Tommy Robinson - What Are Your Thoughts?

14,191 Views | 160 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Buddha Bear
BaylorFTW
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Is he the canary in the coal mine for Britain?

Also, how do we keep what is happening in the UK wiht erosion of free speech rights from happening over here?
Doc Holliday
He's reportedly been moved to a prison with a 71% Muslim population and they're probably going to kill him.

The U.K. is lost.

If we ever give up the 2nd amend, its over. Same things will happen in the U.S.
Golem
He speaks truth to a power structure that doesn't want to hear it. He is consistently harassed by the police when he has done nothing illegal or wrong (once hounded out of a restaurant with his children by cops for no reason). The British authorities want to control speech and thought ala 1984 and Tommie helps people see truths that conflict with the standard government propaganda.

He deserves a statue.
Doc Holliday
Theresa May - UK Prime Minister in Mosque, on a prayer mat, wearing a hijab.

Doc Holliday
Does anyone else find it odd that lefties won't comment on posts like this?
BaylorFTW
This may not be on many lefties radar because it is in the UK and they would be less concerned that conservatives are losing freedoms. Considering that many of them are perfectly willing to fall for or give emotional arguments instead of looking at issues from a distance with critical thinking (see separation from families immigration argument), I think they would only see these governmental actions as good things. It will only become a problem for them when the pendulum swings the other way and their supporters get put in jail.

What is funny is the UK's political spectrum is far more left leaning than are own. In their spectrum, most conservatives in the US would be perceived as far right or from our point of view conservatives over there would be perceived as moderates. So the fact that their government is cracking down on moderates is even more disconcerting.
Gunny Hartman
That should scare the hell out of anyone regardless of their standing on the political spectrum. This is the textbook definition of a police state in action cracking down on on a journalist merely for attempting to cover it, in public no less, and all this in a supposedly free and liberal country. Truly chilling.

How the citizens of the UK aren't rising up against this is beyond me. But then again, they allow themselves to be emasculated and disarmed by their government a century ago, so I suppose there's nothing they can do about it and all parties involved know it.
Booray
Not a Tommy Robinson scholar, but his record is littered with assaults and crimes that have little to do with political activism. Sort of a Michael Ferguson for the right.
Gunny Hartman
Booray said:

Not a Tommy Robinson scholar, but his record is littered with assaults and crimes that have little to do with political activism. Sort of a Michael Ferguson for the right.

He was arrested, tried, and imprisoned literally all within a manner of a few hours for filming with his iPhone the Muslim rape gangs going on in the UK that the government and the mainstream media are desperately trying to keep quiet. It's as Orwellian as you can get.
Booray
Gunny Hartman said:

Booray said:

He was arrested, tried, and imprisoned literally all within a manner of a few hours for filming with his iPhone the Muslim rape gangs going on in the UK that the government and the mainstream media are desperately trying to keep quiet. It's as Orwellian as you can get.

First, your point has nothing to do with my comment.

Second, you point is a distortion of the reason he was jailed and the process through which it happened.

Third, Alex Jones appreciates your subscription.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/tommy-robinson-arrest/
Gunny Hartman
Booray said:

Gunny Hartman said:

Booray said:

First, your point has nothing to do with my comment.

Second, you point is a distortion of the reason he was jailed and the process through which it happened.

Third, Alex Jones appreciates your subscription.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/tommy-robinson-arrest/

We don't have the same reporting restrictions in America, so how is it that we are ever able to pull off a fair trial?
Booray
99.9% of trials have zero media coverage, whether here or in England. So this is a rule that applies only in the rarest of circumstances.

In trials that generate media interest, that interest is often used by all parties in a way that harms the judicial process. England strikes a different balance than we do. They may have fairer trials, but less freedom of expression.
Gunny Hartman
Booray said:

99.9% of trials have zero media coverage, whether here or in England. So this is a rule that applies only in the rarest of circumstances.

In trials that generate media interest, that interest is often used by all parties in a way that harms the judicial process. England strikes a different balance than we do. They may have fairer trials, but less freedom of expression.

