A culture of hate. Is that what you guys want?

6,188 Views | 67 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Oldbear83
Waco1947
How long do you want to ignore this user?
"The free boards have been populated by a long-standing community of BaylorFans.com supporters. We expect civility and respect towards fellow posters but you will find that we allow people to state their opinions with looser moderation standards on there. Many people view the free forums as entertainment and a place to vent, and we allow the boards to take on their own culture as the community shapes over time, but we do step in and moderate as needed. "
So step in Mods!
Those jerks attacking me on every thread are stealing from others a chance to post a good idea or remembrance, meanwhile, destroying their own integrity.
The "25th Streeet Theater" was a good thread until some idiot decided to make about me and my pro choice position. That tactic is extremely unfair to the OP and derailed a good OP.
Dachau touched my heart deeply and to see it in person struck me personally as to the hate in this world.. I had good thread derailed by personal vendettas.
I have prayed a Sunday Prayer for several weeks yet that is weaponizied into an attack on me.
These attacks are rooted in my pro choice position, progressive theologies, and my liberal politics.

If Ii enter a thread or start a thread on these topics then I am fair game for an attack on my ideas not person - ideas matter not me as a personality. Attack the ideas all you want but not me.
However I expect a few here to have no boundaries (so Administrators administrate) and will attack me no matter what the plea or warning.
I'm not a snowflake (I am still here, right?) but I am a human being, a father, a grandfather, and a pastor.
Souhern Baptists, non-denominationalists (who are really SBC in disguise), orthodox, Catholics, Pentecostals, etc live in a walled off theological vacuum. That's ok but there is a whole world of us who tossed aside an omnipotent and omniscient God for a God of love, hope, discipleship, faith and are good Christians. Our God is still omnipresent in love, grace, hope, faith. God simply cannot move tectonic plates or change the direction of the wind but God is with us in all those changes and challenges.
You may disagree. If so present your argument but I am a pastor not a fraud (One issue that have empathy for women does not change my faith). If you wish put your life and belief out there that is against the grain and count the posts until the first fraud pronouncement. (Usually with in five). Otherwise you're a damn snowflake not me. I put my pro choice position out there and you weaponized it. Now it's your turn or hide on your bunker behind your keyboard..
So ease up. Go after ideas not people.
Yep, I have called you names mostly "Jerk" but ad hominem attacks when true are fair game as they go to the heart of an argument.
For example the 25th Street op went to abortion. That's being a jerk and out of bounds on a benign remembrance. It derailed the post making you a jerk.
That's a legitimate use of ad hominem attack.
Thank you for your time.

Waco1947
Waco1947
Any bets on who will derail first.
So many without any filters it's hard to say.
Waco1947
Mitch Blood Green
Waco1947 said:

Any bets on who will derail first.
So many without any filters it's hard to say.

It'll be me. It's the holiday season. Don't let these Ebenezers dampen its meaning for you.

Merry Christmas.
Golem
I never imagined you with a beard, 47...but it's s good look for you.

quash
What this board seeks is conformity. Deplatforming opposing views, on any subject, because abortion.

Mods: you let the board get boring.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Canada2017
Waco1947 said:

Attack the ideas all you want but not me.

Souhern Baptists, non-denominationalists (who are really SBC in disguise), orthodox, Catholics, Pentecostals, etc live in a walled off theological vacuum.

Yep, I have called you names mostly "Jerk" but ad hominem attacks when true are fair game

That's being a jerk and out of bounds on a benign remembrance. It derailed the post making you a jerk.

'Personal or ad hominem attacks are wrong. Unless I do it....cause then it's true . Then it is legitimate. Waco 47 '

Sounds like a 'real minister' to me all right . Who knew ?

Doc Holliday
quash said:

What this board seeks is conformity. Deplatforming opposing views, on any subject, because abortion.

Nope. It's just the natural free market of ideas and you're looking to the "state" (mods) to fix it.

Looks like you're the statist.
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." ~ John Adams
Doc Holliday
I have a dream, that one day my 4 little children will not be judged by the content of their character, but by the color of their skin, their gender and their approval of abortion.

- Martin Luther Waco

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." ~ John Adams
LIB,MR BEARS
Dear mods, please treat me differently than all the other posters because I mean well and they are a bunch of meanies.

