to be validated.
cowboycwr
Bona Fide Bear said:

cowboycwr said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

cowboycwr said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

cowboycwr said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

cowboycwr said:

Same for Thor.

Why do those not count?

I knew I was wasting my time trying to explain my POV to you. You aren't really interested in hearing an explanation or defense of an opinion that is different from yours, you just want your opinion to be validated.

I wasn't asking for your opinion. Or you to validate mine.

I was asking how facts complicated it as you claimed. You made the claim and can't back it up.
Bona Fide Bear
cowboycwr said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

cowboycwr said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

cowboycwr said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

cowboycwr said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

cowboycwr said:

Same for Thor.

Why do those not count?

I was asking how facts complicated it as you claimed. You made the claim and can't back it up.
I explained how the "facts" of fictional comic book characters complicated the underlying issue. You chose to not read what i said, or try to understand what I said.
cowboycwr
Bona Fide Bear said:

cowboycwr said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

cowboycwr said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

cowboycwr said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

cowboycwr said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

cowboycwr said:

Same for Thor.

Why do those not count?

I explained how the "facts" of fictional comic book characters complicated the underlying issue. You chose to not read what i said, or try to understand what I said.

NO you explained your OPINION on fictional comic book characters and ignored the FACTS. And then ignored the question and still have yet to explain how facts complicate a situation. If the FACT that they are not human is dismissed of color does that mean that when humans one day encounter aliens that if they are white or brown and not black that they are automatically racist because the black will not be able to "identify" with the non humans? That is essentially what you are arguing by arguing about the skin color of a fictional alien.

I guess it is because FACTS destroy the argument and show how stupid it is.

FACT- they are fictional characters

FACT- they are not human so color is irrelevant

FACT- You have not explained how facts complicate the matter
Bona Fide Bear
cowboycwr said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

cowboycwr said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

cowboycwr said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

cowboycwr said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

cowboycwr said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

cowboycwr said:

Same for Thor.

Why do those not count?

NO you explained your OPINION on fictional comic book characters and ignored the FACTS. And then ignored the question and still have yet to explain how facts complicate a situation. If the FACT that they are not human is dismissed of color does that mean that when humans one day encounter aliens that if they are white or brown and not black that they are automatically racist because the black will not be able to "identify" with the non humans? That is essentially what you are arguing by arguing about the skin color of a fictional alien.

wow...are you ok? No really, are you ok? Lol

If you were to hold up a picture of Clark Kent or Thor to someone that doesn't know anything about comic books, or maybe a young kid, do you thunk they would say "man that is a cool looking alien!" or would they say "man that is a cool looking guy!"? You are right, these are fictional characters. But even though they are fictional characters, they are depicted as really cool looking white dudes. Saying "well they are aliens, they don't count" is just an idiotic and sophomoric argument to make and it has nothing to do with the point I was making. And you know that. You are just trying to distract with nonsense like Cinque does.

And you are willfully ignoring all of the non-alien, white super heroes that still prove the point I was making. Stick to the point.

And if you forgot my point, my point was a little white boy can more easily relate to a hero, whether fictional or real, if they look similar to them or someone that is close to them. So it's easy for them to relate to Batman, Superman, Thor, Iron Man, Spider Man, Green Lantern, etc. because they are depicted as looking like white men, regardless of their origin story. And as a continuation of that point, a little black boy may have trouble relating to those characters, but may more easily relate to a black super hero. That is literally all I'm trying to say and you are distracting with nonsensical arguments.
Iron Claw
Bona Fide Bear said:

fadskier said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

Jack and DP said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

Jack and DP said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

It's easy to not see color when all the super heroes look like you. When you are white, all the super heroes are white, so it's easy to imagine yourself as that super hero. But if you are black, Hispanic, Asian, etc., it may be hard to relate to a white super hero. Especially when you are a kid and you know you live in a world surrounded by people that are a different color than you, but you still don't fully understand the concept of race. But regardless, you'd still like to see a super hero that looks more like you, or more like your dad or more like your uncle. I'm not really sure why this is a bad thing.

I think there are a lot of times race is misused and abused, but this is not one of those circumstances. And playing the "I don't see race" card in this instance means you are either ignorant to the issue or you are just making a statement to make a political point. Either one is unacceptable.