Gotcha, so then let's add a fourth point to your list above: leftists are okay with government suppression of reporting on what is otherwise a public function.
cms186
Gunny Hartman said:

Booray said:

This is pure nonsense Gunny, he was arrested for trying to influence the result of the trial, he was actively trying to get a mistrial declared to try and inflame racial tensions in England, he plead guilty and then tried to blame his lawyers

This is a Twitter "Moment" (cringe) from an actual reporter who was there at the time and doing actual journalism rather than what Robinson was doing: https://twitter.com/i/moments/1001517056150339584

Robinson is a dangerous racist who is purely interested in inciting racial hatred, he is not some freedom fighter standing up for free speech and British values, hes an arrogant, hateful man.
I'm the English Guy
Booray
Gunny Hartman said:

Booray said:

Gotcha, so then let's add a fourth point to your list above: leftists are okay with government suppression of reporting on what is otherwise a public function.
You are just silly dense.

We have gag orders all the time in trials--it is usually the ACLU and the MSM that attacks them. This issue cannot be reduced to a bumper sticker or a sound bite.
Gunny Hartman
Booray said:

Gunny Hartman said:

Booray said:

You are just silly dense.

We have gag orders all the time in trials--it is usually the ACLU and the MSM that attacks them. This issue cannot be reduced to a bumper sticker or a sound bite.

Lookie here, it's a leftist calling someone dense. It's a shame he's not bright enough to recognize the extreme irony of the statement.
Gunny Hartman
cms186 said:

Gunny Hartman said:

Booray said:

This is pure nonsense Gunny, he was arrested for trying to influence the result of the trial, he was actively trying to get a mistrial declared to try and inflame racial tensions in England, he plead guilty and then tried to blame his lawyers

This is a Twitter "Moment" (cringe) from an actual reporter who was there at the time and doing actual journalism rather than what Robinson was doing: https://twitter.com/i/moments/1001517056150339584

Robinson is a dangerous racist who is purely interested in inciting racial hatred, he is not some freedom fighter standing up for free speech and British values, hes an arrogant, hateful man.

CMS, I don't know anything about the guy so if he is indeed a racist and that's not just some smear label that his enemies have attached to him, then he deserves to be roundly condemned. However, I'm not comfortable that someone can stand in public and make a video with their iPhone and get sentenced to 13 months for doing so. But y'all can run your country however you see fit, as it's not my or any American's place to tell you what laws you should make and enforce.
cms186
Gunny Hartman said:

cms186 said:

Gunny Hartman said:

Booray said:

CMS, I don't know anything about the guy so if he is indeed a racist and that's not just some smear label that his enemies have attached to him, then he deserves to be roundly condemned. However, I'm not comfortable that someone can stand in public and make a video with their iPhone and get sentenced to 13 months for doing so. But y'all can run your country however you see fit, as it's not my or any American's place to tell you what laws you should make and enforce.
A: He didnt just stand there and film, please, read the link i posted, it details precisely what he did and why it was illegal.

B: He was already under a suspended sentence for a previous charge when he committed this crime, which is why the sentence was 13 months
I'm the English Guy
Canada2017
Meanwhile leftists can take over the streets in Portland, threaten innocent people, bash their cars, scream obscenities at the drivers......and its A-Ok. Cops just sit back and watch.

Strange times
Malbec
Canada2017 said:

Meanwhile leftists can take over the streets in Portland, threaten innocent people, bash their cars, scream obscenities at the drivers......and its A-Ok. Cops just sit back and watch.

Strange times
They don't call it "The Wild West" for nothin'.
Gunny Hartman
cms186 said:

Gunny Hartman said:

cms186 said:

Gunny Hartman said:

Booray said:

A: He didnt just stand there and film, please, read the link i posted, it details precisely what he did and why it was illegal.

B: He was already under a suspended sentence for a previous charge when he committed this crime, which is why the sentence was 13 months

Okay, I read your Twitter moment and I'm even more appalled. He was a private citizen standing IN PUBLIC filming Facebook live video with his iPhone who according to that journalist committed the unpardonable sin of verbally giving his opinion on the matter that he was filming. The other unforgivable sin he apparently committed was not being an "accredited journalist."