Sincerely,
Waco47
President Waco Chapter of
Margaret Sanger Fan Club
Where our motto is "Cut the brother out or keep the brother down."
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Man, I poke fun at some of your goofy threads that you are contemplating your navel, but it is nothing personal. I hope I have never angered or upset you and if I have, I apologize.

I agree with you that some people act very ugly on these boards. If people would just treat each other like they would if they were speaking face to face, we would all be a lot better off.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
whiterock
Wac said:

GolemIII said: "How much were the abortions?"

Waco1947 said: "Go to hell you damn jerk who hates women."

Waco1947: I believe this is where the ad hominem started.

LIB,MR BEARS
LIB,MR BEARS said:

Dear mods, please treat me differently than all the other posters because I mean well and they are a bunch of meanies.

Sincerely,
Waco47
Margaret Sanger Fan Club

From my point, yes, mine are personal attacks. I want you out of the pulpit, FOREVER. The word counterfeit is appropriate here. What you say/post/teach looks a great deal like scripture just as a counterfeit bill looks a great deal like the real thing. I'm not a fan of counterfeit bills nor counterfeit teaching of Christ.

No sugar coating. Just a good solid personal attack on a message board. Hiding in sheeps clothing just isn't my style.
Waco1947
whiterock said:

Wac said:

GolemIII said: "How much were the abortions?"

Waco1947 said: "Go to hell you damn jerk who hates women."

Waco1947: I believe this is where the ad hominem started maybe I can't remember but he hates women so it stands

Waco1947
Waco1947
Not what I said.
Waco1947
Waco1947
LIB,MR BEARS said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Sincerely,
Waco47
Margaret Sanger Fan Club

From my point, yes, mine are personal attacks. I want you out of the pulpit, FOREVER. The word counterfeit is appropriate here. What you say/post/teach looks a great deal like scripture just as a counterfeit bill looks a great deal like the real thing. I'm not a fan of counterfeit bills nor counterfeit teaching of Christ.

No sugar coating. Just a good solid personal attack on a message board. Hiding in sheeps clothing just isn't my style.
Amd you ain't my bishop, or board of ministry or seminary or God. It is with them I am in covenant ministry.
You have asked Exegesis questions and I answered honestly without attack. So what gives?
Waco1947
Waco1947
Jerks still detail threads that on retailers not me. You owe them and apology.
Waco1947
Doc Holliday
Waco1947 said:

Honestly...I have no idea what you just typed.

But you just told me last week to go to hell for pointing out that Nazi's were responsible for the Holocaust...

Don't you think it's time for a little self reflection?
Waco1947
"So ease up. Go after ideas not people."
I don't want conformity but as Quash said when every thread becomes "Hate the poor choice guy" you have achieved conformity.
My guess there are than me tired of it.
You'll get your congratulatory board where you hate prochoice, Obama, HRC, immigrants, women, progressives and giggle your way to immature nonsense.
Or turn in your decency card. That's always a possibility. .
Waco1947
GoneGirl
LIB,MR BEARS said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Sincerely,
Waco47
Margaret Sanger Fan Club

Serious question: Does Pastor John MacArthur, in that interview with Ben Shapiro you posted on another thread, reflect your views?

And, if so, can you live with respect and tolerance for anyone--both people of other faiths or people of no faiths--who don't agree with those views?

Do you even believe those who don't share those views are Christians? Or are they--as you say above--"counterfeit"?

And if they're counterfeit, what do you think should happen to them? Do you trust God to deal with them in His own way? Or do you think you need to take action, specifically via personal attacks on this thread? Are there any other ways you think you should take action?
Doc Holliday
Waco1947 said:

"So ease up. Go after ideas not people."
I don't want conformity but as Quash said when every thread becomes "Hate the poor choice guy" you have achieved conformity.
My guess there are than me tired of it.
You'll get your congratulatory board where you hate prochoice, Obama, HRC, immigrants, women, progressives and giggle your way to immature nonsense.
Or turn in your decency card. That's always a possibility. .
One unique cultural attitude amongst a diverse group yeilds far better results than diversity for the sake of diversity where everyone is gridlocked.

