In move that surprises no one, racist Academy Awards force Kevin Hart to step down

3,575 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Doc Holliday
contrario
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The Academy Awards has a long history of trying to keep black people doen. This is just the latest example.

Discuss.
cowboycwr
I don't care about who hosts the show (haven't watched in over a decade) but I thought the headline I saw said it was because of a comment from years ago that the LGBTQ community didn't like?
Jack Bauer
He made jokes on twitter 7 years ago about gay people.

He also made jokes about white people and black people and lots of other people.
That's what comedians do.

George Carlin and Richard Pryor wouldn't have a snowball's chance in today's world...
Doc Holliday
Jack Bauer said:

He also made jokes about white people and black people and lots of other people.

George Carlin and Richard Pryor wouldn't have a snowball's chance in today's world...
And then a Rapper has lyrics about selling bricks of coke, choking his GF and blasting brains on the pavement...and he gets an award!

Backwards world.
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." ~ John Adams
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Jack Bauer said:

Ole Archie Bunker would have a tough time as well.
cinque
Rear your children to be kind and to never make fun of people and they won't have to worry about some mean, ignorant social media comment made 15 years ago.
contrario
cinque said:

Rear your children to be kind and to never make fun of people and they won't have to worry about some mean, ignorant social media comment made 15 years ago.
So will you denounce mean and ignorant social media posts that are made about people on the right from people on the left?

Seems to me they are trying to keep a black man down while if a white woman made a similar joke, she may just get promoted to the NYT editorial board.
cinque
contrario said:

cinque said:

So will you denounce mean and ignorant social media posts that are made about people on the right from people on the left?

Seems to me they are trying to keep a black man down while if a white woman made a similar joke, she may just get promoted to the NYT editorial board.
I said nothing about the right or left in my post. Why make this political?
contrario
cinque said:

contrario said:

cinque said:

Because this is a political message board and this is a political statement being made by the Academy. If Kathy Griffin had been hired to host, as an example, she wouldn't be asked to step down because of her hateful and ignorant Tweets and statements made about people on the right. So the Academy is making a clear political stance that gays are more important than jokes made by black comedians. None of this is surprising because the Academy has a long history of not treating black people fairly, but I know you know that already.
cinque
contrario said:

cinque said:

contrario said:

cinque said:

The Rear your children to be kind and to never make fun of people and they won't have to worry about some mean, ignorant social media comment made 15 years ago.

Because this is a political message board and this is a political statement being made by the Academy. If Kathy Griffin had been hired to host, as an example, she wouldn't be asked to step down because of her hateful and ignorant Tweets and statements made about people on the right. So the Academy is making a clear political stance that gays are more important than jokes made by black comedians. None of this is surprising because the Academy has a long history of not treating black people fairly, but I know you know that already.
None of which has anything to do with my statement about rearing children to be kind.
contrario
cinque said:

contrario said:

cinque said:

contrario said:

cinque said:

The Rear your children to be kind and to never make fun of people and they won't have to worry about some mean, ignorant social media comment made 15 years ago.

None of which has anything to do with my statement about rearing children to be kind.
I agree children should be kind. I believe all people should be kind to one another, regardless of race, religion, sexual orientation, etc. So with that in mind, and to the point I made, will you denounce mean and ignorant social media posts that are made about people on the right from people on the left? Because I denounce all hate, whether it is directed at someone on the left or the right. Do you join my sentiment?
4th and Inches
cinque said:

practice what you preach...
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Doc Holliday
To be offended is a choice. It's not a condition inflicted or imposed on someone.

It's super trendy to be outraged and we can't keep going down this path. People are offended by a virtually infinite amount of things.
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." ~ John Adams
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
It is kinda fun watching Hollywood eat their own.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
FormerFlash
contrario said:

cinque said:

contrario said:

cinque said:

contrario said:

cinque said:

I agree children should be kind. I believe all people should be kind to one another, regardless of race, religion, sexual orientation, etc. So with that in mind, and to the point I made, will you denounce mean and ignorant social media posts that are made about people on the right from people on the left? Because I denounce all hate, whether it is directed at someone on the left or the right. Do you join my sentiment?
Posts and replies were coming every couple of minutes, but the moment you ask Cinque a clear question requiring a response, crickets for hours. Deflecting responses are all Cinque knows and direct questions wont be entertained. You should know that by now.
Sic Everyone.
contrario
FormerFlash said:

contrario said:

cinque said:

contrario said:

cinque said:

contrario said:

cinque said:

Posts and replies were coming every couple of minutes, but the moment you ask Cinque a clear question requiring a response, crickets for hours. Deflecting responses are all Cinque knows and direct questions wont be entertained. You should know that by now.
Yes, I noticed that also. I'm not sure why it's so hard for cinque to denounce all hate. The selective outrage is startling.
Jack Bauer
I've taught my kids to take a joke, learn to be offended and to forgive others... not be part of a twitter shaming mob.