The horror!! How dare he not be accredited!!! And speak his "uninformed" opinions into a Facebook live video!!! For the second time even!! Lock that criminal up and throw away the key immediately!!!!!!

Like I said, y'all are welcome to run the UK however you see fit, but him being imprisoned for precisely what that journalist who was present described is anathema to me. Absolutely beyond comprehension that a citizenry would not only allow it, but even support it. And it makes me thankful that at least to the present day, that is not something I believe most Americans would support happening here.
cms186
Gunny Hartman said:

cms186 said:

Gunny Hartman said:

cms186 said:

Gunny Hartman said:

Booray said:

Okay, I read your Twitter moment and I'm even more appalled. He was a private citizen standing IN PUBLIC filming Facebook live video with his iPhone who according to that journalist committed the unpardonable sin of verbally giving his opinion on the matter that he was filming. The other unforgivable sin he apparently committed was not being an "accredited journalist."

The horror!! How dare he not be accredited!!! And speak his "uninformed" opinions into a Facebook live video!!! For the second time even!! Lock that criminal up and throw away the key immediately!!!!!!

Like I said, y'all are welcome to run the UK however you see fit, but him being imprisoned for precisely what that journalist who was present described is anathema to me. Absolutely beyond comprehension that a citizenry would not only allow it, but even support it. And it makes me thankful that at least to the present day, that is not something I believe most Americans would support happening here.
Because its not just him giving his opinion to his followers, hes talking about an ongoing trial which he (and everyone else) has been specifically ordered not to talk about until it is over. Its not a permanent reporting ban, its a temporary ban for the duration of the Trial to try and ensure that the Jurors dont get influenced further by outside opinion and so the defendant/s can get a fair trial, because if they dont get a fair trial, they can appeal and get the verdict overturned. In America i believe they achieve this aim by sequestering the Jury (or at least, thats what the John Grisham novels ive read have told me )

The point is that Robinson knows this is why hes been arrested and Jailed, he's trying to get the Trial go to a mistrial, because thats what will cause further public outrage, which is his ultimate aim, he doesnt give a **** about justice in this particular case, hes using it for his own reprehensible motives.
I'm the English Guy
303Bear
cms186 said:

Because its not just him giving his opinion to his followers, hes talking about an ongoing trial which he (and everyone else) has been specifically ordered not to talk about until it is over. Its not a permanent reporting ban, its a temporary ban for the duration of the Trial to try and ensure that the Jurors dont get influenced further by outside opinion and so the defendant/s can get a fair trial, because if they dont get a fair trial, they can appeal and get the verdict overturned. In America i believe they achieve this aim by sequestering the Jury (or at least, thats what the John Grisham novels ive read have told me )

The point is that Robinson knows this is why hes been arrested and Jailed, he's trying to get the Trial go to a mistrial, because thats what will cause further public outrage, which is his ultimate aim, he doesnt give a **** about justice in this particular case, hes using it for his own reprehensible motives.
Debate about the TR aside, the idea that a proceeding before a court could be subject to a "reporting ban", permanent or otherwise, which can land a violator in jail is, quite frankly, terrifying.
Gunny Hartman
303Bear said:

cms186 said:

Debate about the TR aside, the idea that a proceeding before a court could be subject to a "reporting ban", permanent or otherwise, which can land a violator in jail is, quite frankly, terrifying.

This. This right here.
cms186
303Bear said:

cms186 said:

its not permanent, i said as much in the bit you conveniently didnt bold, I dont believe it ever is, though i dont pretend to know everything in this regard. I guess it depends on whether you value Free Speech at all times or a temporary hiatus of Free Speech in order to facilitate a Persons right to a Fair Trial.

