U.S. Tax Revenues Fall, Deficit Widens in Wake of New Tax Law

7,074 Views | 73 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Canada2017
cinque
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So, is declining revenue in the atermath of the tax heist a good thing?
Make Racism Wrong Again
Doc Holliday
cinque said:

So, is declining revenue in the atermath of the tax heist a good thing?
Tax heist lol

Only in 2019 is lowering taxes a heist. Only is keeping more of YOUR money a heist.

You're insane.
cinque
"That's great news about the deficit Mr. President! But if you wouldn't mind, where exactly did you get that information, because I haven't seen anyone say....."

"SIT DOWN!! Sit! Down!! Next question
Make Racism Wrong Again
Mitch Blood Green
Canada2017 said:

tommie said:

Canada2017 said:

Almost every country that puts excessive taxes on their wealthy citizens ...eventually sees a significant number of those citizens emigrate elsewhere .

Some see any tax as excessive.

Doesn't alter the destructive reality of the wealthy leaving a country in droves .

No different as when corporations leave a state due to higher taxes .

Bottom line......

It sounds 'good' to soak the rich .....but often you actually take in less money as people bail out .

The wealthy aren't leaving the country. They are offshoring wealth. That's a law change away from changing.

The biggest thing I'd like to see is the proper definition of income. Taking options this year and selling next year is not an investment. It's income.

Because what remains unchanged is when I take my $20M yacht sailing off the coast of Africa and it breaks down or gets pirated, who's the doctor i call?
Canada2017
tommie said:

Canada2017 said:

tommie said:

Canada2017 said:

Almost every country that puts excessive taxes on their wealthy citizens ...eventually sees a significant number of those citizens emigrate elsewhere .

Some see any tax as excessive.

Doesn't alter the destructive reality of the wealthy leaving a country in droves .

No different as when corporations leave a state due to higher taxes .

Bottom line......

It sounds 'good' to soak the rich .....but often you actually take in less money as people bail out .

The wealthy aren't leaving the country. They are offshoring wealth. That's a law change away from changing.

The biggest thing I'd like to see is the proper definition of income. Taking options this year and selling next year is not an investment. It's income.

Because what remains unchanged is when I take my $20M yacht sailing off the coast of Africa and it breaks down or gets pirated, who's the doctor i call?

Not from the US......yet.

But in Great Britain, Sweden and Norway it's not uncommon for the wealthiest 2% to bail .

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.