The Numbers For Trump

14,644 Views | 183 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BaylorOkie
Jack and DP
How long do you want to ignore this user?
HuMcK
Ironically, and I have no idea why or what it means going forward, Trump's approval rating has been trending down lately while the economic indicators (minus the budget deficit) generally trend in positive directions. He's even underwater in Rasmussen's latest polling, which is saying something. It's a weird situation where the economy is doing well, but it's unclear how much credit voters give to Trump for it.
Doc Holliday
HuMcK said:

Ironically, and I have no idea why or what it means going forward, Trump's approval rating has been trending down lately while the economic indicators (minus the budget deficit) generally trend in positive directions. He's even underwater in Rasmussen's latest polling, which is saying something. It's a weird situation where the economy is doing well, but it's unclear how much credit voters give to Trump for it.
You're so dishonest. Get some help.

Polls are ***** See Autralia, UK, US. People are sick and tired of folks like you.

You think you know everything because you're dominated by media.. You're just a DNC puppet and you regurgitate all their lies.
HuMcK
As I was saying:

Florda_mike
Doc Holliday said:

HuMcK said:

Polls are ***** See Autralia, UK, US. People are sick and tired of folks like you.

You think you know everything because you're dominated by media.. You're just a DNC puppet and you regurgitate all their lies.

Be easy on ole racist HuMcK

He or it's had to work overtime today I think possibly having to take up slack for Cinque and Waco having a slow day here

Is there a connection between Cinque/Waco/Quash and HuMcK?
riflebear
I wonder if the 95% negative media preaching Trump is a Russian Treasonous POS 24/7 for over 2 years that stole the election from Hillary could have something to do with it - LOL?

And now they are doubling down with this stupid Impeachment narrative because they can't run on any other ideas outside of women's fake issues and racism. Plus these biased liberal polls that always poll more Democrats anyway.

Regardless several polls still have him polling higher than Obama at this time during their Presidencies. I just don't believe the crap coming out of biased unsourced anonymous articles anymore and we know they will only get worse before 2020. Best to just ignore the propaganda.
cinque
Trump is gonna get beat like he stole something.
Make Racism Wrong Again
Florda_mike
Fake person spreads fake news
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
cinque said:

I thought Trump was a horrible candidate in 2016 but voted for him because of the alternative. I didn't think there was any way in Hell the Democrats could find a worse candidate than Hillary but I was wrong. I do not like Donald Trump, but it looks like I will vote for him again in 2020. You people REALLY ****ed this up.
Canada2017
Dems have to move forward with impeachment....(even though anyone with half a brain knows Trump will never be convicted in the Senate).....because character assassination is their only hope in 2020.

bearassnekkid
cinque said:

Just like last time, right cinque?

I'm honestly shocked anyone gives 2 seconds of their lives caring about "polls." If the last election didn't teach you anything, I can't help you.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Doc do you get your info from the media or have you relocated to DC?
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Florda_mike
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

Doc do you get your info from the media or have you relocated to DC?

Where has he been wrong?
fubar
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

cinque said:

I thought Trump was a horrible candidate in 2016 but voted for him because of the alternative. I didn't think there was any way in Hell the Democrats could find a worse candidate than Hillary but I was wrong. I do not like Donald Trump, but it looks like I will vote for him again in 2020. You people REALLY ****ed this up.
Did I miss something and the Democrats have already nominated a candidate? Last I looked there were like 700 running.
FormerFlash
HuMcK is actually correct on this point. Right now Trump's approval ratings haven't kept pace with the surging economy which is a bit surprising. Unless you remember that during the last election he won despite every single poll showing a comfortable victory for his opponent. The MSM has criminalized Trump supporters in the court of public opinion so many keep their support to themselves rather than face the ensuing backlash their open support will garner. Come election time, that silent majority will once again show up at the polls and cast their ballot for Trump. Will it be enough to win again? Only time will tell. He very well may lose as the last election was close, but I have no doubt he will outperform polling data and approval ratings come election day.
FormerFlash
pruritus_ani said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

cinque said:

Did I miss something and the Democrats have already nominated a candidate? Last I looked there were like 700 running.
Yep, and everyone one of them is running on the same far left platforms a majority of their own base don't even support. I've yet to see a strong candidate separate themselves from the pack. If any of the Dems that have declared decide to actually run on a more moderate platform, I'd expect them to surge ahead. At this point they're all trying to out left each other in more and more radical fashion. That gets attention and headlines, but not votes.
Oldbear83
The next Presidential election is November 3rd, 2020. While there will be early voting to consider and some late tallies, this date is essentially the finish line.

