National debt top 22 trillion for 1st time in history

2,473 Views | 30 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Osodecentx
settegast
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The national debt has been raising at a much higher rate since the passage of donald's 1.5 trillion dollar tax break. Yes, it's the Democrats fault.........30 billion raise in the last 30 days according to USA Today, that's the Democrats fault too ( according to me, not USA Today). 22 trillion? It can only be the Democrats fault. It can never be the man in charge fault, this falls solely on the shoulders of the party in charge, not donald, right?
corncob pipe
http://www.usdebtclock.org/
contrario
Both parties are to blame for this. The bipartisan spending bill (yes, Cinque, your democrats supported the disaster of a spending bill and voted for it) passed last year put us on this trajectory. Neither party has shown any interest in fixing our spending problem, which is all that matters.
Guy Noir
Getting control of spending is the number one issue that I will base my vote in the future.
BaylorOkie
It's no surprise that the OP starts off picking a partisan fight. Par for the course around here.

But Contrario is right. Both parties are to blame for this. We could very well have some sort of economic collapse in my lifetime. Screw all of them for that.
ValhallaBear
Guy Noir said:

Getting control of spending is the number one issue that I will base my vote in the future.
There will never be spending control from the government. They will talk about it so as to get elected but the people that rely on the spending, control the agenda
Canada2017
The American people want 'free' education , 'free' social services, 'free health care', a strong military, and a dozen other programs.

But they don't want higher taxes...while a significant number of folks pay little or nothing at all.

Every politician understands this.....and knows without a doubt in order to keep their office ( and perks ) they must continue to play the game .
Johnny Bear
One thing that's NOT to blame for this is tax cuts, which at least in the long run ALWAYS generates higher revenue to the Treasury. Spending always has been and still very much is the problem and I agree - BOTH parties are to blame on that point.
Aliceinbubbleland
settegast said:

The national debt has been raising at a much higher rate since the passage of donald's 1.5 trillion dollar tax break. Yes, it's the Democrats fault.........30 billion raise in the last 30 days according to USA Today, that's the Democrats fault too ( according to me, not USA Today). 22 trillion? It can only be the Democrats fault. It can never be the man in charge fault, this falls solely on the shoulders of the party in charge, not donald, right?
It takes two to tango. Congress and the President. With candidates like Sanders and Harris who can imagine what our debt will look like in 2030?

J.R.
Johnny Bear said:

One thing that's NOT to blame for this is tax cuts, which at least in the long run ALWAYS generates higher revenue to the Treasury. Spending always has been and still very much is the problem and I agree - BOTH parties are to blame on that point.
Do your homework LJ, per the IRS today...Revenue is flat
Limited IQ Redneck in PU

[url=https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump][/url]Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
[url=https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump][/url]
[url=https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/349248454045859841][/url]
[url=https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/349248454045859841][/url]

Our debt is about to top $17T. ObamaCare and China (& others) are killing American business.

@realDonaldTrump

So many problems in the U.S. and leadership that is hopeless...and now, on top of everything else, we just hit $18 trillion in debt!

Quote:

@realDonaldTrump
[url=https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump][/url]
[url=https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/565167471343464449][/url]
[url=https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/565167471343464449][/url]

With America's debt topping $21T by the end of his presidency, Obama will have effectively bankrupted our country.
I have found theres only two ways to go:
Living fast or dying slow.
I dont want to live forever.
But I will live while I'm here.
Buddha Bear
BaylorOkie said:

It's no surprise that the OP starts off picking a partisan fight. Par for the course around here.

But Contrario is right. Both parties are to blame for this. We could very well have some sort of economic collapse in my lifetime. Screw all of them for that.
That's because bipartisan threads don't get any responses. Wish they did, but the extremist views here keep the partisan fire stoked. They're not looking for compromise and answers. Only validation of their existing beliefs.

And yes, both parties to blame for our debt. We owe an apology to the millennials on this one.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Of course both parties are to fault. I am sick of lying politicians that say they are going to start fixing it. We need another Andrew Jackson.
I have found theres only two ways to go:
Living fast or dying slow.
I dont want to live forever.
But I will live while I'm here.
Mitch Blood Green
Guy Noir said:

Im calling BS. Conservatives only care about debt and deficits when they are out of power.
Mitch Blood Green
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

Of course both parties are to fault. I am sick of lying politicians that say they are going to start fixing it. We need another Andrew Jackson.

Both parties are not to fault. Both parties didn't push for unfunded Medicare part D or an irresponsible tax cut or an off book Iraq war.

