Singapore Summit

8,977 Views | 124 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by PartyBear
Jack and DP
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-northkorea-usa-iran/iran-tells-north-korea-trump-could-cancel-deal-before-getting-home-idUSKBN1J813Y
riflebear
Stay classy Mr. Acosta & CNN.

cBUrurenthusism
contrario
J.R. said:

Doc Holliday said:

COMPLETE DENUCLEARIZATION in document SIGNED by Kim.

Screw everyone who said Trump didn't know what he was doing. Seriously, screw you.
Hey dumbass, read what it says. They in no way agreed to Complete Denuc. That said
"they would work toward it" That is an entirely different thing. So don't be an ass.
Why do you jump to name calling. CNN, your beloved news source, disagrees with you.
quash
ATL Bear said:

A serious step forward. That's a good thing by any measure. Honestly, like dealing with the Middle East, we'll have to turn a blind eye for some time regarding dictatorship tactics in exchange for denuclearization, getting NK into the world community, and a more peaceful Far East. Eventually we'll likely see the oppression relieved as their economic fortunes change. A junior type China is all we can realistically expect in the next couple of decades. Anything beyond that is gravy.

You don't think a German type reunification is possible?
quash
riflebear said:

Stay classy Mr. Acosta & CNN.

You gotta respect a loudmouth ******* who says what he thinks.

Acosta 2020 campaign is lit.
EatMoreSalmon
quash said:

ATL Bear said:

A serious step forward. That's a good thing by any measure. Honestly, like dealing with the Middle East, we'll have to turn a blind eye for some time regarding dictatorship tactics in exchange for denuclearization, getting NK into the world community, and a more peaceful Far East. Eventually we'll likely see the oppression relieved as their economic fortunes change. A junior type China is all we can realistically expect in the next couple of decades. Anything beyond that is gravy.

Not with Kim in power in NK. Dictatorships do not age well in transitions to more open societies. ATL is spot on.
ATL Bear
quash said:

ATL Bear said:

I won't say anything is impossible, but that would seem a stretch, unless Mr. Jong-un gets "Ceausescu-ed" by the populace. Long term, maybe it reaches a point where a peaceful transition can occur.
J.R.
Doc Holliday said:

J.R. said:

Doc Holliday said:

Screw everyone who said Trump didn't know what he was doing. Seriously, screw you.
Hey dumbass, read what it says. They in no way agreed to Complete Denuc. That said
"they would work toward it" That is an entirely different thing. So don't be an ass.
Well shoot, I guess CNN is fake news . I Should have known.

It's never good to pull random twitters out of the twitter sphere. Perhaps you should have gone to the signed document itself. Here is exactly what was agreed from a copy of the actual document signed.

[ol]
  • The United States and the DPRK commit to establish new U.S.-DPRK relations in accordance with the desire of the peoples of the two countries for peace and prosperity.
  • The United States and the DPRK will join their efforts to build a lasting and stable peace regime on the Korean Peninsula.
  • Reaffirming the April 27, 2018 Panmunjom Declaration, the DPRK commits to work toward complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula.
  • The United States and the DPRK commit to recovering POW/MIA remains, including the immediate repatriation of those already identified.
  • [/ol]
    Doc Holliday
    J.R. said:

Doc Holliday said:

J.R. said:

Doc Holliday said:

It's never good to pull random twitters out of the twitter sphere. Perhaps you should have gone to the signed document itself. Here is exactly what was agreed from a copy of the actual document signed.

[ol]
  • The United States and the DPRK commit to establish new U.S.-DPRK relations in accordance with the desire of the peoples of the two countries for peace and prosperity.
  • The United States and the DPRK will join their efforts to build a lasting and stable peace regime on the Korean Peninsula.
  • Reaffirming the April 27, 2018 Panmunjom Declaration, the DPRK commits to work toward complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula.
  • The United States and the DPRK commit to recovering POW/MIA remains, including the immediate repatriation of those already identified.
  • [/ol]
    CNN is a random twitter?

Or do you not want to admit that CNN is fake news?
    J.R.
    contrario said:

J.R. said:

Doc Holliday said:

Why do you jump to name calling. CNN, your beloved news source, disagrees with yo
    Perhaps you should have a better understanding of who this guy is and how love to get personal and hurl insults, even when he is wrong like this. See post below with actual text of the agreement. He doesn't do his homework, yet wants to get in people's grill with out facts. I don't know what yo means.
    J.R.
    Doc Holliday said:

J.R. said:

Doc Holliday said:

J.R. said:

Doc Holliday said:

[ol]
  • [/ol]
    CNN is a random twitter?

