No one wants to be White House chief of staff

3,648 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by GoneGirl
GoneGirl
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mike Pence's staffer just dissed Trump big-time, but Trump set himself up for it.

And who would want to subject himself to the endless drumbeat of abuse Trump heaps on any of his staffers who aren't sycophantically loyal to him personally at the expense of their civic duty to the American people.

Doc Holliday
Funny, his last chief of staff lasted longer than any of Obama's.
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." ~ John Adams
Limited IQ Redneck in PU

I thought McDonough served the last 4 years.
J.R.
who would want their reputation sullied? Who in the world would want to work in that snake pit/swamp?
PartyBear
The gig isn't going to last long, and I don't mean necessarily because Trump can't keep anyone the bottom is about to fall out, so who would want it?
cinque
Jinx 2 said:

Mike Pence's staffer just dissed Trump big-time, but Trump set himself up for it.

And who would want to subject himself to the endless drumbeat of abuse Trump heaps on any of his staffers who aren't sycophantically loyal to him personally at the expense of their civic duty to the American people.

Chuckle. That young wunderkind took the first thing "smoking" out of DC and away from Trump.
contrario
With the media and democrats so hellbent on destroying anyone close to Trump, this really isn't that surprising.
GoneGirl
Doc Holliday said:

Funny, his last chief of staff lasted longer than any of Obama's.
4 Pinocchios--Denis McDonough, Obama's 4th chief of staff, served for 4 years. Previous ones served about a year, except for Pete Rouse, who was an interim.

In his eight years as president, Obama officially had four chiefs of staff, three of whom served during his first term. It's worth noting, however, that Pete Rouse did serve under Obama as an interim White House chief of staff for a little more than three months. In fact, Trump is counting Rouse whose tenure was meant to be temporary from the get go in his tweet criticizing Obama's multiple chiefs of staff.

Reports that Jack Lew would replace Bill Daley as Obama's chief of staff in January 2012 spurred Trump to take to Twitter to bemoan what he appeared to imply was an ineffective revolving door of White House senior staff. "[url=https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/156829591267328000][Three] Chief of Staffs[/url] [sic] in less than 3 years of being President," Trump tweeted on Jan. 10, 2012. "Part of the reason why @BarackObama can't manage to pass his agenda."

While Obama's first presidential term did see a high rate of turnover for the position of White House chief of staff, Trump's tweet is more than a little ironic as he appears to be going through chiefs of staff just as fast, if not faster, than his predecessor. Trump announced Saturday that Kelly, his second White House chief of staff, would leave before the year was over. Reince Priebus, Trump's first White House chief of staff, lasted only about six months in the position before getting the boot.

riflebear
Jinx 2 said:

I'm amazed at your inside info. Please tell us what else you overheard inside the Oval Office.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
The revolving door is not Trump's fault. Its the meany mean press that keeps picking on his staff.

Trump picks his people carefully. He didnt question J. Sessions manhood in the press or call R. Tillerson stupid.
GoneGirl
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

The revolving door is not Trump's fault. Its the meany mean press that keeps picking on his staff.

Trump picks his people carefully. He didnt question J. Sessions manhood in the press or call R. Tillerson stupid.
Or hire the likes of Omarosa Manigault, Steve Bannon and Sean Spicer to work in the White House.
GoneGirl
riflebear said:

Jinx 2 said:

I'm amazed at your inside info. Please tell us what else you overheard inside the Oval Office.
That all you got?
Canada2017
riflebear said:

Jinx 2 said:

Jinxy has top people working on it...Top People .
GoneGirl
Canada2017 said:

riflebear said:

Jinx 2 said:

Jinxy has top people working on it...Top People .
1. Anybody willing to work for Trump is a Republican.

2. The number of Republicans who want to follow POTUS around like the low man on the circus staff who has to follow the elephant in the parade with a shovel and a bucket has dwindled considerably, especially now that criminal charges may be looming for some of his staff--perhaps even POTUS himself.

3. Sarah Huckabee Sanders is probably the only one willing to take the job who has also proven she can do it and like it.
Canada2017
Hell I've got 'loads' of experience with cow **** plus I'm better than any mere Republican....the ol sheepskin says Texas A&M on it .

Sort of like John Wayne on steroids.

But ain't leaving my Colorado paradise for that DC ****hole.

Been there...food sucks and the women are the size of Class B Winnebagos.
Mitch Blood Green
Jinx 2 said:

Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

Or hire the likes of Omarosa Manigault, Steve Bannon and Sean Spicer to work in the White House.

Omarosa is the best hire ever.
riflebear
Jinx 2 said:

Doc Holliday
https://instagr.am/p/BrOy65kgA05
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." ~ John Adams
GoneGirl
Canada2017 said:

Hell I've got 'loads' of experience with cow **** plus I'm better than any mere Republican....the ol sheepskin says Texas A&M on it .

The only woman in the White House who fits that description is Sanders. Trump obviously has a look he seeks out--Hope Hicks is the young version and Melania and Ivanka the adult version. Kellyanne Conway looks more George W. Bush White House--she dresses like she's rushing a sorority instead of working in the White House--but she's loyal. Although if she can't muzzle her husband, she might get the boot anyway.
J.R.
riflebear said:

Jinx 2 said:

and you believe him? If so, you are a "True Believer", bro. A 36 year old political operative turns down the COS job, should tell us all we need to know. Also, that dumb ass Trump obviously had no plan B.
GoneGirl
Nick Ayers works for Pence and has 6-year-old triplets. He wants to remain employable--and he probably also needs to make more money than you make in public service (if you aren't a Trump).