I mean in America, because of the first amendment, a Newspaper is legally able to report the name of victims of Rape or Sexual assault without their consent, even if they havent courted any kind of publicity, surely thats taking Free Speech a little too far?
I'm the English Guy
303Bear
cms186 said:

303Bear said:

cms186 said:

its not permanent, i said as much in the bit you conveniently didnt bold, I dont believe it ever is, though i dont pretend to know everything in this regard. I guess it depends on whether you value Free Speech at all times or a temporary hiatus of Free Speech in order to facilitate a Persons right to a Fair Trial.

I mean in America, because of the first amendment, a Newspaper is legally able to report the name of victims of Rape or Sexual assault without their consent, even if they havent courted any kind of publicity, surely thats taking Free Speech a little too far?
Are you dense? My comment specifically acknowledged that permanent or not, it is a scary thing.

Free speech is not "free" if it can be banned, even for the shortest of periods.

In the US, a criminal defendant must be afforded the opportunity to confront their accuser, thus their accuser must be known and listed in court filings and pleadings. Often, complainants in sexual assault cases and rape victims appear under pseudonyms (at least in Texas I know one may). Police generally do not release victim info without their consent. Minors are always under a pseudonym. If a new station wants to publish the name of a victim after it appears in a an open court pleading (i.e. a public record), that is their prerogative. Generally in poor taste IMO, but I would not support any measure to limit their right to do so.
Florda_mike
Doc Holliday said:

^^^ She's pretty much what I'd call in the Muslim camp!

Sickening what she's doing to her people

Bought and paid for politician
cms186
Florda_mike said:

Doc Holliday said:

how dare a leader of a country go out of her way to make a minority in said country feel valued and included (even if it was probably just a PR stunt)
I'm the English Guy
Florda_mike
cms186 said:

Florda_mike said:

Doc Holliday said:

how dare a leader of a country go out of her way to make a minority in said country feel valued and included (even if it was probably just a PR stunt)

Minority my azz

Invite Muslims in your home. I'm fine with them there, or preferably back in the country they came from

Signed -
Infidel
cms186
Florda_mike said:

cms186 said:

Florda_mike said:

Doc Holliday said:

Minority my azz

Invite Muslims in your home. I'm fine with them there, or preferably back in the country they came from

Signed -
Infidel
Well there are 2.79 million Muslims officially living in the UK (theres probably many illegals as well, but i doubt that would take the figure any higher than 3 million) which is 4.4% of the Population of the UK, thats the literal definition of "Minority", which definition is your Islamophobic "azz" working from?
I'm the English Guy
Florda_mike
cms186 said:

Florda_mike said:

cms186 said:

Florda_mike said:

Doc Holliday said:

Minority my azz

Signed -
Infidel
Well there are 2.79 million Muslims officially living in the UK (theres probably many illegals as well, but i doubt that would take the figure any higher than 3 million) which is 4.4% of the Population of the UK, thats the literal definition of "Minority", which definition is your Islamophobic "azz" working from?

When Muslim population of a country gets to be 3% or higher they start acting out tenfold as you know

Hence, "minority my azz!"

Send em back where they came or sacrifice your country. That's a reality I don't need a friggin "link" to understand
Waco1947
In a case that has attracted worldwide attention, the far-right activist was arrested for potentially prejudicing a criminal case while streaming an hour-long Facebook Live video outside the court during a rape trial. The Guardian
Potentially prejudicing a criminal case."
It was stupid on his part. The defense could have the trial thrown out.
Waco1947
drahthaar
Doc Holliday said:

Does anyone else find it odd that lefties won't comment on posts like this?

Well, it will never happen here, you see.
Florda_mike
Waco1947 said:

In a case that has attracted worldwide attention, the far-right activist was arrested for potentially prejudicing a criminal case while streaming an hour-long Facebook Live video outside the court during a rape trial. The Guardian
Potentially prejudicing a criminal case."
It was stupid on his part. The defense could have the trial thrown out.

My God, why oh why did you create this hapless idiot???
Golem
cms186 said:

Florda_mike said:

Doc Holliday said:

Maybe she can put on a balaclava to make Antifa feel valued and included. A swastika to make nazis feel valued and included? There are any number of actions she can take to make adherents of violent totalitarian ideologies feel valued and included. You'd surely support them all.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.