Amazon Cancels HQ2 Plans in New York City

4,953 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Forest Bueller
corncob pipe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ValhallaBear
corncob pipe said:

'Hold my weiner...uh beer'

RD2WINAGNBEAR86
ValhallaBear said:

corncob pipe said:

'Hold my weiner...uh beer'

Elizabeth Hurley is STILL a Babe! What the Hell was Hugh Grant thinking?
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Wineguy89
cinque said:

North Texas is quietly negotiating to secure the second HQ. Should the bid be successful, it will be a mixed bag given the expected spike in housing and overall cost of living.

We were Billions behind VA/TN/NY in the "semi finals". Have the powers that be upped their game now?
Richard Reese
(True) Freshman - Bellville, TX
152 carries/791 yards/5.2 YPC/12 touchdowns
11 receptions/80 yards
1 game clinching studly TD vs Kansas
ZERO fumbles

Brett “Big Ballz” Yormark- Commissioner Big 12-16 Conference
One badass new TV contract with more goodies to come
william
Wineguy89 said:

We were Billions behind VA/TN/NY in the "semi finals". Have the powers that be upped their game now?
Forest Bueller
GolemIII said:

Jack and DP said:

This is fully crazy. 100% of nothing is nothing.
Man look, I've been saying for a looong time, she is crazy as a ****house rat.

Knew for sure she was a fraud when she kept going on and on about being raised a poor whatever in the Bronx, knowing full well she was raised in an Upper Middle class enclave with an average HH income of around 150K and her dad was an Architect.

I grew up on the outskirts of Chilton, I know poor, this lady is nothing but a child of privilege.
Forest Bueller
ATL Bear said:

Nearly a $Billion in annual wages and another $Billion+ in facility and plant investment has a hell of an impact to a local economy regardless of the tax breaks given on something that you're not getting any taxes from currently. That doesn't even count the local businesses that benefit from selling goods/services into an entity of that size.

Quote:

The decision by tech giant Amazon to pull out of their plan to build a New York City headquarters was a stunning development, especially for those looking forward to the 25,000 new jobs Amazon promised to bring to the area. But now the fallout is ramping up as Amazon executives are blaming New York lawmakers, especially Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, for creating a 'hostile environment' in which they did not want to do business.

NY is getting exactly what they deserve.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.