Today is May 24, 2019. That means the election finish line is 529 days away. A lot can happen in that time.

According to a 2007 Pew Research Center article,

https://www.pewresearch.org/2007/02/14/how-reliable-are-the-early-presidential-polls/

Republican front-runners in early polling tend to win the party nomination (Bush in 1999, Dole in 1995, GHW Bush in 1987, Reagan in 1979, Nixon in 1967, seven out of eight from 1959-2004), while Democrats change their support as the primaries progress (4 out of 8 early leaders won the nomination 1959-2004).

That suggests that while Biden and Sanders have reason to feel good, they have not locked up anything yet.
What's more, Democrats have sometimes done what happened for the GOP in 2016 an outsider wins the nomination by presenting a unique perspective. Cuomo was the early leader in Democratic polls in 1991, but the Democrats could not get excited by him. When Clinton got going, he found energy and focus and won both the nomination and election. In 1975, George Wallace (yes, that George Wallace) and Ted Kennedy shared the early lead for Democrats in polls, but the party stayed unfocused until Georgia Governor Jimmy Carter entered the race. What Trump did in 2016 was just copying the proven plan which Democrats had used before.

The Democrats have three problems to address in order to find their best nominee. First is the economy, where job creation and consumer satisfaction are very solid, and historically this is what drives elections more than anything else. Since World War 2, only 2 sitting Presidents have lost re-election bids and in both cases the economy was the biggest factor. Up to now, the Democrats have tried to deny the economy is strong, or else tried to pretend Trump is not responsible for the job growth, in a stark reversal of tactics used when Obama was President. The summary rebuttal to these tactics is that it makes the Democrats look to be in denial, and petty, neither of which is a winning plan.

The second problem, ironically, is the investigations into Trump, and Trump-hate in general. Democrats tried to vilify Trump in the 2016 election, but the methods used were clumsy and obvious and did not sway voters those who believe Trump was morally corrupt did so prior to the assertions and therefore represented no change, while voters who did not believe the assertions are regarded them as political cheap tricks also did not change their opinion.

For some reason, Democrats continue to play that tactic, even though such attacks fail to damage his support, and may in fact be driving independents to support the President.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/442336-trumps-approval-rating-at-all-time-high-in-gallup-poll

Most Americans don't want the President impeached. Internals from the polling suggest that a driving force is not so much support for Trump as disgust at the endless investigations.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/05/23/americans-dont-want-congress-impeach-democrats-arent-listening/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.e7a50dc72d31

Democrats would be well-advised to drop the whole mess and move on to more productive efforts.

The third problem for Democrats is their focus on millennials. This hurts them in two ways. First, young people have historically been unreliable as a voting bloc. This means investing too much attention and focus on a group likely to represent less than twenty percent of the total voter pool. Second, winning candidates need to appeal to moderate voters. Extreme positions tend to fail either to win enough popular support to win, or lose in critical battlegrounds.

With the three problems known, Democrats now have the opportunity to find a candidate to effectively respond. The best candidate would therefore be a Democrat with solid economic credentials, ideally a governor with a strong state economy. That Democrat would not be known for an obsession with Trump, and would be media-savvy but appealing to older voters too.

Governors Newsome from California and Cuomo from New York might seem strong contenders, but are considered too extreme for heartland voters. But I would suggest taking a close look at Ned Lamont from Connecticut, Laura Kelly from Kansas, Gretchen Whitmer from Michigan, and Roy Cooper from North Carolina.
riflebear
LOL

Forest Bueller
riflebear said:

LOL

Someone has come out saying this video was set at 75% speed to make her look even more slurred and stupified.

So if true that isn't good. However, her mind and communication has been a mess for a while, even at normal speed. I'm sure they will keep propping her up until she no longer serves the democrats purpose.
blackie
Canada2017 said:

Dems have to move forward with impeachment....(even though anyone with half a brain knows Trump will never be convicted in the Senate).....because character assassination is their only hope in 2020.

