Laura Bush says separating children and parents at the border "breaks my heart"

25,466 Views | 309 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Florda_mike
JusHappy2BeHere
How long do you want to ignore this user?
D. C. Bear said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

D. C. Bear said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

D. C. Bear said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

If you've read what MS13 does, "infest" may be too mild a word.
which one of those 5 year olds do you think is MS-13?

sometimes in your zeal to attack both sides equally you say some really stupid stuff

Where in that tweet was the reference to 5-year-olds?
is your position that no 5 year olds have been taken?

If you aren't paying attention to this then I can see how you would feel that way.... the Government controls what the reporters get to see and so far all they have gotten to see are Teenage boys....

they have seen no girls of any age and they have seen no boys under 13..... The entire narrative that Rump is trying to drive is that these brown people are scary... they're bringing drugs... they're rapists... and now they are all MS-13.

I might also ask you, when did anyone say that MS-13 doesn't suck and needs to be gotten rid of?

No, it is my position that the tweet quoted above did not have a reference in it to 5-year-olds.
and it did have reference to how this is all the Democrats fault which is complete bull *****... you could have latched on to that, but in true fashion you chose to attack the poster.... to your credit you are equal opportunity but you still find something to attack someone who posted something regardless of how inconsequential that minutia might be to the overall theme....by the way, the tweet did mention immigrants "pouring over our borers" you want to help Trump sell that they are all MS-13 and not 5 year old kids... but hey.... you do you....

let's get back on point.... This President wants to make all Americans scared ****less of :"Others" those that aren't like you....probably not white, sometimes not Christian, probably not born here (and not above faking that one), maybe not the same sexual orientation as you.... mostly just not like the straight, older, white, male, born in America....
"When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always."

Mahatma Gandhi
bubbadog
JusHappy2BeHere said:

D. C. Bear said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

D. C. Bear said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

D. C. Bear said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

sometimes in your zeal to attack both sides equally you say some really stupid stuff

If you aren't paying attention to this then I can see how you would feel that way.... the Government controls what the reporters get to see and so far all they have gotten to see are Teenage boys....

they have seen no girls of any age and they have seen no boys under 13..... The entire narrative that Rump is trying to drive is that these brown people are scary... they're bringing drugs... they're rapists... and now they are all MS-13.

I might also ask you, when did anyone say that MS-13 doesn't suck and needs to be gotten rid of?

No, it is my position that the tweet quoted above did not have a reference in it to 5-year-olds.
and it did have reference to how this is all the Democrats fault which is complete bull *****... you could have latched on to that, but in true fassion you chose to attack the poster.... to your credit you are equal opportunity but you still find something to attack someone who posted something regardless of how inconsequential that minutia might be to the overall theme.... but hey.... you do you....

let's get back on point.... This President wants to make all Americans scared ****less of :"Others" those that aren't like you....probably not white, sometimes not Christian, probably not born here (and not above faking that one), maybe not the same sexual orientation as you.... mostly just not like the straight, older, white, male, born in America....
Make Germany Great Again 1933
"Free your ass and your mind will follow." -- George Clinton
Jack and DP
JusHappy2BeHere
Man, were you alive in 2013?

if not check the other thread where a bill that passed the Senate 68-32 and would have easily passed the House and been signed into law by the President but Paul Ryan wouldn't allow it to be voted on....

now your indignant? where the hell were you 5 years ago?
"When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always."

Mahatma Gandhi
D. C. Bear
JusHappy2BeHere said:

D. C. Bear said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

D. C. Bear said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

D. C. Bear said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

and it did have reference to how this is all the Democrats fault which is complete bull *****... you could have latched on to that, but in true fassion you chose to attack the poster.... to your credit you are equal opportunity but you still find something to attack someone who posted something regardless of how inconsequential that minutia might be to the overall theme.... but hey.... you do you....

