Where is RBG?

4,813 Views | 49 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Florda_mike
riflebear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Could you imagine if a conservative Justice was awol for almost 2 months what the media would be doing. There would be 24/7 coverage outside their house.

Florda_mike
What's the last reported date she was see?
fubar
Last I heard, she was expected back for argument in February. The first such day for that is 2/24.

What is this bizarre fascination you have with this?
Mitch Blood Green
riflebear said:

Could you imagine if a conservative Justice was awol for almost 2 months what the media would be doing. There would be 24/7 coverage outside their house.

She was seen in public last week.
BellCountyBear
tommie said:

riflebear said:

"Weekend at RBG's"?
quash
riflebear said:

Lol at being triggered by a lack of RBG coverage.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Florda_mike
I'm just ready for Trump's nominee to replace her, that's all
Jack and DP
tommie said:

riflebear said:

Nope
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
It was widely reported that she supposedly attended a concert last week but was skipping the State of the Union Address. I find it VERY strange there are no photos of her at the concert on the internet or anywhere. Why is this? Was the paparazzi just trying to give her a little privacy? LOL! Something is not right here.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Malbec
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

It was widely reported that she supposedly attended a concert last week but was skipping the State of the Union Address. I find it VERY strange there are no photos of her at the concert on the internet or anywhere. Why is this? Was the paparazzi just trying to give her a little privacy? LOL! Something is not right here.
She was dressed as a bassoon. Nobody photographs a bassoon.
Mitch Blood Green
Jack and DP said:

tommie said:

riflebear said:

Nope

I can't make you believe it Mr. Makers Mark.
riflebear
quash said:

riflebear said:

Lol? Triggered? Don't think I've posted about her in over a month but why so defensive trying to hide her?

I just hope she's ok. Honestly. Just pointing out the typical media double standard of roles were reversed.
quash
riflebear said:

quash said:

riflebear said:

Lol? Triggered? Don't think I've posted about her in over a month but why so defensive trying to hide her?

I just hope she's ok. Honestly. Just pointing out the typical media double standard of roles were reversed.
Yes, I'm sure you are concerned about her health.

And you don't really know what the media would do. Paparazzi don't hound justices of any stripe.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
riflebear
quash said:

riflebear said:

quash said:

riflebear said:

And you don't really know what the media would do. Paparazzi don't hound justices of any stripe.
Are you serious? The media was outside private citizen homes when it had something to do with Trump. Are you that naive to not think they would be outside the home of a 'conservative' justice if they were 85+yrs old post surgery and not been seen for almost 2 months with a Democrat president in office & a Dem Senate? LOL - do you remember Kavanaugh?
FormerFlash
riflebear said:

quash said:

riflebear said:

quash said:

riflebear said:

Are you serious? The media was outside private citizen homes when it had something to do with Trump. Are you that naive to not think they would be outside the home of a 'conservative' justice if they were 85+yrs old post surgery and not been seen for almost 2 months with a Democrat president in office & a Dem Senate? LOL - do you remember Kavanaugh?
Everyone knows this is true and pretending otherwise is dishonest. She's a liberal judge who is in poor health and has been missing. Obviously, conservatives have a vested interest in receiving updates on her health and whereabouts just as liberals have a vested interested in hiding her if something is going on. Let's all just be honest with our motivations.
Sic Everyone.
Canada2017
Silly thread.

Leave the old gal alone.
FormerFlash
I don't think it's silly at all. If you hold one of the 9 highest positions in our country's judicial branch, we the people have a right to know where you are if you disappear for weeks on end when you are known to be in poor health and there are political motivations for keeping your health and whereabouts secret. If the President, Vice President, Secretary of State, Senate Majority leader, etc. just disappeared with no explanation for an extended amount of time don't you think there would be some serious questions asked by the media as to what exactly was going on? If you choose a life in public service, know that you're going to answer to the public.
Sic Everyone.
El Oso
With 5 conservative justices on the court, we'd know if she was dead.

Do you really think 5 conservative justices would help cover it up?
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
El Oso said:

I dunno Oso. How many times do you ask for details when one of your co-workers calls in sick?

-- Barack Obama
william
RIP RBG.
oops.

hang in there, notorious RBG.

- BUmma

:bow:

Forest Bueller
Good grief, she isn't dead.

