AZ Senate Candidate: "Stay at Home Moms - Leech off their husbands"

4,018 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by syme
riflebear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wow

Sinema went off the rails when describing stay-at-home moms, blustering,

"These women who act like staying at home, leeching off their husbands or boyfriends, and just cashing the checks is some sort of feminism because they're choosing to live that life. That's bulls**t. I mean, what the f*** are we really talking about here?"

RD2WINAGNBEAR86
My wife was a 5th grade English teacher before she decided to be a stay at home Mom. Not sure that was originally her plan but my daughter was born 10 weeks early at 30 weeks. We feel blessed that she was able to stay at home with both of my kids and they weren't raised by someone else. I certainly have the utmost respect for working Moms.

I am fairly confident that my beautiful wife could and would whip Kyrsten's ass!!! Go Moms!!!!!!!
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Gunny Hartman
Democrats. When their true thoughts and feelings are revealed, it's always the gift that keeps on giving.
Ludwig von Missi
How could someone that liberal go to BYU? She must have been miserable.
Gunny Hartman
Crash Davis said:

How could someone that liberal go to BYU? She must have been miserable.

Don't you just know that the dude that she met at BYU that she briefly married was just having the time of his life
Jack Bauer
Nothing pisses off a feminist more than a stay at home Mom.
4th and Inches
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

My wife was a 5th grade English teacher before she decided to be a stay at home Mom. Not sure that was originally her plan but my daughter was born 10 weeks early at 30 weeks. We feel blessed that she was able to stay at home with both of my kids and they weren't raised by someone else. I certainly have the utmost respect for working Moms.

I am fairly confident that my beautiful wife could and would whip Kyrsten's ass!!! Go Moms!!!!!!!
same here, wife stayed home with the kids until the youngest was school age. Wouldnt change how we did it for anything!
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
El Oso
My wife's stayed at home going on many, many years. 5 kids. We've still got about 10 months before the last starts full time school.

Economically it hurts, but once you decide to not even try and keep up with the Jones's it isn't bad.

She works odd jobs from time to time but her career is the family.

It's definitely not mooching. There's just no "paycheck " in the way you and I get one.

GrowlTowel
El Oso said:

My wife's stayed at home going on many, many years. 5 kids. We've still got about 10 months before the last starts full time school.

Economically it hurts, but once you decide to not even try and keep up with the Jones's it isn't bad.

It's definitely not mooching. There's just no "paycheck " in the way you and I get one.

Pretty close to the same. We have four kids, youngest is three. My wife keeps her nursing license by working a coupe of days a month. Wonderful to have four well adjusted children because we elected to raise a family.
Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
midgett
Years ago a friend of mine and his wife had their first kid. They were trying to determine the pros and cons of the wife staying at home.

He ran an interesting analysis. He took all the costs if she worked (full time childcare, commuting costs, etc.) from the income she was making. I can't remember her job but I believe her income was similar to a teacher. That second income is a big boost when you are just starting out in your career. My wife was a teacher and we were about a year behind them starting a family and this influenced my decision.

He ran the numbers and determined, for them, that the only income they would "keep" after all costs was the income she made from about Thursday at noon through Friday. Essentially, she was adding 1 1/2 days per week of income to the bottom line. They determined all the advantages of parental influence and family time was worth more than the day and a half of income. I thought it was a genius approach.

I wish every couple could have a choice and I especially feel for the single moms (and dads, in some instances) who work but only get one income with no one staying at home.

But to call stay at home moms leeches is yet another example of the nasty name calling Democrats do to people who don't think like they do.
Canada2017
Hardest job ....and most important....is a wife caring for her entire family.
Florda_mike
El Oso said:

^^^ Doing this paid huge dividends for my wife and I fwiw

When democrats show the truth of whom they truly are, as in this case, they lose big time! That's why they've been caught saying they have to lie about who they are to get elected, then they can go on and do damage after elected going back on their campaign lies

Anyway, we sacrificed financially with wife not working but kept a close eye on kids issues through childhood

I heard a good voice telling me one day that "if you don't sit down NOW and take an hour or whatever talking to your son about what he's having problems and questions about then you could spend years with him having problems and not understanding life!" So I "sacrificed" and took time out from my self absorbed busy schedule and talked to my son about real life problems and how to handle them, successfully. He's stayed out of problems and trouble with things that can trip up a young man and set em back decades. He's now doing same with his wife and their 6 and 2 year old sons and it's working!!! That's how I've sacrificed and now, how he is sacrificing and getting great results too. And yes, as a grandfather I'm teaching my grandchildren what to do and, most importantly, what not to do

A side benefit is in being our only family income, it has helped push me further in business by not having any income to depend on besides mine. I'm stronger in my earning power because my income was all our family had

Wife went back to work after kids were out of home, and she loves her part time work as it helps her understand value of dollar and gives her strength of knowing how to handle herself in the tough business world. She's great and my beauty!