The poster did not discuss whether Democrats were responsible. The poster asked, if I recall, which of those 5-year-olds were MS 13. The argument that there are dangerous people who want to enter the United States to commit evil is a legitimate one, and a wall is not an unreasonable solution to help prevent that, even though I do not support Trump's wall.
JusHappy2BeHere
D. C. Bear said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

D. C. Bear said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

D. C. Bear said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

D. C. Bear said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

The poster did not discuss whether Democrats were responsible. The poster asked, if I recall, which of those 5-year-olds were MS 13. The argument that there are dangerous people who want to enter the United States to commit evil is a legitimate one, and a wall is not an unreasonable solution to help prevent that, even though I do not support Trump's wall.
The TWEET said it was all Democrats fault.... you could have latched onto that, or engaged with the thrust of the comment, and yet you took it in a way designed to attack the poster..... it's what you do....

never mind... you are unwilling to engage in any meaningful conversation....

Mahatma Gandhi
JusHappy2BeHere
here is who Trump is playing to....

Mahatma Gandhi
D. C. Bear
JusHappy2BeHere said:

D. C. Bear said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

D. C. Bear said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

D. C. Bear said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

D. C. Bear said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

The TWEET said it was all Democrats fault.... you could have latched onto that, or engaged with the thrust of the comment, and yet you took it in a way designed to attack the poster..... it's what you do....

I wasn't responding to Trump's tweet. I was responding to the idea that someone was making the argument there were 5-year-old gang members.
JusHappy2BeHere
D. C. Bear said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

D. C. Bear said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

D. C. Bear said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

D. C. Bear said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

D. C. Bear said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

I wasn't responding to Trump's tweet. I was responding to the idea that someone was making the argument there were 5-year-old gang members.
then you missed the point in every way you possibly could.... my point is yes, MS-13 is bad, but these children are not MS-13. that his tweet was a dog whistle to the rabid base that brown people are dangerous and they should be afraid of them.

according to a Border Patrol agent through NBC, less than 1% of those saying they are a family have been found to be faking it.

these are families.... buying into his crazy fear mongering just helps people to take their eye off the ball.

Mahatma Gandhi
Waco1947
Happy nails it "The TWEET said it was all Democrats fault.... you could have latched onto that, or engaged with the thrust of the comment, and yet you took it in a way designed to attack the poster..... it's what you do.... "

never mind... you are unwilling to engage."
fadskier
JusHappy2BeHere said:

D. C. Bear said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

D. C. Bear said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

D. C. Bear said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

D. C. Bear said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

D. C. Bear said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

then you missed the point in every way you possibly could.... my point is yes, MS-13 is bad, but these children are not MS-13. that his tweet was a dog whistle to the rabid base that brown people are dangerous and they should be afraid of them.

according to a Border Patrol agent through NBC, less than 1% of those saying they are a family have been found to be faking it.

these are families.... buying into his crazy fear mongering just helps people to take their eye off the ball.
No one said brown people are dangerous. Stop lying.
D. C. Bear
JusHappy2BeHere said:

D. C. Bear said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

D. C. Bear said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

D. C. Bear said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

D. C. Bear said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

D. C. Bear said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

One group is trying to make us believe that we better build a wall or we will be overrun by MS13, the other is trying to compare the immigration situation on the US Mexican border to Nazi concentration camps, and all for their own political gain. Sorry, I'm just not buying it. One of the more memorable times I recall our government justifying their actions because of "the children" was just after their incompetence had led to a whole bunch of "the children" being burned to death about 10 miles outside of Waco.
Canada2017
Honest question(s) DC.

If the US grants amnesty to all children desiring to enter the US......how many do you think might come from Mexico and the rest of Central America ?

Hundreds ....thousands.....millions ?

Who is going to pay for their upkeep.....till what age ?

Do we also grant amnesty to their parents and siblings ?

Golem
Canada2017 said:

Honest question(s) DC.

If the US grants amnesty to all children desiring to enter the US......how many do you think might come from Mexico and the rest of Central America ?

Do we also grant amnesty to their parents ?

But Jesus very clearly said "Give to Caesar what is God's (but mostly from other people's pockets) and call it a day...just as long as you have the FEELS!!"
Canada2017
This whole 'drama' is manufactured and at complete odds with common sense.

