He is risen!

4,333 Views | 54 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BusyTarpDuster2017
Waco1947
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The Risen Christ

AS YOU DID IT to one of the least of these my brethren, you did it to me. Just as Jesus appeared at his birth as a helpless child that the world was free to care for or destroy, so now he appears in his resurrection as the pauper, the prisoner, the stranger: appears in every form of human need that the world is free to serve or to ignore. The risen Christ is Christ risen in his glory and enthroned in all this glorious canvas, stained glass, mosaic as Redeemer and Judge. But he is also Christ risen in the shabby hearts of those who, although they have never touched the mark of the nails, have been themselves so touched by him that they believe anyway. However faded and threadbare, what they have seen of him is at least enough to get their bearings by.

-Originally published in The Faces of Jesus
Frederick Buechner
Mt 25. Jesus will show up in the poor, the immigrant (legal and illegal) the hungry, the prisoner.
He is risen indeed
Waco1947
Midnight Rider
He won't be risen until Sunday.

Be patient.

Waco1947
Midnight Rider said:

Be patient.

we celebrate the history amd memory of that day on Sunday but you will meet the Risen Christ today if you open your eyes.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
I thought for sure you were going to post about Donald Trump.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Midnight Rider
I would not soil an Easter thread by posting about Donald Trump.

Here's the actual timeline:

https://www.learnreligions.com/holy-week-timeline-700618
EatMoreSalmon
Midnight Rider said:

I think RD was referring to 47.
Sam Lowry
SSadler
Noted early 20th century NT Rudolph Bultmann says the ONLY resurrection that really matters is within each believing individual. If not within the spirit of each person presently, then it matters not whether the 1st century resurrection ever occurred or not.

But then Bultmann was simply bringing his existential self to the New Testament.

I kinda like ole Rudy. I've never considered myself an existentialist, but when you back away and cut through it all . . . what's to argue? Bottom line is . . .

HE IS RISEN INDEED!!!
Waco1947
SSadler said:

Noted early 20th century NT Rudolph Bultmann says the ONLY resurrection that really matters is within each believing individual. If not within the spirit of each person presently, then it matters not whether the 1st century resurrection ever occurred or not.

But then Bultmann was simply bringing his existential self to the New Testament.

I kinda like ole Rudy. I've never considered myself an existentialist, but when you back away and cut through it all . . . what's to argue? Bottom line is . . .

HE IS RISEN INDEED!!!
Amen to Rudy and Jesus. HE IS RISEN INDEED
MrGolfguy
J E S U S
Well I ain't no greenhorn!!
fadskier
Waco never missed an opportunity to use religion to further his political opinions. Modern day pharisee.
Salute the Marines - Joe Biden
El Oso
Midnight Rider said:

As to the temple cleansing:
1. Did John misrecord the time (he's only one to record it before passion week).
2. Did Jesus do it twice?
3. Another possibility which is...
Florda_mike
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

He did

Next to last line says "(legal and illegal)"

TDS is 24/7, never takes a moment off in the afflicted
MrGolfguy
J E S U S
Well I ain't no greenhorn!!
Oldbear83
Midnight Rider said:

Be patient.

Waco's 'jesus' is a wind-up toy that quotes AOC and Bernie Sanders.
Florda_mike
Oldbear83 said:

Midnight Rider said:

Be patient.

Tenacious D
He is risen indeed!
Florda_mike
Yep

Today's the day
Oldbear83
Florda_mike said:

Yep

Today's the day
For the real Christ, who is powerful beyond the World.
cinque
He is risen indeed!
Make Racism Wrong Again
Waco1947
Florda_mike said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

He did

Next to last line says "(legal and illegal)"

TDS is 24/7, never takes a moment off in the afflicted
Legal/illegal is a theological statement in context. It reminds you of God's grace for all. I think you can't swallow that concept that all means all.
Waco1947
Oldbear83 said:

Midnight Rider said:

Be patient.

Don't lie about me.
Jesus is risen.
You ask me how I know he lives? He lives within my heart.
And your self righteous can't take that faith away from me nor can you judge my faith.
You may however celebrate with me the joy of the risen Christ.
Oldbear83
Waco: "Don't lie about me. "

I do not lie.

You know this.

Why do you hate babies, Waco, that you push so hard for them to die?
Waco1947
Oldbear83 said:

I do not lie.

You know this.

See there is another lie.
Waco1947
The Risen Christ

AS YOU DID IT to one of the least of these my brethren, you did it to me. Just as Jesus appeared at his birth as a helpless child that the world was free to care for or destroy, so now he appears in his resurrection as the pauper, the prisoner, the stranger: appears in every form of human need that the world is free to serve or to ignore. The risen Christ is Christ risen in his glory and enthroned in all this glorious canvas, stained glass, mosaic as Redeemer and Judge. But he is also Christ risen in the shabby hearts of those who, although they have never touched the mark of the nails, have been themselves so touched by him that they believe anyway. However faded and threadbare, what they have seen of him is at least enough to get their bearings by.

Frederick Buechner
Mt 25. Jesus will show up in the poor, the immigrant (legal and illegal) the hungry, the prisoner.
He is risen indeed for us all. Christ meet the Christ in our neighbor even the illegal ones. Christ died a political prisoner. So yes politics matters.
Oldbear83
Waco1947 said:

Oldbear83 said:

I do not lie.

You know this.

See there is another lie.
It's sadly no lie, you want babies to die.

Waco1947
Waco1947 said:

The Risen Christ

Frederick Buechner
He is risen indeed for us all. Christ meet the Christ in our neighbor even the illegal ones. Christ died a political prisoner. So yes politics matters.

Oldbear83
"Why do you ask me about what is good?" Jesus replied. "There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, keep the commandments."

Matthew 19:17
Oldbear83
"Then Jesus asked them, "Which is lawful on the Sabbath: to do good or to do evil, to save life or to kill?" But they remained silent."

Mark 3:4
Oldbear83
Jesus declared. "Go now and leave your life of sin."

John 8:11b
Waco1947
Oldbear83 said:

"Then Jesus asked them, "Which is lawful on the Sabbath: to do good or to do evil, to save life or to kill?" But they remained silent."

and so we go to war?
Oldbear83
Waco1947 said:

Oldbear83 said:

and so we go to war?
isaiah 13:3 "I have commanded those I prepared for battle; I have summoned my warriors to carry out my wrath those who rejoice in my triumph."

Psalm 24: 8 "Who is this King of glory? The Lord strong and mighty, the Lord mighty in battle."

Psalm 144:1 "Praise be to the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle."

Do not confuse war for murder, nor murder for battle.
Waco1947
Oldbear83 said:

Waco1947 said:

Oldbear83 said:

and so we go to war?
isaiah 13:3 "I have commanded those I prepared for battle; I have summoned my warriors to carry out my wrath those who rejoice in my triumph."

Psalm 24: 8 "Who is this King of glory? The Lord strong and mighty, the Lord mighty in battle."

Psalm 144:1 "Praise be to the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle."

OT references ? I thought we lived under a new covenant
Oldbear83
Waco1947 said:

Oldbear83 said:

Waco1947 said:

Oldbear83 said:

and so we go to war?

OT references ? I thought we lived under a new covenant
Same God.

Real ministers know that.

Just Who do you think it was, that Jesus prayed to?
BusyTarpDuster2017
Waco1947 said:

He is risen indeed

Why do you reference Matthew 25? How do you know it's true? The gospels also say Jesus calmed a storm with just a command, and physically rose from the dead, and you've denied these. So what gives Matthew 25 any reliability and authority to you?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.