Former Infallible Pope Benedict Speaks Out On Catholic Clergy and Church Sexual Abuse

7,035 Views | 82 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Canada2017
TexasScientist
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Former infallible Pope Benedict blames the collapse of Catholic moral theology, the absence of God, and the 60's for the rampant sexual abuse of the Catholic clergy and the Catholic Church.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2019/04/11/pope-benedict-church-abuse-crisis-tied-to-homosexuality/3433465002/
cinque
He's in the Bannon camp.
Make Racism Wrong Again
Canada2017
Always amusing when our local Catholic 'fans' initiate threads about a Faith they don't believe in .

Be that as it may.......this particular Pope needs to step down .

Among American Catholics it is widely perceived that he is part of the problem.

cinque
True only among the Calvinist Catholics. If anybody should have stepped down, it was JPII for harboring and protecting the most prolific sexual predator and wanton criminal in Church history.
Make Racism Wrong Again
Canada2017
cinque said:

True only among the Calvinist Catholics. If anybody should have stepped down, it was JPII for harboring and protecting the most prolific sexual predator and wanton criminal in Church history.

Do you get paid commenting on other people's threads or just on the ones you originate ?
cinque
Canada2017 said:

cinque said:

Do you get paid commenting on other people's threads or just on the ones you originate ?
I thought you were part of the plan?
Make Racism Wrong Again
cinque
If Cardinal Whurl had to step down and if JPII were judged by the same standard, he damn sure should have been made to step down, his conservative bona fides notwithstanding
Make Racism Wrong Again
Canada2017
cinque said:

Canada2017 said:

cinque said:

No...that's why I don't respond to threads created by 'cingue'.....you get paid .

Pennies per post admittedly....but it's still low rent.

RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Steve Bannon lit a fire under his ass. If any organization needs to regroup and get their $ H I T together, it is the Catholic Church. No offense to our Catholic brethren. For the record, my Mom is Catholic.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Canada2017
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Steve Bannon lit a fire under his ass. If any organization needs to regroup and get their $ H I T together, it is the Catholic Church. No offense to our Catholic brethren. For the record, my Mom is Catholic.

No offense taken my friend.

We need to cut the rot out......starting at the top .
cinque
Canada2017 said:

cinque said:

Canada2017 said:

cinque said:

BTrue only among the Calvinist Catholics. If anybody should have stepped down, it was JPII for harboring and protecting the most prolific sexual predator and wanton criminal in Church history.

No...that's why I don't respond to threads created by 'cingue'.....you get paid .

You lie and the truth is not in you.
Make Racism Wrong Again
cinque
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Bannon is a mere gnat on the Pope's butt. Anybody who thinks the church will become purer with the departure of Francis is fooling themselves.
Make Racism Wrong Again
Canada2017
cinque said:

Canada2017 said:

cinque said:

Canada2017 said:

cinque said:

BTrue only among the Calvinist Catholics. If anybody should have stepped down, it was JPII for harboring and protecting the most prolific sexual predator and wanton criminal in Church history.

Spambot generated evasion
cinque
Canada2017 said:

cinque said:

Canada2017 said:

cinque said:

Canada2017 said:

cinque said:

You sin against the 8th commandment when you bear false witness against me.
Make Racism Wrong Again
Canada2017
cinque said:

Canada2017 said:

cinque said:

Canada2017 said:

cinque said:

Canada2017 said:

cinque said:

chuckle
cinque
Canada2017 said:

cinque said:

Canada2017 said:

cinque said:

Canada2017 said:

cinque said:

Canada2017 said:

cinque said:

chuckle
Laugh as you walk past the confessional knowing you have committed a sin of sacralige.
Make Racism Wrong Again
Coke Bear
TexasScientist said:

Former infallible Pope Benedict blames the collapse of Catholic moral theology, the absence of God, and the 60's for the rampant sexual abuse of the Catholic clergy and the Catholic Church.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2019/04/11/pope-benedict-church-abuse-crisis-tied-to-homosexuality/3433465002/
And what do you attribute the abuse to?
LIB,MR BEARS
Back to the beginning of this thread and the word infallible

Papal infallibility is a dogma of the Catholic Church that states that, in virtue of the promise of Jesus to Peter, the Pope is preserved from the possibility of error "when, in the exercise of his office as shepherd and teacher of all Christians, in virtue of his supreme apostolic authority, he defines a doctrine ..."

