Dennis Prager's three questions for atheists

2,609 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by CutTheTVoff
CutTheTVoff
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This was on his radio show the other day. These questions are not meant to debate the existence of God but rather to assess one's intellectual honesty.

1. Do you ever doubt your atheism?

2. How did everything come into existence?

3. Do you hope you are right or wrong?
Buddha Bear
CutTheTVoff said:

This was on his radio show the other day. These questions are not meant to debate the existence of God but rather to asses one's intellectual honesty.

1. Do you ever doubt your atheism?

2. How did everything come into existence?

3. Do you hope you are right or wrong?

Those questions are why I cant be an full blown Athiest. I guess I'd be considered agnostic.

1. Yes, to say there is absolutely nothing after death is closed minded. We don't know even 1% of make of up of our universe. How could we know for certain there is nothing out there besides us?

2. I don't know. Science and time will eventually find the answers. Evolution does give us some insight, but we have a long way to go to actually know for certain.

3. I hope I'm right that there is more than to life than this world. Just hard for me to believe that only one of the religions on this earth is the right path.
Florda_mike
Good luck Buddha but for me, a Christian that threw away all I'd been taught as a child and then found my own way

1. Atheists have to deny God to consider themselves atheists. Seems to deny God you have to admit it was previously a possibility, or may still be!? That places you still in agnostic universe imo. Frankly that's the reason I believe there's no such thing as an atheist. People that say they're atheist to me are just ultra defiant people that can't give in and say they're agnostic and are just still searching. I know this because I've been agnostic in my journey

That's a starter for discussion purposes
Florda_mike
From this Christian on #2 fwiw to atheists......

2. God will only let us know so much and no more, just enough to know there's a ton we're incapable of ever finding out. My guess is it's all ever expanding at a pace(speed) we'll never replicate our search tools(whatever they'll be in future) to catch up to, so we'll never find end to it all in order to see how it all began. ITS JUST TOO DAM BIG!!! Only God knows or our Creator or whatever YOU wanna call your maker
CutTheTVoff
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.