It really shouldn't be this easy, but it is

1,849 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Limited IQ Redneck in PU
cinque
How long do you want to ignore this user?

A man in a mask and combat gear was fatally shot Monday morning in downtown Dallas after he opened fire with an assault rifle outside the Earle Cabell Federal Building. No one else was injured.
FBI Special Agent in Charge Matthew DeSarno identified the gunman as Brian Isaack Clyde, 22, at a news conference on a street corner near the federal building. Clyde died at the scene and was taken to Baylor University Medical Center, officials said.

Neither DeSarno nor Erin Nealy Cox, U.S. Attorney for the Northern District of Texas, gave any indication why Clyde, who was discharged from the Army in 2017, targeted the federal building. They also did not say who shot Clyde after police responded to an active-shooter call.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/2019/06/17/shots-fired-federal-courthouse-downtown-dallas

Canada2017
One of these days people need to wake up and realize that many of these killers are in fact mentally ill.

And the police are not allowed to put these unfortunates in a hospital against their will ......until it is far too late .
cinque
"Mentally ill unfortunates" should not be allowed to roam around in combat gear shooting up buildings in attempt to kill people on their way to work.
El Oso
1. Court houses are gun free zones. I had to leave mine at home for jury duty at that same courthouse 2 weeks ago.

2. Let's hope the Army did not fail us like the Air Force did.
Malbec
cinque said:

"Mentally ill unfortunates" should not be allowed to roam around in combat gear shooting up buildings in attempt to kill people on their way to work.
I think that is exactly what Canada is saying. You, on the other hand, are saying that "mentally ill unfortunates" should not be allowed, etc., etc., by taking guns away from everyone, whether or not they are "mentally ill unfortunates."
cinque
Malbec said:

cinque said:

I think that is exactly what Canada is saying. You, on the other hand, are saying that "mentally ill unfortunates" should not be allowed, etc., etc., by taking guns away from everyone, whether or not they are "mentally ill unfortunates."
Why do you think not allowing people to roam around in combat gear shooting means taking away everyone's guns?
Malbec
cinque said:

Malbec said:

cinque said:

Why do you think not allowing people to roam around in combat gear shooting means taking away everyone's guns?
Why did you imply that Canada was promoting something other than "not allowing people to roam around in combat gear shooting", when preventing such was exactly what he was suggesting?
quash
cinque said:

Malbec said:

cinque said:

Where do you get "allowed"?
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Canada2017
cinque said:

Of course not you penny searching troll......

But cops are not allowed to put most psychotics into a hospital BEFORE they attempt to kill people .
ScottS
Gun free zones are a problem
bearassnekkid
cinque said:

They aren't.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Scott is right. I dont understand gun free zones. In fact, all of America should be a big gun required zone. If you arent man or woman enough to pack you should gtfo and go to a less violent country. Like almost anywhere else.

I agree with Canada that our health care services need to take more action before a situation occurs. I know nothing of this particular one.
quash
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

Scott is right. I dont understand gun free zones. In fact, all of America should be a big gun required zone. If you arent man or woman enough to pack you should gtfo and go to a less violent country. Like almost anywhere else.

I agree with Canada that our health care services need to take more action before a situation occurs. I know nothing of this particular one.
A problem that too often results in the death of the patient is when a family is caring for a grown mentally ill child. Kid goes off his meds, has an episode. Mom or dad dials 911 expecting the EMTs that showed up the last two times, took him to the hospital for a couple of days and got him back on the meds, nobody hurt. Instead, LEOs show up, mishandle the situation and the patient gets shot. Police are the wrong choice to handle a mental health issue.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
cinque
Malbec said:

cinque said:

Malbec said:

cinque said:

Why did you imply that Canada was promoting something other than "not allowing people to roam around in combat gear shooting", when preventing such was exactly what he was suggesting?
Because the Canadian government has at least taken some steps to prevent those who should not have guns from obtaining them. We have done nothing because we value guns more than people.
contrario
cinque said:

Malbec said:

cinque said:

Malbec said:

cinque said:

Because the Canadian government has at least taken some steps to prevent those who should not have guns from obtaining them. We have done nothing because we value guns more than people.
Nothing?
Mitch Blood Green
He won't do that **** again.
Canada2017
quash said:

Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

A problem that too often results in the death of the patient is when a family is caring for a grown mentally ill child. Kid goes off his meds, has an episode. Mom or dad dials 911 expecting the EMTs that showed up the last two times, took him to the hospital for a couple of days and got him back on the meds, nobody hurt. Instead, LEOs show up, mishandle the situation and the patient gets shot. Police are the wrong choice to handle a mental health issue.

Police are often the ONLY choice to handle a mentally ill individual.

Have under trained cops killed desperately ill individuals...yes .

But far more common is that no one will force a psychotic into a hospital against his will.

Often with tragic results.

Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.