Whatever happened to the caravan?

9,053 Views | 88 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by HuMcK
Oldbear83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BrooksBearLives said:

Oldbear83 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

contrario said:

BrooksBearLives said:

riflebear said:

HuMcK said:

riflebear said:

Those Mexicans are such racists...

With that style of handle ("political buzzwords+random #s") and posting history, I give 50/50 odds that's a sock-puppet propaganda account ran from somewhere overseas.
Who cares what 'twitter' account it's posted from. I could post 1000 twitter accts with those same quotes. The quotes are real and the Mayor and citizens of Mexico and Tijuana have been upset about this caravan for a month now. Do you really not know this? Several posters here have posted 100s of articles about Mexicans being furious with what is happening in Tijuana.
You don't think the source matters?
The source only matters when they give their slant. Facts know no source.
Really?

Everyone who eats pickles are going to die. That's a fact.
That could be taken as picklephobic, you know ...
Let me live my truth, goddammit
Gherkin oppressor!
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
BrooksBearLives
Oldbear83 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Oldbear83 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

contrario said:

BrooksBearLives said:

riflebear said:

HuMcK said:

riflebear said:

With that style of handle ("political buzzwords+random #s") and posting history, I give 50/50 odds that's a sock-puppet propaganda account ran from somewhere overseas.
Who cares what 'twitter' account it's posted from. I could post 1000 twitter accts with those same quotes. The quotes are real and the Mayor and citizens of Mexico and Tijuana have been upset about this caravan for a month now. Do you really not know this? Several posters here have posted 100s of articles about Mexicans being furious with what is happening in Tijuana.
Really?

Gherkin oppressor!
Oppressor?!? Barely knew her!
CutTheTVoff
So you went from "mostly desperate women and children" to 50% according to DHS. Looks like you're conceding some.

You also said:

"I'm totally willing to admit I was wrong/mischaracterized the caravan if I could find trustworthy numbers. I'm looking for actual numbers and there aren't any from neutral/mainstream sources. Even DHS -the government agency in charge of this issue- has neglected to do a break-down of it."

How can say it's "mostly desperate women and children" and in the next breath say you can't find "trustworthy numbers" and there "aren't any from neutral/mainstream sources"?

Can't you see you are lying?

This is not helpful to your cause.

BrooksBearLives
CutTheTVoff said:

So you went from "mostly desperate women and children" to 50% according to DHS. Looks like you're conceding some.

You also said:

"I'm totally willing to admit I was wrong/mischaracterized the caravan if I could find trustworthy numbers. I'm looking for actual numbers and there aren't any from neutral/mainstream sources. Even DHS -the government agency in charge of this issue- has neglected to do a break-down of it."

How can say it's "mostly desperate women and children" and in the next breath say you can't find "trustworthy numbers" and there "aren't any from neutral/mainstream sources"?

Wait, you're hanging this all on the difference between "mostly" and "nearly half"?

Okay. It was only "half" women and children, not "mostly." I was wrong, I guess?

Does that mean everything else I have said or will say, is wrong? Or are you just arguing a genetic fallacy?
Oldbear83
BrooksBearLives said:

Oldbear83 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Oldbear83 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

contrario said:

BrooksBearLives said:

riflebear said:

HuMcK said:

riflebear said:

Really?

Gherkin oppressor!
Oppressor?!? Barely knew her!
Dilly Dilly !!!
Florda_mike
BrooksBearLives said:

Florda_mike said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Florda_mike said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Florda_mike said:

Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

Jim, I have met BBL a couple of times and would pay money to see you take him out behind the barn. He's a Baylor man with a Baylor degree. Go back and read his posts. He documents his facts unless its common knowledge. I dont always agree with him but he knows his stuff.

Yes I'll agree with him knowing HIS STUFF for sure

He knows his Title 9 bs STUFF and that's about it

How life works outside academia he has no clue and he proves that every post

30 years ago I'd happily met him behind barn too! It's needed
Are you serious right now? What is wrong with you? Honestly. You have the strangest hard-on for me and I can't figure out why. I'm trying so hard to have a real conversation with someone and you simply cannot help yourself.

