Syria Heating Up

28,959 Views | 335 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by HuMcK
Jack and DP
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-meast-crisis-syria-airfield/missiles-attack-air-base-in-homs-province-syrian-state-tv-idUSKBN1HG04Q
Doc Holliday
Well someone's gotta keep exporting immigrants.

No better way than to cause chaos/war by attacking your own people. Then intervention and so on.

Someone is behind the massively huge spreading of Islam in Europe...I wonder who?
Pat Neff

Limited IQ Redneck in PU
My bet is on George Soros. He is everywhere.
Canada2017
We don't need to be the worlds policeman .

Don't see France, England or Germany getting involved .

Stay clear.
Guy Noir
Canada2017 said:

Stay clear.
I agree with staying clear, but the UN and other countries might get involved now that chemical weapons were used again by the Syrian government.

Hopefully there will be a single action that responds to the chemical weapon attack then we get out out. I would like to see us get out of Iraq and Afganistan too. Maybe if we reduced troops in Germany, S. Korea and Japan we might be able to take a run at balancing our budget.
Canada2017
Yes

Germany needs to defend themselves after all these years.

Billions spent protecting Europe in general.
Time they stood on their own two feet while freeing us to spend that money on our own people.
HuMcK
Canada2017 said:

Stay clear.
France and the UK have been flying strike missions in Syria with us since the beginning almost. France is also deeply involved in fighting militant Islam-ism in West Africa (a French flyover was what ended the attack on our soldiers in Niger). Germany has been involved in a con-combat role in Syria as well.
Quote:

Yes

Time they stood on their own two feet while freeing us to spend that money on our own people.
The whole point of NATO is to "keep the Soviet Union out, the Americans in, and the Germans down."
HuMcK
Guy Noir said:

Canada2017 said:

Stay clear.
I agree with staying clear, but the UN and other countries might get involved now that chemical weapons were used again by the Syrian government.

Hopefully there will be a single action that responds to the chemical weapon attack then we get out out. I would like to see us get out of Iraq and Afganistan too. Maybe if we reduced troops in Germany, S. Korea and Japan we might be able to take a run at balancing our budget.
This lofty dream of balancing the budget by scaling back military commitments is incongruous with the Trump admin's substantial increases in defense spending and deep tax cuts. Russia and China would absolutely be on board with removing US forces from those areas though.
cinque
HuMcK said:

Guy Noir said:

Canada2017 said:

Stay clear.

This lofty dream of balancing the budget by scaling back military commitments is incongruous with the Trump admin's substantial increases in defense spending and deep tax cuts.
When Bolton adds another unfunded war to the mix, we're back to the future again.
J.R.
Canada2017 said:

Stay clear.
oh really? France call the security council meeting. They are pissed... Britain and Germany will join in also.
bularry
Canada2017 said:

Yes

A genius post full of fresh insight
corncob pipe
cinque said:

HuMcK said:

Guy Noir said:

Canada2017 said:

Stay clear.

This lofty dream of balancing the budget by scaling back military commitments is incongruous with the Trump admin's substantial increases in defense spending and deep tax cuts.
When Bolton adds another unfunded war to the mix, we're back to the future again.
yup
corncob pipe
Trump says 'major decisions' on Syria coming in next 24 to 48 hours
Canada2017
Only when Germany and France directly confront Putin with military action should the United States expand its role in Syria.

Trump has already taken a far tougher stance against Putin than the leadership of these two.

Solitary ' police actions' are not an obligation of the United States.
LIB,MR BEARS
Guy Noir said:

Canada2017 said:

Stay clear.

Pipe dream!

Guy Noir
LIB,MR BEARS said:

Guy Noir said:

Canada2017 said:

Stay clear.

Pipe dream!

At least it is a proposed solution and not an empty complaint.
LIB,MR BEARS
Guy Noir said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Guy Noir said:

Canada2017 said:

Stay clear.

Pipe dream!

At least it is a proposed solution and not an empty complaint.
Well there is too much going on in the Korean Peninsula to reduce troop strength there at this time.

We want reduce troops in Europe because that would show weakness to Putin. Also, Europe is a jumping off point into the Middle East and there is too much going on with Syria and Iran to show weakness there.

The quickest thing we can do to reduce troop deployment is to stomp out ISIS. Afghanistan, I just don't see a way out that doesn't lead to them reverting back to what they were. Do we do that and live with it? I don't know.

