Grade 3 Reality 2 Reality - Alfred North Whitehead - God & the SecularcWorld

4,058 Views | 59 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Waco1947
Waco1947
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Whitehead
Grade 2 Reality
The 2nd grade is inanimate objects I.e. rocks, cars, mountains, just being there unless acted upon by beings Again God has nothing to do with moving these thing, not in the OT and in the NT. Yet God does act in love with souls and hearts but not on Grade objects.
The "God that acts on things" is an cosmology - worldview with our knowledge of faith he future and for instance cars. God does act on hearts and souls.
Please discuss ideas and not stupidity about me thus showing yourvstudioityband inability to carry on an intelligent conversation.
I am pushing again at the nature of God - a God incapable moving Grade 1 or Grade 2 realities. The are real. Can you prove otherwise.?
Waco1947
Sam Lowry
All the modern things, like cars and such, have always existed. They've just been waiting in a mountain for the right moment, listening to the irritating noises of dinosaurs and people dabbling outside. They've just been waiting to come out and multiply and take over. It's their turn now.
Oldbear83
Miracles happen.

Ergo, God acts in any way, time, or manner as He chooses.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Waco1947
Sam Lowry said:

All the modern things, like cars and such, have always existed. They've just been waiting in a mountain for the right moment, listening to the irritating noises of dinosaurs and people dabbling outside. They've just been waiting to come out and multiply and take over. It's their turn now.
No. they came out at human hands.
Waco1947
BusyTarpDuster2017
Waco1947 said:

Whitehead
Grade 2 Reality
The 2nd grade is inanimate objects I.e. rocks, cars, mountains, just being there unless acted upon by beings Again God has nothing to do with moving these thing, not in the OT and in the NT. Yet God does act in love with souls and hearts but not on Grade objects.
The "God that acts on things" is an cosmology - worldview with our knowledge of faith he future and for instance cars. God does act on hearts and souls.
Please discuss ideas and not stupidity about me thus showing yourvstudioityband inability to carry on an intelligent conversation.
I am pushing again at the nature of God - a God incapable moving Grade 1 or Grade 2 realities. The are real. Can you prove otherwise.?
Job 9:1 and 5 - "Then Job answered and said:... He moves mountains without their knowing it and overturns them in his anger."
***(Later in Job 42:8, God answers Job and says to his friends who were there, "you have not spoken of me what is right, as my servant Job has." In other words, God validated Job's statement.)

Luke 19:37-40 - "As he was drawing nearalready on the way down the Mount of Olivesthe whole multitude of his disciples began to rejoice and praise God with a loud voice for all the mighty works that they had seen, saying, "Blessed is the King who comes in the name of the Lord! Peace in heaven and glory in the highest!" And some of the Pharisees in the crowd said to him, "Teacher, rebuke your disciples." He answered, "I tell you, if these were silent, the very stones would cry out.""

Exodus 9:18 - "Behold, about this time tomorrow I will cause very heavy hail to fall, such as never has been in Egypt from the day it was founded until now."

Zechariah 14:4 - "On that day his feet shall stand on the Mount of Olives.... and the Mount of Olives shall be split in two from east to west by a very wide valley, so that one half of the Mount shall move northward, and the other half southward."

Deuteronomy 11:16-17 - "Take care lest your heart be deceived, and you turn aside and serve other gods and worship them; then the anger of the LORD will be kindled against you, and he will shut up the heavens, so that there will be no rain, and the land will yield no fruit, and you will perish quickly off the good land that the LORD is giving you."

Psalm 60:1-2 - "O God, you have rejected us, broken our defenses; you have been angry; oh, restore us. You have made the land to quake; you have torn it open; repair its breaches, for it totters."

Haggai 2:6 - "For thus says the LORD of hosts: Yet once more, in a little while, I will shake the heavens and the earth and the sea and the dry land."

Psalm 18:7 - "Then the earth reeled and rocked; the foundations also of the mountains trembled and quaked, because he was angry."

Luke 8:24-25 - "And they went and woke him, saying, "Master, Master, we are perishing!" And he awoke and rebuked the wind and the raging waves, and they ceased, and there was a calm. He said to them, "Where is your faith?" And they were afraid, and they marveled, saying to one another, "Who then is this, that he commands even winds and water, and they obey him?""

Just to name a few. And this doesn't even go into creation or the judgements in Revelation.

