Elizabeth Warren is 0.098% Native American

22,573 Views | 233 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Golem
Jack Bauer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
And she actually embraces it....

Doc Holliday
This is a case of ACTUAL cultural appropriation.
Jack Bauer
"LeBron James made 0.098% of his shots taken, providing strong evidence he belongs in the Hall of Fame"

Doc Holliday
Jack Bauer
This would be like Trump's tax returns showing he paid $500 in taxes as "strong evidence" he is a taxpayer.

I think this is the sign Warren is planning her run for 2020 and she wants to get this out early.
riflebear
Cut that in half since she's 1/1000th.
And to think she claimed 'minority' status over this? If that's the case, I can claim minority status for just about every race.

whitetrash
Doc Holliday
The report actually says shes a tiny part Colombian, Mexican or Peruvian lol

She's a Pretendian.
whitetrash
Doc Holliday said:

That means she is either part coffee bean or part coca leaf.
Doc Holliday
whitetrash said:

Doc Holliday said:

That means she is either part coffee bean or part coca leaf.
Or part cartel.
Doc Holliday

cowboycwr
That small of an amount seems like it would be a statistical error not proof of anything.

Or the amount of DNA you would expect to see in a person from a group of known nomads over the last 1,000 years.
syme
Embarrassing she's actually trying to spike the football on this one. Having all this done only shows she recognizes it's a problem for her.
cowboycwr
Wasn't it the Democratic party that came up with the one drop rule???? And now they want to apply it again to PROVE ancestry........
Jack Bauer
syme said:

Embarrassing she's actually trying to spike the football on this one. Having all this done only shows she recognizes it's a problem for her.
This is like spiking the ball after scoring a touchdown in the other team's end zone https://t.co/DdIOLb3Crn

Allie Beth Stuckey (@conservmillen) October 15, 2018

Doc Holliday
This is the genius of Trump that most people don't understand yet.
He gets his enemies so riled up and beside themselves that they retaliate in embarrassing fashion.

Dude's a stable genius.

She's about as Native American as croissants.
Trump got her to jump through a hoop just like he did Obama.
riflebear
Ouch

whitetrash
riflebear said:

Ouch

Cherokee Nation will return....

syme
Doc Holliday said:

Which means she has statistically less Native American DNA than the average white American. What was she thinking with this?
syme
Worst part is this wasn't leaked, she was actually proud to claim .098% NA because she knew the media would have her back.
Doc Holliday
syme said:

Worst part is this wasn't leaked, she was actually proud to claim .098% NA because she knew the media would have her back.
Exactly. This should tell people everything they need to know.
corncob pipe
Trump has a PhD in owning the Libs. Who else could've pushed a major Party presidential candidate to actually release to the press that she's, possibly, 1/1024 Native American?
GoldenBear007
This feels like something straight out of an Onion article, but no, this is real life. Warren is a fraud.
midgett
Cher just released an update:

My great-great-great-great-great-great-
Great-great-great grandfather married a 1/2 Cherokee
Democratic people are now ashamed of me
The Indians said I was white by law
The Trump Man always called me "Fauxcahontus"
1/1000th breed, that's all I ever heard
1/1000th breed, how I learned to hate the word
1/1000th breed, she's no good they warned
Honest people were against me since the day I was a Harvard minority
We never settled, was I white or red or brown
When you're not welcome you do all you can to take Trump down
The Trumpster has always laughed at me
"Give her a feather, she's 1/1000th Cherokee"
I was accepted and I felt no shame
Six years in the Senate, tell me who's to blame
My life since then has been from lie to lie
But I can't run away from what I am
Redbrickbear
syme said:

Yep and she was correct

All day nothing but main stream news articles about how this "owns" Trump.

I seriously don't think we are living in two different Americas now but more like two different realities.
Osodecentx
A joke

Whatever she was trying to do she just made worse
Canada2017
Good Lord.....there is no way to spin it.

The gal ain't no 'Native American ' .

Hell my dog has more right to the 'claim'.
Ludwig von Missi
Mitch Blood Green
Jack Bauer said:

This would be like Trump's tax returns showing he paid $500 in taxes as "strong evidence" he is a taxpayer.

I think this is the sign Warren is planning her run for 2020 and she wants to get this out early.

She's said she's exploring.
90sBear
I don't know if this is actually working out for her the way she wanted. I'm seeing a lot of criticism from a variety of sources including several Native American organizations.
midgett
Here she claims her father's parents wouldn't let her marry her mother because she was part Cherokee and part Delaware. Stop it!

