Faulk's suit

3,118 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Florda_mike
Eball
How long do you want to ignore this user?
No surprise other than timing...

https://www.wacotrib.com/news/courts_and_trials/former-baylor-football-player-sues-claiming-school-mishandled-title-ix/article_f29a8eb9-766d-556c-a17e-a1cf9503f086.html
Eball
Reading the petition just makes me sick...I just can not understand how uncaring, callous and vindictive individuals could have made it all the way to the top of our school administration.
Malbec
Yes, that sort of treatment is revolting, to say the least. The university can have no reason for not publicly and in no uncertain terms, disassociate itself with everyone involved in such callous, vengeful and heartless actions. Truly despicable.
HuMcK
Hot take I'm sure, but Baylor's hand was forced in this case. Faulk showed up to a school deep in scandal, and proceeded to tag-team a coed with his roommate (an also dismissed JUCO OL if I recall that for some reason nobody sticks to for) under questionable circumstances of consent. Talk about a lack of awareness and self-control. That, plus the incident at FAU (I don't care how it's spun, the police were called so it's at least notable) that he apparently did not disclose, and apparently another complaint against Faulk from May 2016 all made it necessary for Baylor to quickly cut ties. He may get a payday out of it, but Faulk was not some innocent bystander in all of this who got railroaded, he put himself in a bad situation through his own actions.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Eball said:

Reading the petition just makes me sick...I just can not understand how uncaring, callous and vindictive individuals could have made it all the way to the top of our school administration.
It is very sad that our leadership claims to be pursuing "The Christian Mission". Their actions have not set a very good example of Christianity and in my opinion have actually driven many away. What a shame.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
HuMcK said:

He may get a payday out of it, but Faulk was not some innocent bystander in all of this who got railroaded, he put himself in a bad situation through his own actions.
A big payday? Ya think? When are people gonna be held accountable for their actions and for bleeding Baylor out? WHen is the bleeding going to stop?

-- Barack Obama
drahthaar
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

HuMcK said:

He may get a payday out of it, but Faulk was not some innocent bystander in all of this who got railroaded, he put himself in a bad situation through his own actions.
A big payday? Ya think? When are people gonna be held accountable for their actions and bleeding and for Baylor out? WHen is the bleeding going to stop?

How high's the endowment now?
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
witchmo said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

HuMcK said:

A big payday? Ya think? When are people gonna be held accountable for their actions and bleeding and for Baylor out? WHen is the bleeding going to stop?

How high's the endowment now?
https://www.wacotrib.com/news/higher_education/baylor-officials-seek-growth-of-billion-endowment/article_6756de2c-4a7d-5b2f-af08-af7883a371c2.html

-- Barack Obama
Eball
HuMcK said:

Hot take I'm sure, but Baylor's hand was forced in this case. Faulk showed up to a school deep in scandal, and proceeded to tag-team a coed with his roommate (an also dismissed JUCO OL if I recall that for some reason nobody sticks to for) under questionable circumstances of consent. Talk about a lack of awareness and self-control. That, plus the incident at FAU (I don't care how it's spun, the police were called so it's at least notable) that he apparently did not disclose, and apparently another complaint against Faulk from May 2016 all made it necessary for Baylor to quickly cut ties. He may get a payday out of it, but Faulk was not some innocent bystander in all of this who got railroaded, he put himself in a bad situation through his own actions.
your post makes me mad, to the degree Faulk is responsible for any of it...is to me really not the issue...the total lack of due process afforded him, no concern about where he would stay, how would eat and care for himself and even get home to Florida is just appalling. Then the absolute covering of your butt as evidenced by the various weirdly timed e-mails shows at best a total lack of coordination between departments and at worst intentional acts taken to cover up the mess that was made. The fact that the chair of the scholarship appeal felt the need in advance to make sure if they reversed the action and gave him back his scholarship they would not be the subject of retaliation speaks of some pretty institutional heavy handedness that was apparently well known and feared. Then she is subject to the that very retaliation, she was worried about allegedly, and she sues BU and gets a settlement...are you kidding me...not only callous but stupid and certainly smacks of someone who believed it would all be swept under the rug and kept there.

This is embarrassing and unsettling to say the least...can you imagine what other instances of the Administration interfering in the normal processes of the football program, athletic program, Title IX, JA might be out there that the NCAA now has knowledge of...think lack of institutional control! I have to say I am very nervous about the results of the NCAA investigation and potential sanctions...do you see how little support we get across the country from folks in regard to our situation and how much of a drumbeat there is to sanction us into oblivion?

I am a father of two a man and a women...been married 36 wonderful years to the same woman who I met at BU her undergrad and me law school...I get that because of the "me too movement"...that it is not right to say that a girl could have avoided a SA by not going to a party getting drunk or high and or having sex with multiple partners that was consensual and then claiming that some was not consensual...but then when you have due process applied to the accused should Faulk not be afforded the same benefit? So you basically don't care about the concept and legal requirement for due process to be afforded victim and accused? We can no longer victim blame by showing her character or lack there of or her putting herself in harms way by her actions but ok to do exactly that as to the accused Faulk?

