Jeffress: Trump detractors are like Christians in Nazi Germany

2,646 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by xiledinok
cinque
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Something's wrong with this man:

Robert Jeffress made perhaps his strongest statements yet in defense of President Donald Trump. Given what Jeffress has said about the president in the past, it should come as no shock that the First Baptist Dallas pastor's new remarks have left him teetering on the edge of the deep end.

Wednesday morning, Jeffress made one of his frequent appearances on conservative radio personality Todd Starnes' show to talk about the biggest threat facing America today the vanishingly small number of white evangelicals who refuse to support the president.
"Let me say this as charitably as I can," Jeffress said, prefacing a statement that you just know was going to be as charitable as a loan shark. "These 'Never Trump' evangelicals are morons. They are absolutely spineless morons, and they cannot admit that they were wrong."

Jeffress' statements may leave you, the person who feels that Trump has been just as megalomaniacal, racist and infuriating as imaginable during his two-plus years in office, wondering what the hell the pastor is talking about.
The answer, of course, is abortion.
"This is an issue of life and death. This is so black and white, so much about good versus evil. I don't get it," Jeffress said. "It really goes to the core of who we are as a country and what kind of a country we have in the future, and if we can't get this issue of life right, I just don't know where we're going to go down the road."
In 2015, Jeffress blamed the Sept. 11 attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon on abortion. This time, he reached back for an even more inflammatory claim...

https://www.dallasobserver.com/news/dallas-pastor-robet-jeffress-says-anti-trump-christians-are-morons-11561290
Make Racism Wrong Again
YoakDaddy
Your title is misleading....what Jeffress said was about Christians who don't support Trump in context of recent state abortion votes and their silence against state abortion votes.
"We cannot afford to be like German Christians who, in the rise of the evil reign of Adolf Hitler, just remained neutered. They remained silent. And you saw what happened there,"

In supporting life instead of infanticide, I'd agree. Too many Christians are silent as to government actions against the unborn just like German Christians (with a few exceptions like Dietrich Bonhoeffer) were silent as Jews were put on trains to be exterminated.
cinque
YoakDaddy said:

Your title is misleading....what Jeffress said was about Christians who don't support Trump in context of recent state abortion votes and their silence against state abortion votes.
"We cannot afford to be like German Christians who, in the rise of the evil reign of Adolf Hitler, just remained neutered. They remained silent. And you saw what happened there,"

In supporting life instead of infanticide, I'd agree. Too many Christians are silent as to government actions against the unborn just like German Christians (with a few exceptions like Dietrich Bonhoeffer) were silent as Jews were put on trains to be exterminated.
Jeffress' comments are full of irony.
Make Racism Wrong Again
Canada2017
cinque said:

YoakDaddy said:

And your comments are habitually full of lies and misrepresentations .

cinque
Canada2017 said:

cinque said:

YoakDaddy said:

And you didn't read the article, let alone understand it.
Make Racism Wrong Again
Canada2017
cinque said:

Canada2017 said:

cinque said:

YoakDaddy said:

Princess ....you have the unenviable reputation for silly misrepresentations and outright lying .

As a result you are not remotely worth the time investment required for serious discussion on this or any other subject

But for pure amusement.....well you are pretty funny at times .
cinque
Canada2017 said:

cinque said:

Canada2017 said:

cinque said:

YoakDaddy said:

Princess ....you have the unenviable reputation for silly misrepresentations and outright lying .

As a result you are not remotely worth the time investment required for serious discussion on this or any other subject

Jeffress' comments on the Catholic Church should have you rolling on the floor:

The Observer believes that Jeffress deserves a fair hearing about whether he was taken out of context, so we've taken the liberty of transcribing, in their entirety, Jeffress' comments about Catholicism and the Roman Catholic Church from a segment on his radio show Pathway to Victory.
Quote:

"This is the Babylonian mystery religion that spread like a cult throughout the entire world. The high priests of that fake religion, that false religion, the high priests of that religion would wear crowns that resemble the heads of fish, that was in order to worship the fish god Dagon, and on those crowns were written the words, 'Keeper of the Bridge,' the bridge between Satan and man.
"That phrase, Keeper of the Bridge the Roman equivalent of it is Pontifex Maximus. It was a title that was first carried by the Caesars and then the emperors and finally by the Bishop of the Rome, Pontifex Maximus, the Keeper of the Bridge.
"You can see where we're going with this. It is that Babylonian mystery religion that infected the early church. One of the churches it infected was the church of Pergamos, which is one of the recipients of the Book of Revelation. And the early church was corrupted by this Babylonian mystery religion, and today the Roman Catholic Church is the result of that corruption.
"Much of what you see in the Catholic Church today doesn't come from God's word; it comes from that cultlike, pagan religion. Now you say, 'Pastor, how can you say such a thing? That is such an indictment of the Catholic Church. After all, the Catholic Church talks about God and the Bible and Jesus and the blood of Christ and salvation.'
"Isn't that the genius of Satan? If you want to counterfeit a dollar bill, you don't do it with purple paper and red ink. You're not going to fool anybody with that. But if you want to counterfeit money, what you do is make it look closely related to the real thing as possible.
"And that's what Satan does with counterfeit religion. He uses, he steals, he appropriates all of the symbols of true biblical Christianity, and he changes it just enough in order to cause people to miss eternal life."

