This "border crisis" talk is dangerous for our democracy

69,168 Views | 693 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by quash
quash
How long do you want to ignore this user?
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Young Justin is gonna be sad!
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
quash
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Gonna be a lot of sad to go around when a Democrat in the White House looks around and sees emergencies everywhere.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Gonna be a lot of sad to go around when a Democrat in the White House looks around and sees emergencies everywhere.

Actually, quash, I agree with you on this. The good news is it looks like it may be a very long time before there is a Democrat in the White House.

-- Barack Obama
Osodecentx
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Actually, quash, I agree with you on this. The good news is it looks like it may be a very long time before there is a Democrat in the White House.
Remember when Hillary couldn't lose?
BearFan33
quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

I have a bad feeling that will happen regardless of what Trump does. The democrats have no problem setting new and dangerous precedents.
contrario
If it's a danger to our democracy, why would the democrats love the idea? That seems counterintuitive. OP please reconcile. TIA
Osodecentx
BearFan33 said:

quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

I have a bad feeling that will happen regardless of what Trump does. The democrats have no problem setting new and dangerous precedents.
Let's not help them. No Harry Reid screw ups
Waco1947
BearFan33 said:

quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Dangrous precedents? Look in the current Oval Office
quash
contrario said:

If it's a danger to our democracy, why would the democrats love the idea? That seems counterintuitive. OP please reconcile. TIA
Capital D. But you knew that.
57Bear
Osodecentx said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

quash

Remember when Hillary couldn't lose?
Hillary didn't lose - the Russians rigged the election. Don't you keep up with the MSM?
Canada2017
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

The good news is it looks like it may be a very long time before there is a Democrat in the White House.

How have you reached this conclusion ?

RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Canada2017 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

The good news is it looks like it may be a very long time before there is a Democrat in the White House.

The Democratic Party has gone to the EXTREME LEFT so much that I just don't see them having an electable candidate. The decent people that remain with the Democratic Party (yes, there some left) are going to defect. By the same token, I am not so sure at this point Trump wins in 2020. I think Starbucks sucks, but the Schultz guy seems to be anchored in reality. Nikki Haley, I believe, could beat Trump. Will be fascinating to see what happens. Just my opinion my friend.

-- Barack Obama
Canada2017
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Canada2017 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

The Democratic Party has gone to the EXTREME LEFT so much that I just don't see them having an electable candidate. The decent people that remain with the Democratic Party (yes, there some left) are going to defect. By the same token, I am not so sure at this point Trump wins in 2020. I think Starbucks sucks, but the Schultz guy seems to be anchored in reality. Nikki Haley, I believe, could beat Trump. Will be fascinating to see what happens. Just my opinion my friend.

My friend the country is far different than even 12 years ago.

Dems are going crazy left because that's were most people are headed as well.

An increasing number are unable or unwilling to take care of themselves...but still want the perks.
Sam Lowry
I agree, it's a dangerous precedent.
quash
Sam Lowry said:

Further imbalance in executive power.
quash
Forest Bueller
Sam Lowry said:

Yep.
Doc Holliday
Americans have died as a result of illegal border crossings.

This is a fact.
Waco1947
Doc Holliday said:

This is a fact.
Really? People died from guns today and were shot by Americans
Doc Holliday
Waco1947 said:

Doc Holliday said:

This is a fact.
People died from stabbings today by Americans.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Why isnt there more sad now when a republican actually doing it?
I have found theres only two ways to go:
Living fast or dying slow.
I dont want to live forever.
But I will live while I'm here.
DioNoZeus
Doc Holliday said:

This is a fact.

https://www.cato.org/blog/murder-mollie-tibbetts-illegal-immigrant-crime-facts
Osodecentx
quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Why don't R's see this?
LIB,MR BEARS
It is a horrible precedent to set.

Clinton talked about it as an emergency but took no action.

Obama talked about it as an emergency but took no action.

Trump talked about it as an emergency and took action. It was just the wrong action.

This should have been pushed through Congress in year 1 of Trump's presidency but that's when the Rs took no action.
BrooksBearLives
Doc Holliday said:

This is a fact.

People have died from pickles. Fact.

Get rid of all pickles!
BrooksBearLives
LIB,MR BEARS said:

It is a horrible precedent to set.

Clinton talked about it as an emergency but took no action.

Obama talked about it as an emergency but took no action.

Trump talked about it as an emergency and took action. It was just the wrong action.

This should have been pushed through Congress in year 1 of Trump's presidency but that's when the Rs took no action.

McConnell and Ryan played Trump -which is possible because Trump doesn't pay attention to anything. They said taxes, then healthcare, then wall, and he bought it. Trump even talked about it.

He got played by his own party.
YoakDaddy
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Canada2017 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Until Pelosi tells AOC and the 2 muzzie reps to shut up with the crazy GND and anti-Semitic rhetoric that does not play well in middle America, even with independent voters, they'll lose. The next democrat nominee will lose as bad as McGovern or Mondale.
PartyBear
It is funny how y'all think the electorate is the same as it was in the 70s and 80s. Well over half the voters in the 80s have passed. It is more likely that with Trumps help one of these Democrats can end up being a latter day FDR in terms of also getting a Congress that wants to do everything that POTUS wants to do.
Florda_mike
YoakDaddy said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Canada2017 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Until Pelosi tells AOC and the 2 muzzie reps to shut up with the crazy GND and anti-Semitic rhetoric that does not play well in middle America, even with independent voters, they'll lose. The next democrat nominee will lose as bad as McGovern or Mondale.

It appears so far that all democrats are putting up are sacrificial lambs
quash
Doc Holliday said:

Waco1947 said:

Doc Holliday said:

This is a fact.
People died from stabbings today by Americans.
Would you like the president to declare a national knife emergency?

When the alleged emergency has been decreasing for twenty years, and when himself denies the emergency nature, what you really have is a political emergency.

Trump declares a crisis, does little to address it, and he will then declare he solved it. As he has before.
quash
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Some people want this. Speaker Pelosi splooshed at the idea of skipping the Senate. Gun control, climate change. Green New Deal.
Sam Lowry
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Because the Republican isn't a left wing lunatic and the wall is something no one really had a problem with until about ten minutes ago.
PartyBear
The wall was just voted on in 18. Polling data continues to back up that this wall issue is a loser and by large margin. So is the national emergency over an unpopular policy that Americans don't want to pay for.
drahthaar
Waco1947 said:

BearFan33 said:

quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Dangrous precedents? Look in the current Oval Office

And go back several POTUS regimes as well. This didn't begin with Trump nor will it end when he is gone. Just because he is a boor, a bully and lacking grace and class doesn't automatically declare him wrong in an issue or stupid. He's an easy target no doubt but he IS the POTUS. I heard that said about the previous two Prez as well. We'd better find a way to deal with him outside media.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.