You choose the latter.

Str
LIB,MR BEARS
Waco1947 said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Sincerely,
Waco47
Margaret Sanger Fan Club

Amd you ain't my bishop, or board of ministry or seminary or God. It is with them I am in covenant ministry.
You have asked Exegesis questions and I answered honestly without attack. So what gives?
what gives is years of posts both here and on BF. Propitiation and abortion are the two biggest things that stand out. I believe you are great for itchy ears but not for souls.
Canada2017
Doc Holliday said:

Waco1947 said:

You aren't the only one ...

' Jerks still detail threads that on retailers not me '.

chuckle

Must be internet ' minister ' code .
Doc Holliday
Canada2017 said:

Doc Holliday said:

Waco1947 said:

chuckle

It sounds like a 'bad lip reading' script lol
LIB,MR BEARS
Jinx 2 said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Sincerely,
Waco47
Margaret Sanger Fan Club

Serious question: Does Pastor John MacArthur, in that interview with Ben Shapiro you posted on another thread, reflect your views?

And, if so, can you live with respect and tolerance for anyone--both people of other faiths or people of no faiths--who don't agree with those views?

Do you even believe those who don't share those views are Christians? Or are they--as you say above--"counterfeit"?

And if they're counterfeit, what do you think should happen to them? Do you trust God to deal with them in His own way? Or do you think you need to take action, specifically via personal attacks on this thread? Are there any other ways you think you should take action?
ill answer everything this evening when I'm on a PC and not a phone. The part that needs to be answered now is this: I believe false teaching should be called out so others do not fall into it.

"These were more noble-minded than those in Thessalonica, for they received the word with great eagerness, examining the Scriptures daily to see whether these things were so."

Once it is examined and found not to be so, are we to sit tight-lipped?
Canada2017
Doc Holliday said:

Canada2017 said:

Doc Holliday said:

Waco1947 said:

chuckle

It sounds like a 'bad lip reading' script lol

47 posts this kind of gibberish frequently. Can't decide if it's due to mental or medicinal issues .

Regardless....' he ain't right in da head '.
fadskier
Waco1947 said:

"The free boards have been populated by a long-standing community of BaylorFans.com supporters. We expect civility and respect towards fellow posters but you will find that we allow people to state their opinions with looser moderation standards on there. Many people view the free forums as entertainment and a place to vent, and we allow the boards to take on their own culture as the community shapes over time, but we do step in and moderate as needed. "
So step in Mods!
Those jerks attacking me on every thread are stealing from others a chance to post a good idea or remembrance, meanwhile, destroying their own integrity.
The "25th Streeet Theater" was a good thread until some idiot decided to make about me and my pro choice position. That tactic is extremely unfair to the OP and derailed a good OP.
Dachau touched my heart deeply and to see it in person struck me personally as to the hate in this world.. I had good thread derailed by personal vendettas.
I have prayed a Sunday Prayer for several weeks yet that is weaponizied into an attack on me.
These attacks are rooted in my pro choice position, progressive theologies, and my liberal politics.

If Ii enter a thread or start a thread on these topics then I am fair game for an attack on my ideas not person - ideas matter not me as a personality. Attack the ideas all you want but not me.
However I expect a few here to have no boundaries (so Administrators administrate) and will attack me no matter what the plea or warning.
I'm not a snowflake (I am still here, right?) but I am a human being, a father, a grandfather, and a pastor.
Souhern Baptists, non-denominationalists (who are really SBC in disguise), orthodox, Catholics, Pentecostals, etc live in a walled off theological vacuum. That's ok but there is a whole world of us who tossed aside an omnipotent and omniscient God for a God of love, hope, discipleship, faith and are good Christians. Our God is still omnipresent in love, grace, hope, faith. God simply cannot move tectonic plates or change the direction of the wind but God is with us in all those changes and challenges.
You may disagree. If so present your argument but I am a pastor not a fraud (One issue that have empathy for women does not change my faith). If you wish put your life and belief out there that is against the grain and count the posts until the first fraud pronouncement. (Usually with in five). Otherwise you're a damn snowflake not me. I put my pro choice position out there and you weaponized it. Now it's your turn or hide on your bunker behind your keyboard..
Yep, I have called you names mostly "Jerk" but ad hominem attacks when true are fair game as they go to the heart of an argument.
For example the 25th Street op went to abortion. That's being a jerk and out of bounds on a benign remembrance. It derailed the post making you a jerk.
Thank you for your time.