Waco1947
BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

Whitehead
Grade 2 Reality
Job 9:1 and 5 - "Then Job answered and said:... He moves mountains without their knowing it and overturns them in his anger."
***(Later in Job 42:8, God answers Job and says to his friends who were there, "you have not spoken of me what is right, as my servant Job has." In other words, God validated Job's statement.)

Luke 19:37-40 - "As he was drawing nearalready on the way down the Mount of Olivesthe whole multitude of his disciples began to rejoice and praise God with a loud voice for all the mighty works that they had seen, saying, "Blessed is the King who comes in the name of the Lord! Peace in heaven and glory in the highest!" And some of the Pharisees in the crowd said to him, "Teacher, rebuke your disciples." He answered, "I tell you, if these were silent, the very stones would cry out.""

Exodus 9:18 - "Behold, about this time tomorrow I will cause very heavy hail to fall, such as never has been in Egypt from the day it was founded until now."

Zechariah 14:4 - "On that day his feet shall stand on the Mount of Olives.... and the Mount of Olives shall be split in two from east to west by a very wide valley, so that one half of the Mount shall move northward, and the other half southward."

Deuteronomy 11:16-17 - "Take care lest your heart be deceived, and you turn aside and serve other gods and worship them; then the anger of the LORD will be kindled against you, and he will shut up the heavens, so that there will be no rain, and the land will yield no fruit, and you will perish quickly off the good land that the LORD is giving you."

Psalm 60:1-2 - "O God, you have rejected us, broken our defenses; you have been angry; oh, restore us. You have made the land to quake; you have torn it open; repair its breaches, for it totters."

Haggai 2:6 - "For thus says the LORD of hosts: Yet once more, in a little while, I will shake the heavens and the earth and the sea and the dry land."

Psalm 18:7 - "Then the earth reeled and rocked; the foundations also of the mountains trembled and quaked, because he was angry."

Luke 8:24-25 - "And they went and woke him, saying, "Master, Master, we are perishing!" And he awoke and rebuked the wind and the raging waves, and they ceased, and there was a calm. He said to them, "Where is your faith?" And they were afraid, and they marveled, saying to one another, "Who then is this, that he commands even winds and water, and they obey him?""

Just to name a few. And this doesn't even go into creation or the judgements in Revelation.

Zjist because the Bible ssys doesn't it true. Is their a scientist anywhere who found a power controlling all forces? The Bible is one a 100 hundred holy text claiming a powerful God. All based on a flawed cosmology.
Forest Bueller
Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

Whitehead
Grade 2 Reality

Zjist because the Bible ssys doesn't it true. Is their a scientist anywhere who found a power controlling all forces? The Bible is one a 100 hundred holy text claiming a powerful God. All based on a flawed cosmology.

Here is where we have no common ground 47. There is no God, but only a god, with your understanding.

And if these verses are untrustworthy, then so are the verses about Jesus untrustworthy. If it is just another unreliable book, you can't put any account to any part of it.
Waco1947
Forest Bueller said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

Whitehead
Grade 2 Reality

Here is where we have no common ground 47. There is no God, but only a god, with your understanding.

And if these verses are untrustworthy, then so are the verses about Jesus untrustworthy. If it is just another unreliable book, you can't put any account to any part of it.
Apparently I have a God - a God of love, grace, justice, forgiveness. Isn't that the Biblical God? The verses are untrustworthy about physics not faith. The Bible does claim to be a science book but s book of faith. What's wrong with my God of love. It's pretty clear in scripture that I am right.
Sam Lowry
Waco1947 said:

Forest Bueller said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

Whitehead
Grade 2 Reality

Apparently I have a God - a God of love, grace, justice, forgiveness. Isn't that the Biblical God? The verses are untrustworthy about physics not faith. The Bible does claim to be a science book but s book of faith. What's wrong with my God of love. It's pretty clear in scripture that I am right.
God's power over physical forces is entirely a question of theology -- not physics.
Waco1947
Sam Lowry said:

Waco1947 said:

Forest Bueller said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

Whitehead
Grade 2 Reality

God's power over physical forces is entirely a question of theology -- not physics.
which theological questions does that power answer?
Oldbear83
Waco's god needs his permission.