Basically, Jeffress believes that Catholicism is a counterfeit of genuine Christianity, descended from a Babylonian fish-worshiping cult. Its resemblance to the real article shows Satan's genius, Jeffress says. Not exactly a ringing endorsement of the faith practiced by 70 million Americans."

Youre just like him. Hateful and judgemental
Make Racism Wrong Again
Canada2017
cinque said:

Canada2017 said:

cinque said:

Canada2017 said:

cinque said:

YoakDaddy said:

Jeffress' comments on the Catholic Church should have you rolling on the floor:

The Observer believes that Jeffress deserves a fair hearing about whether he was taken out of context, so we've taken the liberty of transcribing, in their entirety, Jeffress' comments about Catholicism and the Roman Catholic Church from a segment on his radio show Pathway to Victory.
Quote:

"This is the Babylonian mystery religion that spread like a cult throughout the entire world. The high priests of that fake religion, that false religion, the high priests of that religion would wear crowns that resemble the heads of fish, that was in order to worship the fish god Dagon, and on those crowns were written the words, 'Keeper of the Bridge,' the bridge between Satan and man.
"That phrase, Keeper of the Bridge the Roman equivalent of it is Pontifex Maximus. It was a title that was first carried by the Caesars and then the emperors and finally by the Bishop of the Rome, Pontifex Maximus, the Keeper of the Bridge.
"You can see where we're going with this. It is that Babylonian mystery religion that infected the early church. One of the churches it infected was the church of Pergamos, which is one of the recipients of the Book of Revelation. And the early church was corrupted by this Babylonian mystery religion, and today the Roman Catholic Church is the result of that corruption.
"Much of what you see in the Catholic Church today doesn't come from God's word; it comes from that cultlike, pagan religion. Now you say, 'Pastor, how can you say such a thing? That is such an indictment of the Catholic Church. After all, the Catholic Church talks about God and the Bible and Jesus and the blood of Christ and salvation.'
"Isn't that the genius of Satan? If you want to counterfeit a dollar bill, you don't do it with purple paper and red ink. You're not going to fool anybody with that. But if you want to counterfeit money, what you do is make it look closely related to the real thing as possible.
"And that's what Satan does with counterfeit religion. He uses, he steals, he appropriates all of the symbols of true biblical Christianity, and he changes it just enough in order to cause people to miss eternal life."

Basically, Jeffress believes that Catholicism is a counterfeit of genuine Christianity, descended from a Babylonian fish-worshiping cult. Its resemblance to the real article shows Satan's genius, Jeffress says. Not exactly a ringing endorsement of the faith practiced by 70 million Americans."

Youre just like him. Hateful and judgemental

chuckle

Dont don't give a flip about the opinions of underemployed, closet cases such as yourself .

Just keep typing away princess ..... maybe in another 40 years that chip on your shoulder will finally wear away.

But I doubt it.

Florda_mike
Cinque has bad case of TDS

Needs quarantined
Mitch Blood Green
I'd never go to his church, even for my funeral. (I'd get up and walk out).
Florda_mike
tommie said:

Humm

How would you "walk out" if you weren't there? I don't get it bud???
Mitch Blood Green
Florda_mike said:

tommie said:

Humm

If you brought my body in for my funeral, I'd get up and walk out.
J.R.
I just don't understand this guy. Could someone please defend this man? Do any here attend his church? Please opine on this fella.
YoakDaddy
J.R. said:

I just don't understand this guy. Could someone please defend this man? Do any here attend his church? Please opine on this fella.

See 2nd post. Cinque was dishonest in its OP. As to Jeffress on Catholicism, I have no clue because I don't go to church there or keep up with him.
J.R.
Yoak, I'm familiar with him as I live in Dallas. I just don't understand why anyone would ever, attend his church, because of his overtly political stance.
Florda_mike
tommie said:

Florda_mike said:

tommie said:

Humm

If you brought my body in for my funeral, I'd get up and walk out.

Hahahahaha

Oh man, that's hurts me
xiledinok
tommie said:

Most normal people wouldn't either.
A good preacher doesn't have to make everything a political agenda.
Florda_mike
xiledinok said:

tommie said:

Correct .... Unless you're trying to save your church from the enemy of his church which are DNC and liberals everywhere

Methodist Church is fixing to be split by liberals FYI. It'll be good though as then the liberal blood sucking churches will no longer be supported by true Christian churches and pro LGBT churches will die on the vine without our money. Wish blue states could do same thing and break from red states so far in red they'll never be self supporting. Hello California
xiledinok
Florda_mike said:

xiledinok said:

tommie said:

Correct .... Unless you're trying to save your church from the enemy of his church which are DNC and liberals everywhere

Methodist Church is fixing to be split by liberals FYI. It'll be good though as then the liberal blood sucking churches will no longer be supported by true Christian churches and pro LGBT churches will die on the vine without our money. Wish blue states could do same thing and break from red states so far in red they'll never be self supporting. Hello California
The red states don't support themselves. Texas might be the only one. Why do you think the shutdown pissed all over the red states? In the past, wise men knew the red states couldn't create a strong economy without help.

I don't think you realize that outside the sticks of blighted America, those gays and lesbians have plenty of cash. They aren't the ones on welfare. It's most likely those people who had too many kids and not enough sense. Their churches will do fine.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.