Also, I think they should just cancel all awards shows.
Canada2017
cinque said:

contrario said:

cinque said:

contrario said:

cinque said:

I strongly doubt you have any children of your own to rear.
contrario
contrario said:

cinque said:

contrario said:

cinque said:

contrario said:

cinque said:

cinque?
cinque
Gruvin said:

cinque said:

practice what you preach...
I try
cinque
contrario said:

contrario said:

cinque said:

contrario said:

cinque said:

contrario said:

cinque said:

cinque?
I stand by my earlier statement that affirms the need to train our children to be kind. When we do that, they'll have nothing to apologize for later in life.
contrario
cinque said:

contrario said:

contrario said:

cinque said:

contrario said:

cinque said:

contrario said:

cinque said:

cinque?
I stand by my earlier statement that affirms the need to train our children to be kind. When we do that, they'll have nothing to apologize for later in life.
You are the most uncommiting person on earth. Are you against hate speech against all people whether it is on the left or right, yes or no?
quash
FormerFlash said:

contrario said:

cinque said:

contrario said:

cinque said:

contrario said:

cinque said:

He replied within 10 minutes. What is your crickets level? 9 Minutes?
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
contrario
quash said:

FormerFlash said:

contrario said:

cinque said:

contrario said:

cinque said:

contrario said:

cinque said:

12:08pm to 5:24pm. Do better math.
LIB,MR BEARS
contrario said:

quash said:

FormerFlash said:

contrario said:

cinque said:

contrario said:

cinque said:

contrario said:

cinque said:

poster child for school choice
BaylorOkie
contrario said:

quash said:

FormerFlash said:

contrario said:

cinque said:

contrario said:

cinque said:

contrario said:

cinque said:

That can't be right. Quash is smarter than everyone else on this board. If you dont believe me, just ask him.

Oh, he's also not a liberal that defends cinque every chance he gets. If you don't believe me, just ask him.
4th and Inches
contrario said:

quash said:

FormerFlash said:

contrario said:

cinque said:

contrario said:

cinque said:

contrario said:

cinque said:

close enough- maybe a rounding error?
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
cinque
contrario said:

quash said:

FormerFlash said:

contrario said:

cinque said:

contrario said:

cinque said:

contrario said:

cinque said:

PThe Rear your children to be kind and to never make fun of people and they won't have to worry about some mean, ignorant social media comment made 15 years ago.

What's my window? I need to know going forward.
quash
contrario said:

quash said:

FormerFlash said:

contrario said:

cinque said:

contrario said:

cinque said:

contrario said:

cinque said:

11:56 to 12:06. That's ten minutes in my world.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
quash
BaylorOkie said:

contrario said:

quash said:

FormerFlash said:

contrario said:

cinque said:

contrario said:

cinque said:

contrario said:

cinque said:

That can't be right. Quash is smarter than everyone else on this board. If you dont believe me, just ask him.

Oh, he's also not a liberal that defends cinque every chance he gets. If you don't believe me, just ask him.

Who are you? And, please, quote me claiming to be smarter than everyone else.
LIB,MR BEARS
quash said:

BaylorOkie said:

contrario said:

quash said:

FormerFlash said:

contrario said:

cinque said:

contrario said:

cinque said:

contrario said:

cinque said:

LOL! Quash, it is a bit funny that you contested the obviously tongue in cheek comment about claiming to be smarter than everyone else but let stand the liberal/Cinque comment.
Doc Holliday
LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

BaylorOkie said:

contrario said:

quash said:

FormerFlash said:

contrario said:

cinque said:

contrario said:

cinque said:

contrario said:

cinque said:

LOL! Quash, it is a bit funny that you contested the obviously tongue in cheek comment about claiming to be smarter than everyone else but let stand the liberal/Cinque comment.
He always does this. He never challenges their rhetoric or opinions.

I think he might be a pony tailed hippy who got indoctrinated in the 60's.
quash
LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

BaylorOkie said:

contrario said:

quash said:

FormerFlash said:

contrario said:

cinque said:

contrario said:

cinque said:

contrario said:

cinque said:

I have rebutted that numerous times. You really want me to do it again?
quash
Doc Holliday said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

BaylorOkie said:

contrario said:

quash said:

FormerFlash said:

contrario said:

cinque said:

contrario said:

cinque said:

contrario said:

cinque said:

He always does this. He never challenges their rhetoric or opinions.

I think he might be a pony tailed hippy who got indoctrinated in the 60's.

Look, I always cut people slack for getting that wrong because it is unfair to expect you to read every single one of my posts, just as I don't read all of yours.

But as I say, every ****ing time, I rarely read cinque threads; when I do there have already been appropriate responses and I don't go in for piling on the way the Coup Cucks Clan does. But, when I see a post that I disagree with by cinque, I say so. What makes ne a little different is that I don't get all emotional about his failure to address my argument. It's what he does. But I have challenged, cinque, jinx and Waco47 on many, many occasions.

And I'll soon face this same ridiculous allegation again.
cowboycwr
quash said:

contrario said:

quash said:

FormerFlash said:

contrario said:

cinque said:

contrario said:

cinque said:

contrario said:

cinque said:

11:56 to 12:06. That's ten minutes in my world.

That may have been his next post but it wasn't an answer to the question. But we get it. You have to defend your girlfriend.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.