Singapore Summit

8,969 Views | 124 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by PartyBear
RioRata
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jack and DP said:

Last time Trump made a deal with Kim a Black Woman got pardoned.

Can't have this can we cinque???
riflebear
Unbelievable. A lot of work still to be done but what a historic day.

Mitch Blood Green
trey3216 said:

Wow, this Rodman segment on CNN is pretty powerful. Raw and powerful

I didn't see it. Did he have on his weed shirt?
Mitch Blood Green
riflebear said:

Acosta & CNN. Unreal. He does realize Kim needs a translator, right?

Kim doesn't need a translator. He went to English languag school in the West.
riflebear
Great press conference so far Trump answering questions from everyone.

Will be great that our past soldiers will be brought home to their families from the past Wars. Could be up to 6000 remains
riflebear
trey3216
tommie said:

trey3216 said:

Damn straight!!
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
Mitch Blood Green
trey3216 said:

tommie said:

trey3216 said:

Damn straight!!

Good for him. Great sponsorship.
Jack and DP
Jack and DP
Jack and DP
quash
The signed document is a framework, the hard work of getting the devil out of the details begins today. The world is a little safer today says the liberal media I listen to.
Doc Holliday
COMPLETE DENUCLEARIZATION in document SIGNED by Kim.

Screw everyone who said Trump didn't know what he was doing. Seriously, screw you.
cBUrurenthusism
GoneGirl
Doc Holliday said:

Screw everyone who said Trump didn't know what he was doing. Seriously, screw you.
I saw this movie already. It's so old it was on Turner Classics. It was called the Joint Agreement on Denuclarization (etc.). Signed in 1992 by HWBush. That movie didn't have a happy ending. Well see about this one. Maybe Lucy won't pull away the football. But it's not this is the first time they committed to de-nuke.
Canada2017
Amazing first day.

Hope Kim and Trump will continue to accelerate negotiations across a wide range of concerns.

Will be amusing to see what negative spin leftists will put on these historic talks. No doubt their propaganda will be coordinated and sent out to their media/internet minions within 48 hours.
JXL
Canada2017 said:

Amazing first day.

Hope Kim and Trump will continue to accelerate negotiations across a wide range of concerns.

Will be amusing to see what negative spin leftists will put on these historic talks. No doubt their propaganda will be coordinated and sent out to their media/internet minions within 48 hours.

The meeting was a failure, Trump got played, the agreement is worthless, etc. nothing unexpected.

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5b1fb4cae4b09a09c004aecd

Malbec
T.M.Katz said:

Doc Holliday said:

I saw this movie already. It's so old it was on Turner Classics. It was called the Joint Agreement on Denuclarization (etc.). Signed in 1992 by HWBush. That movie didn't have a happy ending. Well see about this one. Maybe Lucy won't pull away the football. But it's not this is the first time they committed to de-nuke.
George Bush signed the agreement between the Republic of Korea and the Democratic People's Republic of Korea? He neither signed, nor was the United States party to either the Joint Declaration of the Denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula or the foundation document from the Conference on Disarmament. Care to retract?
J.R.
Doc Holliday said:

Hey dumbass, read what it says. They in no way agreed to Complete Denuc. That said
"they would work toward it" That is an entirely different thing. So don't be an ass.
Doc Holliday
J.R. said:

Doc Holliday said:

Hey dumbass, read what it says. They in no way agreed to Complete Denuc. That said
"they would work toward it" That is an entirely different thing. So don't be an ass.
Well shoot, I guess CNN is fake news . I Should have known.

Forest Bueller
JXL said:

Canada2017 said:

Amazing first day.

The meeting was a failure, Trump got played, the agreement is worthless, etc. nothing unexpected.

