Fantastic article explaining SPYGATE for those out of the loop

8,756 Views | 87 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by riflebear
Doc Holliday
How long do you want to ignore this user?

It is a lot to take in.
It's not conspiracy theory.
This story has been developing for quite some time at this point.
There is a tremendous amount of stonewalling and refusal to be transparent.

Read up and get the facts:

https://www.theepochtimes.com/spygate-the-true-story-of-collusion_2684629.html
riflebear

Big testimonies this Thursday & Friday assuming they don't take the 5th too.

Edmond Bear

From media bias fact check - https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-epoch-times/

The Epoch Times is right-center biased.

These media sources are slightly to moderately conservative in bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor conservative causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation. See all Right-Center sources.

Factual Reporting: HIGH
Doc Holliday
riflebear said:

Big testimonies this Thursday & Friday assuming they don't take the 5th too.

It is about time that the GOP learned that October surprises aren't just the province of the Democrats.
Doc Holliday
Watch:

Doc Holliday
Trump understands that the Mueller probe is political case against Trump, not a criminal collusion case against Trump.

It's to politically damage him in order to make a case for impeachment.

If Mueller can arrest enough people for jaywalking, taxi cab confessions, tax evasion from 10 years ago: things that have nothing to do with Trump...Democrats think it will hemorrhage support for him.

It's not working AT ALL LOL. Trump's approval is up at 50+%.

The ACE in the hole that Trump has is declassification which shows that Mueller's whole operation is a hoax.

Of course POTUS could have used that, but he doesn't need to. If his approval rating was way down and midterms were looking bad for the GOP...then yeah. But he doesn't need it.

So he's using it as leverage over Mueller's boss Rosenstein.
Rosenstein does not wan't you to see what's in those reports...because he was a key player in the DOJ info laundering operation.

The minute Trump declassifies...Trump's leverage is gone. So this is a political fight altogether.
Doc Holliday
Get caught up guys because it's starting to unfold!

riflebear
This is what happens when you put the swamp in charge of investigating the swamp.

riflebear
Doc Holliday
Doc Holliday
riflebear
I really hope he becomes Speaker

riflebear
This is why they should have opened up a 2nd special counsel investigation a year ago. This IG investigation is just smoke & mirrors w/ no prosecutorial power. Plus, it's still all the deep state leaders w/ their hands all over this just trying to run out the clock.

Doc Holliday
Sessions will be fired next month. No worries.
riflebear
Gunny Hartman
riflebear said:

This is why they should have opened up a 2nd special counsel investigation a year ago. This IG investigation is just smoke & mirrors w/ no prosecutorial power. Plus, it's still all the deep state leaders w/ their hands all over this just trying to run out the clock.

Everyone should read this article from this past March. It might change your mind on the desire to have a second special counsel. Fascinating stuff from a renowned expert on government investigations.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2018/03/31/turley-sessions-using-utah-federal-prosecutor-much-better-trump-2nd-special-counsel/
Gunny Hartman
Doc Holliday said:

Perhaps, but I'm not so sure about that. Remember that if Trump is anything, he is a master gamesman. If he's really got Sessions at work draining the Swamp and the media and Democrats think he's making a lot of headway, they will attack Sessions relentlessly. So by Trump continually criticizing him, it's caused the media to step up in his defense with shrill cries of OBSTRUCTION because they take the bait like they always do, thereby taking all the pressure and negative attention off Sessions so he can do his job.
Doc Holliday
Gunny Hartman said:

Doc Holliday said:

Perhaps, but I'm not so sure about that. Remember that if Trump is anything, he is a master gamesman. If he's really got Sessions at work draining the Swamp and the media and Democrats think he's making a lot of headway, they will attack Sessions relentlessly. So by Trump continually criticizing him, it's caused the media to step up in his defense because they take the bait like they always do, thereby taking all the pressure and negative attention off Sessions so he can do his job.
That is a possibility.

There is also a chance that Sessions was part of the insurance policy (Mueller's investigation), and that's why he recused himself immediately.
riflebear
Gunny Hartman said:

riflebear said:

Everyone should read this article from this past March. It might change your mind on the desire to have a second special counsel. Fascinating stuff from a renowned expert on government investigations.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2018/03/31/turley-sessions-using-utah-federal-prosecutor-much-better-trump-2nd-special-counsel/

The nice thing is there has been no leaks from Utah but unless they are about to blow a huge story it's done very little. I do agree most people think special counsels are bad for the country and many said there never should have been one against Trump. Just a bipartisan investigation all things Russia. But we know now why that didn't happen. I just hope there's equal justice for both sides.
Gunny Hartman
Doc Holliday said:

Gunny Hartman said:

Doc Holliday said:

Perhaps, but I'm not so sure about that. Remember that if Trump is anything, he is a master gamesman. If he's really got Sessions at work draining the Swamp and the media and Democrats think he's making a lot of headway, they will attack Sessions relentlessly. So by Trump continually criticizing him, it's caused the media to step up in his defense because they take the bait like they always do, thereby taking all the pressure and negative attention off Sessions so he can do his job.
That is a possibility.