Please. Keep my name out of your mouth and I am only TOO happy to return the favor. Usually I ignore the hell out of you, but threatening to kick my ass, or talking about how how I need to be beat is... I sincerely think that even you are better than that.

And on que BBL plays internet victim again

Thought you had me on ignore

Geez
I did have you on ignore, but from time-to-time, you say something worthwhile, especially when it comes to track. That's obviously something you know a bit about, so I find it worthy.

See? I was able to talk to you without calling names or threatening to beat you up. It's fun.

I love you too but don't care for T9 being used like the tool it is making colleges responsible for actions of students. Why can't you just charge students and be done there? Because that's not enough money for "victim"

You make livelihood off T9 and present yourself as know all

T9 just gave women 1:1 ratio with scholarships when I was in college and now T9 is another government mountain

I get tired of you because of that
You HAVE to revise your information. I do not "make my livelihood off of T9." That's not close to true. It is an area of study and expertise for me, yes. But it is not my only job.

It's like telling High School Football coach he makes his living off of running the football. No. He or she teaches a class. They manage other assistant coaches, run the team/program, make sure practices are organized and budgets are run properly. The run game is important, but it's not all they do.

You seem to have a mental block, at times. You don't know much about Title IX, but that's okay. Most people shouldn't. If you have to know much about it -and it's not part of your job- then it's because you've been affected. And that really sucks.

As for being a know-it-all, I don't know what to say. Sorry I'm smart? You used to coach track. You're a bit of a know-it-all there and I don't hold against you. Do you. I'm going to do me. You can keep up your vendetta, I guess. You seem to have the time. But I'm going to say that I don't really care about your judgments of me, what I do (or don't do) for a living, or how I find meaning in the world. Worry about the plank in your own eye.

God you are funny and lovable indeed

I'll be in Waco for Christmas and you're welcome anywhere I am for sure

Merry Christmas
Florda_mike
BrooksBearLives said:

CutTheTVoff said:

You also said:

Wait, you're hanging this all on the difference between "mostly" and "nearly half"?

Okay. It was only "half" women and children, not "mostly." I was wrong, I guess?

Does that mean everything else I have said or will say, is wrong? Or are you just arguing a genetic fallacy?

As I said I love you kid but did you see any videos of caravan besides CNN type coverage???

Video I saw was very few if any women and children

I was looking closely too
Jack Bauer
Dems: "Trump is playing politics with this whole fake caravan thing"

ALSO...

Dems: "Let's play politics with this whole fake caravan thing"

CutTheTVoff
BrooksBearLives said:

CutTheTVoff said:

You also said:

You're very coherent and I wouldn't dismiss your future arguments.

The American mainstream media has the objective of unseating the president using a torrent of lies the likes of which are unparalleled in my lifetime. It's one after another; "mostly women and children in the caravan" being just one example. When people perpetuate these lies it is absolutely destructive and devisive.

It is OK to despise this president and/or his administration. You're in a majority. Just temper the false narratives.

I wish you well.
Florda_mike
Jack Bauer said:

ALSO...

Ok so 7 year old hadn't had food nor water for several days and dad had just voluntarily placed themselves in US custody 6 hours earlier and dies of dehydration and ACLU says it's our fault she dies even though our tax dollars lifeflight her to hospital and pay 24 hours of hospital bills for her???

That's the scenario and it's OUR FAULT?

Seriously the left is delusional and this is prime example

We come close to hero status by saving 7 year old life and since she dies then us taxpayers are out a ton of money and a villain to boot!

You can't make this crap up!
cinque
Jack Bauer said:

ALSO...

Thoughts and prayers. There. Done.
HuMcK
riflebear said:

HuMcK said:

riflebear said:

The point is that's probably a made up guy pushing a made up anti-immigrant quote, i.e. propaganda. It's exactly the kind of astroturf programming we've already seen coming from Russian social media bots.

