Singapore Summit

8,817 Views | 124 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by PartyBear
Jack and DP
How long do you want to ignore this user?
cinque
Meanwhile, Pence is reassuring SK that US/SK military exercises will continue on the peninsula. Who should be believed?
Make Racism Wrong Again
Jack and DP
Sam Lowry said:

Jack and DP said:

Sam, probably for another thread, but the current regime in Iran is bad for Iran and bad for the region. There is movement for change from within. Just not sure if it's enough.
I think we'd all agree that Kim's regime is bad too.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/06/iran-nuclear-deal-disaster-from-the-start/
Golem
HuMcK said:

Doc Holliday said:

HuMcK said:

The same one they're already destroying?

Sure would be nice to get some inspectors in there to verify that. I don't even trust NK to keep their word yet on signed treaties, much less promises that couldn't be included in the signed document because they "didn't have time." A lot of their missiles are fired from mobile launchers anyway, so all they need is a flat space big enough to park the launcher on, nothing to destroy there.

I'm not seeing a lot of discussion in this thread about how we gave up something (military excercises) without getting much if anything in return other than some vague promises that NK has made before. We aren't locked into a bad deal yet by any means because the exercises are a relatively small thing to give up (but calling them "provocative" and "inappropriate" is straight out of NK's propaganda...), and I support the quest for peace and security, but yesterday doesn't really strike me as the kind of unprecedented breakthrough Republicans are treating it as.

It also shouldn't pass without mention that Trump showed more respect and affection for Kim than he did the PM of Canada, and that leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

1. Trudeau deserves less respect than Kim. He's less honest.
2. I'm sure that's not the first time someone left a bad taste in your mouth.
riflebear
cinque said:

riflebear said:

cinque said:

Doc Holliday said:

cinque said:

CSIBear said:

Dang, Doc is just wiping the floor with JR today.
Chuckle. He's doing no such thing.

In return, "dealmaker" Trump got nothing.
Chuckle.
I feel like a 7th grade English teacher having to to mark up and correct every one of Cinque's English papers (i.e. posts).

To summarize, North Korea got Trump to:
- Give them their desired world stage
Incorrect - when you are threatening the World w/ nuclear weapons and have been the focal point of the last 4 Presidents and even Obama told Trump N. Korea would be his biggest challenge - I'd say N. Korea already had the 'world stage'

- Avoid any discussion on human rights
100% FALSE - Trump even said in the press conference last night that this came up and was discussed but I doubt CNN or MSNBC reported on this so I'll give you a pass.

- End military exercises with South Korea
Negotiating 101, when you are trying to negotiate anything, especially w/ a crazy Dictator w/ nuclear weapons, you play nice when they are in the process of denuclearizing. Are you saying after Trump had a pleasant peaceful negotiation where he got Kim to agree to everything Trump wanted and more that Trump should turn around and crap all over N. Korea by threatening them w/ our power and strength? ridiculous comment

- Hint at ending U.S. Forces Korea
English please? I'm assuming you mean ending u.s. forces in Korea? Every President has wanted to bring our troops home and have less of a force in Korea assuming we come to a peace agreement. Why keep 30,000 troops in Korea? Also, he specifically said he would not bring troops home until they 100% verified that all their nukes were gone which could take a few years.

- Attack NATO and allies as cheap
What are you talking about? He literally started the press conference off by thanking South Korea, Japan and China for their efforts in helping bring N. Korea to the table.

Anything else you want to misinform or lie about?
Computer says no,
cinque
Jack and DP said:

Chuckle. "Un huh, sho' do."
Make Racism Wrong Again
GoneGirl
tommie said:

riflebear said:

Acosta & CNN. Unreal. He does realize Kim needs a translator, right?

Kim doesn't need a translator. He went to English languag school in the West.
Where he learned the word "dotard."

I'm curious about Kim's agenda for these talks.
Golem
quash
Doc Holliday said:

cinque said:

Doc Holliday said:

cinque said:

CSIBear said:

Dang, Doc is just wiping the floor with JR today.
Chuckle. He's doing no such thing.

To summarize, North Korea got Trump to:
- Give them their desired world stage
- Avoid any discussion on human rights
- End military exercises with South Korea
- Hint at ending U.S. Forces Korea
- Attack NATO and allies as cheap

In return, "dealmaker" Trump got nothing.
Chuckle.
But JR told me he did the following:

• The United States and the DPRK commit to establish new U.S.-DPRK relations in accordance with the desire of the peoples of the two countries for peace and prosperity.
  • The United States and the DPRK will join their efforts to build a lasting and stable peace regime on the Korean Peninsula.
  • Reaffirming the April 27, 2018 Panmunjom Declaration, the DPRK commits to work toward complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula.
  • The United States and the DPRK commit to recovering POW/MIA remains, including the immediate repatriation of those already identified.

• Yay. All four of those things have been agreed to before by N. K. going back as far as Bush 41.
    To quote Dear Leader "we'll see."
    Jack and DP
    Jack and DP
    Jack and DP
    Jack and DP
    Obama weighs in

corncob pipe
    Golem
    GoneGirl
    Jack and DP said:

BEFORE you took office? Liar, please. Donald, you stoked the fear of war your own self AFTER taking office. You could argue that this was part of a strategy, but u can't honestly claim that you weren't the one who escalated fear of war.
    HuMcK
    Touchy, touchy.
    Doc Holliday
    I still can't believe some of you can't see this:

He plays the character of Donald J Trump very well. He knows it is silly and makes him look ridiculous at times but it is so forking effective. We supporters can see it clear as day, he goes so over the top that it is hilarious to us. We see what he is trying to do; trigger an even more bombastic response from the haters so that they look even more ridiculous. The big difference is they are not just playing a character. They are being themselves, he is a genius at breaking down their walls so they expose their true selves. If anti-Trump people weren't so incredibly stupid and would just watch those old videos of him addressing, I think it was congress, back in the 80s they would see the reserved, well spoken, very stable genius that we see. I can't believe they continue to fall for it every time. I sleep well every night knowing this man is in charge.
    CSIBear
    Yeah, but not wrong
    robby44
    PartyBear
    HuMcK said:

Touchy, touchy.

In other words hit a nerve about the fact nothing is going to be verified. This was nothing but a made for TV distraction from the criminal investigation and charges.

subscribe Verify your student status
    See Subscription Benefits
    Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.