There is also a chance that Sessions was part of the insurance policy (Mueller's investigation), and that's why he recused himself immediately.

But he campaigned for Trump. So do you think that he was a campaign plant?
Gunny Hartman
riflebear said:

Gunny Hartman said:

riflebear said:

The nice thing is there has been no leaks from Utah but unless they are about to blow a huge story it's done very little. I do agree most people think special counsels are bad for the country and many said there never should have been one against Trump. Just a bipartisan investigation all things Russia. But we know now why that didn't happen. I just hope there's equal justice for both sides.

Obviously I don't have to tell you this, but at this juncture leaks could be damaging to the investigation. Fortunately, I doubt there's anybody in that office in conservative Utah that has close ties to any of the left-wing media. And it's also interesting that Huber was quietly tasked with this almost a year ago and it received practically no notice nationally, which is of course ideal. So if Turley was right and Huber is Sessions' secret weapon for draining the swamp, we are left with little choice but to pop our popcorn and wait for the fireworks.
Doc Holliday
Gunny Hartman said:

Doc Holliday said:

Gunny Hartman said:

Doc Holliday said:

That is a possibility.

It's possible. I mean they were setting up Carter Page with Misfud, but that is just speculation on my part.

He's been around for a while. They could easily hold something over his head or threaten him.

Or Sessions simply can not comprehend that career officials within the federal government would put their own interests above those of the American people. In this manner, Sessions can serve the Deep State's game plan without ever being part of the vicious club himself.

Check out this Sessions quote:

Quote:

"I'm confident that Deputy Rosenstein, 28 years in the Department of Justice, did not improperly threaten anyone on that occasion."
This was a reference to Rosenstein stonewalling. He's stating that his 28 years makes it impossible for him to be nefarious...which is ridiculous!

Gunny Hartman
Doc Holliday said:

Gunny Hartman said:

Doc Holliday said:

Gunny Hartman said:

Doc Holliday said:

That is a possibility.

It's possible. I mean they were setting up Carter Page with Misfud, but that is just speculation on my part.

He's been around for a while. They could easily hold something over his head or threaten him.

Or Sessions simply can not comprehend that career officials within the federal government would put their own interests above those of the American people. In this manner, Sessions can serve the Deep State's game plan without ever being part of the vicious club himself.

Quote:

"I'm confident that Deputy Rosenstein, 28 years in the Department of Justice, did not improperly threaten anyone on that occasion."
This was a reference to Rosenstein stonewalling. He's stating that his 28 years makes it impossible for him to be nefarious...which is ridiculous!

Again I'm not sure there's not more gamesmanship going on here. Think about it, why would Trump put the DOJ into the hands of two incompetent or possibly corrupt men? Is he really so foolish? It's certainly possible, but I find it highly dubious. And we know he's not afraid to get rid of anyone he dislikes or distrusts; after all, his trademark saying on his reality show was "you're fired!"

So if Trump has critical work that he needs accomplished by Sessions and Rosenstein, how does he protect them? Well, by either being critical of them himself (Sessions) or having his allies in Congress attack (Rosenstein) and then sit back and chuckle while the unhinged media and Democrats swallow the bait whole and fall all over themselves in a frenzied defense of these men's pristine reputations. So then when they drop the hammer on a bunch of fools, the media and Democrats can't exactly attack them with any kind of credibility because they've just spent 2 years defending them!

If this is really what's going on, and I suspect that there's a decent chance that it is, then the outcome will be a glorious sight to behold.
Doc Holliday
Gunny Hartman said:

Doc Holliday said:

Gunny Hartman said:

Doc Holliday said:

Gunny Hartman said:

Doc Holliday said:

That is a possibility.

Quote:

Again I'm not sure there's not more gamesmanship going on here. Think about it, why would Trump put the DOJ into the hands of two incompetent or possibly corrupt men? Is he really so foolish? It's certainly possible, but I find it highly dubious. And we know he's not afraid to get rid of anyone he dislikes or distrusts; after all, his trademark saying on his reality show was "you're fired!"

