How's Joe Biden going to cure cancer?

4,253 Views | 33 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Waco1947
Baylor3216
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dude just said "elect me and I will cure cancer"

And the sheep cheered on

This train wreck is almost as good as watching the Obama fail years
BaylorBJM
Probably the same way Trump is going to eliminate the national debt in the next 19 months.
57Bear
Didn't the National Cancer Act of 1971 already yield a cure for cancer.

whitetrash
Easily, if cancer was an 11 year old girl.
midgett
I posted this two days ago and got two responses. One, of course, from Doc.

The other was this gem from Valhalla Bear:

Question

Does Biden have the cure for cancer, he's just holding America hostage unless he gets elected President?

He's been a US Senator for 74 years. Why is he waiting until now to reveal he knows how to cure cancer?

Johnny Bear
This is the epitome of trying to say whatever it takes to get elected, even though virtually anyone with at least half of a brain knows what you are "promising" has less than a snowball's chance of actually happening. Dems like Joe Biden have the luxury of knowing if they indeed do ultimately get elected the MSM will conveniently forget ridiculous statements like this and will never hold him accountable. The end or the objective always justifies the means with these people, especially as relates to what they say or "promise".
Doc Holliday
whitetrash said:

Easily, if cancer was an 11 year old girl.
ScottS
Biden can't even cure athlete's foot or VD.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
BaylorBJM said:

Probably the same way Trump is going to eliminate the national debt in the next 19 months.
Interesting that neither side of the aisle seems to have any interest whatsover in even bringing up our $22 trillion+ national debt. Ignore it and maybe it will just go away.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Canada2017
At his age Biden is far more likely to contract cancer than cure it .
sahen
I think everyone is misunderstanding this statement. To Biden and the Democrats Trump is a cancer for the USA. If he is elected then the USA is cured from the Trump cancer. I am shocked they don't just start calling Trump "cancer".
whitetrash
sahen said:

I think everyone is misunderstanding this statement. To Biden and the Democrats Trump is a cancer for the USA. If he is elected then the USA is cured from the Trump cancer. I am shocked they don't just start calling Trump "cancer".
That would be curing America of cancer but giving it the clap.
Johnny Bear
sahen said:

Nice try, but that's not at all what crazy Joe said.
sahen
Johnny Bear said:

sahen said:

It was a joke - Everyone knows Biden has as much ability to cure cancer as Gore does to rid the world of global warming/climate change.
Malbec
I heard the Dems believe that waiting in line for treatment cures cancer. If you just wait long enough, you're cured. Permanently.
redfish961
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

BaylorBJM said:

Interesting that neither side of the aisle seems to have any interest whatsover in even bringing up our $22 trillion+ national debt. Ignore it and maybe it will just go away.
I agree with this.

Just hope we have a perpetual line of credit, no matter what?

I'm interested to see what all the candidates say about this and I will be very interested in those that don't address it at all.

Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies.
Johnny Bear
sahen said:

Johnny Bear said:

sahen said:

It was a joke - Everyone knows Biden has as much ability to cure cancer as Gore does to rid the world of global warming/climate change.
Gotcha. My sarcasm meter didn't catch that the first time around.

It really has gotten way past absurd as far as what many of these dem candidates are "promising". I'm not going to be surprised when one of them guarantees that if they're elected, at a minimum everyone will get to live free in a fully furnished 7 figure mansion and drive a fully paid for Ferrari.
Iron Claw
redfish961 said:

Just hope we have a perpetual line of credit, no matter what?.....

Isn't that called Modern Monetary Theory (MMT)?
redfish961
Iron Claw said:

redfish961 said:

Just hope we have a perpetual line of credit, no matter what?.....