Best to all of you struggling raising kids. Any "extra effort" you do teaching them how to do things successfully will pay off eventually. Don't enable em though, let em fall off their bikes(with a helmet though!) if needed.

God bless you parents. God bless us all, grandparents too
Ludwig von Missi
Canada2017 said:

I'll preface this by saying I have a lot of respect for dedicated stay at home moms, but this post reminded me of this hilarious Bill Burr bit:

contrario
Still no one defending this? I'm surprised even the hard core people on the left on here can't figure out a way to defend this.
Edmond Bear
midgett said:

Years ago a friend of mine and his wife had their first kid. They were trying to determine the pros and cons of the wife staying at home.

He ran an interesting analysis. He took all the costs if she worked (full time childcare, commuting costs, etc.) from the income she was making. I can't remember her job but I believe her income was similar to a teacher. That second income is a big boost when you are just starting out in your career. My wife was a teacher and we were about a year behind them starting a family and this influenced my decision.

He ran the numbers and determined, for them, that the only income they would "keep" after all costs was the income she made from about Thursday at noon through Friday. Essentially, she was adding 1 1/2 days per week of income to the bottom line. They determined all the advantages of parental influence and family time was worth more than the day and a half of income. I thought it was a genius approach..

Several studies show that unless a second fulk time working spouse makes ALOT of money, they actually reduce the household income over time by working.

By staying at home, one spouse enables the other to work longer hours, take higher paying jobs that require travel, work higher paying odd hours, etc. Over time, this can add up to significant differences.

Canada2017
Crash Davis said:

Canada2017 said:

I'll preface this by saying I have a lot of respect for dedicated stay at home moms, but this post reminded me of this hilarious Bill Burr bit:

Not 'hilarious '....not even funny. Merely the same bitterly tinged view of life and love that many leftists seem burdened with.

CutTheTVoff
Stay at Home Mom = most important job in the world.

Raising good children is far more important than anything that shallow bimbo will ever accomplish.
Ludwig von Missi
Canada2017 said:

Crash Davis said:

Canada2017 said:

Not 'hilarious '....not even funny. Merely the same bitterly tinged view of life and love that many leftists seem burdened with.

I bet you're a blast at parties.

If I ever get to the point where I'm so hyper politicized that I view everything through a political lens, I give y'all permission to take me out back and shoot me. Not worth living at that point.
CutTheTVoff
Crash Davis said:

Canada2017 said:

Crash Davis said:

Canada2017 said:

If I ever get to the point where I'm so hyper politicized that I view everything through a political lens, I give y'all permission to take me out back and shoot me. Not worth living at that point.

The problem is that the Left has infused virtually every entertainment venue with politics. From TV to movies to plays to the NFL. Have you watched late night TV lately? It's nothing but Trump bashing. The comedy has left the building. Carson is probably spinning in his grave.

We used to turn to entertainment to get away from life for a little bit. The Left has ruined that, like everything else it touches.

Leftist are so narcissistic they don't realize conservatives were just as upset with Obama as they are with Trump. The difference is that they didn't have to hear our disdain every time they turned on the TV.
Ludwig von Missi
CutTheTVoff said:

Crash Davis said:

Canada2017 said:

Crash Davis said:

Canada2017 said:

The problem is that the Left has infused virtually every entertainment venue with politics. From TV to movies to plays to the NFL. Have you watched late night TV lately? It's nothing but Trump bashing. The comedy has left the building. Carson is probably spinning in his grave.

We used to turn to entertainment to get away from life for a little bit. The Left has ruined that, like everything else it touches.

Leftist are so narcissistic they don't realize conservatives were just as upset with Obama as they are with Trump. The difference is that they didn't have to hear our disdain every time they turned on the TV.
I hear you, but I wouldn't call Bill Burr a leftist...at all. There was nothing political about that bit. Comedy is subjective. If some dude doesn't think that bit is funny, I think he has a ****ty sense of humor, but to each his own. But anyone who finds that offensive is a snowflake of the highest order. One thing I've learned lately is that the left doesn't have the market cornered on snowflakes...they jumped out to a big lead but the right is trying to give them a run for their money.