So if Trump has critical work that he needs accomplished by sessions and Rosenstein, how does he protect them? Well, that either being critical of them himself (Sessions) or having his allies in Congress attack (Rosenstein) and then sit back and chuckle why the unhinged media falls all over themselves in a frenzied defense of these men's pristine reputations. So then when they drop the hammer on a bunch of fools, the media can't exactly attack them with any kind of credibility because they've just been 2 years defending them!

If this is really what's going on, and I suspect that there's a decent chance that it is, then the outcome will be a glorious sight to behold.
The problem is optics and midterms.

If Trump fires Sessions in order to make moves to shut down Mueller and get SPYGATE moving forward...that will do two things:

1.) It will make a case for obstructing Mueller and in the unlikey chance that Dems win midterms...it would be very bad.

2.) It will energize Democrats to vote in midterms because their precious 'muh Russia' investigation is gone.

Trump is almost handcuffed but he has serious leverage over Rosenstein right now because he can outright expose Rosenstein...and Rosenstein is Mueller's boss.
Gunny Hartman
Doc Holliday said:

Gunny Hartman said:

Doc Holliday said:

Gunny Hartman said:

Doc Holliday said:

Gunny Hartman said:

Doc Holliday said:

That is a possibility.

Quote:

So if Trump has critical work that he needs accomplished by sessions and Rosenstein, how does he protect them? Well, that either being critical of them himself (Sessions) or having his allies in Congress attack (Rosenstein) and then sit back and chuckle why the unhinged media falls all over themselves in a frenzied defense of these men's pristine reputations. So then when they drop the hammer on a bunch of fools, the media can't exactly attack them with any kind of credibility because they've just been 2 years defending them!

If Trump fires Sessions in order to make moves to shut down Mueller and get SPYGATE moving forward...that will do two things:

1.) It will make a case for obstructing Mueller and in the unlikey chance that Dems win midterms...it would be very bad.

2.) It will energize Democrats to vote in midterms because their precious 'muh Russia' investigation is gone.

Trump is almost handcuffed but he has serious leverage over Rosenstein right now because he can outright expose Rosenstein...and Rosenstein is Mueller's boss.

I agree that he shouldn't move on either of them until after the midterms and the Mueller investigation wraps up, though I'm not sure even that would prevent him considering he's within his rights to do so. But I'm just not convinced that they are either incompetent or corrupt. What makes you think Rosenstein is compromised?
riflebear
riflebear
Amazing

Doc Holliday
Gunny Hartman said:

Doc Holliday said:

Gunny Hartman said:

Doc Holliday said:

Gunny Hartman said:

Doc Holliday said:

Gunny Hartman said:

Doc Holliday said:

That is a possibility.

Quote:

I agree that he shouldn't move on either of them until after the midterms and the Mueller investigation wraps up, though I'm not sure even that would prevent him considering he's within his rights to do so. But I'm just not convinced that they are either incompetent or corrupt. What makes you think Rosenstein is compromised?
Rosenstein was part of this whole ordeal with McCabe.

He was scheduled to testify last week at a closed-door joint House congressional committee about his involvement with the soft-coup...but he didn't show up.

DAG Rosenstein does not want his involvement in the fraud to be exposed; hence his request to block/stall/delay the declassification directive. However, at any time President Trump can declassify all the documents and outline the fraudulent basis that originated the special counsel. This is essentially President Trump's leverage.

The whole Sessions thing might have something to do with this: https://www.msnbc.com/the-beat-with-ari-melber/watch/fired-fbi-official-authorized-perjury-investigation-against-sessions-1191727171576?v=raila&%F0%9F%93%81
Gunny Hartman
What info do you have to tie Rosenstein to McCabe?
Gunny Hartman
Also, I'm not sure what you mean by the Sessions thing might have something to do with McCabe investigating him
riflebear
Gunny Hartman said:

Weren't they in the same room when Rostenstein 'allegedly' joked about wire tapping Trump? They were also both involved in the final FISA warrants.

I don't know exactly how that ties them together but on a side note there is much more evidence for Rosenstein to to have recused himself than Sessions.
Gunny Hartman
riflebear said:

Gunny Hartman said:

Weren't they in the same room when Rostenstein 'allegedly' joked about wire tapping Trump? They were also both involved in the final FISA warrants.

I don't know exactly how that ties them together but on a side note there is much more evidence for Rosenstein to to have recused himself than Sessions.

Well that's the thing though. It keeps surfacing that Rosenstein allegedly said this and allegedly said that, but then unlike others like McCabe, nothing remotely concrete ever surfaces to support the allegation that he harbors ill will towards Trump.