Waco1947
Appeal to ridicule is a type of appeal to emotion, a logical fallacy which seeks to instill a particular emotion in the readers rathole than address the intended issue. The appeal to ridicule, which is also called reductio ad ridiculum, or more strangely the Horse laugh. That name is ridiculous, as this fallacy has nothing in common with horses (who spend most of their time grazing in the pastures and don't give two dumps about debating,) and any laugh one may get is a sort of fabricated Schadenfreude that has been engineered solely to make your target look like an idiot. The biggest difference from humor/satire is that humor is funny, and while appealing to ridicule is funny for those who oppose the targeted opinion/group, it makes those guilty look like dickholes. The formula goes like this:
* I don't agree with X.
* Therefore, X is stupid and deserves my mockery and ridicule
* Oh I know! I think I'll make an entire website that ridicules X and calls adherents of X a bunch of nasty names for everyone who agrees with me to laugh at to make themselves feel powerful! That's definitely the most rationalthing to do.
This can be a difficult fallacy to avoid, as some people are clearly very uninformed, and pointing out their stupidity is a very tempting thing.

* 1 Who uses this?
Everyone. Because face it, it's fun to laugh at people you don't like. I'll show them I'm a smarter person than them with my blunt honesty and delightfully cruel wit! Anyone with half a brain will laugh, it'll be a very swell time!
Waco1947
90sBear
https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/15/opinions/elizabeth-warren-native-heritage-where-has-she-been-moya-smith/index.html

"When we needed her, she didn't lace up. She didn't show up. It's not enough to claim to be Native. You must also be there for your people, be a part of the community, and not only when it's convenient or when you want something -- like the presidency"

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/cherokee-nation-elizabeth-warren-dna-test-inappropriate_us_5bc50e4de4b0d38b587060a1

Chuck Hoskin Jr., secretary of state of the Cherokee Nation, said Warren was "undermining tribal interests with her continued claims of tribal heritage."

"A DNA test is useless to determine tribal citizenship," Hoskin said. "Current DNA tests do not even distinguish whether a person's ancestors were indigenous to North or South America. Sovereign tribal nations set their own legal requirements for citizenship, and while DNA tests can be used to determine lineage, such as paternity to an individual, it is not evidence for tribal affiliation. Using a DNA test to lay claim to any connection to the Cherokee Nation or any tribal nation, even vaguely, is inappropriate and wrong."

He added, "It makes a mockery out of DNA tests and its legitimate uses while also dishonoring legitimate tribal governments and their citizens, whose ancestors are well documented and whose heritage is proven."
303Bear
Waco1947 said:

Appeal to ridicule is a type of appeal to emotion, a logical fallacy which seeks to instill a particular emotion in the readers rathole than address the intended issue. The appeal to ridicule, which is also called reductio ad ridiculum, or more strangely the Horse laugh. That name is ridiculous, as this fallacy has nothing in common with horses (who spend most of their time grazing in the pastures and don't give two dumps about debating,) and any laugh one may get is a sort of fabricated Schadenfreude that has been engineered solely to make your target look like an idiot. The biggest difference from humor/satire is that humor is funny, and while appealing to ridicule is funny for those who oppose the targeted opinion/group, it makes those guilty look like dickholes. The formula goes like this:
* I don't agree with X.
* Therefore, X is stupid and deserves my mockery and ridicule
* Oh I know! I think I'll make an entire website that ridicules X and calls adherents of X a bunch of nasty names for everyone who agrees with me to laugh at to make themselves feel powerful! That's definitely the most rationalthing to do.
This can be a difficult fallacy to avoid, as some people are clearly very uninformed, and pointing out their stupidity is a very tempting thing.

* 1 Who uses this?
Everyone. Because face it, it's fun to laugh at people you don't like. I'll show them I'm a smarter person than them with my blunt honesty and delightfully cruel wit! Anyone with half a brain will laugh, it'll be a very swell time!

Objection, non-responsive. If you are going to blanket threads with logic lessons, at least try to apply them correctly.

Forest Bueller
Jack Bauer said:

And she actually embraces it....

"Our Heritage"??

So a trace from some long ago ancestor, a possible trace, is now Heritage.

What a looney bin, all these tests prove is she has been lying all along about this deep native American connection. There is virtually nothing there.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.