If she doesn't show up 02/24 then there should be concern about her future as a Judge.
quash
riflebear said:

quash said:

riflebear said:

quash said:

riflebear said:

Private citizens are not on SCOTUS. Kavanaugh was a nominee. Link me to press camped outside a sitting justice's house, of any stripe. I'll wait.
quash
FormerFlash said:

I don't think it's silly at all. If you hold one of the 9 highest positions in our country's judicial branch, we the people have a right to know where you are if you disappear for weeks on end when you are known to be in poor health and there are political motivations for keeping your health and whereabouts secret. If the President, Vice President, Secretary of State, Senate Majority leader, etc. just disappeared with no explanation for an extended amount of time don't you think there would be some serious questions asked by the media as to what exactly was going on? If you choose a life in public service, know that you're going to answer to the public.
Where did you get that right?
fubar
quash said:

riflebear said:

quash said:

riflebear said:

William Rehnquist used to walk to work on nicer days. Never had any issue with paparazzi.

Look guys, just because you have some internet fantasy that RBG is dead doesn't mean that others are going to indulge you with pointless coverage. If she doesn't show in two weeks without explanation, by all means, camp outside her home.

P.S. I was looking at the wrong calendar. Arguments start on 2/19. You have less time to wait before getting all excited.
Jack and DP
tommie said:

Jack and DP said:

tommie said:

riflebear said:

Nope

She was said to be at the premier of her show, but videos of the event turned up nothing.
YoakDaddy
riflebear said:

She's being rebuilt....

Mitch Blood Green
Jack and DP said:

tommie said:

Jack and DP said:

tommie said:

riflebear said:

Nope

She was said to be at the premier of her show, but videos of the event turned up nothing.

No cameras were allowed at the event b
fubar
El Oso said:

You're a reasonable guy. Do you really think ANY Supreme Court justice would help cover it up?

It's time for educated people to step up and stop this right/left, Obama/Trump, conservative/liberal bull***** We have honest disagreements about policy and the law. It doesn't mean the "other" guy on the "other" side is at his core unAmerican.

And we need to call moronic reports and threads what they are: Moronic. The people that pass this on?

Yeah, you know.
Florda_mike
pruritus_ani said:

El Oso said:

You're a reasonable guy. Do you really think ANY Supreme Court justice would help cover it up?

It's time for educated people to step up and stop this right/left, Obama/Trump, conservative/liberal bull***** We have honest disagreements about policy and the law. It doesn't mean the "other" guy on the "other" side is at his core unAmerican.

And we need to call moronic reports and threads what they are: Moronic. The people that pass this on?

Yeah, you know.

Brainwashed to not think and to condemn those that can think and do think? This is a sad post

Herbert Spenser once said, "There is but one thing that keeps a man in everlasting ignorance, contempt prior to investigation." The above poster appears to represent "everlasting ignorance!"
quash
Florda_mike said:

pruritus_ani said:

El Oso said:

Yeah, you know.

Brainwashed to not think and to condemn those that can think and do think? This is a sad post

Herbert Spenser once said, "There is but one thing that keeps a man in everlasting ignorance, contempt prior to investigation." The above poster appears to represent "everlasting ignorance!"

Astonishing lack of self awareness.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
I really hope she is not getting freezer burn.

-- Barack Obama
Doc Holliday
pruritus_ani said:

El Oso said:

Yeah, you know.
If it was found out to be true that she's been dead or incapable of doing her job and people have been writing her SC opinions for her, how would you react?
Florda_mike
Doc Holliday said:

pruritus_ani said:

El Oso said:

Yeah, you know.
If it was found out to be true that she's been dead or incapable of doing her job and people have been writing her SC opinions for her, how would you react?

^^^ Democrats defend criminal activity because ...... they're criminals
El Oso
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

El Oso said:

I dunno Oso. How many times do you ask for details when one of your co-workers calls in sick?
I have significantly more than 8 coworkers.

But in my core group that I interact with on a daily basis, I'm checking in on you on your second consecutive missed day of work.
El Oso
pruritus_ani said:

El Oso said:

Yeah, you know.
No, but it would be much easier to accept a cover up from within the justices who think like her.

Again, that is not happening, but it would be easier to buy.

A cover up by the other side--that's an impossible sell.

Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.