Isn't that called Modern Monetary Theory (MMT)?
Yes, I think it is, lol
Mitch Blood Green
Baylor3216 said:

Dude just said "elect me and I will cure cancer"

And the sheep cheered on

This train wreck is almost as good as watching the Obama fail years

He won't. What we do t know is how far along are we towards a cure? I don't know but I know people fighting cancer and new treatments seem more effective than ever.
BaylorBJM
I mean honestly. Just like there's a tweet for every occasion, there's almost always a campaign rally quote reeking of irony:
https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-2020-rally-pledges-cure-cancer-put-man-on-mars-2019-6

And the sheep cheered on...
FormerFlash
I'll actually defend Biden here, slightly. His son died from brain cancer, I believe. I'm sure it is an extremely painful subject for him and I'd give him the benefit of the doubt that he is hoping to use the power of the president to put a heavy focus on finding a cure. Now it was extremely poorly worded and does sound like ridiculous pandering for votes. But given his very personal experience with cancer loss, I'm going to assume this was a bold statement about pursuing a cure with fervor, not a guarantee that him winning office equals a cure.
BearFan33
If I recall, Biden was very active in this......

https://www.cancer.gov/research/key-initiatives/moonshot-cancer-initiative

I think his interest in curing cancer is one of the only things genuine about him.
robby44
Trump says his administration is 'getting closer' to curing cancer

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/449256-trump-says-his-administration-is-getting-closer-to-curing-cancer
BaylorBJM
Paging:
@Baylor3216
@midgett
@JohnnyBear
@Doc

???
robby44
What they aren't saying is that there is already a cure. Its locked away in a secret vault. The cigarette smoking man, the syndicate and all presidents have access to it
Doc Holliday
BaylorBJM said:

Paging:
@Baylor3216
@midgett
@JohnnyBear
@Doc

???
There's a pretty big difference between saying "We're going to cure cancer," and "We will come up with the cures to many, many problems, to many, many diseases including cancer and others and we're getting closer all the time."

Cures to many many problems and diseases implies plural, and outright cure for cancer implies everything.

My father in law has multiple myeloma and they are developing a vaccine that if dormant, it will outright cure it. LINK

And since the Trump administration allowed testing of new treatment with deregulation, we are seeing a lot of progress.

BaylorBJM
Doc Holliday said:

BaylorBJM said:

Paging:
@Baylor3216
@midgett
@JohnnyBear
@Doc

???
There's a pretty big difference between saying "We're going to cure cancer," and "We will come up with the cures to many, many problems, to many, many diseases including cancer and others and we're getting closer all the time."

Cures to many many problems and diseases implies plural, and outright cure for cancer implies everything.

My father in law has multiple myeloma and they are developing a vaccine that if dormant, it will outright cure it. LINK

And since the Trump administration allowed testing of new treatment with deregulation, we are seeing a lot of progress.

Lulz. Political Bias 101 right here.

You know, it would have been so refreshing if simply said something along the lines of, "Yea, Trump likely just got caught up in the heat of the moment in front of 20k screaming fans and said something equally as silly as Biden said only a few days ago. It was dumb but understandable. He was likely just playing to his audience."

Instead you doubled down on the stupid.
Doc Holliday
BaylorBJM said:

Doc Holliday said:

BaylorBJM said:

Paging:
@Baylor3216
@midgett
@JohnnyBear
@Doc

???

You know, it would have been so refreshing if simply said something along the lines of, "Yea, Trump likely just got caught up in the heat of the moment in front of 20k screaming fans and said something equally as silly as Biden said only a few days ago. It was dumb but understandable. He was likely just playing to his audience."

How is POTUS's statement untrue?

It literally has come to fruition based on measures he's implemented.
robby44
Kind of difficult to find cures if you're slashing the budget of National Institutes of Health

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-019-00719-4
riflebear
Johnny Bear
Doc Holliday said:

BaylorBJM said:

Doc Holliday said:

BaylorBJM said:

Paging:
@Baylor3216
@midgett
@JohnnyBear
@Doc

???

How is POTUS's statement untrue?

It literally has come to fruition based on measures he's implemented.
Paging:
@BaylorBJM
????????
Waco1947
"We will push onward with new medical frontiers. We will come up with the cures to many, many problems; to many, many diseases -"
dt
riflebear
It's obvious who the media is going with in the next election - it's not Biden. Remember Giuliani got hammered for bringing this up and wanting to go to Ukraine as they had evidence of corruption but the media and Dems called him out on it. I guess now they want to know since Biden is not doing so well in the race anymore.

Next up - China corruption w/ his son.
Again - this is why having a neutral press to investigate is so important. They should have done their job back in 2014 & 2015 when this first came up.

Waco1947
Waco1947 said:

"We will push onward with new medical frontiers. We will come up with the cures to many, many problems; to many, many diseases -"
dt
In case you missed it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.