I want to give you something to think about Stop for a moment and ponder this--what is Trump's favorite book? The Art of War. And anyone who's read it can tell you that one of the most important themes of the book is deceiving your enemies as to what your actual plans are. Causing them to be fully convinced they know your movements when in fact you've tricked them and have done something entirely different. And Trump just spent almost 50 years in the cutthroat world of NYC real estate perfecting those skills, competing and dealing with other uber successful moguls, corrupt local officials, powerful labor unions, even the mob.

So keeping all that in mind, the latest wiretap allegations surfaced from where? Andy McCabe's memos. Do you trust Andy McCabe to write honest memos about his activities at the FBI? I certainly don't. And Rosenstein didn't even deny saying it, he said that it was a sarcastic response to McCabe suggesting they go after Trump. So let's say that McCabe recognized that Rosenstein was being sarcastic, would he note it that way in his memo? Or would he imply that Rosenstein was being serious to give further apparent support for his position that Trump must be stopped?

So now let's look at the allegation that Rosenstein threatened Republican Congressional staffers. It's kind of interesting that those allegations came from Trump's closest allies in Congress, now isn't it? And does that even pass the smell test to you? if he were going to threaten someone, why would he threaten a bunch of lackeys who were only following orders? The answer is, he wouldn't. He'd go to their Congressman boss and have a private little chat when he'd drop not-so-subtle hints about the potential peril the Congressman is putting himself in by crossing him. THAT is how you make an effective threat--you cut the head off the snake, or in this case, give the head motivation to move in a different direction.

And then you have these regularly dropped anonymously sourced stories about how upset Rosenstein is with Trump. Anonymous sources indeed. Could that be deliberate disinformation? the Democrats have been planting a metric ton of disinformation in the past few years, could Trump be doing it also?

And of course Rosenstein signed off on one of the corrupt FISA warrant applications. That makes him Deep State, right? Or does it? When testifying under oath before Congress, he said that the actual contents of the document were not what was represented to him when he was briefed on it prior to signing, a briefing given to him by people that he presumably had previously respected and trusted. I'd wager as the #2 at the DOJ, he signs a ton of lengthy documents and so likely heavily relies on briefings as to what he's signing to save him time. So was he telling the truth?

I'll tell you one thing that has certainly arisen from all this. Rosenstein gets invited to speak at events such as the uber liberal Aspen Conference, and when he mounts the stage is given a hero's welcome with thunderous applause. He's the darling of the media and the left.

--------

But let me give you something else to think about, and I'll quote Andrew McCarthy (who I have massive respect for) to help me set the stage:

"For years, Rosenstein had carefully tended to his reputation as an apolitical lawman, beloved of both parties. At a time when Trump nominees for top executive offices were extraordinarily difficult to move through the Senate with Republicans holding a razor thin 51-49 majority, Rosenstein breezed to confirmation as deputy attorney general by the margin of 94 to 6, with overwhelming #Resistance support."

That comes from a scathing rebuke of Rosenstein that McCarthy wrote last month. I think McCarthy is brilliant, and I think he's gotten Sun Tzu'd also and so has read this one wrong.

So here we have a longtime civil servant that over three decades has garnered nothing but great respect from every facet of the DC political establishment. Thus, allow me to posit a scenario: this stringently upright member of the DOJ has sat and watched in horror as it's been revealed that colleagues he once respected engaged in outright partisan and even criminal behavior, even going so far as to deceive him as to the contents of a document that he was asked to sign, all of which has steeled his determination to clean up the corruption in an institution that he'd long been proud to serve within. The president that appointed him explained to him that there's going to be some intentional disinformation spread about him, but that this is a necessary evil in order to protect him from attacks by Democrats and Leftists in the media in order to throw them off the scent, and that the reality is he has his boss' full faith and support to fulfill the mandate given to him by the President of the United States: "Rod, I know that you are very unhappy with what you have seen the past few years, and so I want you to help Jeff drain the Swamp."

This post ended up infinity times longer than I expected it to be when I started it, so I'll wrap it up here with a final question: after meeting privately with Trump on Air Force One shortly after the staggering revelation that he'd suggested covertly recording Trump, does this look like the face of a man who just got his ass chewed out by his boss?

Gunny Hartman
This short thread might provide some insight

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1050187510750617600.html
riflebear
On a side note, glad they are going after these leakers. Of course you won't see this on any major media news.

Gunny Hartman
Rifle, Doc, anyone else: I'm interested to hear your input on my theory. What do you think?
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.