Canada2017
If Europe isn't willing to pay their share for defense.......

and it's been 70 plus years of US paying the freight .

Long past time to GTHO
J.R.
Canada2017 said:

Long past time to GTHO
You are very, very uninformed . Way short sighted. It might do you some good to travel.
Jack and DP
Who really gassed these people?
HuMcK
Sounding like a broad coalition strike against Assad may be under way. Reports of takeoffs from Jordan and the space has been cleared of civilian aircraft.
Jack and DP
Yep. Birds in the air. Hope our men and women make it through safely.
Canada2017
J.R. said:

Canada2017 said:

Long past time to GTHO
You are very, very uninformed . Way short sighted. It might do you some good to travel.

Brash...but amusing....still waiting for your questions.

Am very lucky as I get to see much of the world....on my own terms .
In fact just arrived in Cortez , Colorado today.

Got some extensive hiking planned at Hovenweep National Monument and Mesa Verde National Park.

Maybe the clean air and clear skies will enable me to appreciate your 'big brain'.
HuMcK
Can't remember a time when a strike like this was so loudly telegraphed...
Jack and DP
Looks like we'll follow war on twitter now. Strange.
J.R.
Canada2017 said:

J.R. said:

Canada2017 said:

Long past time to GTHO

Got some extensive hiking planned at Hovenweep National Monument and Mesa Verde National Park.

Maybe the clean air and clear skies will enable me to appreciate your 'big brain'.
Obviously, #1) your are definitely on the younger side or don't get the joke of "Big Brain" International travel was lost on you. Give's your politics a different perspective.
HuMcK
Jack and DP said:

Looks like we'll follow war on twitter now. Strange.

Strange days indeed.
Canada2017
J.R. said:

Canada2017 said:

J.R. said:

Canada2017 said:

Long past time to GTHO

Obviously, #1) your are definitely on the younger side or don't get the joke of "Big Brain" International travel was lost on you. Give's your politics a different perspective.

LOL. Oh yes.....on the 'younger' side. ( I wish ).

After tomorrow 's hike ( first of the year ) my knees will no doubt re-establish my age.
Jack and DP
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6021889/syria-airspace-cleared-us-coalition-warplanes/

Looks like Russia is getting every chance to get their soldiers out of the way.
corncob pipe
why we are on the verge of unnecessarily diving into a quagmire that could escalate into war with Russia, effectively siding with ISIS in a struggle between two brands of evil?

Mitch Blood Green
Jack and DP said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6021889/syria-airspace-cleared-us-coalition-warplanes/

Looks like Russia is getting every chance to get their soldiers out of the way.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/apr/11/kremlin-us-strike-against-syria-heighten-instability
corncob pipe
we take the bait every single time... what foolishness

LIB,MR BEARS
Airspace cleared.
Birds in the air.
Tweets galore.
Press worldwide announces attack is coming

This was a big bluff used for intelligence gathering and intimidation.

I'm guessing we had all sorts of drones, satellites and listening devices glued to Syria when all these "indicators" pointed to an eminent attack. The coalition got to see where Russia moved assets, where they joined Syrians and where they separated from Syrians. They got to see what areas received beefed up protection, what communication was silenced and what was increased. I'm guessing all of that info is now being analyzed for a VERY precise attack. Who knows, maybe they even pinpointed Assad's location.

Mattis is no dummy. I'm sure he collected tons of info yesterday and pushed the Syrians and the Russians a little closer to where he wants them.
HuMcK
LIB,MR BEARS said:

Airspace cleared.
Birds in the air.
Tweets galore.
Press worldwide announces attack is coming

This was a big bluff used for intelligence gathering and intimidation.

I'm guessing we had all sorts of drones, satellites and listening devices glued to Syria when all these "indicators" pointed to an eminent attack. The coalition got to see where Russia moved assets, where they joined Syrians and where they separated from Syrians. They got to see what areas received beefed up protection, what communication was silenced and what was increased. I'm guessing all of that info is now being analyzed for a VERY precise attack. Who knows, maybe they even pinpointed Assad's location.

Mattis is no dummy. I'm sure he collected tons of info yesterday and pushed the Syrians and the Russians a little closer to where he wants them.

This is being very charitable. I dont understand the extremely loud and drawn out windup to this, it just seems so...staged.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.