On my way to MX. 100s of wind turbines. Why is dt so ignorant?

5,039 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Osodecentx
Waco1947
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Why does he oppose wind turbines? Surely his base can't care and if they do Why?
Florda_mike
Waco doesn't understand Trump LOL

So it's Trump that's ignorant because a dumas Waco can't understand Trump and it's NOT Waco that's the dumas because Waco can't understand Trump

Typical democrat name calling because a democrat can't understand something

Waco is hopelessly lost! Drunk old man that's just brain dead probably
Doc Holliday
Show me where he opposes wind turbines?

RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Trump is not anti-wind power. He is pro oil & gas. He does not have to pick one.

It is also okay to like blondes as well as brunettes.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Midnight Rider
The idiot thinks that windmills cause cancer.

Google it.
geewago
I read an article written by a Democrat who was highly opposed to wind generators because they kill thousands of bats every night as they fly by and hit the big spinning blades. But I have a friend in Sweetwater that works around them every day and he says he's never seen a dead bat laying around that he can recall. The environmentalist are something else. They told me in 85 that the ocean would rise 2 to 3 feet by 2010. I was sure I would lose my cabin in Rockport but lo and behold the water hasn't risen even an inch. It actually appears to have dropped a tad down there. Some of those same wise guys are now saying it will be 2120 before the coastal towns are covered up.

Instead of worrying about what kind of planet we're leaving behind for our children, I think we should be more concerned about what kind of children we're leaving behind for the planet.
Doc Holliday
geewago said:

Instead of worrying about what kind of planet we're leaving behind for our children, I think we should be more concerned about what kind of children we're leaving behind for the planet.
fadskier
Watched a clip of the comment and people were laughing...I took it that he was joking but then again, I'm a reasonable person.
Salute the Marines - Joe Biden
Justin Kates
Waco1947 said:

Why does he oppose wind turbines? Surely his base can't care and if they do Why?
Wind energy is not sustainable and is expensive. When the wind isn't blowing, oil is still pumping. Wind energy won't keep you warm at night, fossil fuels will. There is not enough wind in the world to power America alone.

If it comes down to oil or wind, give me oil all day long. Green is a utopian dream.
-Justin Kates
Waco1947
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/03/climate/fact-check-trump-windmills.html
Waco1947
Property values will plummet. (Unlikely.)
At the same dinner, Mr. Trump made this claim: "If you have a windmill anywhere near your house, congratulations, your house just went down 75 percent in value."
riflebear
Waco1947 said:

His administration approved $28M for Wind Energy R&D this year.

But keep yelling at clouds...
Doc Holliday
Waco1947 said:

Property values will plummet. (Unlikely.)
At the same dinner, Mr. Trump made this claim: "If you have a windmill anywhere near your house, congratulations, your house just went down 75 percent in value."

It's true.

Do you see everything through a lens of emotion, or do you look at the uncomfortable reality of the real world?
riflebear
geewago said:

I read an article written by a Democrat who was highly opposed to wind generators because they kill thousands of bats every night as they fly by and hit the big spinning blades. But I have a friend in Sweetwater that works around them every day and he says he's never seen a dead bat laying around that he can recall. The environmentalist are something else. They told me in 85 that the ocean would rise 2 to 3 feet by 2010. I was sure I would lose my cabin in Rockport but lo and behold the water hasn't risen even an inch. It actually appears to have dropped a tad down there. Some of those same wise guys are now saying it will be 2120 before the coastal towns are covered up.

They have killed many Eagles & Hawks and it's worse overseas. Hard to have it both ways, they fight for Wind Power but also fight for the animals.

The APWRA is one of the oldest wind farms in the country and one of the largest in the world originally with around 5,000 turbines. Worldwide, such facilities have been responsible for the deaths of 140,000 to 328,000 birds and 500,000 to 1.6 million bats, raising questions about their effects on population sustainability.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/09/160929143808.htm
Johnny Bear
Justin Kates said:

Waco1947 said:

Wind energy is not sustainable and is expensive. When the wind isn't blowing, oil is still pumping. Wind energy won't keep you warm at night, fossil fuels will. There is not enough wind in the world to power America alone.

If it comes down to oil or wind, give me oil all day long. Green is a utopian dream.
Furthermore, how many planes, trains and motor vehicles can you power with wind or for that matter solar as well?

