Former Baylor University fraternity president accused of rape will serve no jail time

15,127 Views | 187 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by quash
Malbec
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Forest Bueller said:

Jinx 2 said:

jimdue said:

Forest Bueller said:

Jinx 2 said:

Forest Bueller said:

Keyser Soze said:

If you did it you definately take a plea that does not require you to registar as a sex offender. The stakes are very high even if your hand is strong.

If he did it, he got away with a crime pretty much.

If she was all over him and wanted it, did it, then after the fact decided she "didn't" want it, then he is falsely convicted of a crime.

Is there ever a point where a man is responsible for keeping his pants zipped?

Or is the woman always the final "no."

Men would benefit by understanding that it might be in THEIR best interest to say no. Regardless of how women behave.

Yes absolutely, once a young woman I knew from a young singles Bible class mainly college aged, who I suppose must have found me attractive, showed up at my apartment at about 11 pm unannounced and I not expecting her.

After a few minutes of small talk, she decided she was going to get her some. She was beautiful and I was attracted to her, but there was all kinds of wrong with the situation. I won't use the term fighting her off, but that's what happened, she finally gave up and after a good bit of histronics about what she "needed" I got her to leave.

It shook me up pretty good, as I called an older male friend from church right away, to tell him what just happened. I knew her parents, but wasn't about to tell them about this.

Two days later I went to the Bible study, and was met outside the door by a friend, who told me, ##### , said she went to my apartment for help and that I had tried to rape her. She told that to the director of of church's "Bible Chair" or young adult singles group. She made it clear she "wasn't sure what happened as she blacked out and couldn't remember everything".

It was my word against her, and in the 80's, thankfully it all ended right there.

Girl had the nerve to show up at my apartment a couple of weeks later, saying we needed to "finish" something. I told her to leave and, you ain't coming into my apt. ever again.

She thought I was going to "tell" on her, she preempted by making up some story and putting me in serious jeopardy. You should have seen the looks on the folks faces in that Bible class when I walked in. I didn't walk away like a chicken ***** I defended myself strongly right from the get go.

But, yes, men should be very cautious, dealing with sexual matters, actually they should wait until they are married to have sex,

This whole narrative being pushed by the left and so called activists like Brenda Tracy that all SA allegations must be accepted as true is and has been total BS. If you are not ready to hit the streets with the pitch forks before the validity of the claim has been properly investigated, then you must be anti woman and pro rape.

I don't know anyone who is pushing a narrative that men accused of sexual assault are guilty until proven innocent. For a long time, women who brought charges of rape or assault were disbelieved, disrepsected and ****-shamed, and that's bad. It would, however, be equally bad to condemn men accused of assault based on flimsy or non-existent evidence if they maintain they're innocent--and actually are. Two wrongs don't make a right.

But lots of people--I hope from all ends of the political spectrum--believe that when a man pleads guilty or "no contest" to rape charges--as Brock Turner, the Stanford rapist and Mr. Anderson did--the consequences should be more severe than probation and a slap on the wrist. At least Brock Turner is registered as a sex offender, but he was caught in the act of assaulting an unconscious woman by 2 witnesses. Anderson's case is more of a he said/she said.

The outrage in both cases resulted from the court-ordered consequences after Turner pleaded guilty and Anderson pleaded no contest to criminal charges.

Well of course Brock Turner should have gotten 20 years in prison. He was freaking guilty.

The other guy plead to a charge lesser than sexual assault. He was wanting to make sure he was 1) free, 2) unmarked as a sex offender. Not sure Anderson was guilty. It was a very muddled situation. There was reasonable doubt.

That's right. And if he wasn't guilty, Anderson is a victim, since the system made it preferable to accept a plea arrangement. It doesn't matter how "light" he got off if he wasn't guilty to begin with. Now he has been punished to the point of being kicked out of his first school, being restricted from graduation cermeony with his class and banned from the campus of his second school, and denied admission to the same school that he graduated from for post-graduate studies. That hardly qualifies as light punishment for someone if they didn't actually commit a crime.
LIB,MR BEARS
Both Baylor and the Frat kicking Anderson out says nothing about guilt, innocence or even smoke. It says plenty about them protecting themselves from potential lawsuits however.
Forest Bueller
Jinx 2 said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

Jinx 2 said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

Jinx 2 said:

jimdue said:

Forest Bueller said:

Jinx 2 said:

Forest Bueller said:

Keyser Soze said:

If you did it you definately take a plea that does not require you to registar as a sex offender. The stakes are very high even if your hand is strong.

If she was all over him and wanted it, did it, then after the fact decided she "didn't" want it, then he is falsely convicted of a crime.

Men would benefit by understanding that it might be in THEIR best interest to say no. Regardless of how women behave.

Yes absolutely, once a young woman I knew from a young singles Bible class mainly college aged, who I suppose must have found me attractive, showed up at my apartment at about 11 pm unannounced and I not expecting her.

After a few minutes of small talk, she decided she was going to get her some. She was beautiful and I was attracted to her, but there was all kinds of wrong with the situation. I won't use the term fighting her off, but that's what happened, she finally gave up and after a good bit of histronics about what she "needed" I got her to leave.

It shook me up pretty good, as I called an older male friend from church right away, to tell him what just happened. I knew her parents, but wasn't about to tell them about this.

Two days later I went to the Bible study, and was met outside the door by a friend, who told me, ##### , said she went to my apartment for help and that I had tried to rape her. She told that to the director of of church's "Bible Chair" or young adult singles group. She made it clear she "wasn't sure what happened as she blacked out and couldn't remember everything".

