80 Percent Vatican Priests Gay - New Expose

3,204 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by quash
TexasScientist
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6696977/Eighty-cent-Vatican-priests-gay-according-explosive-new-book.html

Justin Kates

ValhallaBear
Justin Kates
#makethevaticanstraightagain #MTVSA
quash
I guess Baptist preachers will get scrutinized next.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
ValhallaBear
Generic Youth Ministers
Canada2017
chuckle

Great way to sell books .
cinque
quash said:

I guess Baptist preachers will get scrutinized next.
It's happening now:

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/trending-now/nearly-400-southern-baptist-leaders-volunteers-accused-of-sexual-abuse-report-says/918264711

https://www.mrt.com/news/local/article/Investigation-reveals-700-victims-of-Southern-13602419.php
Make Racism Wrong Again
cinque
TexasScientist said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6696977/Eighty-cent-Vatican-priests-gay-according-explosive-new-book.html

Daily Mail click bait
Make Racism Wrong Again
TexasScientist
N.J. Catholic dioceses release names of 188 priests and deacons accused of sexual abuse of children

https://www.nj.com/news/2019/02/first-nj-diocese-opens-decades-of-secret-files-to-reveal-the-names-of-48-priests-accused-of-sexual-abuse.html

Doc Holliday
Another example of culture effecting human behavior.

Why we don't condemn negative culture more is beyond me.
TexasScientist
Doc Holliday said:

And, could be another example of a corrupt the Catholic Church.
Doc Holliday
TexasScientist said:

Doc Holliday said:

Not just the Catholic Church. Many churches are corrupt in many different ways.

I remember seeing Ed Young in Grapevine once. His first statement was that the church needed our money. A few hours later he drove off in a Bentley to his massive mansion.

There are wolves in sheep's clothing all over the place.
TexasScientist
Doc Holliday said:

TexasScientist said:

Doc Holliday said:

I remember seeing Ed Young in Grapevine once. His first statement was that the church needed our money. A few hours later he drove off in a Bentley to his massive mansion.

Pervasive.
Coke Bear
TexasScientist said:

I beg to differ. The Church is NOT corrupt. It's message contains the fullness of truth. Unfortunately, the Church has a number of people in the Church that are corrupt. I and many other faithful Catholics have been calling for and praying for them to be removed. It's happening, but WAY too slowly.

I have not read the article because someone mentioned that it's click bait. I refuse to give them views. Having said that, I highly doubt that the 80% figure is correct. It would not surprise me if the actual number is closer to 20-35% of the priests at the Vatican have same-sex attraction.

The power of the Lavender mafia is great at the Vatican. Fortunately, those priests will be dying in the next decade or so. Many of these men became ordained in 60's, 70's and early 80's. Sadly their damage will be felt for several generations.

Recent studies show that the majority of the "gay" priest are between the ages of 65-85. Less than 10% under 40 and by one study that it is nearly 0% under 30.

The Church is doing a MUCH better job vetting men for the priesthood. Seminaries are returning to orthodox teaching and rooting out liberal philosophies. One of my friends is in a seminary in Texas and he loves how orthodox the teaching is. I am greatly encouraged by this.

The Church will go thru a cleansing process soon. It won't be as fast as many Catholics would like.
Forest Bueller
Doc Holliday said:

TexasScientist said:

Doc Holliday said:

Yea, Ed Young gives me the creeps just listening to him.

"Why are you even coming to church, if you're not bringing the tithe? Seriously, what are you expecting? Just hang out at home, man, play golf. You don't need to be here. What are you, crazy? You're not going to get anything [from God for not tithing]...You're wasting your time, my time, you're taking up space here.." Ed Young telling his church members to tithe or stay home.
quash
Forest Bueller said:

Doc Holliday said:

TexasScientist said:

Doc Holliday said:

Yea, Ed Young gives me the creeps just listening to him.

"Why are you even coming to church, if you're not bringing the tithe? Seriously, what are you expecting? Just hang out at home, man, play golf. You don't need to be here. What are you, crazy? You're not going to get anything [from God for not tithing]...You're wasting your time, my time, you're taking up space here.." Ed Young telling his church members to tithe or stay home.

Good grief. Folks can't get some gospel without payin'?
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Justin Kates
There are a few things that Ed Young Jr. does/says that make me uncomfortable. You must always test what someone preaches against what the Bible says.

I have yet to hear anything that Ed Young Sr. said that made me feel the same. And he has on many occasion (2nd Sunday in Feb, every year) preached on the same message.

Does scripture back up what they say? EYj, I think scripture backs up his intended message, but I think he got in his own way in how he presented it. When you do that, you leave it to the vultures to pick apart and devour your message.
TexasScientist
Justin Kates said:

There are a few things that Ed Young Jr. does/says that make me uncomfortable. You must always test what someone preaches against what the Bible says.

I have yet to hear anything that Ed Young Sr. said that made me feel the same. And he has on many occasion (2nd Sunday in Feb, every year) preached on the same message.