I have a tremendous amount of respect for dedicated mothers - both working and stay at home - but there is obviously a hint of truth to that bit. Being a mother is hard...hardest job in the world? Probably not. Being a Marine or a fire fighter is probably harder than being a stay at home mom...I don't think that should be a controversial statement.
GoldenBear007
Well that's a great way to win some votes
Ludwig von Missi
GoldenBear007 said:

Well that's a great way to win some votes
Haha that was my initial thought too. *** was she thinking? I mean, it's not like there are undecided voters out there that are going to be like, "man, I was really on the fence but now that she trashed stay at home moms I'm totally on board!" Some statements can only hurt you...this is one of those.
Canada2017
Crash Davis said:

Canada2017 said:

Crash Davis said:

Canada2017 said:

chuckle

Depends on the 'party'.

Not into mindless cussing or alcohol induced drama. Much prefer family get togethers and hiking throughout mountains or National Parks.

And your guy was political....with the exact kind of cynical attitude that bores me.
Ludwig von Missi
Canada2017 said:

Crash Davis said:

Canada2017 said:

Crash Davis said:

Canada2017 said:

chuckle

Depends on the 'party'.

Not into mindless cussing or alcohol induced drama. Much prefer family get togethers and hiking throughout mountains or National Parks.

And your guy was political....with the exact kind of cynical attitude that bores me.
I like family get togethers as well. I like booze too, and colorful language has never bothered me a bit. With my family you usually get all of the above and I wouldn't have it any other way.

I suppose anything can be political if you try hard enough to view it that way. Always considered that a leftist specialty, but that has proven not to be the case in recent years.
Osodecentx
Canada2017 said:

Crash Davis said:

Canada2017 said:

Not sure about the leftist part, but I am sure it isn't funny
Ludwig von Missi
Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

Crash Davis said:

Canada2017 said:

Not sure about the leftist part, but I am sure it isn't funny
See, I have no issue with this take. I think your sense of humor sucks (and obviously you aren't a fan of mine either), but at least you don't think it's political/offensive. Not every comedian is going to be everyone's cup of tea, but getting offended by a stand up routine is peak snowflakery.
Canada2017
Crash Davis said:

Canada2017 said:

Crash Davis said:

Canada2017 said:

Crash Davis said:

Canada2017 said:

chuckle

Depends on the 'party'.

I like family get togethers as well. I like booze too, and colorful language has never bothered me a bit. With my family you usually get all of the above and I wouldn't have it any other way.

I suppose anything can be political if you try hard enough to view it that way. Always considered that a leftist specialty, but that has proven not to be the case in recent years.

I enjoy vodka and beer....within moderation. Seen too many lives completely destroyed when abused. Especially behind the wheel. Pot is legal here...don't smoke it or anything else. Life is short enough without begging for cancer .

We all make mistakes....but routine use of foul language bores me and indicates the individual involved is undisciplined. None of my friends or associates do so.
CutTheTVoff
Crash Davis said:

CutTheTVoff said:

Crash Davis said:

Canada2017 said:

Crash Davis said:

Canada2017 said:

I hear you, but I wouldn't call Bill Burr a leftist...at all. There was nothing political about that bit. Comedy is subjective. If some dude doesn't think that bit is funny, I think he has a ****ty sense of humor, but to each his own. But anyone who finds that offensive is a snowflake of the highest order. One thing I've learned lately is that the left doesn't have the market cornered on snowflakes...they jumped out to a big lead but the right is trying to give them a run for their money.

I have a tremendous amount of respect for dedicated mothers - both working and stay at home - but there is obviously a hint of truth to that bit. Being a mother is hard...hardest job in the world? Probably not. Being a Marine or a fire fighter is probably harder than being a stay at home mom...I don't think that should be a controversial statement.

Honestly I didn't even watch the bit. Just went straight to my soapbox. My apologies.
Ludwig von Missi
Canada2017 said:

Crash Davis said:

Canada2017 said:

Crash Davis said:

Canada2017 said:

Crash Davis said:

Canada2017 said:

chuckle

Depends on the 'party'.

I enjoy vodka and beer....within moderation. Seen too many lives completely destroyed when abused. Especially behind the wheel. Pot is legal here...don't smoke it or anything else. Life is short enough without begging for cancer .

We all make mistakes....but routine use of foul language bores me and indicates the individual involved is undisciplined. None of my friends or associates do so.
Moderation is definitely an important key to life. Too much of anything is unhealthy.