I don't know Canada. Trump has plenty of time left to screw the pooch, especially if he screws this tariff situation up. There are actually, IMO, enough Reps in the Senate that will only go so far in stretching what they consider what they will stomach that reflects back on them for blindly supporting Trump. I agree with some of his policies, but not with his tactics or his persona. At some point the moral headings with which you were raised and believe in override the benefits you think you are receiving because of the overall story. Trump is pushing the envelope in that area.

Yesterday's pronouncement that he would not talk about the infrastructure deal (or anything else for that matter in which the Dems would like action....some of which has bipartisan support) until they agree to stop investigating him is possibly the poorest public statement I may have heard from any President. To me it says two things. The first is that all of this is just about him (the heck with the country's needs), and him alone (as if most people didn't already know this). The second is that he is doing everything he can to convince people that he is guilty of things which even he considers underhanded or illegal or could be considered illegal which would result in his removal from office or short of that a zip chance of gaining re-election. Why else would he demand investigations to stop if there was nothing worth investigating? He is suppose to be in office to lead the country, not build an ego that is insatiable or protect a facade of personal success or hide personal failures.

You can only put up with arrogance and egotism in a President to the nth degree for so long. Trump is past that point, IMO. These same policies that the Republicans champion could possibly have a better chance of becoming reality by another Republican that doesn't repulse a large segment of the country.

Don't give me that garbage about being a "never-Trumper". I would just like to see a bit of integrity and humility in the Oval House regardless of the last name. That is why I didn't vote for either candidate in 2016.

If you support his policies, fine. If you love the man, that is another issue. As I said Trump has another year and a half to screw the pooch by his own actions or by what he may have already done. My strong belief is that he will accomplish that feat. His biggest political opponent is himself and his ego, IMO.
Oldbear83
blackie: "You can only put up with arrogance and egotism in a President to the nth degree for so long."

That never hurt Obama, or for that matter Bill Clinton, John Kennedy, or FDR.
Waco1947
Doc Holliday said:

HuMcK said:

no proof. Just ad hominem attack.
Not well played.
Waco1947
blackie
Oldbear83 said:

blackie: "You can only put up with arrogance and egotism in a President to the nth degree for so long."

And none of them ever acted like Trump. Is he really your role model? This is not a relative comparison. It is an absolute measure. You can't condone personal behavior of one person by saying he/she is not as bad as someone else. Isn't that what you consider a Democratic tactic?
Oldbear83
blackie: "none of them ever acted like Trump"

Several were worse.

And let's not forget the public relations "skills" of LBJ or Woodrow Wilson.
Forest Bueller
LBJ "acted" as bad as any President we have ever had. It was mainly covered over at the time though.

The man was terrible. Has Trump even messed around on his wife while in office. LBJ, JFK, Clinton and others did continually.
Florda_mike
Forest Bueller said:

LBJ "acted" as bad as any President we have ever had. It was mainly covered over at the time though.

The man was terrible. Has Trump even messed on his wife around while in office. LBJ, JFK, Clinton and others did continually.

Liberals act all high and mighty until forced to look at their own. Then they ignore their own
cinque
Florda_mike said:

Forest Bueller said:

The man was terrible. Has Trump even messed on his wife around while in office. LBJ, JFK, Clinton and others did continually.

Liberals act all high and mighty until forced to look at their own. Then they ignore their own
When it comes to being awful, Trump has no peer.
Make Racism Wrong Again
Oldbear83
cinque said:

Florda_mike said:

Forest Bueller said:

When it comes to being awful, Trump has no peer.
Denial is the new Progressive
Waco1947
His margin of victory was a bit under 78,000 votes across three states (Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Michigan).
Wisconsin soybean farmers have been hurt by his trade policies.
In Wisconsin in 2018, Democrats held a Senate seat and a Democrat narrowly defeated the incumbent Republican governor.
In Pennsylvania in 2018, Democrats took three seats from Republicans in the House.
In Michigan in 2018, Democrats took five seats from Republicans in the House.
He's never been above a 50% approval rating in the RCP poll average.
A Quinnipiac poll in late April reported that 52% of recipients "definitely would not" vote for Trump in 2020. An NPR/Marist poll covering roughly the same period reported 54% planning to "definitely" vote against him.
Democrats had a ten million vote advantage in 2018 House races, showing an ability to put aside differences and turn out in response to Trump.
None of that says he won't get re-elected, but add it up and it says that he's vulnerable.
Waco1947
Canada2017
blackie said:

Oldbear83 said:

And none of them ever acted like Trump. Is he really your role model? This is not a relative comparison. It is an absolute measure. You can't condone personal behavior of one person by saying he/she is not as bad as someone else. Isn't that what you consider a Democratic tactic?