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5b1fb4cae4b09a09c004aecd

Huffpost=Cinque
Doc Holliday
Next headline: "25 Reasons Kim Jong Un Deserves Nuclear Weapons, but the 'Alt-Right' Says NO"
HuMcK
Doc Holliday
HuMcK said:

The same one they're already destroying?
ATL Bear
A serious step forward. That's a good thing by any measure. Honestly, like dealing with the Middle East, we'll have to turn a blind eye for some time regarding dictatorship tactics in exchange for denuclearization, getting NK into the world community, and a more peaceful Far East. Eventually we'll likely see the oppression relieved as their economic fortunes change. A junior type China is all we can realistically expect in the next couple of decades. Anything beyond that is gravy.
HuMcK
Doc Holliday said:

HuMcK said:

Sure would be nice to get some inspectors in there to verify that. I don't even trust NK to keep their word yet on signed treaties, much less promises that couldn't be included in the signed document because they "didn't have time." A lot of their missiles are fired from mobile launchers anyway, so all they need is a flat space big enough to park the launcher on, nothing to destroy there.

I'm not seeing a lot of discussion in this thread about how we gave up something (military excercises) without getting much if anything in return other than some vague promises that NK has made before. We aren't locked into a bad deal yet by any means because the exercises are a relatively small thing to give up (but calling them "provocative" and "inappropriate" is straight out of NK's propaganda...), and I support the quest for peace and security, but yesterday doesn't really strike me as the kind of unprecedented breakthrough Republicans are treating it as.

It also shouldn't pass without mention that Trump showed more respect and affection for Kim than he did the PM of Canada, and that leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
Doc Holliday
HuMcK said:

Doc Holliday said:

HuMcK said:

Sure would be nice to get some inspectors in there to verify that. I don't even trust NK to keep their word yet on signed treaties, much less promises that couldn't be included in the signed document because they "didn't have time." A lot of their missiles are fired from mobile launchers anyway, so all they need is a flat space big enough to park the launcher on, nothing to destroy there.

I'm not seeing a lot of discussion in this thread about how we gave up something (military excercises) without getting much if anything in return other than some vague promises that NK has made before. We aren't locked into a bad deal yet by any means because the exercises are a relatively small thing to give up, and I support the quest for peace and security, but yesterday doesn't really strike me as the kind of unprecedented breakthrough Republicans are treating it as.
That's because you don't want Trump to be successful.

"He will never win the primary"
"He will never win the general election"
"He will never get tax cuts"
"He will never get 3% gdp growth"
"He will never solve the north korea Nuke problem"
[You are here]

On top of praising the Iran deal...

At least be happy Trump didn't give them $400 Billion dollars on pallets that they can use to fund terrorism.

And the family members whose remains have been repatriated would beg to differ with those that don't think he's accomplished anything at all.
EatMoreSalmon
Until real work is done and verified, a signed paper is just another "Peace in our time" document. At least minor concessions seem to have been made. Very cautiously hopeful.
HuMcK
Doc Holliday said:

HuMcK said:

Doc Holliday said:

HuMcK said:

I'm not seeing a lot of discussion in this thread about how we gave up something (military excercises) without getting much if anything in return other than some vague promises that NK has made before. We aren't locked into a bad deal yet by any means because the exercises are a relatively small thing to give up, and I support the quest for peace and security, but yesterday doesn't really strike me as the kind of unprecedented breakthrough Republicans are treating it as.

[You are here]

At least be happy Trump didn't give them $400 Billion dollars on pallets that they can use to fund terrorism.

And the family members whose remains have been repatriated would beg to differ with those that don't think he's accomplished anything at all.

Cash is a much smaller thing to give up for the wealthiest nation on earth than planned military exercises with a regional ally. And it was $400million not billion. But, I bet the family of the hostages that got released after that payment don't have a huge problem with it either. Plus it was their own money that was sitting frozen in accounts, not taxpayer funds as you often assert. It also came after Iran shipped 97% of their enriched uranium out of the country and let in the inspectors, so it's not like we gave them the money back in exchange for nothing.
riflebear
HuMcK said:

Doc Holliday said:

HuMcK said:

I'm not seeing a lot of discussion in this thread about how we gave up something (military excercises) without getting much if anything in return other than some vague promises that NK has made before. We aren't locked into a bad deal yet by any means because the exercises are a relatively small thing to give up (but calling them "provocative" and "inappropriate" is straight out of NK's propaganda...), and I support the quest for peace and security, but yesterday doesn't really strike me as the kind of unprecedented breakthrough Republicans are treating it as.

