25th Street Theater to be demolished

6,829 Views | 91 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Waco1947
cowboycwr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
For those old Waco/Baylor people this may be a place full of many memories. For me it was closed by the time I got to Baylor. The city bought the building back in May but says it is too far gone to renovate. So it will be demolished and a new fire station will be built.

https://www.wacotrib.com/news/fire/th-street-theatre-will-be-razed-for-new-fire-facility/article_27d417c5-d14b-5254-b2fc-c9742b9d907e.html?block_id=1367094
Malbec
Next year will be 40 years since the last movie I saw there. The Warriors.

"..Come out to plaaaay-yay."
Waco1947
$.25 Saturday movies and $.25 hot dog at Tarvets 5 & 10 Split and cooked in butter. We owned a laundry behind Tarvers. $.25 to wash $.10 to dry. $.05 Coke.
My job fill the Coke machine and clean washers and empty coin boxes.
Redbrickbear
sucks that it could not be saved.

old remolded buildings are a cool part of any city.

And an old theater is awesome.
cowboycwr
Redbrickbear said:

I hear this all the time.

But it had collapsed. It was a dump. It was located in a part of town that NO ONE goes to anymore, unless you live there or are driving through. So the location was horrible. It could have been upgraded with state of the art everything, the most comfortable chairs, a massage for each movie goer, beer, etc and would have failed because of one thing.

LOCATION.

When I go to the movies I do not care if the theater is old or awesome. I care about the screen, view to the screen, sound, chairs, parking close by, etc. Oh and if I am going to get mugged or not on the way back to my car....
Malbec
Is MC's still there?
robby44
Many great nights at 25th
quash
Malbec said:

Is MC's still there?

Oh man, great question, I had forgotten about that place.

Saw ET at 25th St. and the poster for Star Wars, my first contact with the franchise. Who is that chick in the white dress?
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
PartyBear
cowboycwr said:

Redbrickbear said:

I hear this all the time.

But it had collapsed. It was a dump. It was located in a part of town that NO ONE goes to anymore, unless you live there or are driving through. So the location was horrible. It could have been upgraded with state of the art everything, the most comfortable chairs, a massage for each movie goer, beer, etc and would have failed because of one thing.

LOCATION.

When I go to the movies I do not care if the theater is old or awesome. I care about the screen, view to the screen, sound, chairs, parking close by, etc. Oh and if I am going to get mugged or not on the way back to my car....
Exactly and had it been located between 25 the and the river on Austin Ave it would have been guaranteed a major rehab and used either as a theater or something else.
Brian Ethridge
Staff

Duck and cover if you're in these...
Brian Ethridge
Staff
cowboycwr
Malbec said:

Is MC's still there?

What is MC's and where was it?
Malbec
cowboycwr said:

Malbec said:

Is MC's still there?

It was one of those infamous Waco dives next block over from the theater. The kind of place where you hoped nobody would recognize you, but you still went there 100 times. And if somebody did know you, they wouldn't tell anybody, because that would mean admitting that they were there too. But, the beer was cold and the food was familiar and the decor was yesterday enough so that you knew your grandparents hung out there when they were your age, and probably still did.
robby44
Brian Ethridge said:

Front 242!
This had to be around '88 or '89
I was always surprised hearing stuff in Waco that you would hear in Dallas, LA or NYC
Waco1947
GolemIII said:

Waco1947 said:

$.25 Saturday movies and $.25 hot dog at Tarvets 5 & 10 Split and cooked in butter. We owned a laundry behind Tarvers. $.25 to wash $.10 to dry. $.05 Coke.

How much were the abortions?
Go to hell you damn jerk who hates women.
Waco1947
cowboycwr
Malbec said:

cowboycwr said:

Malbec said:

Is MC's still there?

It was one of those infamous Waco dives next block over from the theater. The kind of place where you hoped nobody would recognize you, but you still went there 100 times. And if somebody did know you, they wouldn't tell anybody, because that would mean admitting that they were there too. But, the beer was cold and the food was familiar and the decor was yesterday enough so that you knew your grandparents hung out there when they were your age, and probably still did.

Oh mc's bar and grill. It closed a while back. Can't remember when. It was closed for a long time and then opened back up some time around 2003 to 2005 and was open until maybe 09 or 10 when I think it shut down for good. Mainly because it was a huuuge TABC violator.
cowboycwr
Waco1947 said:

GolemIII said:

Waco1947 said:

How very Christian of you. And preacher like.
Waco1947
cowboycwr said:

Waco1947 said:

GolemIII said:

Waco1947 said:

How Christian of you to hate women and the child the day after it's born. Welcome to the legion of jerks who have no empathy for women or children but only for the guy in their mirror. May God expand your world and create love in your heart so you will not hijack a thread on a great icon of Waco history. You are a sad human to splash your hate around on us.
Waco1947
Golem
But seriously, how much did people like you pay to murder babies back then? Are you nostalgic over the coat hangers?
Golem
Waco1947 said:

GolemIII said:

Waco1947 said:

You are very beta male. You were that guy who figured out that if you played the 'sensitive male feminist' role, you could get pity sex once in a while when there were no real men around to do the job for the ladies who suffered you to be around them. I bet you can't count the number of times one or another women you wanted said "You're such a good friend" after her telling you about the alpha male she kept going back to even though he refused to read Gloria Steinem (whom you could quote) and you smiled sadly, knowing you would go home alone...again. But it was probably for the best since you would have just disappointed them anyway.
Waco1947
GolemIII said:

Waco1947 said:

GolemIII said:

Waco1947 said:

You are very beta male. You were that guy who figured out that if you played the 'sensitive male feminist' role, you could get pity sex once in a while when there were no real men around to do the job for the ladies who suffered you to be around them. I bet you can't count the number of times one or another women you wanted said "You're such a good friend" after her telling you about the alpha male she kept going back to even though he refused to read Gloria Steinem (whom you could quote) and you smiled sadly, knowing you would go home alone...again. But it was probably for the best since you would have just disappointed them anyway.
Thank you Doctor G. Yes I was the Beta Male. It seems respect for women and theighr yo choose was what they wanted in man. Your right I can count the number of times women called me friend. I was either in a relationship or married so it was ok. The good news is I had friends - female and male. I could hang out with the women and talk changing diapers, cleaning house, grocery store price comparisons, listen to their grief at the passsing of mothers or miscarriage or failure of a marriage, finding faith in God or I could go to the next room and talk football AND the same issues as the women because we are in this life together. I am glad to be a beta male and have friends. Thank you for the compliment
Waco1947
Booray
Thread derail complete.
cowboycwr
Waco1947 said:

cowboycwr said:

Waco1947 said:

GolemIII said:

Waco1947 said:

How Christian of you to hate women and the child the day after it's born. Welcome to the legion of jerks who have no empathy for women or children but only for the guy in their mirror. May God expand your world and create love in your heart so you will not hijack a thread on a great icon of Waco history. You are a sad human to splash your hate around on us.

What the actual ****?

Where did I say I hate women? Where did I say I hate children?

I simply pointed out you were not being Christian like or preacher like.

I said nothing of hate. Only you did. You are a sad angry man. You spread hate on this board and attack people personally from behind your keyboard. It really is sad.
cowboycwr
Booray said:

Thread derail complete.

47 does it on every thread he is on.
Malbec
I think someone needs to contact the UMC for a disavowal on 47. He's really making them look bad.
Waco1947
cowboycwr said:

Booray said:

Thread derail complete.

Not me jerko. I have a story of my days as a kid at the the theater and owning the laundry behind someone else took it down the rabbit hole. Apparently there's a gang that takes turn attacking me. Take with the administrators not me.
PS cowboy you are one the jerks. I did not detail. Check the record.
Waco1947
Waco1947
Administrators, I am not ok with the these numb nuts derailing every thread over my pro choice stance.
If you let them keep it up you will lose readers.

I loved the 25th street theater but the jerks quickly derailed it.
I nhave written several times and never get a response. Please regain control. Before the imature and vendetta types ruin for us all
Waco1947
Golem
But seriously, wire coat hangers must have been like a penny for a dozen back then. You had to love that. All those dead babies for a penny. Boy howdy! Inflation is something isn't it.
quash
GolemIII said:

But seriously, wire coat hangers must have been like a penny for a dozen back then. You had to love that. All those dead babies for a penny. Boy howdy! Inflation is something isn't it.

Golem thinks these posts of his are funny. Too many of you are missing the hateful joke.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Waco1947
Malbec said:

I think someone needs to contact the UMC for a disavowal on 47. He's really making them look bad.
Humanity called. Strangely enough they wondered about your ability to focus on the 25th st Theater.
Waco1947
xiledinok
Sign of the times. Cities must rid themselves of blight.
It must suck for some that abortion rights were traded for the oil export embargo to be lifted.
The Republicans traded a fight over abortion for the exporting oil. Nancy P and O bought abortion rights for money in the pocket. Those crying need to must feel the pain that Obama flipped the script for temporary cash.
Malbec
Waco1947 said:

Malbec said:

Humanity called. Strangely enough they wondered about your ability to focus on the 25th st Theater.
If they called you, it's because they dialed the wrong number.
cowboycwr
Waco1947 said:

cowboycwr said:

Booray said:

Thread derail complete.

Not me jerko. I have a story of my days as a kid at the the theater and owning the laundry behind someone else took it down the rabbit hole. Apparently there's a gang that takes turn attacking me. Take with the administrators not me.
PS cowboy you are one the jerks. I did not detail. Check the record.

Oh look more false preacher.

I said nothing of hate.

But your posts are full of it as you call names and attack.

Step out from behind the keyboard if you want to do that.
cowboycwr
Waco1947 said:

Administrators, I am not ok with the these numb nuts derailing every thread over my pro choice stance.
If you let them keep it up you will lose readers.

I loved the 25th street theater but the jerks quickly derailed it.
I nhave written several times and never get a response. Please regain control. Before the imature and vendetta types ruin for us all
And more false preacher as he continues to attack.

Please tell me which bible verse talks of how jesus went out and called names and personal attacks?

Stop crying to the admin about it. I started the thread. If you don't like it start your own and post to yourself.
cowboycwr
quash said:

GolemIII said:

Golem thinks these posts of his are funny. Too many of you are missing the hateful joke.
How is something that is true hateful?
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.