Apple announces $1 billion campus for Austin

641 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by RD2WINAGNBEAR86
contrario
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.statesman.com/news/20181213/apple-plans-new-1-billion-austin-campus-5000-more-jobs?template=ampart

While many local Austonians lament more people moving to Austin, this is fantastic news for the Austin and Texas economy. With this development, Apple will be the third largest private employer in Austin. This was made possible by the repatriation of money that was previously stuck overseas.
PartyBear
That is great news. I wish they picked Waco.
HuMcK
This makes it sound like it may actually end up being in my neck of the woods, Williamson County. Maybe north of Austin in Round Rock or Pflugerville. Enticement package includes 65% abatement of property taxes+ various grants in the $25mil range for 15yrs, requires from Apple $400mil in investments and 4000 cumulative workers hired in that time.
riflebear
Your property value is about to skyrocket. If it's as good as they say it is this will be great for Baylor grads too.

Now for the politics - they said because of the tax cuts and decreasing the taxes for bringing their money back from overseas is the reason they are able to do this. I know liberals won't like hearing that, but another big win for the USA
contrario
HuMcK said:

This makes it sound like it may actually end up being in my neck of the woods, Williamson County. Maybe north of Austin in Round Rock or Pflugerville. Enticement package includes 65% abatement of property taxes+ various grants in the $25mil range for 15yrs, requires from Apple $400mil in investments and 4000 cumulative workers hired in that time.
It's going to be less than a mile from their current campus
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
A co-worker of mine who just came in from California says that gasoline there is around $4.00 per gallon. We are paying $1.79 per gallon at some places here in the San Antonio area.

The mass exodus from California continues. No wonder they want open borders. There won't be anyone left to pay taxes!

https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news/2018/12/13/1-800-companies-left-california-in-a-year-with.html

"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.