Suggestion for moderation

3,314 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by quash
EatMoreSalmon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Would it be possible to auto limit the number of times a poster can reply within the first 5-10 posts of their own thread? That could cut down on the few clowns on this board that like to push their yawn threads to the top of the forum so often. Let the real market decide what conversations deserve to stay relevant.

Moderation, by the way.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Good idea.

I would vote for one person, one sn also.

Some posters just talk to themselves under different names.
BaylorOkie
Both of those are great ideas.
cinque
EatMoreSalmon said:

Would it be possible to auto limit the number of times a poster can reply within the first 5-10 posts of their own thread? That could cut down on the few clowns on this board that like to push their yawn threads to the top of the forum so often. Let the real market decide what conversations deserve to stay relevant.

Moderation, by the way.
Why don't you limit the number of times you check the number of times a poster can reply within the first 5-10 posts of their threads?

Anti regulation by the way.
Make Racism Wrong Again
RegentCoverup
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

Good idea.

Someone care to explain the internet to the new guy.

You do realize this is virtually impossible, right?
This site leaks private information to Baylor Regents and Administration
quash
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Good idea.

How about you explain.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
EatMoreSalmon
cinque said:

EatMoreSalmon said:

Moderation, by the way.
Why don't you limit the number of times you check the number of times a poster can reply within the first 5-10 posts of their threads?

Anti regulation by the way.
The rooster crows and beats the wind with its wings.
quash
EatMoreSalmon said:

Moderation, by the way.

Laf. You're asking for regulation, not a market.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
LIB,MR BEARS
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Good idea.

This was suggested very early on. Al Gore was against it.
quash
LIB,MR BEARS said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Good idea.

Explain what is impossible and why. I don't get the point.
LIB,MR BEARS
quash said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Good idea.

Tongue in cheek. Al Gore invented the internet. He was against this option and didn't install it.

This can also be seen as an example of why I am a member of the typical working class and not a comedian ( certainly not a successful one )
quash
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Good idea.

What is impossible and why?
EatMoreSalmon
quash said:

EatMoreSalmon said:

Moderation, by the way.

So you wouldn't want the police to talk to your neighbor about their loud music at 2:00 in the morning? (After you had asked them to tone it down already, of course.)

A message board itself is not a market. It has a moderator for a reason. It needs to be enjoyable for the most people it can be in order to stay in the market made up of message boards. If it becomes too restrictive, it will lose its market share. If it becomes dominated by a few clowns, it will lose its market share.

While clowns are entertaining, even the circus limits their exposure to keep them from losing their entertainment value and becoming a nuisance.
quash
EatMoreSalmon said:

quash said:

EatMoreSalmon said:

Moderation, by the way.

So you wouldn't want the police to talk to your neighbor about their loud music at 2:00 in the morning? (After you had asked them to tone it down already, of course.)

A message board itself is not a market. It has a moderator for a reason. It needs to be enjoyable for the most people it can be in order to stay in the market made up of message boards. If it becomes too restrictive, it will lose its market share. If it becomes dominated by a few clowns, it will lose its market share.

While clowns are entertaining, even the circus limits their exposure to keep them from losing their entertainment value and becoming a nuisance.

I want a free exchange of ideas. You want a curated board. Try the comments section at Foxnews.com.
EatMoreSalmon
quash said:

EatMoreSalmon said:

quash said:

EatMoreSalmon said:

Moderation, by the way.

I want a free exchange of ideas. You want a curated board. Try the comments section at Foxnews.com.
Sorry, I don't go to the extremes and act like extreme choices are all there are when having a conversation.
cowboycwr
quash said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Good idea.

Are you serious with this?
quash
cowboycwr said:

quash said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Good idea.

That's why I keep asking.
quash
EatMoreSalmon said:

quash said:

EatMoreSalmon said:

quash said:

EatMoreSalmon said:

Moderation, by the way.

Sorry, I don't go to the extremes and act like extreme choices are all there are when having a conversation.

That has nothing to do with requesting a more restrictively moderated board.
cowboycwr
quash said:

cowboycwr said:

quash said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Good idea.