Does scripture back up what they say? EYj, I think scripture backs up his intended message, but I think he got in his own way in how he presented it. When you do that, you leave it to the vultures to pick apart and devour your message.
Doesn't subjective testing lead to the Bible saying whatever one wants to interpret? Each person with their own version of Judaism or Christianity?
TexasScientist
Coke Bear said:

TexasScientist said:

I beg to differ. The Church is NOT corrupt. It's message contains the fullness of truth. Unfortunately, the Church has a number of people in the Church that are corrupt. I and many other faithful Catholics have been calling for and praying for them to be removed. It's happening, but WAY too slowly.

I have not read the article because someone mentioned that it's click bait. I refuse to give them views. Having said that, I highly doubt that the 80% figure is correct. It would not surprise me if the actual number is closer to 20-35% of the priests at the Vatican have same-sex attraction.

The power of the Lavender mafia is great at the Vatican. Fortunately, those priests will be dying in the next decade or so. Many of these men became ordained in 60's, 70's and early 80's. Sadly their damage will be felt for several generations.

Recent studies show that the majority of the "gay" priest are between the ages of 65-85. Less than 10% under 40 and by one study that it is nearly 0% under 30.

The Church is doing a MUCH better job vetting men for the priesthood. Seminaries are returning to orthodox teaching and rooting out liberal philosophies. One of my friends is in a seminary in Texas and he loves how orthodox the teaching is. I am greatly encouraged by this.

The Church will go thru a cleansing process soon. It won't be as fast as many Catholics would like.
Quote:

If this were true, the Vatican would empty its coffers, pull down its shroud of financial secrecy, divest itself of its extensive real estate holdings, abandoned the trappings of the Pharisees and Sadducees, and give to those in need. Isn't that what Jesus preached? Although the Catholic Church does some good to justify itself, it has amassed untold wealth, by exploiting the poor and ignorant around the world, especially people of the third world.
Canada2017
TexasScientist said:

Coke Bear said:

TexasScientist said:

Quote:

If this were true, the Vatican would empty its coffers, pull down its shroud of financial secrecy, divest itself of its extensive real estate holdings, abandoned the trappings of the Pharisees and Sadducees, and give to those in need. Isn't that what Jesus preached? Although the Catholic Church does some good to justify itself, it has amassed untold wealth, by exploiting the poor and ignorant around the world, especially people of the third world.

That is absurd .

Please identify the atheist organizations that aid the poor throughout the world as much as Catholic Charities.
Coke Bear
TexasScientist said:

Even if the Vatican emptied it's coffers of their "untold wealth" and donated it to the world's poor. The poor would still be poor. Donated food and supplies (even if no receiving corrupt country or regime confiscated the aid) would be exhausted in a short time and the poor would still be hungry.

Also note that the Church has acquired land and other holdings over 2000 years. Mostly thru donations after those who willed their property to the Church after their death.

To echo the post of Canada, please find an organization that has done more for the poor than the Church.

Finally, please provide evidence of the exploitation of the poor and ignorant so that I can research that claim.

Justin Kates
TexasScientist said:

Justin Kates said:

Doesn't subjective testing lead to the Bible saying whatever one wants to interpret? Each person with their own version of Judaism or Christianity?
Huh?
Sam Lowry
TexasScientist said:

Coke Bear said:

TexasScientist said:

Quote:

Completely absurd. This would cause a crisis in health care, education, and social services the likes of which we've never seen. The results in the Third World are too awful to contemplate.
Coke Bear
TexasScientist said:

I 100% agree with the logic in your questions here.

This is exactly what some of my Protestant brothers seem to gloss over.

Without a magisterium (the teaching authority of the Catholic Church), individuals can make up whatever theology that they desire. Often times, these people will state that the Holy Spirit told them how to interpret a particular passage. What happens when two people, who were BOTH told by the Holy Spirit, disagree? Was the Holy Spirit giving two different truths? No, He wasn't.

This is a huge problem of Protestantism. It started with Luther, then Zwingli, then Calvin. When someone wants to believe something new, they start their own church. It's got worse with Knox, Smyth, and Wesley. Then you get crazies like John Smith and Charles Taze Russell.

The Church has taught the same doctrine and dogmas for 2000 years.
william
the long silken robes should have been a clue.

- KKM

I'll take 'hints of pederasty' for $400, arex'.

BID.
YoakDaddy
Doc Holliday said:

TexasScientist said:

Doc Holliday said:

Must have been decades ago because Ed has been Houston for many many years.
Doc Holliday
YoakDaddy said:

Doc Holliday said:

TexasScientist said:

Doc Holliday said:

Must have been decades ago because Ed has been Houston for many many years.
You're probably thinking of a different Ed.

https://fellowshipchurch.com/ed-young/
quash
Justin Kates said:

Sort of, and I forget where exactly in the OT. But what EY talks about is just one tithe; thte OT had 3 I believe: to priests (who drew no salary, unlike EY), for widows and orphans, and for church festivals or holidays. I also recall an odd number like 23%. I do not see EY getting into the last 2 either, just the church budget stuff.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.