In move that surprises no one, racist Academy Awards force Kevin Hart to step down

3,576 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Doc Holliday
Jack Bauer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
When is Mika resigning from MSNBC?

contrario
quash said:

contrario said:

quash said:

FormerFlash said:

contrario said:

cinque said:

contrario said:

cinque said:

contrario said:

cinque said:

The Rear your children to be kind and to never make fun of people and they won't have to worry about some mean, ignorant social media comment made 15 years ago.
So will you denounce mean and ignorant social media posts that are made about people on the right from people on the left?

Seems to me they are trying to keep a black man down while if a white woman made a similar joke, she may just get promoted to the NYT editorial board.
I said nothing about the right or left in my post. Why make this political?
Because this is a political message board and this is a political statement being made by the Academy. If Kathy Griffin had been hired to host, as an example, she wouldn't be asked to step down because of her hateful and ignorant Tweets and statements made about people on the right. So the Academy is making a clear political stance that gays are more important than jokes made by black comedians. None of this is surprising because the Academy has a long history of not treating black people fairly, but I know you know that already.
None of which has anything to do with my statement about rearing children to be kind.
I agree children should be kind. I believe all people should be kind to one another, regardless of race, religion, sexual orientation, etc. So with that in mind, and to the point I made, will you denounce mean and ignorant social media posts that are made about people on the right from people on the left? Because I denounce all hate, whether it is directed at someone on the left or the right. Do you join my sentiment?
Posts and replies were coming every couple of minutes, but the moment you ask Cinque a clear question requiring a response, crickets for hours. Deflecting responses are all Cinque knows and direct questions wont be entertained. You should know that by now.
He replied within 10 minutes. What is your crickets level? 9 Minutes?
12:08pm to 5:24pm. Do better math.

11:56 to 12:06. That's ten minutes in my world.
Right...but the post Formerflash was quoting was made at 12:08 and it took Cinque several hours to respond after that to that post. Just admit you made a mistake. It's ok, we all do.
Forest Bueller
Doc Holliday said:

To be offended is a choice. It's not a condition inflicted or imposed on someone.

It's super trendy to be outraged and we can't keep going down this path. People are offended by a virtually infinite amount of things.

"Cultural appropriation" is the dumbest offense I've seen yet. Kids have gotten bent out of shape over hoop earrings being worn by someone they don't approve of.

"Mansplaining" has to run a close second, I mean good grief men kinda just be quite most of the time, while women run that mouth non-stop. Mansplaining must really mean, I've been talking for 55 minutes straight, now shut up you don't get 30 seconds.

Stupid stuff.
quash
contrario said:

quash said:

contrario said:

quash said:

FormerFlash said:

contrario said:

cinque said:

contrario said:

cinque said:

contrario said:

cinque said:

The Rear your children to be kind and to never make fun of people and they won't have to worry about some mean, ignorant social media comment made 15 years ago.
So will you denounce mean and ignorant social media posts that are made about people on the right from people on the left?

Seems to me they are trying to keep a black man down while if a white woman made a similar joke, she may just get promoted to the NYT editorial board.
I said nothing about the right or left in my post. Why make this political?
Because this is a political message board and this is a political statement being made by the Academy. If Kathy Griffin had been hired to host, as an example, she wouldn't be asked to step down because of her hateful and ignorant Tweets and statements made about people on the right. So the Academy is making a clear political stance that gays are more important than jokes made by black comedians. None of this is surprising because the Academy has a long history of not treating black people fairly, but I know you know that already.
None of which has anything to do with my statement about rearing children to be kind.
I agree children should be kind. I believe all people should be kind to one another, regardless of race, religion, sexual orientation, etc. So with that in mind, and to the point I made, will you denounce mean and ignorant social media posts that are made about people on the right from people on the left? Because I denounce all hate, whether it is directed at someone on the left or the right. Do you join my sentiment?
Posts and replies were coming every couple of minutes, but the moment you ask Cinque a clear question requiring a response, crickets for hours. Deflecting responses are all Cinque knows and direct questions wont be entertained. You should know that by now.
He replied within 10 minutes. What is your crickets level? 9 Minutes?
12:08pm to 5:24pm. Do better math.

11:56 to 12:06. That's ten minutes in my world.
Right...but the post Formerflash was quoting was made at 12:08 and it took Cinque several hours to respond after that to that post. Just admit you made a mistake. It's ok, we all do.

Y'all were talking about a different post. Ok.

So how fast do the crickets come out around here?
FormerFlash
It really doesn't have anything to do with a timeframe. The crickets seem to show up the moment Cinque is asked a direct question.
Sic Everyone.
quash
FormerFlash said:

It really doesn't have anything to do with a timeframe. The crickets seem to show up the moment Cinque is asked a direct question.

Ah, so you can use crickets any time.
Doc Holliday
Forest Bueller said:

Doc Holliday said:

To be offended is a choice. It's not a condition inflicted or imposed on someone.

It's super trendy to be outraged and we can't keep going down this path. People are offended by a virtually infinite amount of things.

"Cultural appropriation" is the dumbest offense I've seen yet. Kids have gotten bent out of shape over hoop earrings being worn by someone they don't approve of.

"Mansplaining" has to run a close second, I mean good grief men kinda just be quite most of the time, while women run that mouth non-stop. Mansplaining must really mean, I've been talking for 55 minutes straight, now shut up you don't get 30 seconds.

Stupid stuff.
Yep.

But it's much worse than that:

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." ~ John Adams
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.