Beto Sued For Spam Texts

1,519 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by MilliVanilli
MilliVanilli
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Beto campaign is under fire with a class action lawsuit many on here can join that states his campaign violated privacy laws by obtaining numbers and contacting people without their permission.

"The Telephone Consumer Protection Act prohibits the use of automated telephone equipment to send texts or calls to a person's cellphone without their permission except for emergency purposes.

The suit demands Beto for Texas pay at least $500 per text message to Syeed and other members of the class action suit."

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/politics-government/election/article220344070.html
YoakDaddy
Looks like Beto owes me about $2k for the unsolicited texts.
CSIBear
Absolutely. About time this happened. There is no excuse for his constant disregard when we asked him to quit the unsolicited texts.
midgett
Beto owes me $1000 and Mark Phariss owes me $500.

Beto got $38M last month. Did he tell his donors it was for a lawsuit settlement? No wonder he doesn't want to share with other Democrats!
cowboycwr
Good. These have been so annoying.
Gunny Hartman
Everybody here that received those texts should make sure to join the suit. My guess is the more plaintiffs, the better chance it has to succeed.
Doc Holliday
Gunny Hartman said:

Everybody here that received those texts should make sure to join the suit. My guess is the more plaintiffs, the better chance it has to succeed.

I've already signed up.

You can check with you phone provider and get the data too in case you deleted the texts.
YoakDaddy
I got another text today!
quash
I got one and blocked it. No harm, no $500.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Doc Holliday
quash said:

Sounds like the text convinced you to vote for O'Rourke.
quash
Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Is that how you read that?
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Doc Holliday
quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Are you voting for O'Rourke or not?
BaylorBJM
Just received an unsolicited text from a Jess at the Ted Cruz campaign.

Who can I sue?
Doc Holliday
BaylorBJM said:

Just received an unsolicited text from a Jess at the Ted Cruz campaign.

Who can I sue?
At some point you had to sign up for those or consent...
BaylorBJM
Can't recall where I would have EVER consented to anything Cruz-related but I guess I'll take your word for it.
quash
Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Are you voting for O'Rourke or not?
For the third time, dude: Dikeman.
EatMoreSalmon
I'm for suing any politician or organization that does the unsolicited texts in ways to circumvent blocking them. Like changing their phone source and issuing the texts again to the same people.
MilliVanilli
EatMoreSalmon said:

I'm for suing any politician or organization that does the unsolicited texts in ways to circumvent blocking them. Like changing their phone source and issuing the texts again to the same people.
Yep, a painful financial hit via suit is the only way to get their attention in all likelihood.

Punishing their campaign war chests would definitely get them to heed notice.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.