Supervisors/human resources and women

880 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Jack Bauer
fadskier
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I am wondering in this "guilty until proven innocent when accused by women" atmosphere, if supervisors in charge of hiring are thinking twice about hiring women. I've issued to all staff that there needs to be three people in all meetings.

In the back of my head, I am concerned a little about hiring women but have not acted on it.
Salute the Marines - Joe Biden
LIB,MR BEARS
I record everything now because sometimes it's just not possible to bring in a third. It's crazy that it has gotten to this point.
Jack Bauer
See this similar article. Saying "Believe All Women" is not a wise strategy and will only hurt career women in the long run.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-12-03/a-wall-street-rule-for-the-metoo-era-avoid-women-at-all-cost

Wall Street Rule for the #MeToo Era: Avoid Women at All Cost

Quote:

No more dinners with female colleagues. Don't sit next to them on flights. Book hotel rooms on different floors. Avoid one-on-one meetings.

In fact, as a wealth adviser put it, just hiring a woman these days is "an unknown risk." What if she took something he said the wrong way?

Across Wall Street, men are adopting controversial strategies for the #MeToo era and, in the process, making life even harder for women.

Call it the Pence Effect, after U.S. Vice President Mike Pence, who has said he avoids dining alone with any woman other than his wife. In finance, the overarching impact can be, in essence, gender segregation.

Interviews with more than 30 senior executives suggest many are spooked by #MeToo and struggling to cope. "It's creating a sense of walking on eggshells," said David Bahnsen, a former managing director at Morgan Stanley who's now an independent adviser overseeing more than $1.5 billion.
This is hardly a single-industry phenomenon, as men across the country check their behavior at work, to protect themselves in the face of what they consider unreasonable political correctness -- or to simply do the right thing. The upshot is forceful on Wall Street, where women are scarce in the upper ranks. The industry has also long nurtured a culture that keeps harassment complaints out of the courts and public eye, and has so far avoided a mega-scandal like the one that has engulfed Harvey Weinstein.

RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Sounds like ole VP Mike Pence may have been wiser than his critics gave him credit for.

Yes, these days, "your hair looks very nice" or "that is a very pretty dress" can turn into a sexual harassment lawsuit and cost you your job.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Jack Bauer
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Sounds like ole VP Mike Pence may have been wiser than his critics gave him credit for.

Yes, these days, "your hair looks very nice" or "that is a very pretty dress" can turn into a sexual harassment lawsuit and cost you your job.
And then there is the Joe Biden Rule - women will let me do whatever I want and STILL vote for me.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.