NRA continues its self destruction

11,417 Views | 131 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by xiledinok
Sam Lowry
How long do you want to ignore this user?
El Oso said:

Probably fairly close to the way it did in 1776.

Waco1947
El Oso said:

The state legislatures came together to authorize a revolution. Those were state authorized militias and a national continental army
How would you organize one today?
90sBear
Waco1947 said:

El Oso said:

The state legislatures came together to authorize a revolution. Those were state authorized militias and a national continental army
Gosh, if only there were some kind of network or other technologies available for people to communicate with.
El Oso
Waco1947 said:

El Oso said:

Again, point me to our militia problem.

You can't. So you're making a problem where one doesn't exist because you got your ass handed to you on the history of the second amendment.

We get it. You know nothing about guns or that 99.3% of people who own one, do so responsibly.
Waco1947
El Oso said:

Waco1947 said:

El Oso said:

You can't. So you're making a problem where one doesn't exist because you got your ass handed to you on the history of the second amendment. ((((Pointless accusation . Way off target)$)))

We get it. You know nothing about guns or that 99.3% of people who own one, do so responsibly.((((((Pointless comment about militia. You are invapacable of an an arguyon Target. It's militia)))))

I did NOT say there was a militia problem. You made up that lie. I asked how does one go about establishing a well regulated militia and organizing a revolution in the 21st century against a tyrannical government? How does a nation/citizen decide our govt is a tyranny?
90sBear
Waco1947 said:

El Oso said:

Waco1947 said:

El Oso said:

You can't. So you're making a problem where one doesn't exist because you got your ass handed to you on the history of the second amendment. ((((Pointless accusation . Way off target)$)))

We get it. You know nothing about guns or that 99.3% of people who own one, do so responsibly.((((((Pointless comment about militia. You are invapacable of an an arguyon Target. It's militia)))))

I did NOT say there was a militia problem. You made up that lie. I asked how does one go about establishing a well regulated militia and organizing a revolution in the 21st century against a tyrannical government? How does a nation/citizen decide our govt is a tyranny?
I would tell you to research the Arab Spring. Tunisia would probably be the lone success story of that period.
Waco1947
True? Do gun guys think about that?
quash
Waco1947 said:

Gun guys? Gun guys are not pigeonholed into groupthink. Gun guys are every shade in the political spectrum.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Waco1947
quash said:

Waco1947 said:

Gun guys? Gun guys are not pigeonholed into groupthink. Gun guys are every shade in the political spectrum.
Then do you think that?
90sBear
Waco1947 said:

Think about what? And what is a "gun guy"?
Waco1947
90sBear said:

Waco1947 said:

Think about what?
I asked how does one go about establishing a well regulated militia and organizing a revolution in the 21st century against a tyrannical government? How does a nation/citizen decide our govt is a tyranny? The Arab spring has been suggested as one model but what about an American model? I's it simply an organic up rising? Or state leges? Or want? Any advance thinking about when a govt teaches s tyrannical threshold?
Jack Bauer
Waco1947 said:

90sBear said:

Waco1947 said:

Think about what?
I asked how does one go about establishing a well regulated militia and organizing a revolution in the 21st century against a tyrannical government? How does a nation/citizen decide our govt is a tyranny? The Arab spring has been suggested as one model but what about an American model? I's it simply an organic up rising? Or state leges? Or want? Any advance thinking about when a govt teaches s tyrannical threshold?

Do you know what happened on July 4, 1776? That's exactly what you are describing.
90sBear
Waco1947 said:

90sBear said:

Waco1947 said:

Think about what?
What you are asking for are hypothetical possibilities which means almost any hypothetical answer is possible. What would be the American response be to aliens landing in the middle of Central Park? There are a lot of variables there that makes the question impossible to accurately predict exactly how something might play out.

There are researchers who discuss this and often use the Arab Spring as a modern day example for what what you are asking might look like. This is why I suggested you research it. Yet you seem to not want to do any work yourself on this subject.

Also you did not answer, what is a "Gun Guy"?
quash
Jack Bauer said:

Waco1947 said:

90sBear said:

Waco1947 said:

Think about what?