It also shouldn't pass without mention that Trump showed more respect and affection for Kim than he did the PM of Canada, and that leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
I watched the entire press conference last night and I hope you do to because it literally answers everything you question here.

- Obviously they are having UN & US inspectors going in first thing (assuming Kim doesn't go rogue)
- Trump said he gave up the warfare games w/ the S. Koreans as a good gesture. He literally said why would they show an act of force right after this was signed. It makes no sense. We will literally know in a few weeks if they are doing what they said they would. the U.S. & Trump has shown nothing but toughness towards NK the last year and now people are questioning him on it? Come on HuMcK u are smarter than that.
- Trump makes 1 phone call that lasts 2 min and the war game exercises are back on - we're not giving up anything, the 20k+ military is still prepared over there, it's not like they forgot what they should do if NK attacks.
- Trump was asked about this in the press conference about Canada. You could also say a dangerous dictator actually sat down w/ Trump yet some Democrats won't even sit down w/ him when he's giving them a lot on the border, etc.
- When you are trying to negotiate someone giving up their entire lifestyle and defense of having Nuclear Weapons in a sit down face to face meeting - are you supposed to treat them w/ disrespect and curse them out and mock them? Come on. First Democrats say he is being too tough on NK w/ his Rocket Man and fire and fury talk, now people are complaining he's being too nice?

One note I hadn't heard before is Trump spoke about his Uncle who was an MIT professor for over 40 years and supposedly specialized and knew a lot about nuclear weapons. Trump would talk to him and pick his brain over the years about them and learned a lot, and continuing to learn a lot over the past year.
riflebear
It's hilarious that some think the U.S. didn't get anything yet and gave up too much. They literally just signed the document, how exactly are we supposed to get anything when Kim hadn't even arrived home to N. Korea yet?

Trump didn't lift any sanctions, they are all still in place.

Ironic how Democrats are demanding things here they never demanded from Obama & Iran. Lets be honest, Trump & Pompeo wiped the floor w/ Obama & Kerry yesterday in how to negotiate w/ a dangerous country. Obama literally gave up everything, almost all our leverage before signing the deal when he could have got so much more. Trump gave up nothing except flying to Singapore which is a beautiful place by the way.

Trump also joked he told Kim that his beaches where they launch missiles from are beautiful. Their country is between China & S. Korea and millions of tourists where they could build beautiful hotels which I bet happens in the next decade.

We're 1% of the way there and I can't imagine how much could happen inside their country when trying to change an entire culture but at least they are starting. As I said above, the U.S. will literally know within a few weeks if Kim is following thru w/ his promises.
Doc Holliday
riflebear
riflebear
HuMcK said:

Doc Holliday said:

HuMcK said:

Doc Holliday said:

HuMcK said:

[You are here]

Cash is a much smaller thing to give up for the wealthiest nation on earth than planned military exercises with a regional ally. And it was $400million not billion. But, I bet the family of the hostages that got released after that payment don't have a huge problem with it either. Plus it was their own money that was sitting frozen in accounts, not taxpayer funds as you often assert. It also came after Iran shipped 97% of their enriched uranium out of the country and let in the inspectors, so it's not like we gave them the money back in exchange for nothing.
It was around $1.7billion in cash.

Politifact:
As of 1990, there were $400 million in that account. Negotiators agreed that accrued interest would add $1.3 billion to the amount.

But they also got access to estimates of $56billion - $150billion. Bottom line is Obama gave up the farm and bent over for Iran. Not to mention they've been using this money ever sense to cause chaos and fund terorrism in the Middle East.
riflebear
Fox had on a former CIA station Chief who had great commentary all last night. One concern he raised was something that happened after the Soviet Union fell. There could be thousands of people working at all these NK Nuclear sites. What happens to the 'brain drain' of all these people? They need to make sure they aren't recruited to the Middle East or other countries to build nuclear weapons.

I can't imagine all the millions of things that will change in their country because of this and all the challenges it will cause. I'm sure Kim was thinking about that on his flight home so who knows what will happen. I'm sure there will be a lot of good and bad just like there is in the U.S. and every country.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.