The fact is, you had your facts wrong and made you look foolish. Quit trying to "Trump" and deflect. Nothing to with CNN or Twitters. Notice the words "work towards" being the operative phrase.
    Doc Holliday
    J.R. said:

Doc Holliday said:

J.R. said:

Doc Holliday said:

J.R. said:

Doc Holliday said:

[ol]
  • [/ol]
    CNN is a random twitter?

The fact is, you had your facts wrong and made you look foolish. Quit trying to "Trump" and deflect. Nothing to with CNN or Twitters. Notice the words "work towards" being the operative phrase.
    Here is what you said:

Quote:

Hey dumbass, read what it says. They in no way agreed to Complete Denuc
    Here is what you just listed:

Quote:

3. Reaffirming the April 27, 2018 Panmunjom Declaration, the DPRK commits to work toward complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula.
    So they in 'no way' agreed to complete denuclearization? Not a single way at all? Working towards doesn't meaning agreeing to?

And this tweet from CNN is lies?

Also you said:

Quote:

It's never good to pull random twitters out of the twitter sphere.
    Then you said:

Quote:

Nothing to with CNN or Twitters.

There's a lot of doublethink going on here.

Doc Holliday
    Things I learned today:

Signing a document that says I agree and commit to work towards denuclearization' is in no way agreeing to commit or work towards denuclearization.

Canada2017
    Doc Holliday said:

Things I learned today:

Signing a document that says I agree and commit to work towards denuclearization' is in no way agreeing to commit or work towards denuclearization.

chuckle

Let it go.....Trump haters are experiencing mental flip flops this week.
    riflebear
    CSIBear
    Dang, Doc is just wiping the floor with JR today.
    cinque
    CSIBear said:

Chuckle. He's doing no such thing.
    Make Racism Wrong Again
    Doc Holliday
    cinque said:

CSIBear said:

cinque
    Doc Holliday said:

cinque said:

CSIBear said:

To summarize, North Korea got Trump to:
    - Give them their desired world stage
    - Avoid any discussion on human rights
    - End military exercises with South Korea
    - Hint at ending U.S. Forces Korea
    - Attack NATO and allies as cheap

In return, "dealmaker" Trump got nothing.
    Chuckle.
    Make Racism Wrong Again
    Doc Holliday
    cinque said:

Doc Holliday said:

cinque said:

CSIBear said:

Chuckle.
    But JR told me he did the following:

• riflebear
    cinque said:

Doc Holliday said:

cinque said:

CSIBear said:

Chuckle.
    I feel like a 7th grade English teacher having to to mark up and correct every one of Cinque's English papers (i.e. posts).

Incorrect - when you are threatening the World w/ nuclear weapons and have been the focal point of the last 4 Presidents and even Obama told Trump N. Korea would be his biggest challenge - I'd say N. Korea already had the 'world stage'

100% FALSE - Trump even said in the press conference last night that this came up and was discussed but I doubt CNN or MSNBC reported on this so I'll give you a pass.

Negotiating 101, when you are trying to negotiate anything, especially w/ a crazy Dictator w/ nuclear weapons, you play nice when they are in the process of denuclearizing. Are you saying after Trump had a pleasant peaceful negotiation where he got Kim to agree to everything Trump wanted and more that Trump should turn around and crap all over N. Korea by threatening them w/ our power and strength? ridiculous comment

English please? I'm assuming you mean ending u.s. forces in Korea? Every President has wanted to bring our troops home and have less of a force in Korea assuming we come to a peace agreement. Why keep 30,000 troops in Korea? Also, he specifically said he would not bring troops home until they 100% verified that all their nukes were gone which could take a few years.

What are you talking about? He literally started the press conference off by thanking South Korea, Japan and China for their efforts in helping bring N. Korea to the table.

Anything else you want to misinform or lie about?
    cinque
    Doc Holliday said:

cinque said:

Doc Holliday said:

cinque said:

CSIBear said:

Chuckle.

• Did he tell you China and Russia got everything they wanted from the Singapore Summit?
    Make Racism Wrong Again
    cinque
    riflebear said:

cinque said:

Doc Holliday said:

cinque said:

CSIBear said:

Chuckle.
    I feel like a 7th grade English teacher having to to mark up and correct every one of Cinque's English papers (i.e. posts).

Incorrect - when you are threatening the World w/ nuclear weapons and have been the focal point of the last 4 Presidents and even Obama told Trump N. Korea would be his biggest challenge - I'd say N. Korea already had the 'world stage'

100% FALSE - Trump even said in the press conference last night that this came up and was discussed but I doubt CNN or MSNBC reported on this so I'll give you a pass.