Just a tool to create an open border by forcing the US to grant amnesty to an unlimited number of 'children'.

Then of course the parents would have to be allowed in as well right ? And the extended family .

It's going to be total chaos ....which is exactly what leftist want.
D. C. Bear
Canada2017 said:

Honest question(s) DC.

That is an interesting hypothetical question, why do you ask it? What do you mean by "amnesty?" Desiring to enter the United States is not a crime, at least not to the United States. Do you mean grant a visa of some sort?
Buddha Bear
contrario said:

It is a terrible policy and I don't know what the solution is to handle the complicated issue when people break the law. But it is ignorant to ignore the fact that this was the policy in place during the Obama administration. This is a failure by both parties, which tends to be the case for most of the major issues we face. But yes, please keep playing the two-party game and just blame the other party for all of the problems we have and nothing will get done.
Probably the most accurate post on this board all year.
bubbadog
D. C. Bear said:

One group is trying to make us believe that we better build a wall or we will be overrun by MS13, the other is trying to compare the immigration situation on the US Mexican border to Nazi concentration camps, and all for their own political gain. Sorry, I'm just not buying it. One of the more memorable times I recall our government justifying their actions because of "the children" was just after their incompetence had led to a whole bunch of "the children" being burned to death about 10 miles outside of Waco.
The whole Nazi camp argument is silly and hysterical. And so is the MS-13 argument. But while you can find ridiculous arguments on both sides, that doesn't mean that those are the arguments that most people on those respective sides try to make.

And if we're honest, the arguments are far from equivalent in scope.

The concentration camp argument, near as I can tell, is being made by a small group of people. I've followed the debate closely, and I hadn't even heard of this argument until yesterday. Some Microsoft employees are making the argument indirectly.

On the other side, the MS-13 argument is widespread and is being used by politicians, not just a few advocates. The president himself regularly makes this argument. The white nationalist GOP candidate for governor of Virginia (now running for Senate) made this argument during his campaign. I saw his ads in Virginia.

The MS-13 argument is all over the place. The Nazi argument is really not. This of course does not mean that close to everyone who supports the "zero tolerance" policy buys into the MS-13 argument. But it's much closer to a mainstream position on that side than the Nazi argument is on the other.
fadskier
bubbadog said:

D. C. Bear said:

The whole Nazi camp argument is silly and hysterical. And so is the MS-13 argument. But while you can find ridiculous arguments on both sides, that doesn't mean that those are the arguments that most people on those respective sides try to make.

The concentration camp argument, near as I can tell, is being made by a small group of people. I've followed the debate closely, and I hadn't even heard of this argument until yesterday. Some Microsoft employees are making the argument indirectly.

On the other side, the MS-13 argument is widespread and is being used by politicians, not just a few advocates. The president himself regularly makes this argument. The white nationalist GOP candidate for governor of Virginia (now running for Senate) made this argument during his campaign. I saw his ads in Virginia.

The MS-13 argument is all over the place. The Nazi argument is really not. This of course does not mean that close to everyone who supports the "zero tolerance" policy buys into the MS-13 argument. But it's much closer to a mainstream position on that side than the Nazi argument is on the other.
Of course you see the Nazi argument less, because it's coming from your side. Good grief, do you watch TV? It's on CNN, MSNBC, and whenever there's a snowflake parade.
YoakDaddy
bubbadog said:

D. C. Bear said:

MS13 isn't an argument; it's fact. If you come to South Texas with me, I'll show you MS13...and Mexican Mafia...and Latin Kings....the border and many small towns (my own included) are infested with this criminality.
Doc Holliday
Canada2017 said:

Just a tool to create an open border by forcing the US to grant amnesty to an unlimited number of 'children'.

Then of course the parents would have to be allowed in as well right ? And the extended family .

This 100%.

