Admiral McRaven to Trump: you have embarrassed and humiliated us

3,358 Views | 62 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by corncob pipe
cinque
How long do you want to ignore this user?
He asked Trump to revoke his security clearance. I guess he's part of the deep state too.

William McRaven, a retired Navy admiral who served as commander of the U.S. Joint Special Operations Command from 2011 to 2014, wrote an opinion piece for The Washington Post Thursday asking President Trump to revoke his security clearance in solidarity with former CIA director James Brennan, who had his security clearance revoked Wednesday. McRaven oversaw the 2011 Navy SEAL raid in Pakistan that killed al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden.

McRaven called Brennan "one of the finest public servants I have ever known," saying "his honesty and character have never been in question, except by those who don't know him."

"Therefore, I would consider it an honor if you would revoke my security clearance as well, so I can add my name to the list of men and women who have spoken up against your presidency," McRaven wrote. He also criticized the president, saying that he did not possess necessary qualities of a good leader.

"Through your actions, you have embarrassed us in the eyes of our children, humiliated us on the world stage and, worst of all, divided us as a nation," McRaven wrote. "If you think for a moment that your McCarthy-era tactics will suppress the voices of criticism, you are sadly mistaken."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/bin-laden-raid-william-mcraven-asks-trump-to-revoke-his-security-clearance/
Make Racism Wrong Again
cinque
McRaven is the recently retired chancellor of the UT System.
Make Racism Wrong Again
fubar
I've heard Admiral McRaven speak.

He put it about as bluntly as a person can. Well said, Admiral.
PartyBear
That is a patriot protecting his country.
cinque
Wonder if bone spurs will tweet negatively about the architect of UBL's takedown? He's "the BOSS", you know.
Make Racism Wrong Again
fubar
Don't you figure Cadet Bone Spurs is confused about what to do with Admiral McRaven? I mean, the guy is ASKING Agent Orange to revoke his clearance. I'm guessing McRaven is going to find a Super-dee-Duper Top Secret Clearance bestowed on him.

That'll show him.

(The trump kabobs chirping up with William McRaven should be stripped of his military retirement and investigated in 5 ...4 ... 3 ...)
syme
Who?
fubar
Oh looky! It's one of the playground kids who insist that black football players stand up when he says so in order to support the military!

Now in internet tough guy mode showing a complete lack of respect to a former naval officer ... who achieved the highest rank ... who eliminated Osama bin Laden as a threat to the world ... and who has done more for this country than pinheads like dude here could in 1000 lifetimes.

Good work!
contrario
The irony and hypocrisy is dripping in this thread. The same people that chanted "General Betray-us" are now defending former members of the military. What a bunch of bs.
PartyBear
I'm not going to call anyone a dip shxt but Contrario pay attention to these questions I ask dripoing with hypocrisy fubar as you say.

Hey fubar aren't you in the military? When did you call Petraeus Betray Us?
fubar
I'm former military. Never called General Petraeus by anything other than his name and rank.

contrario will have to look elsewhere for hypocrisy.

PartyBear
I have never seen Petraus called a name by anyone on this site or frankly anywhere else for that matter.
fubar
PartyBear said:

I have never seen Petraus called a name by anyone on this site or frankly anywhere else for that matter.
Me either, but it wouldn't surprise me.

contrario will be here, stat!, with examples ... I'm sure of it.
PartyBear
cinque said:

McRaven is the recently retired chancellor of the UT System.

Not to derail but why the hell does Baylor not ever hire this type of person to run Baylor?? Starr was a bit of a step in that type of direction even though at that time he was still remembered mainly for a ludicrous investigation.
J.R.
only time I'll utter....hookem
Reverend
I have a feeling our security will be just fine without McRaven and Brennan telling us how evil Trump is and how superior they are. Adios mofos.
fubar
The security we have today is due in large part to the work of men like McRaven and Brennan.

We should thank them. Not disparage them in an effort to prop up the current president.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
One man served his country, another man led parades, played basketball and baseball but bone spurs kept him at home.

I wonder which is more honest?
fubar
I hadn't thought of it previously, but it seems that Lieutenant Scheisskopf received another promotion. Now he's Commander in Chief.