In this instance, he wasn't defining doctrine. Therefore, if SciGuy were honest, he'd remove the word "infallible" from the OP.

Is the non-Christian actively seeking answers and open to whatever those answers are? Are they apathetic? Are they openly hostile?

SciGuy is ALWAYS openly hostile towards Christianity. Pray for him/her but don't cast your pearls.

quash
TexasScientist said:

That wrongly implies that he was infallible as pope. He only ever did that when speaking ex cathedra, which is rare for any pope. Less is more of you omit "infallible".

Then we could talk about the article and the lack of accountability.
Canada2017
cinque said:

Canada2017 said:

cinque said:

Canada2017 said:

cinque said:

Canada2017 said:

cinque said:

Canada2017 said:

cinque said:

chuckle
Laugh as you walk past the confessional knowing you have committed a sin of sacralige.

Hope the spam bot manager got an extra nickel for this gem.

chuckle
Canada2017
LIB,MR BEARS said:

Papal infallibility is a dogma of the Catholic Church that states that, in virtue of the promise of Jesus to Peter, the Pope is preserved from the possibility of error "when, in the exercise of his office as shepherd and teacher of all Christians, in virtue of his supreme apostolic authority, he defines a doctrine ..."

In this instance, he wasn't defining doctrine. Therefore, if SciGuy were honest, he'd remove the word "infallible" from the OP.

Is the non-Christian actively seeking answers and open to whatever those answers are? Are they apathetic? Are they openly hostile?

SciGuy is ALWAYS openly hostile towards Christianity. Pray for him/her but don't cast your pearls.

And the Popes rarely utilize this special authority. A deacon at out Church recently told me it's occurred less than 5 times in the last 150 years .

Regardless this particular Pope needs to be replaced....ASAP

He has done a tremendous amount of damage ..
Coke Bear
Canada2017 said:

I would agree that he needs to be replaced. I pray for him a Happy Death. [St. Joseph, pray for us.]

Having said that, Francis has appointed almost 50% of the current Cardinals of voting age. We may be stuck with a Frances 2.0.

It does take 2/3 vote to be elected to the Chair of Peter.

My daily prayer for the next Pope is Cardinal Sarah, age 73, from Africa. His parents were pagans that converted to Christianity. He is very orthodox. He will right the ship.
TexasScientist
Coke Bear said:

TexasScientist said:

And what do you attribute the abuse to?
Essentially to what Benedict does in his statement, the failure and collapse of Catholic moral theology, which reflects the moral bankruptcy and corruption of Catholicism as an organized institution.
TexasScientist
quash said:

TexasScientist said:

That wrongly implies that he was infallible as pope. He only ever did that when speaking ex cathedra, which is rare for any pope. Less is more of you omit "infallible".

Then we could talk about the article and the lack of accountability.
Isn't the idea once infallible, always infallible?
TexasScientist
LIB,MR BEARS said:

I use that term to underscore how ridiculous it is to believe in the myth that he is somehow infallible only when exercising the limited scope of his office as shepherd and teacher. Why is his divine pipeline to God limited to the definitions of Catholic institutionalized dogma?
LIB,MR BEARS
TexasScientist said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

I use that term to underscore how ridiculous it is to believe in the myth that he is somehow infallible only when exercising the limited scope of his office as shepherd and teacher. Why is his divine pipeline to God limited to the definitions of Catholic institutionalized dogma?
Ask a Catholic . My point still stands that you are hostile towards Christianity. I wasn't the only one to see it in your word selection.
TexasScientist
Coke Bear said:

Canada2017 said:

I would agree that he needs to be replaced. I pray for him a Happy Death. [St. Joseph, pray for us.]