The lefties on here won't admit that, but they know deep down inside that this is exactly what's happening.
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." ~ John Adams
bubbadog
YoakDaddy said:

bubbadog said:

D. C. Bear said:

MS13 isn't an argument; it's fact. If you come to South Texas with me, I'll show you MS13...and Mexican Mafia...and Latin Kings....the border and many small towns (my own included) are infested with this criminality.
I'm not saying MS-13 isn't a fact. Of course it is. So is drug smuggling. My mother owns property on the river in the Lower RGV. Neighbors have watched the smugglers come through and they're powerless to stop it -- it a No Country for Old Men kind of thing.

The implication that favoring immigration reform means you're pro-MS13 is bull***** That's what I'm saying.
Canada2017
D. C. Bear said:

Canada2017 said:

Honest question(s) DC.

That is an interesting hypothetical question, why do you ask it? What do you mean by "amnesty?" Desiring to enter the United States is not a crime, at least not to the United States. Do you mean grant a visa of some sort?

Just was asking for your opinion after reading your earlier post.

'Amnesty ' is in grant residence to all illegals if they are children.

If we do....in your opinion.....what would be the impact on the numbers of children being brought to our southern border ? Stay the same, decrease, increase ?

Once we grant residency to the kids .....isn't it only right that we then have to grant residency to their parents ?

What in your opinion would the impact of that on the number of illegals coming to our border ? Increase , decrease or remain the same ?

D. C. Bear
Canada2017 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Canada2017 said:

Honest question(s) DC.

If we do....in your opinion.....what would be the impact on the numbers of children being brought to our southern border ? Stay the same, decrease, increase ?

Once we grant residency to the kids .....isn't it only right that we then have to grant residency to their parents ?

What in your opinion would the impact of that on the number of illegals coming to our border ? Increase , decrease or remain the same ?

I believe it would create a humanitarian disaster to grant residence to all children who showed up at our borders, or crossed our borders, without a valid visa to enter the United States.
GoneGirl
D. C. Bear said:

Canada2017 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Canada2017 said:

Honest question(s) DC.

I believe it would create a humanitarian disaster to grant residence to all children who showed up at our borders, or crossed our borders, without a valid visa to enter the United States
We already had it when unaccompanied childrenpoured over the border in 2013-14. https://www.brookings.edu/blog/up-front/2014/07/02/the-surge-in-unaccompanied-children-from-central-america-a-humanitarian-crisis-at-our-border/
bubbadog
Trump saying today he will sign an executive order to end family separations. So I guess his hands really weren't tied after all.
Doc Holliday
bubbadog said:

Trump saying today he will sign an executive order to end family separations. So I guess his hands really weren't tied after all.
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." ~ John Adams
Florda_mike
Doc Holliday said:

Canada2017 said:

This 100%.

The lefties on here won't admit that, but they know deep down inside that this is exactly what's happening.

It's just all about more democrat voters

As they hemorrhage losses of voters that are wising up to the democrat plantation scam they've got to replace those losses. Where best to get them than non English speaking uneducated unemployable? Then they've gotta just keep these new voters dumbed down and on welfare to keep them on the democrat plantation. Viscious perpetual cycle for democrats as their policies are unsustainable

Democrats kill hopes and dreams by design
D. C. Bear
bubbadog said:

What happens after 20 days? I read somewhere a consent decree from years ago would come into effect the executive order wouldn't be valid after that. Don't have any idea if that is true or fake news.
bubbadog
D. C. Bear said:

bubbadog said:

What happens after 20 days? I read somewhere a consent decree from years ago would come into effect the executive order wouldn't be valid after that. Don't have any idea if that is true or fake news.
Don't know. I don't think the order has been signed yet. Guess we'll have to see what it actually says.
Jack and DP
PartyBear
He is a liar. Just yesterday he said he could do nothing about this policy he chose. Today he backed down.
Booray
He did the right thing albeit belatedly. Good for him.
D. C. Bear
PartyBear said:

He is a liar. Just yesterday he said he could do nothing about this policy he chose. Today he backed down.

He lies about stuff on a regular basis, but can a president unilaterally cancel a consent decree?
Booray
I would imagine he could direct the Justice Department to seek temporary relief from the decree.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.