Ok. There really is no way to tell if one person has multiple screen names. They could use different emails and different devices for each. Yes it is a bit cumbersome for them but nothing really stops them.
quash
cowboycwr said:

quash said:

cowboycwr said:

quash said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Good idea.

Ok. There really is no way to tell if one person has multiple screen names. They could use different emails and different devices for each. Yes it is a bit cumbersome for them but nothing really stops them.
Thanks.
quash
EatMoreSalmon said:

Moderation, by the way.
Would you like to amend your moderation request to include cornstove and his monkeyshines? Or is the bumping of dozens of threads just the market at work?
EatMoreSalmon
quash said:

EatMoreSalmon said:

Moderation, by the way.
Would you like to amend your moderation request to include cornstove and his monkeyshines? Or is the bumping of dozens of threads just the market at work?
I don't believe I mentioned any particular posters. I expect the terms to apply to all. But thanks for asking so that could be made clear to you.
Canada2017

Good idea.

1. One person one sn.
2. Limit the number of posts per individual to 10 within 24 hours.
3. Limit the number of threads created by an individual within 24 hours to 3.

Would open this board to more-different people with potentially fresh perspectives.

As it stands now almost everyone can predict the various responses of everyone else regardless of the topic.
quash
EatMoreSalmon said:

quash said:

EatMoreSalmon said:

Moderation, by the way.
I don't believe I mentioned any particular posters. I expect the terms to apply to all. But thanks for asking so that could be made clear to you.

It's not the poster it's the tactic. Where do you stand on bumping dozens of threads, restrict them? Ban the bumper?

I'd say do nothing.
EatMoreSalmon
quash said:

EatMoreSalmon said:

quash said:

EatMoreSalmon said:

Moderation, by the way.

It's not the poster it's the tactic. Where do you stand on bumping dozens of threads, restrict them? Ban the bumper?

I'd say do nothing.
I believe the original request will naturally slow the tactic you mention. Discourteous posters beget more discourteous posters. They feed on each other.

I do prefer that the one poster cabals were weedable back to one screen name per cabal. Would be (is?) a constant battle to keep down those multi-account posters, but conversations are easier and more sane when there is one name per person.
syme
quash said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Good idea.

My guess is this site goes from banning accounts to then banning IPs. But if someone was determined to share their brilliance here they could use a Proxy, vpn, or TOR.
cowboycwr
Canada2017 said:

Good idea.

1. One person one sn.
2. Limit the number of posts per individual to 10 within 24 hours.
3. Limit the number of threads created by an individual within 24 hours to 3.

Would open this board to more-different people with potentially fresh perspectives.

As it stands now almost everyone can predict the various responses of everyone else regardless of the topic.
1- there really is no way to do this
2- I would say a little higher than 10. This is my 4th post this morning and 3 of them were replies to people who specifically addressed me.
3- This I could get behind.
corncob pipe
how about posters limited to creating one thread every 24 hours

LOL

children of the corn
ValhallaBear
quash said:

EatMoreSalmon said:

quash said:

EatMoreSalmon said:

Moderation, by the way.

I'd say do nothing.
quash
ValhallaBear said:

quash said:

EatMoreSalmon said:

quash said:

EatMoreSalmon said:

Moderation, by the way.

I'd say do nothing.

My preference for not restricting bothers you?
corncob pipe
Hit the road quash.. America needs ball bearings and sprockets... more than your bitter commentary
quash
corncob pipe said:

Hit the road quash.. America needs ball bearings and sprockets... more than your bitter commentary

If you find bitterness you brought it with you.
ValhallaBear
quash said:

ValhallaBear said:

quash said:

EatMoreSalmon said:

quash said:

EatMoreSalmon said:

Moderation, by the way.

I'd say do nothing.

My preference for not restricting bothers you?
Wait for Mueller's report
corncob pipe
HURRY Special "Republican" Counselor Mueller Hurry !!!!
ValhallaBear
Roy Moore is definitely a pedo
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.