Linda Livingstone sells out and sneaks Ramsower back into administration

837 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Stranger
How long do you want to ignore this user?

from Our Daily Bears

Former Baylor COO Reagan Ramsower Has New Post in "The Office of the President"

Bears for Leadership reform says this news is "disturbing."

By Ohio Baylor Fan on August 16, 2018 1:54 pm

According to KWTX News, Reagan Ramsower is "assisting President Livingstone on an as-needed basis as part of the transition period for the university's new chief business officer." They report Lori Fogelman as saying: "Dr. Ramsower is helping with the establishment of theEnterprise Resource Planning System with Human Resources. He has a long history with IT and the financial side and can help the transition at Baylor," she said.

BU reform group calls former Baylor VP's new job title 'disturbing', kwtx, A Baylor reform group says the revelation that the school's former vice president and chief operating officer is serving as an adviser to the university's president is "disquieting and disturbing."
I'm a Bearbacker
cowboycwr
He must have threatened enough people that they gave him this job and tried to do it quietly so that he wouldn't flip and give up the dirt he has from all the years he was there. (Wasn't it like 25 or so?)

Stranger
A friend sent me this thought that brings up an interesting question on why Livingstone would bring Ramsower back . . .

"So with this recent news that RR is back in place....that got me wondering.....

We know that Willis got that 4th term on the BOR so he could have legal protections. We also know that RR was put back in the business school because he is close to retirement or was about to go on sabbatical.....with recent press noting RR knew of TE allegations yet kept him on campus, he'd need legal cover as an officer of Baylor....if he was a professor, would he be afforded the same legal cover as he would as an exec officer? Was this move because he might actually be called "defendant" in the future and might need the coverage?

Just wondering....Baylor gave a lame excuse for his move back to Pat Neff. "
I'm a Bearbacker
PartyBear
Xile may have revealed Baylor's operation on another thread by mistake the other day. You bury sex assault and obstruct. You have a big reward. If you allow law enforcement to get involved and do what is necessary, you are out. Then in Orewellian style spun as a pariah who never did a good job and was out of control blah blah

This appears to be potentially a complete credibility undermining move by Livingston, not sure what the hell she is thinking unless this has been ordered from the meddlers. I dont think a move this bad has been made by a Pres of Baylor since the Sloan era. This is at very minimum a huge PR gaffe.
Stranger
PartyBear said:

Xile may have revealed Baylor's operation on another thread by mistake the other day. You bury sex assault and obstruct. You have a big reward. If you allow law enforcement to get involved and do what is necessary, you are out. Then in Orewellian style spun as a pariah who never did a good job and was out of control blah blah

This appears to be potentially a complete credibility undermining move by Livingston, not sure what the hell she is thinking unless this has been ordered from the meddlers. I dont think a move this bad has been made by a Pres of Baylor since the Sloan era. This is at very minimum a huge PR gaffe.

This may have more to do with covering Baylor's rear than protecting Ramsower.

I'm a Bearbacker
drahthaar
Stranger said:

PartyBear said:

Big possibility there!
Personally, I think it's time Baylor, Livingstone and Allison teamed with the Texas AG/Rangers/DPS to make those directly involved the defendants rather than allow the university to provide cover for them. This sexual assault business has been around a long time and is not some new problem at BU. Gut 'em all.
twd74
Stranger said:

PartyBear said:

Keeping him within the confines of a Baylor NDA? Not that Ramsower would go full Omarosa on old BU would he?
whitetrash
And now he gone.

At least from the online org chart.

http://www.kwtx.com/content/news/BU-reform-group-calls-former-Baylor-VPs-new-job-title-disturbing-490974311.html
xiledinok
Stranger said:

PartyBear said:

I believe they are going to keep him happy. I would not be surprised if they gave him an Authenic Baylor University thank you letter. Same paper stock as the former head coach's letter.

Omarosa and RR have a great deal in common and so do the people who hired them.
RR aka Dark Vader could smoke some fake Lilly white asses? How would he not do damage? The former regime and the current rogue and former rogue regents cannot get away from the scandal.

Party, I used Lace Dunn to remind everyone that Ian knew about bad behavior and fostered the all clear. I praised Drew because I knew it would make most board posters go off their rails. I don't believe there are any Lilly White college basketball coaches.
Forest Bueller
Stranger said:

from Our Daily Bears

According to KWTX News, Reagan Ramsower is "assisting President Livingstone on an as-needed basis as part of the transition period for the university's new chief business officer." They report Lori Fogelman as saying: "Dr. Ramsower is helping with the establishment of theEnterprise Resource Planning System with Human Resources. He has a long history with IT and the financial side and can help the transition at Baylor," she said.

BU reform group calls former Baylor VP's new job title 'disturbing', kwtx, A Baylor reform group says the revelation that the school's former vice president and chief operating officer is serving as an adviser to the university's president is "disquieting and disturbing."
That codger must have a lot of dirt on a lot of people.
Stranger
Forest Bueller said:

Stranger said:

from Our Daily Bears

You ain't wrong there, neighbor. If you only knew what was on his record years ago and he still survives.

He is to be respected.
I'm a Bearbacker
NoBSU
Stranger said:

Forest Bueller said:

Stranger said:

from Our Daily Bears

You ain't wrong there, neighbor. If you only knew what was on his record years ago and he still survives.

He is to be respected.
I suspect there is a lot of stuff buried and they have to keep control of it. I also don't think this is just about sexual assault. If you get your information from this free board, then you focus on this being a back-and-forth tennis match on Administration BOR bad or Briles/Ian bad on sexual assault. That is the Texas Monthly/ESPN/DMN framed story. They are clueless so why are you all trying to play their game? The current Briles path is dangerous. Engel and KWTX are fed enough to push blame on the Administration. His people must think that the regents can't push back without really hurting Baylor. A very dangerous game for Baylor here.
PartyBear
I was speaking of sex assault generally as a campus wide issue. If someone doesn't obstruct and cover it up it doesn't help Baylor look like it has an image from 1952. Police involvement and prosecutions for any major crime or minor crime hurts a 1952 image that doesn't even exist except in the heads of some idiots who happen to be in charge.
Stranger
So has anyone determined if Ramsower was, in fact, fired this time or was he just shuffled off to the business school again where he enjoyed the protection of tenure?

And speaking of tenure, does anyone know the status of Tommye Lou? Her sabbatical should have expired by now but last report had her occupying an office in the Carroll Science Building and drawing a check.

No wonder Baylor never gets better.
I'm a Bearbacker
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
NoBSU said:

Stranger said:

Forest Bueller said:

Stranger said:

from Our Daily Bears

He is to be respected.
I suspect there is a lot of stuff buried and they have to keep control of it. I also don't think this is just about sexual assault. If you get your information from this free board, then you focus on this being a back-and-forth tennis match on Administration BOR bad or Briles/Ian bad on sexual assault. That is the Texas Monthly/ESPN/DMN framed story. They are clueless so why are you all trying to play their game? The current Briles path is dangerous. Engel and KWTX are fed enough to push blame on the Administration. His people must think that the regents can't push back without really hurting Baylor. A very dangerous game for Baylor here.
Unfortunately, Baylor created this game and did not leave themselves with any good options. Kinda like a game of Russian Roulette with five bullets in the chamber.

If true about Livingstone, I am disappointed but not surprised. I am sure like most of her predecessors that she is just following marching orders.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.