Free State of Jones

5,335 Views | 51 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Mitch Blood Green
Mitch Blood Green
How long do you want to ignore this user?
robby44 said:

tommie said:

Florda_mike said:

tommie said:

Anyone seen Blazing Saddles when the Republican townspeople hire a sheriff based on his qualifications and give him good, clean German booty?

Then the Democrat old lady says "up yours ******!"

Good diversion from OP?

Diversion? I thought this was movie talk.

Was Lili von Shtupp a Democrat?

I can't tell.

Midnight Rider
I wish I was as articulate as bubbadog.

Mitch Blood Green
Midnight Rider said:

He is badass. (I'm not that articulate).
bubbadog
Midnight Rider said:

It wears off when I'm sober.
cms186
Florda_mike said:

Midnight Rider said:

Who is Jim?

Just a condescending name

He doesn't mean it I'm sure
Arent you one of the guys who uses condescending names for cinque and jinx ALL the time? im not sure how you can have the temerity to complain about someone doing it to you

as to the OP, am i completely wrong in thinking that modern day Democrats and Republicans are basically the complete opposite of what they were in the past (so for old time republicans are now the democrats and vice versa?) im sure ive seen someone state that on here before
I'm the English Guy
Florda_mike
No
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Jim lives on a one way street.
I have found theres only two ways to go:
Living fast or dying slow.
I dont want to live forever.
But I will live while I'm here.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
http://factmyth.com/factoids/democrats-and-republicans-switched-platforms/

https://www.livescience.com/34241-democratic-republican-parties-switch-platforms.html

Jim often answers questions he doesnt know.

Most people realize over the years the parties have switched roles. In the 1800's, Republicans were the modern day social justice warriors. They also championed big and strong federal government and large socilistic projects. The dems, oth, represented local rather than federal power and opposed the republicans ideas of welfare, government funded national transportation projects and tax supported universities.
Florda_mike
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

http://factmyth.com/factoids/democrats-and-republicans-switched-platforms/

https://www.livescience.com/34241-democratic-republican-parties-switch-platforms.html

Jim often answers questions he doesnt know.

Most people realize over the years the parties have switched roles. In the 1800's, Republicans were the modern day social justice warriors. They also championed big and strong federal government and large socilistic projects. The dems, oth, represented local rather than federal power and opposed the republicans ideas of welfare, government funded national transportation projects and tax supported universities.

You're being fed fake news again young genius

Read thread

I know you won't believe me, but you can go back to read the long post Bubba wrote on 1st page that disputes yours

But .... who knows how much the facts have been twisted over the last 150-200 years if we've been blessed with "journalists" like we have today?

Have a good day
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
wow.
So you are saying :

The Republican party wasnt in favor of federal government, big business, large national projects like the transcontinental railroad, protective tarrifs for unions, a national currency/banking system, and social justice for minorities? And Democrats werent for local/state governments and against federalism and big goverment spending programs?

Bubba's well written and carefully thought out essay ends with the statement the Republican party and the Democratic party are nothing like what they were after the War for Southern Independence.

Jim Jim Jim. Moderation and self control is the key.
Florda_mike

wow.
So you are saying :

The Republican party wasnt in favor of federal government, big business, large national projects like the transcontinental railroad, protective tarrifs for unions, a national currency/banking system, and social justice for minorities? And Democrats werent for local/state governments and against federalism and big goverment spending programs?

Bubba's well written and carefully thought out essay ends with the statement the Republican party and the Democratic party are nothing like what they were after the War for Southern Independence.

God you're totally hopeless
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Is that condescending?
Florda_mike

Is that condescending?

Maybe if you know it's only meant for you, and not Mom?

What time is it where you are?
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
SON OF A B-TCH

Which word confused you?

Its 5::37 Sunday morning here. 12 time zones and daylight savings hour earlier than central Texas.

You are one of the biggest name callers on the boards yet you whine when others follow suit.

Jim have you thought about getting help?
Mitch Blood Green
Florda_mike said:

Is that condescending?

Maybe if you know it's only meant for you, and not Mom?

What time is it where you are?

Jim, you can insist that he calls you James.
quash
"A lucrative business" is another way of saying "the market works".
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
quash
Florda_mike said:

wow.
So you are saying :

Dude. LIQR's links support bubbadog's point. Things have changed humonguously since your movie.

And McConaughey has 3 movies in post-production.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Mitch Blood Green
quash said:

Florda_mike said:

wow.
So you are saying :

Dude. LIQR's links support bubbadog's point. Things have changed humonguously since your movie.

And McConaughey has 3 movies in post-production.

Have you seen the movie where the Republican, despite tremendous odds, gets into the university of Alabama and becomes a football star?

He has what appears to be a mental disability. Even so, after Alabama, he goes to Vietnam, gets metals for bravery, starts a shrimping company, it's a rousing success. Invents a a saying of the day, runs long distances and has a baby with a woman with Aids.

All while the Democrats tried to hold him back.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.