Trump may have to institute a draft to force someone to work for him. No one in their right mind would willingly take this job.
cinque
He's made 52 million as a political consultant. He doesn't want to mess up that gravy train.
J.R.
being Trumpy Bear's COS is a loose, loose proposition. Absolutely no upside.
Canada2017
Jinx 2 said:

Canada2017 said:

The only woman in the White House who fits that description is Sanders. Trump obviously has a look he seeks out--Hope Hicks is the young version and Melania and Ivanka the adult version. Kellyanne Conway looks more George W. Bush White House--she dresses like she's rushing a sorority instead of working in the White House--but she's loyal. Although if she can't muzzle her husband, she might get the boot anyway.

I said DC....not the White House. The WH has always been an isolated little world to its own.

Sanders is positively svelte compared to the average local.
Check out the DC restaurants, museums, subway, and shops......the gals are overwhelmingly huge, flabby and cross.

' Me too movement ' my ass. Can't imagine too many guys are desperate enough ( hell...brave enough ) to 'drive' those Class B's.
J.R.
Canada2017 said:

Jinx 2 said:

Canada2017 said:

I said DC....not the White House. The WH has always been an isolated little world to its own.

Check out the DC restaurants, museums, subway, and shops......the gals are overwhelmingly huge, flabby and cross.

' Me too movement ' my ass. Can't imagine too many guys are desperate enough ( hell...brave enough ) to 'drive' those Class B's.

I don't know where in DC you been hanging out. I can't speak to the women, but the food scene is fantastic!
PartyBear
These folks are going to be so screwed when Mueller makes his real moves beyond the appetizer plates. It is no wonder no one wants to be in the vicinity nor have had any conversations about anything.
Canada2017
J.R. said:

Canada2017 said:

Jinx 2 said:

Canada2017 said:

I don't know where in DC you been hanging out. I can't speak to the women, but the food scene is fantastic!

chuckle

You must have a far bigger travel budget than this peasant .
J.R.
Doesn't have to be spendy to be good. Ie ethnic
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Canada2017 said:

https://wallethub.com/edu/fattest-cities-in-america/10532/

This article lists CO with fatter women than DC. I believe you about the sheepskin.
J.R.
Canada,

I don't know where you live in CO, but there is no where in CO, including Denver that has better food than DC. I have a home in CO and spend a lot of time there. Chicks ain't great there either.
blackie
Our politics has become so dirty, divisive and ridiculous that anyone truly qualified and intelligent has enough sense to run away as far as they can and as fast as they can, regardless of which party is in the White House. Why would you want to be in a position where your life is nit-picked to death?

Would you want it done to you?

What we are left with is the power-greedy and those with egos that are enormous whose first thought is themselves, not their constituents.
GoneGirl
blackie said:

Our politics has become so dirty, divisive and ridiculous that anyone truly qualified and intelligent has enough sense to run away as far as they can and as fast as they can, regardless of which party is in the White House. Why would you want to be in a position where your life is nit-picked to death?

What we are left with is the power-greedy and those with egos that are enormous whose first thought is themselves, not their constituents.
I don't think John Kelly was that guy. I think he genuinely had a vocation for public service. And let me be clear: I don't like his politics. He is uber-conservative, and he signed on with Trump because he agrees with the Trump agenda--and because he knew Trump needed more than one adult in the room. But I don't think Kelly is a dirty dealer like his boss, and I think he's defnitely had all the fun he can stand.

Trump is an awful boss. He undercuts employees, calls them names, pits them against each other and fires people on Twitter. Had Rex Tillerson treated employees at Exxon like Trump treats people who have "the honor" of working in his White House, the company would have probably faced a raft of lawsuits and been forced to settle them. Instead, Rex stepped forward to do a hard job when he could have easily retired to the golf course--a vocation for public service I admire even if I disagree with the policies. And he got treated like shlt by his boss.

Perhaps Doc and Rifle should apply for WH jobs. They're sycophantic enough they wouldn't offend the dear leader by expecting him to behave like a president. And they couldn't be much less competent than appointees like Ben Carson and Matthrew Whittaker.
contrario
Jinx 2 said:

blackie said:

I don't think John Kelly was that guy. I think he genuinely had a vocation for public service. And let me be clear: I don't like his politics. He is uber-conservative, and he signed on with Trump because he agrees with the Trump agenda--and because he knew Trump needed more than one adult in the room. But I don't think Kelly is a dirty dealer like his boss, and I think he's defnitely had all the fun he can stand.

Trump is an awful boss. He undercuts employees, calls them names, pits them against each other and fires people on Twitter. Had Rex Tillerson treated employees at Exxon like Trump treats people who have "the honor" of working in his White House, the company would have probably faced a raft of lawsuits and been forced to settle them. Instead, Rex stepped forward to do a hard job when he could have easily retired to the golf course--a vocation for public service I admire even if I disagree with the policies. And he got treated like shlt by his boss.

Perhaps Doc and Rifle should apply for WH jobs. They're sycophantic enough they wouldn't offend the dear leader by expecting him to behave like a president. And they couldn't be much less competent than appointees like Ben Carson and Matthrew Whittaker.
That's racist.
riflebear
Please be Gingrich.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Gingrich would be fun. Back in the day I would have supported him for president over Romney.
I have found theres only two ways to go:
Living fast or dying slow.
I dont want to live forever.
But I will live while I'm here.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.