It was my word against her, and in the 80's, thankfully it all ended right there.

Girl had the nerve to show up at my apartment a couple of weeks later, saying we needed to "finish" something. I told her to leave and, you ain't coming into my apt. ever again.

She thought I was going to "tell" on her, she preempted by making up some story and putting me in serious jeopardy. You should have seen the looks on the folks faces in that Bible class when I walked in. I didn't walk away like a chicken ***** I defended myself strongly right from the get go.

But, yes, men should be very cautious, dealing with sexual matters, actually they should wait until they are married to have sex,

This whole narrative being pushed by the left and so called activists like Brenda Tracy that all SA allegations must be accepted as true is and has been total BS. If you are not ready to hit the streets with the pitch forks before the validity of the claim has been properly investigated, then you must be anti woman and pro rape.

But lots of people--I hope from all ends of the political spectrum--believe that when a man pleads guilty or "no contest" to rape charges--as Brock Turner, the Stanford rapist and Mr. Anderson did--the consequences should be more severe than probation and a slap on the wrist. At least Brock Turner is registered as a sex offender, but he was caught in the act of assaulting an unconscious woman by 2 witnesses. Anderson's case is more of a he said/she said.

The outrage in both cases resulted from the court-ordered consequences after Turner pleaded guilty and Anderson pleaded no contest to criminal charges.
"Lots of people" ARE IDIOTS. They can barely chew gum and walk, let alone understand the nuances of the judicial system. Do you know how much it costs in legal defense fees to endure a trial? Do you know how much it costs the county?

The outrage is nothing more than ignorance of the layman.
If we don't have enough money to try men accused of rape, maybe we should revisit how much we spend to arrest and incarcerate people for having a joint in their pocket or people who get 3 strikes on minor drug offenses.

Violent assautls shoult be investigated and prosecuted. Rape is a violenct assault. Prosecuting violence crime should definitely be a higher budget priority than prosecuting drug possession offenses. Plead THOSE out with slap-on-the-wrist consequences.
I'm not talking about drugs. Stay on topic. The prosecution made a prudent move based on what they knew. That kid was going to skate and they knew it.

P.S. - They did investigate. That's why they offered a plea bargain.

I'm sure they did investigate, but it sounds like this case comes down to a he said/she said. But Baylor saw fit to kick Mr. Anderson out, and his frat kicked him out to. There's enough smoke there to suspect a fire.

Of course you know the optics Baylor has faced with the campus wide "rug sweeping" that had been going on for years.

No way Baylor or the Frat were going to keep this guy. The scrutiny they would have faced would have been tremendous. He messed up, he got accused. That was that.
LIB,MR BEARS
Both Baylor and the Frat kicking Anderson out says nothing about guilt, innocence or even smoke. It says plenty about them protecting themselves from potential lawsuits however.
Keyser Soze
Baylor certainly has some potential liability if they kicked him off without cause - of course they only need a proponderence of the evidence standard not beyond reasonable doubt.
Malbec
Keyser Soze said:

Baylor certainly has some potential liability if they kicked him off without cause - of course they only need a proponderence of the evidence standard not beyond reasonable doubt.
They didn't even have that at the time. The preponderance was weighted to him. Now they have an excuse that they kicked him out for something else...unlawful restraint. The plea deal benefits BU; or at least they can argue that it does.
Keyser Soze
Malbec said:

Keyser Soze said:

They didn't even have that at the time. The preponderance was weighted to him. Now they have an excuse that they kicked him out for something else...unlawful restraint. The plea deal benefits BU; or at least they can argue that it does.

How do you know what they knew?

quash
Jinx 2 said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

Jinx 2 said:

jimdue said:

Forest Bueller said:

Jinx 2 said:

Forest Bueller said:

Keyser Soze said:

"Lots of people" ARE IDIOTS. They can barely chew gum and walk, let alone understand the nuances of the judicial system. Do you know how much it costs in legal defense fees to endure a trial? Do you know how much it costs the county?

The outrage is nothing more than ignorance of the layman.
If we don't have enough money to try men accused of rape, maybe we should revisit how much we spend to arrest and incarcerate people for having a joint in their pocket or people who get 3 strikes on minor drug offenses.

Violent assautls shoult be investigated and prosecuted. Rape is a violenct assault. Prosecuting violence crime should definitely be a higher budget priority than prosecuting drug possession offenses. Plead THOSE out with slap-on-the-wrist consequences.

This was not a slap on the wrist plea. He plead to a felony.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Malbec
Keyser Soze said:

Malbec said:

Keyser Soze said:

How do you know what they knew?

They knew that she was examined at the hospital and had photos taken an hour and a half after the alleged incident. If they didn't know that, then they suck as investigators. Suck really bad.
Waco1947
In the court of public opinion a rich White kid got away with it.
Aliceinbubbleland
Waco1947 said:

You meant in the Court of Waco1947 Opinion.
Keyser Soze
Kid got destroyed in the court of public opinion ..... some questions if deserved or not
90sBear
Took a while and was headlined a WHOLE lot less, but CNN did eventually write a follow up article that was much more informative on the situation. Too bad they don't take the time to lead with articles like these instead of wanting the splashy headlines.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/17/us/baylor-rape-case-plea-deal/index.html

quash
Waco1947 said:

Public opinion was swayed by emotion, not facts. Welcome to Social Media Land.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.