Negotiating 101, when you are trying to negotiate anything, especially w/ a crazy Dictator w/ nuclear weapons, you play nice when they are in the process of denuclearizing. Are you saying after Trump had a pleasant peaceful negotiation where he got Kim to agree to everything Trump wanted and more that Trump should turn around and crap all over N. Korea by threatening them w/ our power and strength? ridiculous comment

English please? I'm assuming you mean ending u.s. forces in Korea? Every President has wanted to bring our troops home and have less of a force in Korea assuming we come to a peace agreement. Why keep 30,000 troops in Korea? Also, he specifically said he would not bring troops home until they 100% verified that all their nukes were gone which could take a few years.

What are you talking about? He literally started the press conference off by thanking South Korea, Japan and China for their efforts in helping bring N. Korea to the table.

Anything else you want to misinform or lie about?
    Computer says no,
    Make Racism Wrong Again
    Doc Holliday
    cinque said:

Doc Holliday said:

cinque said:

Doc Holliday said:

cinque said:

CSIBear said:

Chuckle.

• Did he tell you China and Russia got everything they wanted from the Singapore Summit?
    Booray
    Canada2017 said:

Doc Holliday said:

Things I learned today:

chuckle

Let it go.....Trump haters are experiencing mental flip flops this week.
    That is becuase they have a mind.

Really, I am glad that President Trump is trying on North Korea. The recent effort is a ton better than flinging insults at an insecure dictator who apparently has some sort of nuclear capability. But pretending this summit actually accomplished anything is just stupid. NK has said several times before it would end its nuclear program. Now it is saying it will end its nuclear program if.... well if what, we don't know.

We will see where it goes from here. Maybe this president will be more successful than several others who have tried. I'm not holding my breath, but I am pulling for him.

On the other hand his comments and those of his worker bees after the G-7 were bizarre, uncalled for, not based in reality and damaging to our most important relationships.

If all that adds up to a "great week" for the President, I want to play a round of golf using your score card.
    contrario
    J.R. said:

contrario said:

J.R. said:

Doc Holliday said:

Why do you jump to name calling. CNN, your beloved news source, disagrees with yo
    Perhaps you should have a better understanding of who this guy is and how love to get personal and hurl insults, even when he is wrong like this. See post below with actual text of the agreement. He doesn't do his homework, yet wants to get in people's grill with out facts. I don't know what yo means.
    I don't know what "how love to get personal" means.
    HuMcK
    Canada2017
    Leftists have already begun their rumors, lies, and rather desperate criticism of the summit.

Didn't even take 48 hours to begin.

Jack and DP
    https://twitter.com/sbrsport*****s/status/1006658186575785984?s=21
    HuMcK
    Jack and DP said:

https://twitter.com/sbrsport*****s/status/1006658186575785984?s=21

Ok now that is a pretty funny instance of censorship right there.
    corncob pipe
    I hope denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula is an impeachable offense

Hurry Mueller
    Sam Lowry
    Booray said:

That is becuase they have a mind.

Really, I am glad that President Trump is trying on North Korea. The recent effort is a ton better than flinging insults at an insecure dictator who apparently has some sort of nuclear capability. But pretending this summit actually accomplished anything is just stupid. NK has said several times before it would end its nuclear program. Now it is saying it will end its nuclear program if.... well if what, we don't know.

We will see where it goes from here. Maybe this president will be more successful than several others who have tried. I'm not holding my breath, but I am pulling for him.

On the other hand his comments and those of his worker bees after the G-7 were bizarre, uncalled for, not based in reality and damaging to our most important relationships.

If all that adds up to a "great week" for the President, I want to play a round of golf using your score card.
    The last agreement failed at least in part because we didn't keep our promises regarding oil. If we follow through this time, there's no reason to assume NK won't do the same. It's also a good thing we're making progress toward removing our troops from the peninsula. Many think of it as a concession, but in fact it's an accomplishment in its own right.

The only thing I don't understand is why we don't have the same attitude toward negotiating with Iran. I'm giving Trump the benefit of the doubt (difficult as that is with Mad Dog Bolton in the room) and hoping he really has a better deal in mind.
    Jack and DP
    Sam, probably for another thread, but the current regime in Iran is bad for Iran and bad for the region. There is movement for change from within. Just not sure if it's enough.
    Sam Lowry
    Jack and DP said:

Sam, probably for another thread, but the current regime in Iran is bad for Iran and bad for the region. There is movement for change from within. Just not sure if it's enough.
    I think we'd all agree that Kim's regime is bad too.

subscribe Verify your student status
    See Subscription Benefits
    Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.