CAB makes appearance at UH fball practice

15,222 Views | 146 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by xiledinok
boognish_bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
CAB has got a pretty big smile on his face walking around the practice field.

Applewhite explains that this is about family. Applewhite says he's a father himself and he would want to be able to watch his son coach. Also he explains that CAB is a former UH coach and player and parent of UH students.

I don't think that's gonna be enough to pacify social media's impending judgement

boognish_bear
RegentCoverup
there really isn't any reason to let Brenda Tracy or Rachel Baribeau on a college campus. They work for ESPN. They need the college athletes to make a business. If you let them on campus, you take the risk of having them run to the media and demand your resignation.

Teaching young people ethics and morality isn't the domain of radical feminists. A testimonial story is very persuasive, but there are locally qualified people for that. Amy Cotner at Penn State does the same service, she has Ph.d and knows Title IX as well. A victims testimonial is good, but it lacks practical advice and clearly there is a professionalism issue. This is where the game needs to push back on the media. You can't let ESPN continue to destroy amateur athletics by letting them exploit stories. ESPN isn't remotely concerned about victims. .

This social justice warrior knee jerk commentary will die when AD's figure out they're handing them the knives.
This site leaks private information to Baylor Regents and Administration
Timbear
Way to go, Art. You are a person, and this is a free country. Thanks for not being cowed and intimidated by those who want to use you to cover up for their misdeeds.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

there really isn't any reason to let Brenda Tracy or Rachel Baribeau on a college campus. They work for ESPN. They need the college athletes to make a business. If you let them on campus, you take the risk of having them run to the media and demand your resignation.

There are better qualified people that can speak to young people, who don't have the political agenda. Teaching young people ethics and morality isn't the domain of radical feminists. A testimonial story is very persuasive, but there are women all around that can do that(sadly) and it needs more than just an edge of guilt.

Amy Cotner at Penn State does the same service, she has Ph.d and knows Title IX as well. A victims testimonial is good, but it lacks practical advice and clearly there is a professionalism issue. This is where the game needs to push back on the media. You can't let ESPN continue to destroy amateur athletics by letting them exploit stories. ESPN isn't remotely concerned about victims. .

Any AD that let's her on their campus deserves what they get. This is becoming predictable.

Doesn't Rachel work for Fox?
RegentCoverup
I thought she made money from both. But she's consistently been a supporter of BT, so I lump them together.

I could live with them sharing their stories, but I don't remember electing either of them to a position of power over a university, and that's any university.

If we're going to let them have an outsized opinion, let's just let some Antifa people protest too..
Brian Ethridge
Staff
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

I thought she made money from both. But she's consistently been a supporter of BT, so I lump them together.

I could live with them sharing their stories, but I don't remember electing either of them to a position of power over a university, and that's any university.

If we're going to let them have an outsized opinion, let's just let some Antifa people protest too..
I could see both being back on campus, maybe all three.
DTBear
Kendal's preseason press conference was really impressive. You can just tell he is going to be a great head coach one day. It is on the UH youtube.

boognish_bear

Jacques Strap
The ticket purchasing UH football fans that don't care at all about this vastly outnumber the people (most of whom are not ticket purchasing UH football fans) who will be triggered by this.
OnField6158
All these tweets are disgusting, just more disingenuous reporting and virtue signaling.
RegentCoverup
Brian Ethridge said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

I could see both being back on campus, maybe all three.
Anything can happen. I just don't think of these people as authorities.

They're free to speak their hearts out, but ultimately they're just cashing checks on college football.
BUBear24
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

There are better qualified people that can speak to young people, who don't have the political agenda.

Amy Cotner at Penn State does the same service, she has Ph.d and knows Title IX as well. A victims testimonial is good, but it lacks practical advice and clearly there is a professionalism issue. This is where the game needs to push back on the media. You can't let ESPN continue to destroy amateur athletics.

Any AD that let's her on their campus deserves what they get.

At least Rachel has been nothing but a giant vocal supporter of Baylor and Rhule it's nice having someone whose on national syndicated radio in our corner.
RegentCoverup
BUBear24 said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

There are better qualified people that can speak to young people, who don't have the political agenda.

Amy Cotner at Penn State does the same service, she has Ph.d and knows Title IX as well. A victims testimonial is good, but it lacks practical advice and clearly there is a professionalism issue. This is where the game needs to push back on the media. You can't let ESPN continue to destroy amateur athletics.

Any AD that let's her on their campus deserves what they get.

At least Rachel has been nothing but a giant vocal supporter of Baylor and Rhule it's nice having someone whose on national syndicated radio in our corner.