Because any serious discussion with you starts at the basic question of right-to-life. If you don't believe in the right-to-life, then we have nothing else to discuss and your judgement on other issues seem flawed because you do not support the sanctity of life.
Salute the Marines - Joe Biden
cowboycwr
LMAO!!!! This thread is gold. 47 cries about being attacked... while calling posters names. Then he wants the mods to do something about the attacks towards him...

What he doesn't seem to get is that he is demanding the mods to do something to prevent those attacks (which would include his own posts) or ban those users (which would delete the thread he is talking about....) but wants his actions to be allowed...

And then he goes on to show how great of a minister he is with his cussing and personal attacks.... What a fake.
cowboycwr
quash said:

LOL. That is what you. 47, jinx and stinque seek. No one else does.

Other than the troll stinque no one demands that you or the others be banned. No one complains to the mods that "they must do something."

Stop being so dramatic.
quash
Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Nope. It's just the natural free market of ideas and you're looking to the "state" (mods) to fix it.

Looks like you're the statist.

There are no state actors here. Nice try.

These boards are getting boring. This is my market voice speaking.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Forest Bueller
Waco1947 said:

Souhern Baptists, non-denominationalists (who are really SBC in disguise), orthodox, Catholics, Pentecostals, etc live in a walled off theological vacuum.

And there you have your own good advise to follow, as you go after people right out of the chute.
whiterock
Waco1947 said:

Not what I said.
yeah, it's exactly what you said. Go check the thread.

"Go to hell you damn jerk who hates women."
GoneGirl
LIB,MR BEARS said:

Jinx 2 said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Sincerely,
Waco47
Margaret Sanger Fan Club

ill answer everything this evening when I'm on a PC and not a phone. The part that needs to be answered now is this: I believe false teaching should be called out so others do not fall into it.

"These were more noble-minded than those in Thessalonica, for they received the word with great eagerness, examining the Scriptures daily to see whether these things were so."

I'll be interested to her your answers to those questions and this one: When you do call someone out for what you believe is "false teaching," how should you do it? Are you supposed to do it kindly and lovingly, or are you justified in telling the "false teacher" and everyone else that he's a heretic and a horrible person.
LIB,MR BEARS
Jinx 2 said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Jinx 2 said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Sincerely,
Waco47
Margaret Sanger Fan Club

I'll be interested to her your answers to those questions and this one: When you do call someone out for what you believe is "false teaching," how should you do it? Are you supposed to do it kindly and lovingly, or are you justified in telling the "false teacher" and everyone else that he's a heretic and a horrible person.
a person can be a heretic without being a horrible person. I've never called 47 a horrible person.
GoneGirl
LIB,MR BEARS said:

Jinx 2 said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Jinx 2 said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Sincerely,
Waco47
Margaret Sanger Fan Club

a person can be a heretic without being a horrible person. I've never called 47 a horrible person.
If you're a true Catholic, you believe protestants are heretics.

Many protestants think Mormons are heretics or members of a cult.

Lots of cults--like the Jehovah's Witnesses--think they're the only ones who know the True Path. I find the Jehovah's Witnesses scary because of the level of control that church wants to exercise over its followers; its total disrespect for education; and its practice of shunning.

Some protestant denominations support reproductive rights, including both contraception and abortion. Others support only contraception, and others don't support either. Some Christian churches support the death penalty; some don't. I like the Catholic stance on that; the government shouldn't be in the business of killing its citizens.

Whose version of the truth gets legislated?

And what's wrong with a civil conversation? What I mostly see heaved at Waco47 is scorn and abuse. That reflects a lot more on the people who attempt to demean and scorn him than on him.
cowboycwr
whiterock said:

Waco1947 said:

Not what I said.
yeah, it's exactly what you said. Go check the thread.

"Go to hell you damn jerk who hates women."

Spot on. I called him out for his unchristian acts and suddenly that makes me a woman hater.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.