Y'all love to constantly ask what Russia did in 2016, and the answer is posts like that meant to dupe and inflame Americans. Your belief in the tweet's veracity and using to it form your position is clear evidence of such techniques working exactly as intended.
Canada2017
Florda_mike said:

Jack Bauer said:

ALSO...

Ok so 7 year old hadn't had food nor water for several days and dad had just voluntarily placed themselves in US custody 6 hours earlier and dies of dehydration and ACLU says it's our fault she dies even though our tax dollars lifeflight her to hospital and pay 24 hours of hospital bills for her???

That's the scenario and it's OUR FAULT?

Seriously the left is delusional and this is prime example

We come close to hero status by saving 7 year old life and since she dies then us taxpayers are out a ton of money and a villain to boot!

You can't make this crap up!

Our local leftists make up crap on a daily basis .

Misery loves company.
william
sorry for her death. not a good way to go.

AMLO suggested a work program - southern mexico.

not a bad idea. gotta have hope - for those who want to work.

build some meaning in their lives.

- BUmma

central america is a mess - one we - both repubes and demicomms - have helped create over the past century plus.

and yes dearest hilllary even mucked things up down there in her tenure as SoS - in between collecting tribute for her foundation.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/aug/31/hillary-clinton-honduras-violence-manuel-zelaya-berta-caceres

contrario
BrooksBearLives said:

contrario said:

BrooksBearLives said:

riflebear said:

HuMcK said:

riflebear said:

Really?

Eventually, yes. So what's your point?
BrooksBearLives
contrario said:

BrooksBearLives said:

contrario said:

BrooksBearLives said:

riflebear said:

HuMcK said:

riflebear said:

Really?

Facts really only matter in proper context.
Oldbear83
contrario said:

BrooksBearLives said:

contrario said:

BrooksBearLives said:

riflebear said:

HuMcK said:

riflebear said:

Really?

He hates pickles.
bearassnekkid
HuMcK said:

riflebear said:

HuMcK said:

riflebear said:

The point is that's probably a made up guy pushing a made up anti-immigrant quote, i.e. propaganda. It's exactly the kind of astroturf programming we've already seen coming from Russian social media bots.

Y'all love to constantly ask what Russia did in 2016, and the answer is posts like that meant to dupe and inflame Americans. Your belief in the tweet's veracity and using to it form your position is clear evidence of such techniques working exactly as intended.
I see. So, because you think (with no evidence) that some rando on twitter posting thoughts about the caravan is actually a Russian account designed to sway the thoughts and minds of unwitting Americans . . . . therefore, Russia won Trump the election. Okay.

Every time someone says that Russia "interfered" in our election process by friggin TWEETING stuff, I lose my chit. Give me a damn break.
Golem
Oldbear83 said:

contrario said:

BrooksBearLives said:

contrario said:

BrooksBearLives said:

riflebear said:

HuMcK said:

riflebear said:

Really?

He hates pickles.

HuMcK
bearassnekkid said:

HuMcK said:

riflebear said:

HuMcK said:

riflebear said:

I see. So, because you think (with no evidence) that some rando on twitter posting thoughts about the caravan is actually a Russian account designed to sway the thoughts and minds of unwitting Americans . . . . therefore, Russia won Trump the election. Okay.

Every time someone says that Russia "interfered" in our election process by friggin TWEETING stuff, I lose my chit. Give me a damn break.

There's more evidence for that account being a propaganda bot than the quote being real. They know their audience is so credulous that they didn't even bother making up a source for the quote, because they know it doesn't matter. It's an anti-immigrant message that Republicans already want to believe, so they will. The problem is when people harden their position based on dubious (at best) information from questionable sources.

As insignificant as you say Russians tweeting is, here you are defending an obviously made up quote as if it's true. The reason this kind of technique works is many Americans have been primed to believe things with very little critical thinking. It's a vulnerability that has plagued humankind for a couple centuries at least, but now with social media it's dialed up to 11. The most frustrating part is when you pull back the curtain and show the game to the marks being conned, they just double down and pretend it isn't happening like you're doing now.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.