It's not that people are opposed to the development of alternative sources of energy to the extent they can reasonably be expected to be of benefit, but regardless of who this upsets, the fact of the matter is fossil fuels power our economy and the world economy and that isn't going to change for the foreseeable future unless we're all willing to return to living in the 19th Century which we obviously aren't. Alternative energy sources are nowhere near ready to "take over" for fossil fuels and they aren't going to be developed enough to do so within any of our lifetimes no matter how much money and resources we throw at them.
Florda_mike
Doc Holliday said:

geewago said:

Yes I did love geewago's quote too!!!
ScottS
Wind turbines aren't environmentally sound as they cut birds in half.
Waco1947
Johnny Bear said:

Justin Kates said:

Waco1947 said:

Furthermore, how many planes, trains and motor vehicles can you power with wind or for that matter solar as well?

It's not that people are opposed to the development of alternative sources of energy to the extent they can reasonably be expected to be of benefit, but regardless of who this upsets, the fact of the matter is fossil fuels power our economy and the world economy and that isn't going to change for the foreseeable future unless we're all willing to return to living in the 19th Century which we obviously aren't. Alternative energy sources are nowhere near ready to "take over" for fossil fuels and they aren't going to be developed enough to do so within any of our lifetimes no matter how much money and resources we throw at them.
Then the sun and waves pick up the slack
Justin Kates
Except on cloudy or calm days. It's not possible amigo. Gotta have oil.
-Justin Kates
OldBurlyBear86
47, you should not post, drink and drive simultaneously.
CHP Bear
As soon as I can harvest the electrons in my living room carpet, I'm going off the grid.
Waco1947
Justin Kates said:

Except on cloudy or calm days. It's not possible amigo. Gotta have oil.
and waves?
EatMoreSalmon
Wave technology will become similar to river dams in that it will fall out of favor as the ocean currents become affected. If you want climate change, start pulling energy from ocean currents.
xiledinok
I'd be concerned about wind if heavily invested in oil and gas. Good old direct competitors.

EatMoreSalmon
Lots of practical issues with wind turbines. They are a reasonable supplement to overall energy needs, but not a reliable replacement for present energy production.
Here is a turbine buying guide:
https://sciencing.com/much-power-wind-turbine-generate-6917667.html
Osodecentx
Waco1947 said:

Why did Ted Kennedy oppose wind turbines?
Read about it
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cape_Wind
Other opponents have included the late Senator Ted Kennedy and former Secretary of State John Kerry
Waco1947
Osodecentx said:

Waco1947 said:

Read about it
Other opponents have included the late Senator Ted Kennedy and former Secretary of State John Kerry
Red herring. I'm asking about dt.
Osodecentx
Waco1947 said:

Osodecentx said:

Waco1947 said:

Read about it
Red herring? dt just following Kerry Kennedy lead.

I thought you would admire it's position
Waco1947
Osodecentx said:

Waco1947 said:

Osodecentx said:

Waco1947 said:

Read about it
I
I live in a present with an idiot as president. Why does he sound so stupid about wind turbines?
Osodecentx
Waco1947 said:

Osodecentx said:

Waco1947 said:

Osodecentx said:

Waco1947 said:

Read about it
I
I live in a present with an idiot as president. Why does he sound so stupid about wind turbines?
Did Kerry/Kennedy sound stupid? Just asking for a friend

If dt is saying the same thing, wouldn't he be a smart/stupid as Kerry?
YoakDaddy
I like the wind turbines....they're made partially of petroleum products and use lube oil and gear oil; they'll never ever replace oil and gas.

During my Exxon days I worked on a project for these. They are taken down for maintenance every 12-18 months and the lube oil and gear oil are replaced. That's a very special and expensive blend.
ABC BEAR
Maybe Trump sees the embracing of a 14th century technology while simultaneously capping fields holding 75 trillion cubic yards of natural gas, as lunacy. I know I do.
Forest Bueller
YoakDaddy said:

I like the wind turbines....they're made partially of petroleum products and use lube oil and gear oil; they'll never ever replace oil and gas.

During my Exxon days I worked on a project for these. They are taken down for maintenance every 12-18 months and the lube oil and gear oil are replaced. That's a very special and expensive blend.

Yep, why the frothing at the mouth over something that will never be more than a supplemental source of energy, I'm not sure.

You would think politicians are trying to use it as a political football.
Waco1947
Osodecentx said:

Waco1947 said:

Osodecentx said:

Waco1947 said:

Osodecentx said:

Waco1947 said:

Read about it
I

Context is your friend.. Kennedy is immaterial now.
Osodecentx
Waco1947 said:

Osodecentx said:

Waco1947 said:

Osodecentx said:

Waco1947 said:

Osodecentx said:

Waco1947 said:

Read about it
I

Context is your friend.. Kennedy is immaterial now.
Nonsense. Why not just say Kennedy was wrong about this one? Ted wasn't infallible

Trump is wrong about renewables. Ted was wrong about wind energy
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.