This is and has always been about corruption at the highest levels of our administration...there is no real sense of helping anyone but BU's image and they were willing to sacrifice almost anything/anyone to protect it. Let's don't inadvertently condone our administrations complete bungling at best by trying to shift blame.
D. C. Bear
HuMcK said:

No one's hand is ever forced to act in an unethical (at best) manner in these cases and and no one is forced to retaliate against an employee for doing his or her job (or to make something up blaming the acting football coach for someone else's decision).
Stan Mikita
And now begins the part where Baylor starts getting sued by its former players/recruits. Yeesh.
PacificBear
Baylor is the farthest thing from Christian. Baylor and Christian should not be in the same sentence.
Eball
I just don't see how BU can spin this anyway that prevents it from being a disaster...they afforded this kid zero due process. A little more info and BU's response in this article

https://www.kwtx.com/content/news/Ex-BU-recruit-left-in-limbo-amid-sexual-assault-scandal-sues-school-498044401.html
YoakDaddy
This is the case where Baylor admin tried to pin the decision of the release on Grobe then Grobe (I'm pretty sure he said it in an audio interview) said he was told by admin to release him. It was all very fast. If my memory is faulty, please correct.
Eball
You are correct.
Malbec
Baylor needs to quit making public statements. They suck at it.
Florda_mike
Cliffnotes please, legal beagles??? Wassup here?
Mitch Blood Green
Florda_mike said:

Baylor ****ed this dude and he sued. Has a strong case.
Florda_mike
tommie said:

Florda_mike said:

Who fugged him?

BOR member?
YoakDaddy
Florda_mike said:

tommie said:

Florda_mike said:

Who fugged him?

BOR member?

Here's an article from June 10, 2016 from FWST. I'll try to find the one from the Trib or local Waco news.
https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/baylor-bears/article83108297.html
Florda_mike
Curious how the lawyers around here see this heading?
possible12
Eball said:

HuMcK said:

your post makes me mad, to the degree Faulk is responsible for any of it...is to me really not the issue...the total lack of due process afforded him, no concern about where he would stay, how would eat and care for himself and even get home to Florida is just appalling. Then the absolute covering of your butt as evidenced by the various weirdly timed e-mails shows at best a total lack of coordination between departments and at worst intentional acts taken to cover up the mess that was made. The fact that the chair of the scholarship appeal felt the need in advance to make sure if they reversed the action and gave him back his scholarship they would not be the subject of retaliation speaks of some pretty institutional heavy handedness that was apparently well known and feared. Then she is subject to the that very retaliation, she was worried about allegedly, and she sues BU and gets a settlement...are you kidding me...not only callous but stupid and certainly smacks of someone who believed it would all be swept under the rug and kept there.

This is embarrassing and unsettling to say the least...can you imagine what other instances of the Administration interfering in the normal processes of the football program, athletic program, Title IX, JA might be out there that the NCAA now has knowledge of...think lack of institutional control! I have to say I am very nervous about the results of the NCAA investigation and potential sanctions...do you see how little support we get across the country from folks in regard to our situation and how much of a drumbeat there is to sanction us into oblivion?

I am a father of two a man and a women...been married 36 wonderful years to the same woman who I met at BU her undergrad and me law school...I get that because of the "me too movement"...that it is not right to say that a girl could have avoided a SA by not going to a party getting drunk or high and or having sex with multiple partners that was consensual and then claiming that some was not consensual...but then when you have due process applied to the accused should Faulk not be afforded the same benefit? So you basically don't care about the concept and legal requirement for due process to be afforded victim and accused? We can no longer victim blame by showing her character or lack there of or her putting herself in harms way by her actions but ok to do exactly that as to the accused Faulk?

This is and has always been about corruption at the highest levels of our administration...there is no real sense of helping anyone but BU's image and they were willing to sacrifice almost anything/anyone to protect it. Let's don't inadvertently condone our administrations complete bungling at best by trying to shift blame.

And he was "allowed" to attend any school not in the Big 12,,,,geez, how stupid are they to include that?
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Florda_mike said:

Curious how the lawyers around here see this heading?
Even Keyser will plead the 5th Amendment on this one and choose the right to remain silent.

-- Barack Obama
Florda_mike
YoakDaddy said:

Florda_mike said:

tommie said:

Florda_mike said:

Who fugged him?

BOR member?

Here's an article from June 10, 2016 from FWST. I'll try to find the one from the Trib or local Waco news.
https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/baylor-bears/article83108297.html

I've known Baylor hierarchy individuals and/or families for close to 60 years and I've known in my heart that last paragraph in that FWST article was front and center of this whole fiasco and I've been massacred around here for voicing it

Football has always been a potential scapegoat when it comes to protecting Baylor. Truth be damned

"Baylor is only concerned about protecting Baylor and they don't care about the men or women they destroy as long as Baylor is protected" could be posted above the dressing room door of the BOR and faculty most all my life! I want the lying scum exposed and vanquished so school can get a fresh and honest start. There's a high percent of locals that know this and feel the same too

Sickening how they've thrown Football program and players and other athletes under bus to protect their sorry azzez. Too bad there's so many here willing to do the same
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.