Will educators make a difference in Lt Gov Race?

8,772 Views | 129 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Oldbear83
Stranger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
cowboycwr said:

Malbec said:

How do you make a difference in a race for a position that doesn't make a difference?

The LT gov. Probably has more power and say in our state than the gov. It is a very important job that makes a huge difference.

Not probably. The Lt. Governor has much more power than the governor and sets the agenda for the legislature. In Texas, the governor is basically a figurehead.
I'm a Bearbacker
Oldbear83
Waco1947 said:

Oldbear83 said:

Waco1947 said:

Beto will help the Dem ticket. How much who knows? But teachers are pissed. Maybe their crossover to Collier helps Beto and maybe vice vests. But who knows til we count the votes.
Beto already lost. It's silly that you have not realized that yet.

In another sports related area we say, "It's why we play the games."

Beto's game is all about $$$$

He thinks he's the next Kennedy, so keep your sisters out of his car.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
whiterock
Waco1947 said:

Oldbear83 said:

Waco1947 said:

Beto will help the Dem ticket. How much who knows? But teachers are pissed. Maybe their crossover to Collier helps Beto and maybe vice vests. But who knows til we count the votes.

He will lose, 6pts or so

He's a fantastic candidate, the best the Dems have put up in Tx in over 20 years.

He will run for Gov in 2022 and should be considered the odds on favorite to succeed Gov Abbott.

I will work tirelessly to stop him, but like I said...he's a really good candidate.
Waco1947
Oldbear83 said:

Waco1947 said:

Oldbear83 said:

Waco1947 said:

I thought you were a Christian. You gossip and lie
Waco1947
Oldbear83
Waco1947 said:

Oldbear83 said:

Waco1947 said:

Oldbear83 said:

Waco1947 said:

I thought you were a Christian. You gossip and lie
Nope, you are wrong again, Waco. I follow the news and dig, not trusting the spin and political ads.

You really should try that sometime, but first find your god and ask him for a new halo, your old one got dirty and banged up from your recent antics.

Oh, and some time back you pretended I 'lost' and you 'won', because I called you 'boyo'. Two points on that matter should be made:

First, 'boyo' is an old Irish appellation, commonly used in mild banter. For instance, a fellow might call out to a friend as they head out for a fun evening, 'we'll be on a lark tonight, me boyo'. The word is also sometimes used by older boys when speaking to their younger brothers when they get into foolishness. To pretend the word is a "slur" conveys not only ignorance, but a rather sad amount of paranoia.

Second, if you were more attentive to Bible study, you might recall the following verses:

Luke 13:32 "He replied, "Go tell that fox, 'I will keep on driving out demons and healing people today and tomorrow, and on the third day I will reach my goal.' "

Would you pretend Jesus 'lost' that discussion for calling King Herod a 'fox'?

Or this verse:

Matthew 3:7 "But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming to where he was baptizing, he said to them: "You brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the coming wrath?"

Did John the Baptist 'lose' to the Pharisees and Sadducees, for calling them out on their malice?

Repent of your evil, Waco. I am a sinner, true, but I am honest about my faults and mistakes, while you glory in hate and evil, when it serves your politics.
Waco1947
I repent daily. And you?
Waco1947
Oldbear83
Waco1947 said:

I repent daily. And you?
As needed. Reading your posts, you might want to refresh more often on that count.

Waco1947
Nah Jesus and I are great. I don't call names or use gossip or support a racist president
Waco1947
Oldbear83
Waco1947 said:

Nah Jesus and I are great. I don't call names or use gossip or support a racist president
Pretty sure that claim is factually starving. You imply evil in others, and I can think of two Presidents you supported who absolutely were racists.

Enjoy your Pharisee's hat, Waco. It suits you.
YoakDaddy
Waco1947 said:

I doubt he'd agree with your support of infanticide and unholy matrimony though.
Waco1947
YoakDaddy said:

Waco1947 said:

I doubt he'd agree with your support of infanticide and unholy matrimony though.