Compared to JFK, LBJ, Bill Clinton and Richard Nixon.....Trumps behavior in the White House has been exceptional.

Other than ill advised tweeting on occasion.....exactly what has Trump done as President of the United States ....specifically.....to rile you up ?

blackie
Beyond his character, morals, language, egotism to be more concerned about himself than the country, I guess he is the shining light we should all be trying to emulate.

But specifically lately is his demand that investigation of him be stopped before discussion on things that need to go forward that have bipartisan support continue. He is not putting the country first.......never has and never will. He can't even let trivial mattes that other Presidents have ignored go without putting out some jerky response that reminds you of a spoiled child in an effort to show him "winning".

I was mildly enjoying the election night results in 2016 thinking that President, Trump would be above the petty antics of candidate Trump. It's been worse than I could have imagined. I voted third party in 2016. I will not do that again in 2020. I will put my trust in a Rep Senate to keep a Democratic President under control. It has gotten that bad for me. I won't betray my standards of character for this man. He doesn't deserve it.
riflebear
Florda_mike
Waco1947 said:

His margin of victory was a bit under 78,000 votes across three states (Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Michigan).
Wisconsin soybean farmers have been hurt by his trade policies.
In Wisconsin in 2018, Democrats held a Senate seat and a Democrat narrowly defeated the incumbent Republican governor.
In Pennsylvania in 2018, Democrats took three seats from Republicans in the House.
In Michigan in 2018, Democrats took five seats from Republicans in the House.
He's never been above a 50% approval rating in the RCP poll average.
A Quinnipiac poll in late April reported that 52% of recipients "definitely would not" vote for Trump in 2020. An NPR/Marist poll covering roughly the same period reported 54% planning to "definitely" vote against him.
Democrats had a ten million vote advantage in 2018 House races, showing an ability to put aside differences and turn out in response to Trump.
None of that says he won't get re-elected, but add it up and it says that he's vulnerable.

^^^ There's absolutely no chance the Waco we all know here wrote the above

Uh uh no way
Canada2017
blackie said:

Beyond his character, morals, language, egotism to be more concerned about himself than the country, I guess he is the shining light we should all be trying to emulate.

But specifically lately is his demand that investigation of him be stopped before discussion on things that need to go forward that have bipartisan support continue. He is not putting the country first.......never has and never will. He can't even let trivial mattes that other Presidents have ignored go without putting out some jerky response that reminds you of a spoiled child in an effort to show him "winning".

I was mildly enjoying the election night results in 2016 thinking that President, Trump would be above the petty antics of candidate Trump. It's been worse than I could have imagined. I voted third party in 2016. I will not do that again in 2020. I will put my trust in a Rep Senate to keep a Democratic President under control. It has gotten that bad for me. I won't betray my standards of character for this man. He doesn't deserve it.

Of course your opinions are as valid as anyone else's .....and you choice for president is entirely your own....however

Trump is the only president I've ever heard of that donates his salary back to the US Treasury.

Trump has endured far more abuse from the national media than any president in history. Frankly I'm amazed Trump is willing to commit to another 4 years of such vicious attacks..both on himself and his family. Yes Trump is a narcissist but at his age and with the millions of dollars at his disposal.....I believe his primary motive for a 2nd term is to help Americans . Honestly I wouldn't even consider a 2nd term if I had his options.

So you are willing to accept ANY Dem nominee ? That is incredible to me. The Dem's are now anti Christian, anti business , and despise Anglo culture . Expecting a ( barely ) Republican Senate to curb Dem President's inevitably destructive programs is short sighted and highly unlikely.

Executive Orders alone make a Democratic President of the United States a horrible risk. Certainly not a risk worth taking in light of Trumps accomplishments.

Oh well....just my 2 cents .

Peace be with you .

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.