I hear what you're saying. And I'm not saying don't bring Rachel back to speak.
Just saying they hurt a very important cause by mixing it with radical feminist politics and football.

It wasn't long ago that universities were the ones that were dropping bucketloads of condoms on campus and telling kids about free love and telling everyone to get laid. So forgive me for being skeptical.

Now it's women are victims. I'm sure these ladies were victims, just saying that solutions involve a multitude of view points. If anything is gonna change, imaking it all about football dooms it to failure, IMO.
LateSteak69
Said this many times, but BT is a terrible advocate for her cause. she does way more harm than good, has no credibility based on who she chooses to support vs who she chooses to tear down (Urban, Jimbo, Stoops), and refuses to look or investigate both sides of the stories/schools she tags along with.

Its awful that she had to go through what she did, but as it turns out she is just a cold hearted *******.
xiledinok
Brenda is a for profit operation.
Brenda would be a big enough idiot to believe UH would set the expectation in anything.
Someone's kid is looking up to Major. You will not even see that occurrence at Texas.

7-11 does not have TVs to watch in their stores. Their employees would never have a chance to watch Brenda and OTL at noon unless they worked the late shift at the 24 hour store.
whitetrash
xiledinok said:

Brenda would be a big enough idiot to believe UH would set the expectation in anything.
Someone's kid is looking up to Major. You will not even see that occurrence at Texas.

7-11 does not have TVs to watch in their stores. Their employees would never have a chance to watch Brenda and OTL at noon unless they worked the late shift at the 24 hour store.
They have magazines for sale under the counter. They don't need to watch BT to see fake t*tties.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
whitetrash said:

xiledinok said:

They have magazines for sale under the counter. They don't need to watch BT to see fake t*tties.

Under the counter? They're in plain sight.
xiledinok
whitetrash said:

xiledinok said:

You mean her sweet and charming personality does not win them over? You would think in Houston they would see plenty of fat big titty moms at the 7-11 counter and wouldn't even have to look at the magazine rack. I would think the 7-11 checkout would be a good place to find a Brenda.
Forest Bueller
boognish_bear said:

The man is not a pariah, nor is he probably a worse person than this lady who is sitting in smug condemnation of him.

At some point you have to just say enough is enough and live your life. Catering and cow towing to the "guilty until proven innocent" or even "guilty still when proven innocent" crowd, will never profit or accomplish anything.
BoonDockSaint
These freaks are going to keep on until UH admin bans Art from Campus or even going to a game
Forest Bueller
boognish_bear said:

This woman is just flat out scum. Vindictive, unforgiving, agenda drive.

Also as I've said before she doesn't give a **** about reconciliation, it's all about the Benjamins with her.
MilliVanilli
#NotOurProblem

At least this isn't our problem, although Baylor's name inevitably gets drug into it.
OnField6158
MilliVanilli said:

#NotOurProblem

At least this isn't our problem, although Baylor's name inevitably gets drug into it.
Of course it does, gotta get that sweet advertising money from all the article clicks.
REX
To answer BT's question I would give anything to have my father come to my work
xiledinok
BoonDockSaint said:

These freaks are going to keep on until UH admin bans Art from Campus or even going to a game

She has a fanbase that is undisciplined, lazy and will not hold her accountable. She doesn't even bring a pamphlet to her speeches to hand out and phone number to learn more or use as a resource.

If only Patty and the WR coach didn't confront her. She had no business being around after the speech was over. After the speech, grab her and get some food to stuff in her mouth while letting her give administration her two cents before going home.
boognish_bear
Guess she'll be taking her work at UH off her resume

xiledinok
boognish_bear said:

The tweet above looks like Art's appearance has the faculty pissed off. There's your issue.
jackets320
Oh the horror!

How long is BT's sentence of non persona grata for CAB?

It's been long enough for me
57Bear

boognish_bear
Looks like CCM is working with her again

BU'77
xiledinok said:

boognish_bear said:

The tweet above looks like Art's appearance has the faculty pissed off. There's your issue.
Brenda should've gotten it in writing. Too bad, so sad...
boognish_bear
This is actually making far less of a media splash then I thought it would have.

Maybe he is turning into old scandal news with Urban and Maryland coach in the news
whitetrash
boognish_bear said:

Looks like CCM is working with her again

Walmart stock jumped 9% today so they are flush with extra $$$ in NW Arkansas to pay her fee.
Jacques Strap
I kinda wish the UH head coach would tweet something like "all of our coaches and players are welcome to have their family members visit our practices."

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.