But women do Women were more permissive than men when it comes to abortion, with 54 percent saying it should be available as a personal choice or allowed in those "clearly established" instances, and 41 percent saying either that it should never be allowed (15 percent) or allowed only under those three exceptions (26 percent). Forty-eight percent of men would allow abortions with few or no restrictions, while 46 percent would either prohibit it (14 percent) or allow it only in exceptional cases (32 percent)."
Texas Tribune
Waco1947
YoakDaddy
Waco1947 said:

YoakDaddy said:

Waco1947 said:

But women do Women were more permissive than men when it comes to abortion, with 54 percent saying it should be available as a personal choice or allowed in those "clearly established" instances, and 41 percent saying either that it should never be allowed (15 percent) or allowed only under those three exceptions (26 percent). Forty-eight percent of men would allow abortions with few or no restrictions, while 46 percent would either prohibit it (14 percent) or allow it only in exceptional cases (32 percent)."
Texas Tribune

Because Jesus went by polling, right?
Waco1947
YoakDaddy said:

Waco1947 said:

YoakDaddy said:

Waco1947 said:

. Immaterial. Your morality don't count
Texas Tribune

Waco1947
YoakDaddy
Waco1947 said:

YoakDaddy said:

Waco1947 said:

YoakDaddy said:

Waco1947 said:

Texas Tribune

We've known for a long time that yours doesn't, "pastor".
Waco1947
Yes my morality matters. I come down on the side of women. You can't touch their bodies without their permission.
Waco1947
Oldbear83
Waco1947 said:

YoakDaddy said:

Waco1947 said:

YoakDaddy said:

Waco1947 said:

Texas Tribune

But God's - as presented in the Bible - certainly does.

And no, you definitely are not speaking for God on this matter.
Waco1947
Oldbear83 said:

Waco1947 said:

YoakDaddy said:

Waco1947 said:

YoakDaddy said:

Waco1947 said:

Texas Tribune

I never said I speak for God. You on the other hand are self righteous enough to think you do.
God forgives. God wants what's best for all and you ain't the judge.
Waco1947
Oldbear83
Waco1947 said:

Oldbear83 said:

Waco1947 said:

YoakDaddy said:

Waco1947 said:

YoakDaddy said:

Waco1947 said:

Texas Tribune

I never said I speak for God. You on the other hand are self righteous enough to think you do.
God forgives. God wants what's best for all and you ain't the judge.
You act all the time, like you speak for God. Trying to attack me won't change that truth.

God forgives those who repent. Instead, you act like God signs off on your love for death and racism.

False witness is a sin, Waco. Especially for false ministers.
Florda_mike
Waco1947 said:

YoakDaddy said:

Waco1947 said:

YoakDaddy said:

Waco1947 said:

Texas Tribune

Waco you hit the "space" button an extra time again leaving a period where it doesn't belong

Please stop doing that here

Space not needed on your posts
Osodecentx
Patrick won by only 5 points. I did not see an ad for his opponent.

Why was this race so close? Beto? Educators? Blue wave? Changing demographics?
Edmond Bear
Waco1947 said:

Haha, you've been called out and proven to do at least 2 of these 3.

And, you say you repent but then come back and practice the same evil over and over. You understand that repentance involves 'turning away' right?
PTGHUNTER
Osodecentx said:

I assume educators had some sort of impact. I had many traditional Republican educators that I almost had to block, on Facebook, because of their non-stop posts with hatred of Dan Patrick.
LIB,MR BEARS
PTGHUNTER said:

Osodecentx said:

I assume educators had some sort of impact. I had many traditional Republican educators that I almost had to block, on Facebook, because of their non-stop posts with hatred of Dan Patrick.
same here. There were some very vocal and very energized teachers
Oldbear83
LIB,MR BEARS said:

PTGHUNTER said:

Osodecentx said:

Bottom line - Patrick won re-election. I have a sneaking suspicion some teachers voted for him.
LIB,MR BEARS
Oldbear83 said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

PTGHUNTER said:

Osodecentx said:

Bottom line - Patrick won re-election. I have a sneaking suspicion some teachers voted for him.
I raised one who did.

R's would serve themselves well to be as transparent as possible regarding school funding and then try to find an honest and equitable solution. I think school funding is the hole in the dike that will eventually lead to Texas return to a blue state (all other things being equal-which they want)
Oldbear83
LIB,MR BEARS said:

Oldbear83 said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

PTGHUNTER said:

Osodecentx said:

I raised one who did.

R's would serve themselves well to be as transparent as possible regarding school funding and then try to find an honest and equitable solution. I think school funding is the hole in the dike that will eventually lead to Texas return to a blue state (all other things being equal-which they want)
Regarding funding, I think people in successful districts are sick of corrupt politicians planning to steal $$ to prop up failed programs.

I think school board reform is the donkey in the room, noisy and stinky but very few have the guts to address the problem.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.