Having said that, Francis has appointed almost 50% of the current Cardinals of voting age. We may be stuck with a Frances 2.0.

My daily prayer for the next Pope is Cardinal Sarah, age 73, from Africa. His parents were pagans that converted to Christianity. He is very orthodox. He will right the ship.

So what part of Christ's character are you invoking by praying for someone's death and calling upon other Catholic divinities to do likewise? Didn't Francis appoint those 50% of Cardinal's through his divine power of apostolic appointment and succession?
Canada2017
Coke Bear said:

Canada2017 said:

I do not pray for anyone's death.

That said I didn't realize all of the Pope's appointments.....the damage inflicted could be immense.
Coke Bear
TexasScientist said:

[So what part of Christ's character are you invoking by praying for someone's death and calling upon other Catholic divinities to do likewise?

I'm not praying for his death. He's a man who's 82 and in ill-health. When he dies, I hope that it is peaceful.

St. Joseph, Mary's most-chaste spouse, is the patron Saint of a Happy (peaceful) Death. (Lower case "t") tradition states that Joseph passed-away peacefully with Mary and Jesus by his side.
TexasScientist said:

[Didn't Francis appoint those 50% of Cardinal's through his divine power of apostolic appointment and succession?

Where have you read a Catholic source which states that the Pope has "divine power of apostolic appointment and succession"?

When selecting his cardinals, I'm sure he prays for guidance , just like many people do when they have an important decision.
Coke Bear
TexasScientist said:

Infallibility protects the Pope when speaking ex-cathedra (From the Chair) about faith and morals only.

It does not protect him when speaking about the economy, sports or the environment.
Coke Bear
TexasScientist said:

Essentially to what Benedict does in his statement, the failure and collapse of Catholic moral theology, which reflects the moral bankruptcy and corruption of Catholicism as an organized institution.

We read two completely different articles.

B-XVI, in his paper, discussed the variety of issues that lead to this abuse. Catholicism in NOT morally bankrupt. Several people in the church are guilty; however, the faith itself remains true.

The Church has many corrupt men throughout the years, but She is still standing in spite of them.
cinque
Canada2017 said:

cinque said:

Canada2017 said:

cinque said:

Canada2017 said:

cinque said:

Canada2017 said:

cinque said:

Canada2017 said:

cinque said:

chuckle

chuckle
You're a liar who bears false witness against me repeatedly. Refusing to confess your hatefulness in reconciliation is a sin of sacralige.
Make Racism Wrong Again
Canada2017
cinque said:

Canada2017 said:

cinque said:

Canada2017 said:

cinque said:

Canada2017 said:

cinque said:

Canada2017 said:

cinque said:

Canada2017 said:

cinque said:

chuckle

chuckle
You're a liar who bears false witness against me repeatedly. Refusing to confess your hatefulness in reconciliation is a sin of sacralige.

You are paid .....seeking to fill the emptiness in your life propagating leftists propaganda on various internet web sites .

Amusing at times but mostly pathetic
cinque
Canada2017 said:

cinque said:

Canada2017 said:

cinque said:

Canada2017 said:

cinque said:

Canada2017 said:

cinque said:

Canada2017 said:

cinque said:

Canada2017 said:

cinque said:

chuckle

chuckle

You are paid .....seeking to fill the emptiness in your life propagating leftists propaganda on various internet web sites .

Surely you aren't receiving Communion outside of a state of grace. You can't until you stop lying and bearing false witness against me.
Make Racism Wrong Again
Canada2017
cinque said:

Canada2017 said:

cinque said:

Canada2017 said:

cinque said:

Canada2017 said:

cinque said:

Canada2017 said:

cinque said:

Canada2017 said:

cinque said:

Canada2017 said:

cinque said:

chuckle

chuckle

Surely you aren't receiving Communion outside of a state of grace. You can't until you stop lying and bearing false witness against me.

You are paid....fact.

Obviously per any response, on any thread ...not merely on the leftists trash you originate .

So this is your last nickel from me ....you pathetic closet case

Welcome to 'ignore'.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.