And still ... the parade is postponed.
Mitch Blood Green
fubar said:

I hadn't thought of it previously, but it seems that Lieutenant Scheisskopf received another promotion. Now he's Commander in Chief.

And still ... the parade is postponed.

Looks like we saved $92 million. (For now)
Reverend
Isn't it wonderful that in our great country these great patriots can disparage the President in any way they please? Is it ok to call them buffoons if you disagree?
HuMcK
Canada2017
Free speech is often an illusion ......especially where one is employed.
fubar
Reverend said:

Isn't it wonderful that in our great country these great patriots can disparage the President in any way they please? Is it ok to call them buffoons if you disagree?
Of course. Have at it.

I make no claim to being a great patriot. I'm just a regular guy who spent a decade defending this wonderful country. I've earned the right to criticize Cadet Bone Spurs no more than anybody else has.

I hope to defend the Constitution. Nothing more.

Nothing less.
cinque
McRaven left nothing to the imagination in his sweeping put down of Trump:

"Like most Americans, I had hoped that when you became president, you would rise to the occasion and become the leader this great nation needs.

"A good leader tries to embody the best qualities of his or her organization.
A good leader sets the example for others to follow.
A good leader always puts the welfare of others before himself or herself.

"Your leadership, however, has shown little of these qualities.

Through your actions, you have embarrassed us in the eyes of our children, humiliated us on the world stage and, worst of all, divided us as a nation.

"If you think for a moment that your McCarthy-era tactics will suppress the voices of criticism, you are sadly mistaken. The criticism will continue until you become the leader we prayed you would be"
Make Racism Wrong Again
cinque
In your wildest dreams can you imagine increasing numbers of respected military leaders taking a Hillary Clinton administration to task in such a publicly disdainful way?
Make Racism Wrong Again
PartyBear
None of them would do it to a real President.
cowboycwr
Who?

And sure ok let's take his clearance.

Thank you for your service. You are clearly done serving so good bye. Don't let the door hit you on the way out. You have no more need to have a security clearance to even clean the floors at the Pentagon.

Buh bye.
Doc Holliday
And a General thinks quite the opposite.

I can't believe McRaven came out like that, supporting that piece of **** Brennan. Mcraven wants to be remembered as a man who stood alongside an admitted communist, who spied on the Senate, who lied to Congress, and who will be central to the biggest political scandal in our history. Well done moron- try being more like General Tata..

Gen. Tata: 'Communist John Brennan' Never Should Have Had a Security Clearance A 'clear and present danger' to the nation.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/08/16/gen-tata-communist-john-brennan-never-should-have-had-security-clearance-first-place
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." ~ John Adams
J.R.
HuMcK said:

This right here is really telling. These are well respected men from both political parties calling bull**** on Agent Orange and his pettiness.
HuMcK
J.R. said:

HuMcK said:

This right here is really telling. These are well respected men from both political parties calling bull**** on Agent Orange and his pettiness.

Agreed, basically every top echelon NatSec or IC person with the ability to have an independent voice is using it to sound the alarm about this President, these are precarious times.
Doc Holliday
What do you guys not understand about Brennan being part of the conspiracy to stop the president?
The evidence is OVERWHELMING.

In fact Trump is about to revoke Bruce Ohr's security clearance for his part in this whole ordeal.

You guys have no ****ing clue what is going on.
Be prepared for a rude awakening.
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." ~ John Adams
J.R.
Doc Holliday said:

What do you guys not understand about Brennan being part of the conspiracy to stop the president?

In fact Trump is about to revoke Bruce Ohr's security clearance for his part in this whole ordeal.

What do you not understand that Agent Orange is dirty as they come. He is the Swamp. He's only a half step ahead of the law. You ain't smart. That tin foil hat must have short circuited your brain.
Doc Holliday
J.R. said:

Doc Holliday said:

What do you not understand that Agent Orange is dirty as they come. He is the Swamp. He's only a half step ahead of the law. You ain't smart. That tin foil hat must have short circuited your brain.
Bruce Ohr communicated with Fusion GPS co-founder Glenn Simpson: he notes that Steele is "very concerned about Comey's firing, afraid they will be exposed."

So you tell me why would he's afraid of being exposed?
J.R.
so you are going to side with a draft dodging, pathological liar with no integrity, morals or leadership over these men who have given their lives in service of our country for service sake? Not me.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.