The difference is Republicans craw about fiscal responsibility. (Until they take power). Dems tax to fund programs. (I'm not saying that right). I'm saying the hypocrisy is thick like a fart in the first class cabin.
Doc Holliday
tommie said:

Guy Noir said:

Yes m calling BS. Conservatives only care about debt and deficits when they are out of power.
Not really. I hate the omnibus bill and wish Trump never signed it.

He had his reasons but I think it was a mistake.
Mitch Blood Green
Doc Holliday said:

tommie said:

Guy Noir said:

Yes m calling BS. Conservatives only care about debt and deficits when they are out of power.

Have you taken to the streets? Have you voted out anyone from your party? Are you calling for a primary challenge?
cinque
contrario said:

Both parties are to blame for this. The bipartisan spending bill (yes, Cinque, your democrats supported the disaster of a spending bill and voted for it) passed last year put us on this trajectory. Neither party has shown any interest in fixing our spending problem, which is all that matters.
Democrats don't like to increase spending and reduce taxes at the same time. That's a Republican thing. (See the last two Republican presidents)
Make Racism Wrong Again
GrowlTowel
tommie said:

Guy Noir said:

Im calling BS. Conservatives only care about debt and deficits when they are out of power.

True. But at least they care at some point.
Doc Holliday
tommie said:

Doc Holliday said:

tommie said:

Guy Noir said:

Have you taken to the streets? Have you voted out anyone from your party? Are you calling for a primary challenge?
Might surprise you, but I don't really care for most of the GOP.

I'm more in line with Rand Paul.
Mitch Blood Green
Doc Holliday said:

tommie said:

Doc Holliday said:

tommie said:

Guy Noir said:

Might surprise you, but I don't really care for most of the GOP.

I'm more in line with Rand Paul.

I'm actually not surprised.
Aliceinbubbleland
Guy Noir said:

Your guy will never get elected. See Goldwater, Perot and Ron Paul. I know plenty of Republicans who were calling for responsible spending yet they screamed bloody murder if anyone proposed touching their entitlements.
Johnny Bear
J.R. said:

Johnny Bear said:

Think long term, genius. The world didn't end today.
Mitch Blood Green
Johnny Bear said:

J.R. said:

Johnny Bear said:

That's not proven to be historically true. If less taxes =more revenue, does no taxes = infinite revenue?

What is true is that there is a "tax sweet spot" that both drives economic growth and funds the treasury. We are well below that place.
Doc Holliday
tommie said:

Johnny Bear said:

J.R. said:

Johnny Bear said:

That's not proven to be historically true. If less taxes =more revenue, does no taxes = infinite revenue?

What is true is that there is a "tax sweet spot" that both drives economic growth and funds the treasury. We are well below that place.
We're not below it.

This is you saying we should give more of OUR money to a government that recklessly spends.
Mitch Blood Green
Doc Holliday said:

tommie said:

Johnny Bear said:

J.R. said:

Johnny Bear said:

We're not below it.

This is you saying we should give more of OUR money to a government that recklessly spends.

They didn't give you back YOUR money. They kept it high. The government doesn't reckless spin. The government spends to priorities. You disagree with the priority.
Doc Holliday
tommie said:

Doc Holliday said:

tommie said:

Johnny Bear said:

J.R. said:

Johnny Bear said:

We're not below it.

They didn't give you back YOUR money. They kept it high. The government doesn't reckless spin. The government spends to priorities. You disagree with the priority.
Mitch Blood Green
Doc Holliday said:

tommie said:

Doc Holliday said:

tommie said:

Johnny Bear said:

J.R. said:

Johnny Bear said:

We're not below it.

Your reckless is some else's lifeline.
Osodecentx
BaylorOkie said:

yep
Bipartisan f@#$ up
contrario
cinque said:

contrario said:

Democrats don't like to increase spending and reduce taxes at the same time. That's a Republican thing. (See the last two Republican presidents)
No, they just like to spend more than we bring in. They always have. Both sides have. Stop being ignorant.
Johnny Bear
tommie said:

Johnny Bear said:

J.R. said:

Johnny Bear said:

Of course no taxes doesn't = "infinite revenue" - but we're still a long way from no taxes, even with the recent cuts. And it has been proven to be historically true that the more you incent growth and business expansion through lower taxation, the more growth and expansion you will get, creating a higher number of taxpayers that will more than make up for the lower rates the greater number of taxpayers are paying. American individuals and businesses aren't under taxed - American politicians over-spend (including both political parties), plain and simple. And if you think they spend it wisely, I've got ocean front property in Nebraska I'd like to sell you.
Osodecentx
tommie said:

Johnny Bear said:

J.R. said:

Johnny Bear said:

There is a sweet spot and we are below it, but if we ever get to that sweet spot there won't be enough money to pay for what both parties will borrow and spend.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.