Do you know what happened on July 4, 1776? That's exactly what you are describing.
April 21, 1775 might be a better analog. Go back another century or so in England during the Monmouth rebellion and at least two militias participated in that one.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
El Oso
Waco1947 said:

quash said:

Waco1947 said:

quash said:

Waco1947 said:

I shouldn't be surprised but the paranoia rage that erupts here is stunning in its depth and intensity.
It is immediate and reflexive.
Gun safety should be a concept to which we can all agree. Yet somehow 'gun safety' is transmuted into a lie. Strange indeed. The 2 words "gun safety" are so strongly opposed.
Gun safety means more to those of us who own guns.
. Please say more.

If you don't have a gun in your house gun safety is kinda irrelevant. We owners live with it, not in fear but in responsibility.
. Not to split too many hairs but a gun in the House means you do live in fear of home invasion. (And for some fear of government). You may be do it responsibly but fear is the driver
I live with the same fears but without a gun. . I wish the responsibility part was true of all of you. But we are all human.

No it doesn't. My front door is only locked when I'm not home. I'm not afraid of my neighborhood. If I was, I would move.

I am prepared for the negative though.
Waco1947
And going forward? How does organize a well regulated militia? Just a bunch of guys believe there is tyranny? What if the vast majority don't believe it?
Waco1947
My apologies for using the trigger word "gun guys." I take it back.
quash
Waco1947 said:

And going forward? How does organize a well regulated militia? Just a bunch of guys believe there is tyranny? What if the vast majority don't believe it?
It's not about believing there is tyranny. Did you read the Texas Militia link I posted? Just google em.
Waco1947
quash said:

Waco1947 said:

It's not about believing there is tyranny. Did you read the Texas Militia link I posted? Just google em.

I read it and they scare me. Sure they have rights but their right end at my skin. Plus this nonsense
"Militiamen realize, as did the founding fathers who threw off the tyranny of the British; that our rights come directly from God himself who is a higher authority than any government. On April 19, 1775 when government troops marched on Lexington and Concord to begin gun confiscation it was militiamen who stopped them firing the shot against tyranny that was heard around the world which started the United States of America. Without the militia there never would have been a USA.". "God himself"
Sam Lowry
Waco1947 said:

quash said:

Waco1947 said:

I read it and they scare me. Sure they have rights but their right end at my skin. Plus this nonsense
"Militiamen realize, as did the founding fathers who threw off the tyranny of the British; that our rights come directly from God himself who is a higher authority than any government. On April 19, 1775 when government troops marched on Lexington and Concord to begin gun confiscation it was militiamen who stopped them firing the shot against tyranny that was heard around the world which started the United States of America. Without the militia there never would have been a USA.". "God himself"
If you don't think rights come from God, you're in the wrong line of work.
Waco1947
No I on the right line. I don't transpose my theology to a theocracy. My theology is to call forth faith in God.
Sam Lowry
Waco1947 said:

No I on the right line. I don't transpose my theology to a theocracy. My theology is to call forth faith in God.
Our founders were not theocrats.
quash
Waco1947 said:

quash said:

Waco1947 said:

They don't scare me in the least, I just disagree about the source of our rights, and disagreements are not something to fear.
xiledinok
The NRA wrote the modern gun laws that were signed into law with the 1968 crime bill.
There's no excitement in the gun industry. Go to the gun show and you ll find more people behind the tables than shopping for a gun.
The NRA doesn't represent the average gun owner and have made themselves into a failing lobby group and not much else.
YoakDaddy
My son and I went out to the ranch yesterday and shot a few different kinds of guns. How's that for some John Locke natural rights: right of self defense and right of private property!
quash
YoakDaddy said:

My son and I went out to the ranch yesterday and shot a few different kinds of guns. How's that for some John Locke natural rights: right of self defense and right of private property!

Two man militia?
YoakDaddy
quash said:

YoakDaddy said:

Two man militia?

We had enough ammo for 10 men and my son shot like he was 3 men. He beat me with my own SigSauer on our targets nailed to the fence posts.
xiledinok
Went to a gun show yesterday. The $14 wasn't worth it. They tables had very little to offer and the show had empty tables.
It was big on accessories and AR-15s kits etc...boring...
There was a nice table for concealed permits but that's not important since our new governor promised to sign constitutional carry. Unless he lies like the previous liar (she wouldn't have been elected but for lying about this issue), we are one step closer to be able to have a joint in our mouth, whxre on our arm and a gun on our hip.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.