Memphis riots - what am I missing?

6,285 Views | 59 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Canada2017
Mitch Blood Green
How long do you want to ignore this user?
midgett said:

Officers go to his home to serve multiple outstanding felony warrants. Suspect gets into car and rams task force vehicles with his car. Suspect exits his car with a weapon. Officers shoot him down.

Now there are riots protesting the shooting by police.

What is the purpose of the riots? Why the anger towards law enforcement? Should police have handled differently? If so, how?

We live in an era of "fake news". Where we are told all news is fake. Don't trust that video. Don't trust that news coverage. That picture is false. Ignore these infallible facts. It's all biased.

Are you telling me your facts are true? Or should the rioters trust the government we are told by leadership is untrustworthy?
Canada2017
tommie said:

midgett said:

Officers go to his home to serve multiple outstanding felony warrants. Suspect gets into car and rams task force vehicles with his car. Suspect exits his car with a weapon. Officers shoot him down.

What is the purpose of the riots? Why the anger towards law enforcement? Should police have handled differently? If so, how?

We live in an era of "fake news". Where we are told all news is fake. Don't trust that video. Don't trust that news coverage. That picture is false. Ignore these infallible facts. It's all biased.

Are you telling me your facts are true? Or should the rioters trust the government we are told by leadership is untrustworthy?

Starting a little early .
Florda_mike
LOL
robby44
tommie said:

midgett said:

Yea been reading law enforcement and DOJ are the devil
Mitch Blood Green
Canada2017 said:

tommie said:

midgett said:

I'm on a global clock. I ride with the sun.
Canada2017
tommie said:

Canada2017 said:

tommie said:

midgett said:

Sounds like a good country western song .
Jack and DP
Jack and DP
Jack and DP
Memphis looks bad in this thread. It should. But Memphis has been on an upturn in recent years. You can really have a great time in Memphis. But for a city to succeed, law and order must prevail.
Jack and DP
South Side of Memphis

ShooterTX
Jack and DP said:

South Side of Memphis

Oh come on!! Really??
Are you really going to blame hip-hop culture for what is happening in Memphis???

Just because hip-hop and rap glorify the absolute worst of humanity, is no reason to shift the blame from whitey. We all know that it is the crackers who are forcing these honor students to deal drugs, get girls pregnant, and murder people in the streets. It's the damn GOP who are forcing young black men to kill eachother.... obviously.

<end sarcasm>

Yeah... hip-hop and rap are just the cherry on top of the cultural rot sundae. Isn't it time to admit that hip-hop culture as ZERO redeeming qualities?
Jack and DP
Hip hop has plenty of redeeming qualities. It tells a story. It entertains. It relates. Unfortunately, one of the stories it tells is that life is cheap, killing is easy. It's just time to change the narrative.
ShooterTX
Jack and DP said:

Hip hop has plenty of redeeming qualities. It tells a story. It entertains. It relates. Unfortunately, one of the stories it tells is that life is cheap, killing is easy. It's just time to change the narrative.

If you could create a hip-hop "song" that didn't glorify promiscuity, gun violence, drugs, etc.... would it still be hip-hop?
quash
ShooterTX said:

Jack and DP said:

If you could create a hip-hop "song" that didn't glorify promiscuity, gun violence, drugs, etc.... would it still be hip-hop?
Yes.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
whitetrash
Jack and DP said:

It also tells me which windows in my house are a bit loose when some Crown Vic with 20'' spinner rims goes rolling down the street with the bass cranked up to 11.
robby44
If we only we could get these young troublemakers hooked on Earth Wind and Fire and Lionel Richie we wouldn't have these problems
quash
robby44 said:

If we only we could get these young troublemakers hooked on Earth Wind and Fire and Lionel Richie we wouldn't have these problems
I don't remember Bootsy triggering folks like this.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
robby44
quash said:

robby44 said:

Exactly. We need more Bootsy and Dr. Funkenstein
trey3216
robby44 said:

quash said:

robby44 said:

Pretty refreshing seeing how NOLA treats one of their own, Dr. John, after his passing the other day. This is what I love to see.

Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
redfish961
robby44 said:

quash said:

robby44 said:

Sir Nose and all...The youngsters won't get it, but that was straight up funk.
redfish961
tommie said:

Canada2017 said:

tommie said:

midgett said:

Rooster time, and here I come.
ShooterTX
whitetrash said:

Jack and DP said:

It also tells me which windows in my house are a bit loose when some Crown Vic with 20'' spinner rims goes rolling down the street with the bass cranked up to 11.
I guess this is about as good as hip-hop can get:

Wichitabear
Omg. Be careful. Do you have to stay there? I bet your family is certainly concerned.
ValhallaBear
'Teens'....lol

Maybe they were just still protesting

MEMPHIS, Tenn. A teenager was arrested and charged after police say he attacked a family out on the riverfront enjoying their Fourth of July holiday.

It happened around 8:15 p.m. in the 200 block of Riverside Drive.

A witness to the incident told police he was up on a hill when he saw a 15-year-old boy throw fireworks into a crowd of people. The group was made up of at least two adults and several children, police noted in their report.

The firework hit a man in the group and he went to confront the teen. That's when the suspect reportedly began to assault the victim. He allegedly hit the victim multiple times in the face before three other suspects joined in.

The woman that was with the victim told police that two members of the group then turned on her. She claimed she was also punched about the face and body multiple times.

The children were not hurt.

Police said a 15-year-old was taken to Juvenile Court and charged with assault and disorderly conduct.

"We're trying to get food at the food trucks and we just kept witnessing fireworks being thrown into crowds of people and I kept seeing moms with their little babies running and dragging their babies and these weren't like little firecrackers. These were big fireworks," she said.

Then one of the fireworks was thrown at her family. Raley's 6-year-old daughter in the area at the time.

The mom had enough and went up to one of the teens asking what his problem was.

"I told him he was going to hurt someone and they were throwing fireworks at babies. "

Shortly after, her boyfriend followed.

"We were just trying to talk to them. I was going to be able to identify them and then go tell the cops."

But before that could happen she says someone came from behind and punched her boyfriend in the head.
From there others jumped in too, Raley trying to pull them off, they began attacking her as well.

The beating went on until witnesses and police were able to break everything up.

https://wreg.com/2019/07/05/juvenile-charged-after-attacking-family-celebrating-the-fourth-of-july-on-the-riverfront/
CHP Bear
ShooterTX said:

Jack and DP said:

I just read that article, and that is some twisted *****

She actually says that drug dealers can be "neighborhood heros". She says that we shouldn't judge this thug based upon the fact that he was a drug dealer and a drug user. W. T. F. ???

Leftist loonies are the dumbest people on earth.
Shooter TX, you hit the bullseye on that one.
Canada2017
ValhallaBear said:

'Teens'....lol

Maybe they were just still protesting

MEMPHIS, Tenn. A teenager was arrested and charged after police say he attacked a family out on the riverfront enjoying their Fourth of July holiday.

It happened around 8:15 p.m. in the 200 block of Riverside Drive.

A witness to the incident told police he was up on a hill when he saw a 15-year-old boy throw fireworks into a crowd of people. The group was made up of at least two adults and several children, police noted in their report.

The firework hit a man in the group and he went to confront the teen. That's when the suspect reportedly began to assault the victim. He allegedly hit the victim multiple times in the face before three other suspects joined in.

The woman that was with the victim told police that two members of the group then turned on her. She claimed she was also punched about the face and body multiple times.

The children were not hurt.

Police said a 15-year-old was taken to Juvenile Court and charged with assault and disorderly conduct.

"We're trying to get food at the food trucks and we just kept witnessing fireworks being thrown into crowds of people and I kept seeing moms with their little babies running and dragging their babies and these weren't like little firecrackers. These were big fireworks," she said.

Then one of the fireworks was thrown at her family. Raley's 6-year-old daughter in the area at the time.

The mom had enough and went up to one of the teens asking what his problem was.

"I told him he was going to hurt someone and they were throwing fireworks at babies. "

Shortly after, her boyfriend followed.

"We were just trying to talk to them. I was going to be able to identify them and then go tell the cops."

But before that could happen she says someone came from behind and punched her boyfriend in the head.
From there others jumped in too, Raley trying to pull them off, they began attacking her as well.

The beating went on until witnesses and police were able to break everything up.

https://wreg.com/2019/07/05/juvenile-charged-after-attacking-family-celebrating-the-fourth-of-july-on-the-riverfront/

Live long enough , see enough , hear enough .......and you don't give a **** what CNN, MSNBC and social media tries to sell .
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.