I'll just have to agree to disagree with your last part. It may be a discipline issue for some, for others it's a choice. I know plenty of super smart/productive people that cuss like sailors and I know plenty of people that wouldn't be caught dead cussing that aren't very impressive...and of course I know plenty of people in both catergories where the opposite is true. No correlation.
Ludwig von Missi
CutTheTVoff said:

Crash Davis said:

CutTheTVoff said:

Crash Davis said:

Canada2017 said:

Crash Davis said:

Canada2017 said:

Honestly I didn't even watch the bit. Just went straight to my soapbox. My apologies.
Ha no worries. Bill Burr is one of my favorite comedians. He is worth checking out if you don't mind some colorful language. He has a bit about Michelle Obama and Hillary Clinton that you might enjoy...although amazingly, those bits actually aren't political either

Canada2017
Crash Davis said:

Canada2017 said:

Crash Davis said:

Canada2017 said:

Crash Davis said:

Canada2017 said:

Crash Davis said:

Canada2017 said:

chuckle

Depends on the 'party'.

Moderation is definitely an important key to life. Too much of anything is unhealthy.

I'll just have to agree to disagree with your last part. It may be a discipline issue for some, for others it's a choice. I know plenty of super smart/productive people that cuss like sailors and I know plenty of people that wouldn't be caught dead cussing that aren't very impressive...and of course I know plenty of people in both catergories where the opposite is true. No correlation.

Ten years ago was on a 9 day white water rafting trip on the Colorado River. 260 miles through the Grand Canyon. One of the guys involved was a bank Vice President I hadn't met before.

Every other word the guy used was F bombs ....no exaggeration. It was narcissistic in the extreme to subject everyone else to it and very soon everyone else ( but his buddy) totally ignored him. Which made him cuss even more .

He was just a miserable human being and was never invited again .
Ludwig von Missi
Canada2017 said:

Crash Davis said:

Canada2017 said:

Crash Davis said:

Canada2017 said:

Crash Davis said:

Canada2017 said:

Crash Davis said:

Canada2017 said:

chuckle

Depends on the 'party'.

Ten years ago was on a 9 day white water rafting trip on the Colorado River. 260 miles through the Grand Canyon. One of the guys involved was a bank Vice President I hadn't met before.

Every other word the guy used was F bombs ....no exaggeration. It was narcissistic in the extreme to subject everyone else to it and very soon everyone else ( but his buddy) totally ignored him. Which made him cuss even more .

No one ever invited him again.
I'm guessing the guy was a ********. I like to hangout with people that are smart, funny, and friendly. I'm guessing this guy lacked at least a couple of those qualities...am I on track? Because if he is smart, funny, and friendly and y'all blackballed him 100% based off of his colorful language, it sounds like y'all's loss, not his.
Canada2017
Crash Davis said:

Canada2017 said:

Crash Davis said:

Canada2017 said:

Crash Davis said:

Canada2017 said:

Crash Davis said:

Canada2017 said:

Crash Davis said:

Canada2017 said:

chuckle

Depends on the 'party'.

I'm guessing the guy was a ********. I like to hangout with people that are smart, funny, and friendly. I'm guessing this guy lacked at least a couple of those qualities...am I on track? Because if he is smart, funny, and friendly and y'all blackballed him 100% based off of his colorful language, it sounds like y'all's loss, not his.

Have never met a grown adult that was funny and smart yet so restricted in his use of the English language that unlimited cussing was his norm.

Certainly not this guy. He griped about everything ( the wind, cold river water, camp sites, afternoon heat ) constantly. Had no business running white water .

Know hundreds of people up here....haven't met another such idiot either personally or professionally.
Ludwig von Missi
Canada2017 said:

Crash Davis said:

Canada2017 said:

Crash Davis said:

Canada2017 said:

Crash Davis said:

Canada2017 said:

Crash Davis said:

Canada2017 said:

Crash Davis said:

Canada2017 said:

chuckle

Depends on the 'party'.

Have never met a grown adult that was funny and smart yet so restricted in his use of the English language that unlimited cussing was his norm.

Certainly not this guy. He griped about everything ( the wind, cold river water, camp sites, afternoon heat ) constantly. Had no business running white water .

Know hundreds of people up here....haven't met another such idiot either personally or professionally.
Haha alright. So as I suspected, the guy was a miserable person. People don't like to hang out with miserable people whether they cuss or not...no question about that.
Gunny Hartman
Okay now can we get back to bashing the deranged feminist
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.