I'll give you Super Man and Wonder Woman. But do you really see race in most of these?

https://goo.gl/images/FHhFod
Super Man white, Batman rich white guy, Iron Man rich white guy, Thor white, with long flowing blonde hair, spider man white, captain America white, green lantern white, the flash white. And yes, there are some super heroes that you don't identify a race with, but think of the big super hero movies lately (since movies is what the topic of this thread really is, not comic books which are mainly read by white teenagers), pretty much all white. I don't think it's a bad thing to have a super hero that young black people can relate too. Just like a black president is a good thing because young black children can have someone that looks similar to them that they can look up to. I'm not talking about politics here, I'm talking about kids and kids trying to find role models as they find their place in the world.
That's a very good point. But why did Hollywood make these guys white? Spider man and Iron man could have been any color...so could Hulk for that matter.
You seen the Spider Man and Iron Man comic books, right? They are white guys in the comics....

And in the Jack Reacher movies Little Tom Cruise plays a guy that's 6'5"/250 in the books. Movie producers take liberties all the time in casting and interpretation.
FKA tri it
Bona Fide Bear
Iron Claw said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

fadskier said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

Jack and DP said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

Jack and DP said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

It's easy to not see color when all the super heroes look like you. When you are white, all the super heroes are white, so it's easy to imagine yourself as that super hero. But if you are black, Hispanic, Asian, etc., it may be hard to relate to a white super hero. Especially when you are a kid and you know you live in a world surrounded by people that are a different color than you, but you still don't fully understand the concept of race. But regardless, you'd still like to see a super hero that looks more like you, or more like your dad or more like your uncle. I'm not really sure why this is a bad thing.

I think there are a lot of times race is misused and abused, but this is not one of those circumstances. And playing the "I don't see race" card in this instance means you are either ignorant to the issue or you are just making a statement to make a political point. Either one is unacceptable.

I'll give you Super Man and Wonder Woman. But do you really see race in most of these?

Super Man white, Batman rich white guy, Iron Man rich white guy, Thor white, with long flowing blonde hair, spider man white, captain America white, green lantern white, the flash white. And yes, there are some super heroes that you don't identify a race with, but think of the big super hero movies lately (since movies is what the topic of this thread really is, not comic books which are mainly read by white teenagers), pretty much all white. I don't think it's a bad thing to have a super hero that young black people can relate too. Just like a black president is a good thing because young black children can have someone that looks similar to them that they can look up to. I'm not talking about politics here, I'm talking about kids and kids trying to find role models as they find their place in the world.
You seen the Spider Man and Iron Man comic books, right? They are white guys in the comics....

And in the Jack Reacher movies Little Tom Cruise plays a guy that's 6'5"/250 in the books. Movie producers take liberties all the time in casting and interpretation.
Ok? What does that have to do with this discussion? They may have taken a liberty on the character's height (for the record, even though we all know Tom Cruise the person is short, they don't go out of their way to point out his height in the movie), but last time i checked, Tom Cruis is still white, just like the character in the book. The more important thing from the movie and the comic book is that Jack Reacher is a badA and he happens to be portrayed as a white dude.
cowboycwr
Bona Fide Bear said:

cowboycwr said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

cowboycwr said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

cowboycwr said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

cowboycwr said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

cowboycwr said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

cowboycwr said:

Same for Thor.

Why do those not count?

If you were to hold up a picture of Clark Kent or Thor to someone that doesn't know anything about comic books, or maybe a young kid, do you thunk they would say "man that is a cool looking alien!" or would they say "man that is a cool looking guy!"? You are right, these are fictional characters. But even though they are fictional characters, they are depicted as really cool looking white dudes. Saying "well they are aliens, they don't count" is just an idiotic and sophomoric argument to make and it has nothing to do with the point I was making. And you know that. You are just trying to distract with nonsense like Cinque does.

And you are willfully ignoring all of the non-alien, white super heroes that still prove the point I was making. Stick to the point.

And if you forgot my point, my point was a little white boy can more easily relate to a hero, whether fictional or real, if they look similar to them or someone that is close to them. So it's easy for them to relate to Batman, Superman, Thor, Iron Man, Spider Man, Green Lantern, etc. because they are depicted as looking like white men, regardless of their origin story. And as a continuation of that point, a little black boy may have trouble relating to those characters, but may more easily relate to a black super hero. That is literally all I'm trying to say and you are distracting with nonsensical arguments.
Sorry I keep distracting you with FACTS.

but the FACT is they are aliens.

Case closed.

Everything else you say has no bearing on a human trying to relate to an alien because of skin color.....

ALIEN. As in not from this freaking planet.

As in not human.

Fictional as in not real.

THOSE ARE FACTS.

Please get that through your obtuse head. FACTS.