That's all you need to know, to tell whether Waco worships God, or just Waco as god.
Sam Lowry
Waco1947 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Waco1947 said:

Forest Bueller said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

Whitehead
Grade 2 Reality

which theological questions does that power answer?
Omnipotence. It's one of the attributes of the biblical God.
YoakDaddy
Are you trying to tell me Jesus Christ can't hit a curve ball?
Forest Bueller
Waco1947 said:

Forest Bueller said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

Whitehead
Grade 2 Reality

47 I didn't say there was anything wrong with the love part of God as God IS love.

But, the Biblical God is also a God of omnipotent power.

Quote:

Jeremiah 27:5

"I have made the earth, the men and the beasts which are on the face of the earth by My great power and by My outstretched arm, and I will give it to the one who is pleasing in My sight.

There are many others, but when you say, I made it all, then say I give it to whom I wish, that is a God that supersedes any physical constraint. He controls it all.

You cannot say, well that's the Bible and you can't count that, because well, it's the Bible. Then turn around and justify something using the same Bible. This is where your conflict is.

I believe it all to be trustworthy. Jeremiah 27:5 is not trying to give us a lesson in Physics. It is however telling us of the Almighty Power of an Almighty God.
BusyTarpDuster2017
Waco1947 said:

Forest Bueller said:

But didn't you JUST tell me :

"Zjist(Just) because the Bible ssys(says it) doesn't (mean) it('s) true."

LIB,MR BEARS
Apparently I have a God dollar bill - a God dollar bill love of the US mint, grace green, justice with numbers, forgiveness and a president's image. Isn't that the Biblical God US currency?

COUNTERFEIT.
Waco1947
YoakDaddy said:

Are you trying to tell me Jesus Christ can't hit a curve ball?
I don't know. Probably not unless he cheats and Jesus doesn't cheat.
Waco1947
BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

Forest Bueller said:

Ehy yes I did but the question was about God's supposed all powerful abilities. I said the real issue of God, the one that counts to people is "Is God there for me in Hod's full presence of love and does God's grace cover my sin?" The answer to that question is yes

Don't twist it. You lift one answer from another to answer a question.
For example earlier you said 2+2=4 and now you say 3+3.= 6". So which is it 4 or 6.. both snswets yes but to different questions. Whiff try again

But didn't you JUST tell me :

"Zjist(Just) because the Bible ssys(says it) doesn't (mean) it('s) true."

Waco1947
It's simple. What "proof is there that God is all powerful?"

Your answer "The Bible says so and here's 10 examples."

Where I'd thise examples come from? " The Bible"

Any outside sources? No. Then why believe nonsense. Why not believe in a God of Live and faith? That God is real.
LIB,MR BEARS
Waco1947 said:

Any outside sources? No. Then why believe nonsense. Why not believe in a God of Live and faith? That God is real.
i see you point 47. Using one source to prove something from that same source.

If only he had a collection of writings, say about 66 of them.
Waco1947
LIB,MR BEARS said:

Waco1947 said:

i see you point 47. Using one source to prove something from that same source.

If only he had a collection of writings, say about 66 of them.
Then there would 66 pets in the circle and it would still be a circle?
Waco1947
But what about "The 2nd grade is inanimate objects I.e. rocks, cars, mountains, just being there unless acted upon by beings Again God has nothing to do with moving these thing, not in the OT and in the NT. Yet God does act in love with souls and hearts but not on Grade objects.
Please discuss ideas and not stupidity about me thus showing inability to carry on an intelligent conversation.
I am pushing again at the nature of God - a God incapable moving Grade 1 or Grade 2 realities. The are real. Can you prove otherwise.?"
Oldbear83
If God exists as described in the Bible, arguendo He must be capable of anything His creations can do. So, since humans have some limited ability to control and affect their environment, God must be able to do so, and to a greater extent.

Waco, stop whining about your hurt feelings and tell me if you can agree with this contention, and if not, on what grounds?

Thank you.
Waco1947
Oldbear83 said:

If God exists as described in the Bible, arguendo He must be capable of anything His creations can do. So, since humans have some limited ability to control and affect their environment, God must be able to do so, and to a greater extent.

Waco, stop whining about your hurt feelings and tell me if you can agree with this contention, and if not, on what grounds?

