Wait, so there is a Pepper Hamilton report?

6,786 Views | 74 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by trey3216
xiledinok
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Malbec said:

Keyser Soze said:

Don't think Baylor agrees with you.

There were many "ad hoc" procedures and what you described certainly may have been one, but it was not BU policy. Briles and McCaw were also in a position to know it was not policy.

Even if it was as you say (which it was not), McCaw and Briles did not tell the representative or the representative was complicit in not reporting. The end results are the same, things were not reported outside athletics.

I also will remind you that you were most insistent that Barnes reported things to Judicial Affairs - after some time we found out Baylor's version of events was correct and Barnes had only asked the parents and victim to report to Judaical Affairs. The tweets ultimately made all the assistant coaches look foolish.
You had been repeating an incorrect "coaches version" of events and I assume you are now as well.

This will be my last post on this thread now that X has decided to get involved. I stand behind my statement regarding direct contact. Those procedures have been delineated under oath. As for my "insistence" regarding Barnes' interaction with JA, I will only say that I remain insistent that Barnes made contact with JA to obtain instruction for reporting, which he passed along to his player's parents. Again, this contact has been detailed under oath. So, take your "coaches version" nonsense and add it to your pile of self-serving excrement. (And I mean that in the nicest possible way, without the intention of any serious offense.)
You shouldn't be involved because in your bubble, Briles and company did what they were supposed to do. Different strokes for different folks. Unfortunately, your boy Briles and his former regime let their trash fly all over our Big 12 neighbors and those nasty tv neighbors that have all the money.

The coaches' version couldn't stand up in the lawsuit against the regents. Thus, they look like liars covering their tracks and disinformation spreaders with nothing left to argue other than why they should be allowed to trash up more educational institutions while employed at such institutions.

TexasScientist
The bottom line is this whole situation lies at the feet of the BOR. Their knee jerk panic reaction made a situation, that could have been worked through without completely wrecking the ship, worse.
Keyser Soze
TexasScientist said:

The bottom line is this whole situation lies at the feet of the BOR. Their knee jerk panic reaction made a situation, that could have been worked through without completely wrecking the ship, worse.

Hire a third party to do an investigation, review and catalog over one million documents filling 27 gigs of data over a nine month period. Get results .... take action

Textbook knee jerk

TexasScientist
Keyser Soze said:

TexasScientist said:

Hire a third party to do an investigation, review and catalog over one million documents filling 27 gigs of data over a nine month period. Get results .... take action

Textbook knee jerk

Textbook CYA.
xiledinok
TexasScientist said:

It lies at the foot of the employees in Waco and some of the regents. It mostly lies in the athletic department. Art should be hating and blaming Ian. Art ran wild while Ian let him do whatever because the illusion of greatness was being created.
Art should have gone away quietly. His post firing actions were bad and it turned the powers to be in college sports against him. He already was hated by the league for ignoring what they asked him and Ian to do with our schedule. Art wanted it his way and he got it. He now has 9 of the 65 Power 5 schools wanting nothing to do with him and other schools not even wanting to get close because he brings nothing to the table to make their schools look good. Art's public image is bad news attached to a school.
trey3216
Keyser Soze said:

Many around here are not big fans of Occam's Razor.

Many around here are unaware of Occam's Razor.

FIFY

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.