Try to spin it however you want but those are the facts.

and you HAVE STILL FAILED TO EXPLAIN HOW FACTS COMPLICATE THE SITUATION.

Bona Fide Bear
cowboycwr said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

cowboycwr said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

cowboycwr said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

cowboycwr said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

cowboycwr said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

cowboycwr said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

cowboycwr said:

Same for Thor.

Why do those not count?

Case closed.

Everything else you say has no bearing on a human trying to relate to an alien because of skin color.....

As in not human.

THOSE ARE FACTS.

Ok, let's start over. As a kid, did you relate to Super Man? Simple yes or no will do.
cowboycwr
Bona Fide Bear said:

cowboycwr said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

cowboycwr said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

cowboycwr said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

cowboycwr said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

cowboycwr said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

cowboycwr said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

cowboycwr said:

Same for Thor.

Why do those not count?

Case closed.

As in not human.

THOSE ARE FACTS.

Ok, let's start over. As a kid, did you relate to Super Man? Simple yes or no will do.
Sure right after you explain how facts complicate things.
merckywaters

Bona Fide Bear
cowboycwr said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

cowboycwr said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

cowboycwr said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

cowboycwr said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

cowboycwr said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

cowboycwr said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

cowboycwr said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

cowboycwr said:

Same for Thor.

Why do those not count?

Case closed.

As in not human.

THOSE ARE FACTS.

I will get there, but we have to go through this little exercise first. So, as a kid, did you relate to Super Man?
cowboycwr
Bona Fide Bear said:

cowboycwr said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

cowboycwr said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

cowboycwr said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

cowboycwr said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

cowboycwr said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

cowboycwr said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

cowboycwr said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

cowboycwr said:

Same for Thor.

Why do those not count?

Case closed.

As in not human.

THOSE ARE FACTS.

I will get there, but we have to go through this little exercise first. So, as a kid, did you relate to Super Man?
No we don't. You made a claim. Back it up.

How do facts complicate things?
Bona Fide Bear
cowboycwr said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

cowboycwr said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

cowboycwr said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

cowboycwr said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

cowboycwr said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

cowboycwr said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

cowboycwr said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

cowboycwr said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

cowboycwr said:

Same for Thor.

Why do those not count?

Case closed.

As in not human.

THOSE ARE FACTS.

You are over complicating the discussion to divert the discussion, and you know it. Even if I give in to your stupid diversion, you still have no answer to Batman, Spider-Man, Iron Man and the dozens of other super heroes that are not aliens and are white males. You don't want to discuss the real topic at hand, you want to derail it with this ridiculousness.
cowboycwr
Bona Fide Bear said:

cowboycwr said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

cowboycwr said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

cowboycwr said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

cowboycwr said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

cowboycwr said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

cowboycwr said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

cowboycwr said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

cowboycwr said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

cowboycwr said:

Same for Thor.

Why do those not count?

Case closed.

As in not human.

THOSE ARE FACTS.

You are over complicating the discussion to divert the discussion, and you know it. Even if I give in to your stupid diversion, you still have no answer to Batman, Spider-Man, Iron Man and the dozens of other super heroes that are not aliens and are white males. You don't want to discuss the real topic at hand, you want to derail it with this ridiculousness.

There you go with that claim again. That is twice you have done so. Now you also claim I have derailed it in addition to complicating it.

But that is now twice you have provided zero evidence or explanation of how I complicated it by providing facts.
quash
Iron Claw said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

fadskier said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

Jack and DP said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

Jack and DP said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

Ha! Didn't know that.

#We'reAllWakanda-Americans
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Iron Claw
Bona Fide Bear said:

Iron Claw said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

fadskier said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

Jack and DP said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

Jack and DP said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

Ok? What does that have to do with this discussion? They may have taken a liberty on the character's height (for the record, even though we all know Tom Cruise the person is short, they don't go out of their way to point out his height in the movie), but last time i checked, Tom Cruis is still white, just like the character in the book. The more important thing from the movie and the comic book is that Jack Reacher is a badA and he happens to be portrayed as a white dude.

The point is, white, black, short, tall, movie producers can cast who they want. Denzel Washington could just as easily been cast instead of Cruise.
FKA tri it
quash
Iron Claw said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

Iron Claw said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

fadskier said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

Jack and DP said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

Jack and DP said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

The point is, white, black, short, tall, movie producers can cast who they want. Denzel Washington could just as easily been cast instead of Cruise.

Jumping Jack Flash was written for Bruce Willis, Whoopi Goldberg did great.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.