Thank you.
My "feeelings" are not hurt. Why should they be? That's silliness God is not all powerful and only a silly circular argument supports your position. Every religion from the dawn of timevbrlieved a god was all perrg and the only proof was a circulat argument. "Wr believe it because our holy people do or holy Scripture does." You have no proofbas to which is right and you have no outside truth like say science. It's impossible to prove God causes hurricanes.
Oldbear83
Waco1947 said:

Oldbear83 said:

Thank you.
My "feeelings" are not hurt. Why should they be? That's silliness God is not all powerful and only a silly circular argument supports your position. Every religion from the dawn of timevbrlieved a god was all perrg and the only proof was a circulat argument. "Wr believe it because our holy people do or holy Scripture does." You have no proofbas to which is right and you have no outside truth like say science. It's impossible to prove God causes hurricanes.
If your feelings are not hurt, please act like a rational adult and answer the question.

Do you agree with this contention? If not, on what grounds?

Canada2017
Have never witnessed any individual who craved attention more than Waco1947 .

Absolutely bizarre.
LIB,MR BEARS
Waco1947 said:

Oldbear83 said:

Thank you.
this statement 47, is a great example of why I'd like to see you never in a pulpit again.

Either you, me or both of us have created a false god. That is a fact that cannot be denied.
JXL
Waco1947 said:

What is your source of information about this "god of [love] and faith"? Obviously not the Bible, since you proclaim the Bible to be an unreliable source, and in fact "nonsense."
Waco1947
I witness to God's love in the universe and that's craving attention? I am misssing the logic there.
Waco1947
According to Whitehead 2nd grade is inanimate objects I.e. rocks, cars, mountains, just being there unless acted upon by beings Again God has nothing to do with moving these thing, not in the OT and in the NT. (Certainly the witnesses of the Bible saw God moving things around but that was to engender faith not his power but in hearts. Amazement is not faith. God knew that Faith is reliance on God). So God does act in love with souls and hearts but not on Grade 1 & 2 objects.
The "God that acts on things" is a cosmology - a worldview of the Bible writers. But our cosmology, especially physics has advanced. Sure God inspires scripture but God inspires. Faith understandings in our abilities, our relationships, and in our life. God does act on hearts and souls.
Canada2017
Waco1947 said:

I witness to God's love in the universe and that's craving attention? I am misssing the logic there.

Of course you are all about garnering attention . It's obvious.

Babbling on incessantly about a 'god' you've conjured up from your 'feelings' and what little is left of your mind. Toss in whatever scripture verse works for you in any given moment and ignore or even ridicule the rest .

In your 'logic' God is not all powerful , the Bible is 'nonsense' and the teachings of Jesus Christ condones abortion.

Yet you claim to be a Christian 'minister '......who could possibly doubt it ?

Oldbear83
Waco1947 said:

No, you hijack God's love in a dismal and constant effort to make yourself look holier-than-everyone-else

You are missing God - the real one - in your life.
Waco1947
Here's the idea. Feedback on ideas would be helpful
"According to Whitehead 2nd grade is inanimate objects I.e. rocks, cars, mountains, just being there unless acted upon by beings Again God has nothing to do with moving these thing, not in the OT and in the NT. (Certainly the witnesses of the Bible saw God moving things around but that was to engender faith not his power but in hearts. Amazement is not faith. God knew that Faith is reliance on God). So God does act in love with souls and hearts but not on Grade 1 & 2 objects.
The "God that acts on things" is a cosmology - a worldview of the Bible writers. But our cosmology, especially physics has advanced. Sure God inspires scripture but God inspires. Faith understandings in our abilities, our relationships, and in our life. God does act on hearts and souls."
Oldbear83
As long as you don't answer direct and honest questions Waco, you have no business expecting people to play by your rules.
Sam Lowry
Waco1947 said:

Here's the idea. Feedback on ideas would be helpful
"According to Whitehead 2nd grade is inanimate objects I.e. rocks, cars, mountains, just being there unless acted upon by beings Again God has nothing to do with moving these thing, not in the OT and in the NT. (Certainly the witnesses of the Bible saw God moving things around but that was to engender faith not his power but in hearts. Amazement is not faith. God knew that Faith is reliance on God). So God does act in love with souls and hearts but not on Grade 1 & 2 objects.
The "God that acts on things" is a cosmology - a worldview of the Bible writers. But our cosmology, especially physics has advanced. Sure God inspires scripture but God inspires. Faith understandings in our abilities, our relationships, and in our life. God does act on hearts and souls."
Again, our physics has nothing to say about what God can or can't do. Tacking "because science" onto a bad theological argument doesn't change anything.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.